Calling all Goyard fans....

I do think Goyard duffles are of higher quality than LV, and therefore are worth their (hefty!) prices. They seem to hold their shape longer, and have very durable handles. My dad still uses his 10 years on x
Good to know, I'm thinking of getting a duffle but not sure which brand you might have just sold me on Goyard. Thanks for the comment.

Can anyone advise me between the size on St Louis PM and GM?

I saw many people said the size of PM is similar as LV neverfull.

Can I say GM is similar as Celine Cabas in horizontal?

Is it get from Paris is cheapest?
thanks

thanks

I would actually say the PM is smaller than the neverfull, but the GM is definitely bigger.

Most people go for GM as it fits a lot of stuff, but I decided to get PM, it fits my frame better.

Paris is always cheaper x

Can the Goyard fans on this forum explain their appeal? Before a Goyard boutique opened here in San Francisco, I had never heard of the brand before.

What do you like/love about it? What makes it special? Is it more luggage than purse?

Are they all made of that patterned canvas(?) material? And etc.

Thanks!
I know this is an old post, but I have since had experience with Goyard. I spend a few months a year in Paris in an apartment just down the block from the flagship Goyard store. I became fascinated with the pattern, but didn't see the value until I was told that every dot and word on the canvas was hand painted. That said, I have a few complaints about the St. Louis model in that the base of the handles is not leather through and through, but inside is a stiffer substance. That may look good, but if you bend them over they crack, and it costs $250 to have them replaced.

I don't believe so. I have spent a lot of time at Goyard in Paris and have not seen any leather. But, then again, I wasn't looking for it. Like LV, they became famous for their patterned fabric on trunks and luggage with leather trim.

Reactions: Quellogs

thanks
Yes, prices are definitely cheaper in Paris. Plus, you have the added benefit of getting the "detaxe" of about 13% back when you leave the country, IF you follow the correct procedure.

I would actually say the PM is smaller than the neverfull, but the GM is definitely bigger.

Most people go for GM as it fits a lot of stuff, but I decided to get PM, it fits my frame better.

Paris is always cheaper x
Also, I have had the St. Louis PM and the LV Neverfull MM at the same time, and they are very close in size. I couldn't deal with the LV Neverfull GM, as it was too large for me. The difference between LV Neverfull and Goyard St. Louis is that the LV has much more body as it is coated canvas with a cloth liner. Goyard St. Louis is hand-painted coated linen, and has no fabric liner. Since linen has no body, the Goyard bags have no body. The Goyard large model is just too flappy and squishy for me.

Hi everyone,

Currently I do not own any goyard bag and I'm debating between the belvedere or a chanel mini flap. I know both are of different style but I have a hard time deciding. I always find myself worrying about my chanel flaps when I bring them out and I really want a bag that is worry free and that I can enjoy it while I'm out. Chanel caviar is durable but I know goyard is even durable due to the fact that its is kinda water proof on the surface. Any opinions?
They are two different animals. I don't think anything replaces a classic Chanel for a dressy bag, and caviar is a sturdy choice. That said, I have always found fault with any of the many larger Chanel bags I have bought. They always "bag" somewhere, the handles aren't the right length or comfortable, or if lambskin, too fragile.

Goyard is the "stealth chic" bag, in that it's not as recognizable as Chanel to those who haven't been exposed to it. It is incredibly well constructed; but you have to be careful with the handles of the St. Louis. Where the handle meets the top of the bag is not all leather, and if bent, will actually and irreversibly crack. I had mine for less than a year, and treated it like my LV Neverfull by putting it into a carry-on with the handles bent back. When I arrived, they were cracked. It cost me $250 to ship the bag back to Goyard and have them put on new handles--the only remedy.

Hello, husband here looking to get my wife her first Goyard. We live in Orlando so this will have to be done through pics and over the phone. Does anyone have an SA they recommend? Should I buy with Goyard directly or through Barney's or bergdorfs? I don't know any of the styles, so I will need a patient, helpful SA. Also, can a bag be personalized through one of the department stores or do I need to buy with Goyard directly? Thanks in advance!
San Francisco has a dedicated Goyard boutique, free-standing. If you call them or email, you get good service. I buy from them. There is not a Goyard near me, either. They will send you emails with color swatches, and even take a picture of a saleslady with the bag if you want to see how it looks.

I have a question about the Goyard pattern. I have had a few of the newer bags, and the dotted hand-painted pattern is almost perfect. You really have to look hard to see any differences. I know that they recently started using stencils to make them more consistent.

I bought an older Okinawa on Ruelala, just to add to my collection because the SF store didn't have one, and I'm not comfortable with it for a couple of reasons. The first is that the letters on the dust cover are "smudged"--like someone touched them before dry. The second reason is that the hand-painted pattern is terribly sloppy. Some of the dots connect and some of one color run into some of another color. I have seen others like them, but not the newer ones. My saleslady in SF Goyard said she couldn't judge without seeing the bag, but I think the pattern is enough to see (it seems to have all the hallmarks of a genuine Okinawa).

Can anyone tell me if they think there is a problem with this painting in the chevron pattern?

Thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_3379.jpg
    IMG_3379.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 1,090
  • IMG_3368.jpg
    IMG_3368.jpg
    134.1 KB · Views: 1,121
  • IMG_3369.jpg
    IMG_3369.jpg
    143.2 KB · Views: 1,154
  • IMG_3367.jpg