**Buying from Fashionphile** shopping experiences/questions

Hello!! I placed an item on layaway, but when I look at it something looks odd. If I paid it off and took it to the louis vuitton store to have it authenticate it and if LV said it's fake. Since I did not take off the tag, Will I be getting all of my money back for having a fake item or will they still charge 10% for returns? thanks!!
1. Louis Vuitton boutiques don't authenticate used bags.
2. Please post in the AT Louis Vuitton thread and ask the ladies for their opinion. You should be able to still see the bag you purchased as well as the photos included in the listing in your dashboard.
3. If the girls here at TPF can't help you, please have it authenticated by a reputable company that knows the nuances of this brand. Most SAs are up to date with current styles - or pieces produced since their start of employment - but not older ones.
4. Fashionphile is a reputable company. If your bag is deemed counterfeit, make sure they refund you the full price paid including any taxes, shipping etc.

1. Louis Vuitton boutiques don't authenticate used bags.
2. Please post in the AT Louis Vuitton thread and ask the ladies for their opinion. You should be able to still see the bag you purchased as well as the photos included in the listing in your dashboard.
3. If the girls here at TPF can't help you, please have it authenticated by a reputable company that knows the nuances of this brand. Most SAs are up to date with current styles - or pieces produced since their start of employment - but not older ones.
4. Fashionphile is a reputable company. If your bag is deemed counterfeit, make sure they refund you the full price paid including any taxes, shipping etc.
thank you for the advices!!

Reactions: V0N1B2
You are correct. The link post by @Frequentflyer in post #1982 is still live. It doesn't make sense if she hasn't had the bag authenticated by someone who knows Chanel.

There's nothing wrong with that bag. As I thought, Frequentflyer must have called this bag fake because of the reversed CHANEL PARIS back plate.
I also see that Fashionphile has made a note of this in their listing.
It's not unusual to see these kind of reversed back plates in very vintage pieces also.

Reactions: BeenBurned
I just bought an LV Favorite MM in Damier Azur from Fashionphile. I went onto their website tonight because I'm looking for one in Damier Ebene. I came across a new listing on a PM size that looks totally fake. It's item 156991. Now I'm super paranoid about the one I just bought even though it looks authentic. I emailed them saying it looks fake and can they confirm, but no response yet.

I found the listing you are talking about.
http://www.fashionphile.com/louis-vuitton-damier-ebene-favorite-pm-156991
What is it that looks fake to you? The made in France leather patch? That's the only weird looking thing to me, and it's because the top of it looks gluey and rubbed. The font looks thick, too. But the rest looks fine so maybe it's just the camera angle on the patch.

The outer stitching looks off and not completely even (also seems dark). The flap looks weird like it's too long??? The font on the patch looks different than on my bag. The entire bag just looks "off". I even compared to other ones they have listed and it doesn't match up.

I just bought an LV Favorite MM in Damier Azur from Fashionphile. I went onto their website tonight because I'm looking for one in Damier Ebene. I came across a new listing on a PM size that looks totally fake. It's item 156991. Now I'm super paranoid about the one I just bought even though it looks authentic. I emailed them saying it looks fake and can they confirm, but no response yet.
perhaps shop for new bags instead? there are many people who shouldn't purchase pre-loved because they worry over authenticity and cannot enjoy their bags. maybe you fall into that category. fp will likely not respond to your inquiry, but they have a 100% guarantee so if you ever did determine your bag is a replica you'd get all your money back.

The outer stitching looks off and not completely even (also seems dark). The flap looks weird like it's too long??? The font on the patch looks different than on my bag. The entire bag just looks "off". I even compared to other ones they have listed and it doesn't match up.

How about you post it for authentication here first :https://forum.purseblog.com/threads/authenticate-this-louis-vuitton.926508/page-851 ?
Unless you're an LV expert, always make certain the bag is indeed fake first before you accuse them of selling a fake :smile:.

How about you post it for authentication here first :https://forum.purseblog.com/threads/authenticate-this-louis-vuitton.926508/page-851 ?
Unless you're an LV expert, always make certain the bag is indeed fake first before you accuse them of selling a fake :smile:.
I NEVER accused them of selling fakes. I emailed them with the specific issues that look "off" to me and asked them to verify. Am I am just seeing things that are due to the camera angle or wear and tear that affected the overall look?? Being that there have been many issues with authenticity on their part I just want to make sure I am getting what I pay for.

Sam, you can request an authentication on the LV authentication thread for the bag you just bought. All you need to do is follow their format and include a link to the online listing of your purchase, and any additional pictures they may need. It should help your peace of mind for the bag you already bought.

I NEVER accused them of selling fakes. I emailed them with the specific issues that look "off" to me and asked them to verify. Am I am just seeing things that are due to the camera angle or wear and tear that affected the overall look?? Being that there have been many issues with authenticity on their part I just want to make sure I am getting what I pay for.

No offense, but the bolded above looks pretty accusatory to me. Even if you used the word "look" and not "is", the overall tone comes over very strong. Like you're completely confident that it's fake. This might be taken as a "warning" by others, which may be completely unfair to FP. You never mentioned that your concern might be due to the age/usage of the bag, and/or the fact that some pics were taken at an odd angle....... until your last post.

I see that you're very familiar with the AT threads, so I assume you know that they will save you time, keystrokes and prolonged anxiety.
You might get a confirmation in this thread on the bag's authenticity, but my guess is that it'll be faster in the ATLV thread :smile:.

No offense, but the bolded above looks pretty accusatory to me. Even if you used the word "look" and not "is", the overall tone comes over very strong. Like you're completely confident that it's fake. This might be taken as a "warning" by others, which may be completely unfair to FP. You never mentioned that your concern might be due to the age/usage of the bag, and/or the fact that some pics were taken at an odd angle....... until your last post.

I see that you're very familiar with the AT threads, so I assume you know that they will save you time, keystrokes and prolonged anxiety.
You might get a confirmation in this thread on the bag's authenticity, but my guess is that it'll be faster in the ATLV thread :smile:.

Yes, I said that particular bag "looks" fake. Based off the whole premise of this discussion, I was trying to add input as to what I saw on their website and how that particular bag stood out to me. The age usage and camera angle is something I was mentioning (in question form) based off feedback from other PF members (since I'm not an LV expert). I am posting both bags in the authentication forum, so we shall see.