"Is this Normal?" Ask about LV stitching, alignment, etc. here!

Hi, I collected my first Alma BB in epi today. LV had to order it for me. I thought the cloche and lining were off but the SA was super positive and a bit snooty so I foolishly felt it must be normal. Coming home and inspecting further and coming on here to check, I now think this is not right. The lining feels like it has a bubble in it or is coming away from the leather, and the cloche has a big dent in it. I’m a bit worried that I’ll have hassle when I try to return the bag next weekend. I’d appreciate your opinions. I was so excited to finally buy this bag - I just love it!View attachment 5920825View attachment 5920823IMG_2240.jpegIMG_2242.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_2233.jpeg
    IMG_2233.jpeg
    191.1 KB · Views: 40
  • IMG_2234.jpeg
    IMG_2234.jpeg
    146.6 KB · Views: 43
Last edited:
Hi, I collected my first Alma BB in epi today. LV had to order it for me. I thought the cloche and lining were off but the SA was super positive and a bit snooty so I foolishly felt it must be normal. Coming home and inspecting further and coming on here to check, I now think this is not right. The lining feels like it has a bubble in it or is coming away from the leather, and the cloche has a big dent in it. I’m a bit worried that I’ll have hassle when I try to return the bag next weekend. I’d appreciate your opinions. I was so excited to finally buy this bag - I just love it!View attachment 5920825View attachment 5920823View attachment 5920830View attachment 5920828
Couldn't see lining bubble out, could you take a better picture(s) in better lighting maybe?

The 'bubble' could be normal, the lining is not bound, neither on the sides not on the bottom. That is the part that is usually bubbly on all Alma BBs. The bottom has the same structure as the Noés, and — maybe intentionally to keep the champagne bottles padded — bottoms like that always have a pillow like effect. Since the sides are also only sewn at the top edge, they can be wobbly. I checked mine, looks similar to yours. So I wouldn't worry about that.
The clochette looks well used. I'd ask for a new one. If tied very tightly, the leather string will eventually look like this. But I'd prefer to break my own rather than receiving this year-old look out of the box.

I purchased a monogram Gallieras PM recently. The year the bag was made was 2012. The datecode is stamped in the lining of the pocket of the bag. I've seen that some Gallieras bags have a leather tag with the datecode on it. The one I purchased was made in USA. Did LV begin using a leather tag for this bag? If so, when did this begin in the Gallieras?

Hi everyone!!! There is “gummy stuff” on top of my Graceful PM… I don’t want to try to remove it because I’m afraid I will peel something that shouldn’t peel! It does move back-and-forth though with my finger. Is this anything to be concerned about?????IMG_4234.jpegIMG_4236.jpegIMG_4235.jpeg

Haha, seriously, your kind of ”lift” only brand new bags would have. I have to tell you, I would be terrified if I sell brand new bags to you😘

but understandable though, I was like you look into tiny details when I first started buying
“Lift”???? I don’t get it!!! Please explain! Also I would only buy a brand new bag from the boutique BUTTTT in this case, my husband bought these bags. That’s why I’m so concerned. They have meaning to them being, he chose them ❤️❤️

Hi everyone!!! There is “gummy stuff” on top of my Graceful PM… I don’t want to try to remove it because I’m afraid I will peel something that shouldn’t peel! It does move back-and-forth though with my finger. Is this anything to be concerned about?????View attachment 5923573View attachment 5923574View attachment 5923576
Looks like glue residue. Quite common on brand new items. I was terrified when I had the first one. My SA scratched it off with her nails :biggrin:

Reactions: Mrs.Mac28
Looks like glue residue. Quite common on brand new items. I was terrified when I had the first one. My SA scratched it off with her nails :biggrin:
Thank goodness!!!! I thought it was glue residue, excess glue, but I’m afraid to scratch it off with my nails!!! I wonder if it will come off on its own rubbing against my clothes, though it’s on the front and the back, so I’m guessing the front won’t rub off on its own. As long as it’s OK and not peeling, I don’t care! I wonder how that happens though 🤷‍♀️
Anyway, thank you so much for responding! You made me feel a lot better!! ☺️

Reactions: BULL
Hi all,

Hope you’re having a great start to 2024!

I have a question about the wear and tear of empreinte leather. I purchase a Montsouris mm backpack in June 2023.
I’ve used the bag just on some of the weekends, approximately 20 times and the corners look like the pictures.

Is this normal?

Thanks in advance :smile:

Attachments

• IMG_4379.jpeg
    IMG_4379.jpeg
    262.6 KB · Views: 50
  • IMG_4378.jpeg
    IMG_4378.jpeg
    255.5 KB · Views: 44
  • IMG_4377.jpeg
    IMG_4377.jpeg
    197.7 KB · Views: 48
  • IMG_4376.jpeg
    IMG_4376.jpeg
    173.6 KB · Views: 48
Hi all,

I have a question about the wear and tear of empreinte leather. I purchase a Montsouris mm backpack in June 2023.
I’ve used the bag just on some of the weekends, approximately 20 times and the corners look like the pictures.

Is this normal?

Yes, that's obviously from wearing.

Reactions: iS2dbsk and BULL
Hi all,

Is this normal?

Backpacks are pretty rough and tumble types of bags so seeing wear on corners is part and parcel of the experience. (Especially for bags with folded corners that jut outwards)

Reactions: iS2dbsk