**Buying from Fashionphile** shopping experiences/questions

Hello all,
I wanted to share my (bad) experience with fashionphile: ordered a used Lanvin Amalia Cabas Tote: got a BRAND NEW cheap replica of a Lanvin Amalia Cabas. The bas is a terrible replica, still waiting for them to reply. I think they fool a lot of people by stating that the bags are used, so that people make sense of the low prices, and then in reality they just send a replica with which many naive buyers are ok (actually happy that its worn at all and in mint condition!).

Wow, that's quite an accusation :wtf:
It's a very obvious fake: the zipper is not one of the brands Lanvin uses (not sure it's appropriate to share the correct info as many members feel that counterfeiters could learn useful and dangerous info); the stitching of the outside quilted leather is not right, as the "squares" don't join properly at the sides, bottom, and top. I am very disappointed that such a well known reseller has fakes. Moreover, regardless of having sold the bad, it is still up on their website. I've had my friend send a request for the bag asking if its still available (even though i have it!) and they said "yes". That is: they have more than one, identical, in the same condition, used Amalia Cabas (out of production model)???
Just a terrible story

Hello all,
I wanted to share my (bad) experience with fashionphile: ordered a used Lanvin Amalia Cabas Tote: got a BRAND NEW cheap replica of a Lanvin Amalia Cabas. The bas is a terrible replica, still waiting for them to reply. I think they fool a lot of people by stating that the bags are used, so that people make sense of the low prices, and then in reality they just send a replica with which many naive buyers are ok (actually happy that its worn at all and in mint condition!).
Hello!
I can't comment on Lanvin however I do want to note that I have sent my authentic Chanel and Balenciaga to consign with Fashionpile. The Chanels I have bought directly from the boutique whilst the Balenciaga were from eBay, which I had fully authentications prior to buying.
So I stand on my bags authenticity and your comment I feel is rather insensitive to owners who have sent their authentic bags to Fashionpile :sad:

Reactions: Bisoux78
Hello!
I can't comment on Lanvin however I do want to note that I have sent my authentic Chanel and Balenciaga to consign with Fashionpile. The Chanels I have bought directly from the boutique whilst the Balenciaga were from eBay, which I had fully authentications prior to buying.
So I stand on my bags authenticity and your comment I feel is rather insensitive to owners who have sent their authentic bags to Fashionpile :sad:
I am sorry you feel it was insensitive, I assure you it was not my intention as I myself have sent them an authentic Givenchy... That is also why I felt confident in buying from them and why I was sooo disappointed by what happened.
The intention of my post was you (unfortunately) raise awareness that even some trusted sellers/consignment stores have fakes.
Again, apologies if that disturbed you.

Fashionphile always offers me much more than Yoogis or Rebagg. Yoogi's tried to offer me $900 for a three-month-old Diorama bag[emoji23] Fashionphile offered me over twice that amount!
this isn't a yoogi's thread, but i've started to think that maybe yoogi's does their own buying independently (they're a small business), so they don't need to purchase from *us* because they have their own avenues for getting bags and items to sell. it doesn't seem reasonable that their quotes are always far below, like 2-3 times below, what other places offer, and they turn down bags in better condition than what appear on their site. i think they purchase their own stuff from resellers or etc., and then can be highly selective when the do a direct buy or consignment. just my thoughts, i have no idea what they really do, but getting quotes for about 300 on a bag when FF offers 1K for the same bag and then sells it asap.... it's bizarre and it happens sooo often with yoogis:hrmm:

Reactions: ravestijn
thanks for the info - I was also aware of the policy. I', waiting for them to reply and send me the return shipping label.
You don't have to wait for them to send you a shipping label. All you have to do is log into your account, go to your purchases and print a free FedEx return label, unless you are not in the US. Also, calling them works a lot better than emailing.

To the person who was "offended" you posted that you received a fake, unless the fake bag came from that person it makes no sense at all to be offended. If someone gets a fake they should let people know. Being offended about it is ridiculous.

I am sorry you feel it was insensitive, I assure you it was not my intention as I myself have sent them an authentic Givenchy... That is also why I felt confident in buying from them and why I was sooo disappointed by what happened.
The intention of my post was you (unfortunately) raise awareness that even some trusted sellers/consignment stores have fakes.
Again, apologies if that disturbed you.
I'm glad you posted your experience; thanks for sharing. I think too often people overrate Fashionphile or at least put them on a pedestal and that they are far from reproach. Personally I like to err on the side of caution, not just with them but for any other secondhand dealer. I have followed Fashionphile for many years (as far as 2007) and I really think they are really FAR from perfect. Accidentally selling counterfeits is just one of the issues (and it has happened more than once); however, the great thing about them is is that they will take it back and refund your money.

Btw, I have sold to them multiple times and all my items have been authentic.

Reactions: SkeeWee1908
this isn't a yoogi's thread, but i've started to think that maybe yoogi's does their own buying independently (they're a small business), so they don't need to purchase from *us* because they have their own avenues for getting bags and items to sell. it doesn't seem reasonable that their quotes are always far below, like 2-3 times below, what other places offer, and they turn down bags in better condition than what appear on their site. i think they purchase their own stuff from resellers or etc., and then can be highly selective when the do a direct buy or consignment. just my thoughts, i have no idea what they really do, but getting quotes for about 300 on a bag when FF offers 1K for the same bag and then sells it asap.... it's bizarre and it happens sooo often with yoogis:hrmm:

Oh, that makes a lot of sense! I think you may be correct.

Hello all,
I'm certain that this is not the case. They might have made mistakes in the past (and therefore the more reason for me to believe that they will have any bag thoroughly authenticated now), but I'm positive they're not out to scam anyone. And yes, their bags (even if NWT) are pre-owned from sellers like you and I who sold or consigned our bags to them.
Did you have the bag authenticated yet? Not trying to be difficult, but If it was such a horrible, obvious fake, couldn't you tell from their pictures (that could be perfectly zoomed in) before you hit the buy button?

Reactions: Rouge H
I'm certain that this is not the case. They might have made mistakes in the past (and therefore the more reason for me to believe that they will have any bag thoroughly authenticated now), but I'm positive they're not out to scam anyone. And yes, their bags (even if NWT) are pre-owned from sellers like you and I who sold or consigned our bags to them.

Agreed. I've bought quite a few LVs and Balenciagas from Fashionphile in the past (all authenticated here of course) and they've all been authentic, beautiful and as described. I will continue to shop with them when I get the opportunity.

And I am also surprised that despite the claim that the bag is an obvious "fake" you bought it anyway. Weird.

Hello all,

It's a very obvious fake: the zipper is not one of the brands Lanvin uses (not sure it's appropriate to share the correct info as many members feel that counterfeiters could learn useful and dangerous info); the stitching of the outside quilted leather is not right, as the "squares" don't join properly at the sides, bottom, and top. I am very disappointed that such a well known reseller has fakes. Moreover, regardless of having sold the bad, it is still up on their website. I've had my friend send a request for the bag asking if its still available (even though i have it!) and they said "yes". That is: they have more than one, identical, in the same condition, used Amalia Cabas (out of production model)???
Just a terrible story

Did you have the bag authenticated yet? Not trying to be difficult, but If it was such a horrible, obvious fake, couldn't you tell from their pictures (that could be perfectly zoomed in) before you hit the buy button?
^^^^^ This -- especially the red!!

Unless you are an expert in Lanvin, the least you should do is get a free authentication here to get assessment of how the Lanvin experts feel about the bag. If deemed authentic, perhaps for your own peace of mind, you can always get a professional authentication.

But to come here and post that you believe FP purposely sells fakes because naive buyers won't know the difference is libelous! Yes, she's listed and sold fakes but it's certainly not intentional and it shouldn't have happened had she verified authenticity prior to listing them. But her mistakes (IMO) aren't intentional.