Scarves Scarf of The Day 2023- Which Hermès scarf are you wearing today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Woefully behind, please accept my apologies!
@Agrume what a great intro and I loved your last post with Bal de Soie - that organ must be extraordinary to hear.

I’m barely poking my head out of the Christmas Palooza that happened at my house… who knew I had so many plates, platters, wine glasses, gewgaws and doo-dads in my house?
And I still had to take the car in for service!

So today, I’m getting a break - cuz I’m at the office … which has had its own lolapalooza - but I am capable and I’m wearing a losange (extra absorbent to wipe way tears of frustration - stoopid cable company) with bright PINK polka dots.
Do polka dots fix everything?
I. Think. So.
Chasse aux Pois
IMG_4151.jpeg

Last edited:
This green cw is otherworldly, Croisette!

Gorgeous, Agrume!
Thank you!

Ooooo @orchard this is gorgeous!

@yuzulife beautiful shawl and impressive to tie it with such little tail!

Fabulous cashmeres @bunnycat and Fiona & friends (and relatives!) are lucky to have found you!

Great knot @Forever Orange and of course love the RdA

TY @LKBNOLA and that shawl is truly magical! Love the way your top pulls out the blues in this!

Soft and lovely look @Awillow

Love all the details in this @EtsyBoss and it ties like a dream

TY @Agrume for your lovely compliment and oh how I love getting lost in a scarf’s details!

Stunning blues @Karenska

And TY for the kind words @Foxy trini (so lovely to see you again!) @Living.la.vida.fifi (most impressive multi quote!) @Jereni (I think we are sisters/twins on many!)

I have 2 cashmere GTs (no giant silk GTs perhaps this needs to be rectified :thinking:) - I find them more difficult to knot vs a straight 140 but it always works out

Sweet Dreams
View attachment 5918477

ZP
View attachment 5918478
Your way of wearing sweet dreams is great for this format, Snausages! Must try this.

@Agrume what a great intro and I loved your last post with Bal de Soie - that organ must be extraordinary to hear.

I’m barely poking my head out of the Christmas Palooza that happened at my house… who knew I had so many plates, platters, wine glasses, gewgaws and doo-dads in my house?

So today, I’m getting a break - cuz I’m at the office … which has had its own lolapalooza - but I am capable and I’m wearing a losange (extra absorbent to wipe way tears of frustration - stoopid cable company) with bright PINK polka dots.
I. Think. So.
Chasse aux Pois
View attachment 5918490
Thank you, Cookie! I agree on the Polka dots, lovely scarf!

I'm introducing my new Precious Paradise in beige d'ore today. I was surprised at how nicely it looks with my Sweet Dreams GT.

View attachment 5918491View attachment 5918492View attachment 5918493View attachment 5918494View attachment 5918495

View attachment 5918496

Precious Paradise and Sweet Dreams CSGT are my scarves of the day.

View attachment 5918497
Very nice colourway of a cute design, RBH! And an unexpectedly successful pairing indeed!

love both of these (esp the ZP twinsies!)! I am curious though how the 140 is easier to tie - as someone dipping their toesies into the size - I like the GT because it seems easier to tie!
It makes no sense but somehow a GT just feels like, well, a triangle which I rarely do with any size. I could do the bias on the GT but then it feels so loooong. :shrugs: Will try to play a bit the next time I get dressed in something other than sweats 😎

And to keep things on topic I could try one of these knots

12 LeopardsIMG_7198.jpeg

Clic Clac Au Pois
IMG_7299.jpeg

I. Think. So.
Chasse aux Pois
View attachment 5918490
Those polka dots are absolutely happifying @Cookiefiend
I'm introducing my new Precious Paradise in beige d'ore today. I was surprised at how nicely it looks with my Sweet Dreams GT.

View attachment 5918491View attachment 5918492View attachment 5918493View attachment 5918494View attachment 5918495

View attachment 5918496

View attachment 5918497
Love how this goes from a Spring-y look to a warmer look @Redbirdhermes
This green cw is otherworldly, Croisette!

Thank you!

Your way of wearing sweet dreams is great for this format, Snausages! Must try this.

Thank you, Cookie! I agree on the Polka dots, lovely scarf!

Very nice colourway of a cute design, RBH! And an unexpectedly successful pairing indeed!
TYSM @Agrume

Reactions: Agrume
It is a mousseline shawl, but with embroidery (I think it is only Hermes Paris is embroidered with beading though) - thus putting it in the threshold of a-la exceptional scarves and upping the price point. As far as durability, well - mousseline fabric is usually fairly durable (especially on those vintage editions - crisp and thic, maybe not so much on the modern ones), but the beading is delicate of course, so it would depende on how one wears it.

Having said that, H is making a fortune on those - as to hand dye fabric in India and emboider the same would cost a tiny fraction of what they price it; I guess that is where the brand name value comes in:smile:

Thank you @Ashanti_Rose for your clear explanation! I think I am going to wait for a non embroidered mousseline shawl then, because the mark up for the embroidered name is not worth it imo… still a lovely piece though…

I. Think. So.
Chasse aux Pois
View attachment 5918490
You look lovely with your pink sweater an beautiful losange 😍

• Love
Reactions: Cookiefiend
It makes no sense but somehow a GT just feels like, well, a triangle which I rarely do with any size. I could do the bias on the GT but then it feels so loooong. :shrugs: Will try to play a bit the next time I get dressed in something other than sweats 😎

12 LeopardsView attachment 5918543

Clic Clac Au Pois
View attachment 5918544
Lovely 12 leopards 😍

• Thanks
Reactions: Snausages

View attachment 5918496

View attachment 5918497

Ooh this is pretty! Smashing hem and overal lovely colours! I am a bit surprised by all the white, but it is lovely on you. And your sweet dreams GT is to die for 😍

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: Redbirdhermes
Thank you LKB- what a way to enjoy a striped hem! :lol: I can see it all the time!

:hugs: I try the best I can. I did try a little (cheaper) insulated cat cave before forking out for a felted wool one. He sat on it and wouldn't get in it. :facepalm: So I just keep doing what I am doing with him. Snuggle Safe warmer and lots of fluffy blankets in his favorite cat bed. If it gets truly cold, I am able to pick him up and take him to the garage. He'll sleep there, but refuses to learn about kitty boxes, so I have to get up and let him out early like a dog when I do that. I am not able to do this with his brother, so I just do what I can and I am sure he has a hidey hole he goes to. They are actually brothers to our cat Fiona, who I pulled off the street in 2019 when she was very ill and couldn't get away from me (because her eyes and nose were matted shut from URI and she couldn't see or smell me). They all got TNR'd by the county and the lady behind me who feeds them. Then I (semi) tamed one brother about 2 years ago, and he brought the other brother this past year, and I can see they are both related to Fiona. :lol:

This is stunning yuzulife! Really a pretty combination.

Thank you fifi! It's been a really cashmere party the last two days. One more to go. :lol:

Thank you Agrume!
You deserve a medal! I don’t understand the abbreviations but will google them. How dear to see Frieda’s brothers. Your new CSGT is amazing, especially with the pink and soufre, a color I love.

Reactions: bunnycat

12 LeopardsView attachment 5918543

Clic Clac Au Pois
View attachment 5918544
Magnificent 12 Leopards @Snausages - twins with you! And I love wearing it with burgundy too.

Attachments

• 12Leopards-2.jpg
    12Leopards-2.jpg
    799.5 KB · Views: 27

View attachment 5918496

View attachment 5918497

ETA - Wore Sweet Dreams CSGT for my afternoon walk today.

View attachment 5918553
Wow, @Redbirdhermes that Precious Paradise colorway really is a marvel! I had written it off because I didn't like the caramel / brown but that seems to mostly disappear when tied. The pops of vibrant color are to die for. Thank you for showing so many of the monkeys. I *will* get one of these but having a very hard time deciding on the colorway and very seriously considering this one now. Swooning hard over here!

Status
Not open for further replies.