Those with Hermes bags, do you still carry others?

Ok, am I going to get shot for saying this but I have to say:

Although I love love love H bags and still gasp at how well-made they are, and how great they look, they're not for everyday use for me.

Why:
1.If I'm travelling in a "walking" city ie New York, London, Paris, most cities on the continent, the bags are just too heavy to lug around for a whole day out. They're fine when I'm at home and jumping in and out of the car.

2.They're not always the most practical for everyday life. I just "graduated" from a JPG to a 35 ostrich Birkin, and the first expedition to the supermarket with it, I was swearing and cursing and texting my SIL to ask her how she manages to carry her Birkin AND push her supermarket trolley at the same time. :s

Didn't you notice there's a hook on the trolley?:roflmfao: (just joking, I agree with you and this is why I just bought myself two Balenciagas).
But I LOVE H BAGS SO MUCH!

Didn't you notice there's a hook on the trolley?:roflmfao: (just joking, I agree with you and this is why I just bought myself two Balenciagas).
But I LOVE H BAGS SO MUCH!

Ah, but the hook on the trolley is an incentive for someone to snatch the precious baby. And you live in Italy, where they have the best training for snatch thefts??? (kidding.) :lol:

I haven't ventured in Balenciaga territory, somehow it's probably a personal thing, but the bags don't get my blood pressure up. I do hear so many people saying they love the B's for their lightweight though.

I know, but I just couldn't resist the joke!

Well... Forgot to tell you I usually do my shopping at the supermarket with my right hand only, and that's not because I've had my left one amputated but it's because it usually stays on the hook with the bag.

Why:
1.If I'm travelling in a "walking" city ie New York, London, Paris, most cities on the continent, the bags are just too heavy to lug around for a whole day out. They're fine when I'm at home and jumping in and out of the car.

2.They're not always the most practical for everyday life. I just "graduated" from a JPG to a 35 ostrich Birkin, and the first expedition to the supermarket with it, I was swearing and cursing and texting my SIL to ask her how she manages to carry her Birkin AND push her supermarket trolley at the same time. :s

Sound like you need an H shoulder bag for those walking/shopping trips! :nuts: