**Buying from Fashionphile** shopping experiences/questions

For those of you who consign on FP I have a question about sales. I sent them 13 things recently and all but one had them put up on the site for sale. Upon looking at my account today I see that one of the items that was put up for sale is not listed anymore on my account page. If it's sold would it be listed in my account as sold or does it just disappear?

I have a question too. I sent them my bag and I notice it's up for sale but I haven't got paid. Do they usually list the bags first before paying you when you have chosen buy out.
I'm sure it's been posted before that they only generate pay-outs on certain days of the week so I guess it's possible they could list a bag before paying out.

I'm incredibly disappointed with Fashionphile customer service.
I have ordered numerous things from them over the years with no issues whatsoever...until now.
I ordered a Fendi wallet from them and got the tracking email. I (of course) was obsessively tracking the package and noticed it didn't update for a few days. The expected delivery date came and went, so I emailed Fashionphile to ask them to look into it. I also called FedEx to have them look into it. No response from Fashionphile and FedEx told me they would call me back in 2 hours. There should be a whole other thread about dealing with FedEx - I'm ready to pull my hair out because of them too! Short version with FedEx is they never call you back when they say they will and never have any information to tell you when you call them.
After a few days (and a couple other calls to FedEx with them saying they would call me back with an update that never happened) and FedEx showed up at my door - with someone else's package (not from Fashionphile)! I immediately called Fashionphile and spoke with the woman who answered the phone and she claimed she was the one who was investigating the email I had sent several days before (but no one ever responded to my email to acknowledge they received it and to tell me they were looking into it) and she said she was afraid this was going to happen?! Umm... OK. She said she would have her manager call me in 48 hours to confirm they had contacted FedEx to start a trace on my package. 48 hours came and went (and I took it upon myself to continue contacting FedEx to try to get the ball rolling to find my package in the meantime) and nothing from the Fashionphile manager. I sent another email to Fashionphile (the first was to send pictures of the package I did receive - to show them it was not from Fashionphile) reminded them about the expected phone call from them and to tell them that I was disappointed to hear from FedEx that Fashionphile had not even contacted them yet! I did receive a voicemail and email from the manager the next day saying they WOULD BE contacting FedEx to trace my package. I got an email a few days later from Fashionphile saying they had not heard from FedEx with an update (surprise, surprise). After several more days passed (and more calls from me to FedEx), I emailed Fashionphile again and expressed to them that although I understand that it was FedEx that has caused all this, both of them have not been very good at communicating with me about what they have been doing to resolve this problem. I got a response back from Fashionphile that they are contacting FedEx everyday about my situation (really? then why did you email me to say you haven't heard from them?) This has been going on a month now, and last Monday I sent Fashionphile an email asking them to refund my credit card for the wallet I never received. I asked them to contact me asap to confirm this, otherwise I would be contacting my credit card company by the end of the week to have the charge cancelled/disputed. I was very nice about it (frankly - a lot nicer than I should have been) and again clarified that I understood it was FedEx's error not theirs, but this issue was taking up a lot of my time (and I felt like I was doing all the work and not getting anywhere!) and I wanted to remove myself from this situation.
I have not received another email or call from Fashionphile to date. :mad:
I have cancelled the credit card charge from Fashionphile (and the customs charges from FedEx).
I am at a loss with both Fashionphile and FexEx. As I said in one of my emails to Fashionphile - I'm sure this situation has happened to Fashionphile before and I know it has happened to FedEx, but it has not happened to me. I don't think it's too much to ask to communicate with your customer - acknowledge them when they contact you for help, communicate with them about what you are doing to resolve their issue and what the next steps will be, and respond to them by the time frame YOU set out!

Sorry for the long winded rant, LOL!
Did the tracking number on the package that you received match the tracking number given to you by Fashionphile?

Just to vent, but I sent in a few items for a quote with Fashionphile. They charge WAY above retail but only payout a small amount. For example, I asked for a quote on a brand new in box CHANEL zip O-coin purse. They quoted me $350. I see another one on sale for $750. SAME condition (brand new and current).

GRRR!!!!

Reactions: SweetDaisy05
Just to vent, but I sent in a few items for a quote with Fashionphile. They charge WAY above retail but only payout a small amount. For example, I asked for a quote on a brand new in box CHANEL zip O-coin purse. They quoted me $350. I see another one on sale for $750. SAME condition (brand new and current).

GRRR!!!!
I've stopped asking them for quotes these days; their offers are low-ball to say the least. My stuff goes to Yoogis. Quotes from FP from a few months ago were almost half of what Yoogis were offering for buyout.

http://www.fashionphile.com/louis-vuitton-multicolor-zippy-coin-purse-black-violette-151493

Well I've never seen a Zippy Coin Purse with such a strange pattern alignment before!
Eww. I was never a huge fan of the Multicolore line and the alignment on this one makes it look worse. I thought the whole point of LV was symmetrical monogram. How were they able to verify that it's real?

Even if I did like MC, I wouldn't pay $700 for a zippy coin purse that looks like that. :yucky:

FP seems to think black MC items are lined with gold, lol!! They've been selling coin purses like that for ridiculous prices. On the bright side, when I see a trend like that on their site I take advantage of it and resell some of my black MC stuff. ;) You could buy an agenda on EBay for $200 and FP would pay 300 for it, if it's black MC.

As far as the price offers, funny story: the latest batch of items I sent them for resale a couple of months ago had one item in it that they quoted too high, I guess. Upon review, they sent me a revised offer for $50 less. The excuse was "faded monogram canvas." I couldn't see it, but I wasn't haggling over a lousy $50 after I just sold a couple $1000. But seriously... $50?

I have a question too. I sent them my bag and I notice it's up for sale but I haven't got paid. Do they usually list the bags first before paying you when you have chosen buy out.
yes. they list maybe 2-3 days after it's received but you don't get the buyout payment until maybe a week or so b/c they list daily but only do payouts/check mailings 1x a week

Yes, that happens sometimes. Happened to me just this week, but I was paid the next day after it went up for sale. Not sure if you picked direct deposit but I also suspect sometimes the lag between posting and paying is less on their end and more on my bank's end.

I've stopped asking them for quotes these days; their offers are low-ball to say the least. My stuff goes to Yoogis. Quotes from FP from a few months ago were almost half of what Yoogis were offering for buyout.

I've had the exact opposite experience in the last month or two. The last three things I sent them for quotes came back at nearly double what I was expecting. Like 60-80% of what they ultimately sold the items for, for a buyout. I got one quote from Yoogis that was $800 less than what fashionphile paid me.

It seems you can't really predict with them. It really depends on what you're selling and what they want at that moment.

yes. they list maybe 2-3 days after it's received but you don't get the buyout payment until maybe a week or so b/c they list daily but only do payouts/check mailings 1x a week

I'm going to have to disagree on the idea that they only do payouts once a week. For sure it's not a daily thing, but I've had payouts within 24 hours and some a week later with packages arriving at all different days of the week.

Did the tracking number on the package that you received match the tracking number given to you by Fashionphile?

Yep.
I actually have a bit of an update. Apparently FedEx has found my package and FP has asked to have it sent directly to me. It only took well over 1 month and no communication from PF or FedEx in more than 2 weeks to tell me they are still trying to find it etc!
However, it just can't be easy..FedEx is now not only trying to charge me again for the customs/duties, but somehow it is now more than $70 more?!! :mad:
And of course, if I don't pay this new charge, they won't deliver the package :cursing:
When I spoke with FedEx tonight they said they would try to get this charge sorted out and call me back on Monday...the same day the package is supposed to be delivered. I'm not holding my breath on that one!
The saga (that I no longer want any part of) continues!

I'm going to have to disagree on the idea that they only do payouts once a week. For sure it's not a daily thing, but I've had payouts within 24 hours and some a week later with packages arriving at all different days of the week.
i've had payouts within 24 hours as well, but it'll usually be if my item was there and processed and etc. the day before a payout. those are more lucky accidents than the norm.

I've had the exact opposite experience in the last month or two. The last three things I sent them for quotes came back at nearly double what I was expecting. Like 60-80% of what they ultimately sold the items for, for a buyout. I got one quote from Yoogis that was $800 less than what fashionphile paid me.

It seems you can't really predict with them. It really depends on what you're selling and what they want at that moment.
I have also have mixed quotes with FP and Yoogis. I always seem to get lower quotes from Yoogis though. This time out I am going with FP as they offered almost double on a small item