"Is this Normal?" Ask about LV stitching, alignment, etc. here!

I just picked up my LV Palk Macassar Backpack from the boutique after getting the bottom piping replaced @ $390. I received the bag with several wrinkles in the canvas (back side, near the replaced piping) that weren't there prior to the repair.

My SA said that it should even out, and to carry it around with something heavy in it to stretch the canvas faster.

Obviously I am not thrilled to have the bag returned with the canvas worse off than before I repaired it. Does anybody have a suggestion as to what I should do to fix the issue, or should I go back to the store and ask for it to be re-repaired?

Attachments

• IMG_2265.jpeg
    IMG_2265.jpeg
    310.8 KB · Views: 96
  • IMG_2264.jpeg
    IMG_2264.jpeg
    259.2 KB · Views: 98
My SA said that it should even out, and to carry it around with something heavy in it to stretch the canvas faster.
This is BS. It won't even out. They just messed it up.
Also this "repair" punctured a 2nd row of stitching holes into the canvas, if they redo it, that will be a 3rd row... and there is a finite number of those that the canvas can handle before ripping apart.
Such a pity, because this is a very nice bag.

This is BS. It won't even out. They just messed it up.
Also this "repair" punctured a 2nd row of stitching holes into the canvas, if they redo it, that will be a 3rd row... and there is a finite number of those that the canvas can handle before ripping apart.
Such a pity, because this is a very nice bag.
Oh no that will not even out . Return it and have them redo . I had a brand new neverfull that I bought that had that same bubbling near the piping and I returned that they actually refunded my money because number one they couldn't fix it. It was a brand new bag so I got my money back.
Thanks for your input - I was afraid this would be the case. Given that my SA is telling me to give it time to fix itself, how do you suggest I handle the situation and get it rectified?

Thanks for your input - I was afraid this would be the case. Given that my SA is telling me to give it time to fix itself, how do you suggest I handle the situation and get it rectified?
All you can really do is be insistent that you’re confident that it isn’t up to you to “wear the repair in.” Putting something heavy in your bag is a bizarre suggestion — stretching out the straps of your bag and putting unnecessary stress on the other seams.

You paid for this repair, and they didn’t repair adequately. You’re fully in your rights to request they redo it and emphasize your disappointment that it now means another row of stitches is going to be put on the canvas.

Reactions: Cats&Bags
They definitely did a bad repair on your bag. The SA is lying to you. She is also not an expert in bag repairs so I am not sure why she would tell you this. About 13 years ago I had a bag that had a defect and they told me they could send it in for repair. This was at South Coast Plaza in Costa Mesa CA. I dealt directly with an manager who was a repair expert. I am not sure if every store has this type of manager because the South Coast plaza store is a big store so it may be the reason why it had a repair manager who was an expert. They supposedly sent it off to Paris and I waited 2.5 months. They brought it back to me and the bag looked unrecognizable. I was so disgusted. I brought it back and the repair manager was appalled. He gave me the chance to get the same type of bag or get a store credit. I decided to get the same type of bag.

You need to speak to a manager. Preferably an expert in bag repair. They should send it back and correct this.

Reactions: Cali2HI
I just picked up my LV Palk Macassar Backpack from the boutique after getting the bottom piping replaced @ $390. I received the bag with several wrinkles in the canvas (back side, near the replaced piping) that weren't there prior to the repair.

Obviously I am not thrilled to have the bag returned with the canvas worse off than before I repaired it. Does anybody have a suggestion as to what I should do to fix the issue, or should I go back to the store and ask for it to be re-repaired?
Oh no. This is awful. Don't accept it.

Awful! This should never have left the workshop in this condition. They must have noticed the repair was not up to standard, yet they sent it out regardless. Your SA’s opinion is questionable given her advice. Hope you get it sorted. Keep us updated on the outcome

Oh Im so sorry for you!!!
I know exactly how you feel. I once got repaired a Speedy B and they totally messed up the strap and the bag sides. So I swore to myself I will never ever use the LV repair service again! Id rather wear my bags until they fall apart, no matter what…
Go back and speak to the manager. Otherwise call CS, write Email with pics. Did you make pictures before the repair?

Good luck and keep us updated!

Thanks to everyone for their responses and for following along.

I took the backpack back to my SA today, and he had already prepped the paperwork to send it back to his POC at the repair center as a red code. When I handed it over so he could see the defect in more detail, he immediately said "oh yeah, that's not good, that's not right" and agreed that this shouldn't have been returned to me in its current state. Because he marked it as a red code repair, he said it should be back to me very quickly.

I'll send an update once I receive the backpack back, hopefully in great shape!

Hi,

It’s been a while since I’ve purchased a new LV bag, only SLGs for me lately. I received my Speedy 20 today. It’s made in France. I am overall pleased. I did encounter a hang tag for the first time and just wanted to see if anyone else had seen this or if it could be a red flag that I maybe got a returned fake? 36470DDB-C8AF-40FF-BEBA-FAE6A3522114.jpeg9549EA2D-A656-4AAF-9029-78DD0DB2C93C.jpeg2E34CEF6-14A9-468F-9854-368B96C5D086.jpeg

Reactions: Misshandbagfromnrw
Reactions: southlake01