Is this Normal?" Ask about LV stitching, alignment, etc. here!

jube0506

O.G.
Feb 25, 2007
Hi,

I got this 2 and a half weeks ago and only used it 3 times. Is this supposed to happen? I noticed it the first day I used it which was the first day I got it. ImageUploadedByPurseForum1371079076.003935.jpg

Will it start peeling and having the same problem as the Neverfull?

cwool

Apr 21, 2013
I don't know?!? I've been using my GM for a little more than a month, and I stuff it so it is pretty heavy. I have similar marks mainly on one end, but on the inside surface. I had not noticed until I saw your post.

ImageUploadedByPurseForum1371083525.900213.jpg

For now it doesn't bother me but I guess I'll just have to wait and see if the strap marks progressively worsen?!?

jube0506

O.G.
Feb 25, 2007
It bothers me because its on the outside. It's mainly on one strap now. I've barely put anything in it. It looks bad when it's standing up. I think I will bring it in this weekend and see what they say. I baby my lv bags so I have no clue how this happened. If they all start to do that, it would look gross wearing it.

anabg

O.G.
Sep 17, 2011
New York/New Jersey
I would expect the straps on this bag to behave similarly to the DE neverfull.. The strap bends a lot with normal use because it cannot rotate freely at the base (as opposed to a bag with rings at the base of the strap).

Reactions: OCMomof3

trumanfinn

O.G.
Jul 31, 2009
Pa
I think it's probably normal. A very thin leather strap that bends will definitely wrinkle. It doesn't look like the cracks that my DE Neverfull handles had, but it does look just like the wrinkling on my regular (vachetta) neverfulls.

cwool

Apr 21, 2013
It bothers me because its on the outside. It's mainly on one strap now. I've barely put anything in it. It looks bad when it's standing up. I think I will bring it in this weekend and see what they say. I baby my lv bags so I have no clue how this happened. If they all start to do that, it would look gross wearing it.
I'm definitely curious to know what LV says if you take it in this weekend so please keep me updated. My closest LV store is 3+ hours drive from me.

jube0506

O.G.
Feb 25, 2007
Went in today and too bad my regular SA was at a meeting. But another SA told me that it's normal. So I guess that's just the way it's gonna be...

urbanmiss26

May 16, 2013
Okay, I'll keep monitoring my straps too for now. Thanks!
Hope the strap doesn't crack. Looking forward to hearing what happens as time goes by as I will be purchasing the Marylebone later this year (possibly September).

Blooomy

Dec 7, 2015
As this is my very first LV bag, I am wondering whether I am just too picky or have to high expectations on a bag that costs me approx 1k€.

But does this look neatly stitched to you or rater: do your Neverfulls look the same? Got it off the LV Boutique 3 days ago and think about changing it...

What do you LVistas think? - Thanks in advance for your help - very much appreciated!
blooomy

IMG_8405.JPG
IMG_8406.JPG
IMG_8407.JPG
IMG_8408.JPG

Last edited:

Roshelle

Nov 4, 2015
I'm just as picky as you are. I don't like this kind of 'things' either. I don't like the stitches on my Monogram Cardholder, but my SA told me that was the 'backside' of the product..

Miss Krys

Jun 14, 2014
Edmonton, Canada
As this is my very first LV bag, I am wondering whether I am just too picky or have to high expectations on a bag that costs me approx 1k€.

But does this look neatly stitched to you or rater: do your Neverfulls look the same? Got it off the LV Boutique 3 days ago and think about changing it...

What do you LVistas think? - Thanks in advance for your help - very much appreciated!
blooomy

View attachment 3473833
View attachment 3473834
View attachment 3473835
View attachment 3473836
Unfortunately the stitching does have a tendency to get a little uneven around the area where the top trim overlaps; it's thicker material and it's also an area that needs to be reinforced to prevent the trim from unravelling, hence the difference in stitches and why there is some backtracking. It is unsightly but serves a purpose. With that being said if you're not happy with this tote, and it's your right to be since it's your money, then you can always go back to the store and request an exchange for another one, just make sure to check them throughly before choosing:flowers:
I forget to mention that yes, my NF (DE GM) is the same way as are both of my Delightfuls (OM MM and NM MM in DE).

Last edited: