Scarves Scarf of The Day 2023- Which Hermès scarf are you wearing today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you, Agrume. I showed your post to DH, and he says, for Mr. Agrume's sake, he hopes you wanted that book.
:roflmfao: - we were all laughing when I unwrapped this one. Not wanted exactly, but given my recent interest in DIY, it made somewhat sense. Now he should read it, too!

Peuple du Vent 140 with special thanks to @bunnycat View attachment 5918021
Splendid, love the dark red, Awillow!

Hello Scarflandia
We went today to a family dinner at my aunt's to celebrate their 50th wedding anniversary and it was a lovely affair and a chance to meet many relatives who live abroad. I went in my Cavale Joyeuse gavroche and favourite green earrings:
View attachment 5918065
And to stay on theme - my most often used ( in winter) CSGM, which I use on an everyday basis, most often with a warm Barbour parka - Brides et Gris-Gris CSGM:
View attachment 5918066
Have a great Boxing Day /Boxing Day evening
Such a festive look, Marta! And your CSGM looks very warm indeed.

Hope everyone had a brilliant festive season with treasures coming out of scarf vaults. I spent Christmas Eve visiting Windsor Castle. Sharing a pic of me in a Royal Mews (DH looked at me suspiciously :lol:) Returning to sunny Singapore in a few days :biggrin: :sunshine:
View attachment 5918075
How nice, a trip to Windsor castle on Christmas Eve, with the perfect scarf to go with. Enjoy your trip!

Twinsies! (I think triplets with @Foxy trini ) Love it on white (and love your jewels!) - its corners are all wonderful
View attachment 5918092View attachment 5918093View attachment 5918094

Beautiful @Awillow and you make it look so effortless - must try this knot

Both are beautiful @Marta_K and that gav is fantastic

How wonderful to see your face @xincinsin and excellent scarf on site!

And TY for the lovely compliments @Agrume and @Croisette7
You are right, those corners are excellent, Snausages!

Wishing everyone who celebrates the happiest of holidays.

On theme with a warm and cosy SOTD - Lettres d'Erevan.

View attachment 5918103
And in very Christmas colours, Orchard. This is such a beautiful design.

Hello Scarflandia!

This week the weather cooperated (????) to line up for the theme here in TX. A rather amazing feat, but the cold always leaves me worn out with caring for the 2 porch kitties who spend at least a portion of their day and night with us, warming their Snuggle safe warmers around the clock, and TRYING to convince them to go in the new insulated super tall, quilted cat bed that is big enough to fit a pair of brother kitties .... :doh: Plus the extended kitty box duties from the indoor cats who don't want to go out at all in the cold....It's all cat duties all day long when the weather is cold. CSGM wearing a plus! More cat duties...not so much. :lol:

So today I bundled up in one of my favorites- Panoplie Equestre CSGM - the colors!!!! :love:

View attachment 5918137

I did de-bundle briefly to try on my new Arcs en Ciel CSGT. :loveeyes:

View attachment 5918139
Keep warm, Bunnycat, you look lovely!

Beautiful colors-- love the shades of green together and the way your sweater and cuff pick them up @Croisette7.

Thank you @bunnycat!

What a lovely pairing @Solday.

Congratulations on your beautiful new Jaguar @Agrume-- it looks spectacular on your blouse but will look amazing no matter what-- this is the perfect cw for you-- truly suits you well. (and thank you for the PeF compliment!)

Thank you @Snausages-- I love your beautiful CdCs!!!

Congratulations @Redbirdhermes-- a lovely gift and perfect with your pearls...

I see your DH is not without a sense of humor @Agrume!

Thank you @yuzulife!

Lovely @Awillow-- you always make moussies look so effortless and chic...

Great scarf and earring pairing @Marta_K -- and your BetGG looks like it goes with everything...

Looks like a great trip @xincinsin!

This looks fabulous on you @Snausages -- congratulations on your new Mystere!! Love the blue window and the black cat!

Thank you @Jereni!

This is such a beautiful color of this lovely shawl @orchard!

Congratulations @bunnycat on your beautiful new GT-- it suits you perfectly! Not that I don't love the Panoplie but that striped hem is hard to beat!
Thank you, LKBNOLA!

Can't believe the end of the year is just several days away. The wonderful CS and silks being worn and shared in this last week are ushering the way with brilliant fanfare though.

This CdL in Marine/Vieux Rose was my un-planned additional CSGM as I thought I only had eyes for the Noir/Blanc cw. Oh, how things change once you try something on in person, dear Scarflandia, as I am sure you have all experienced. Today instead of outer space, we go explore the mysteries of the sea with folds and patterns reminiscent of a beautiful coral reef.

View attachment 5918242
Wonderful, and spot on theme, Yuzulife!

Thank you for hosting our last week! The Madison Party is so fun and you wear it so well!

So clever to show the trompe l’oeil Feux! It is such a beauty! And I had no idea that the hems were different colors! That is so special! Love how you styled the triangle… it is magnificent

Such a treasure!

Your collection of men’s silks is astounding and you style them to perfection

So festive and I adore the pin!

Stunning!

The perfect and most festive Christmas shawl!

What a start to a CSGM collection! It is masterful

Such a spectacular design in a striking CW

Oooh love the neutral CW!

Have a wondered time! You look so cozy and warm

Awesome gift!

Aaah! My favorite Samourais shawl CW!

Fun and fabulous!

Glorious pop of color!

Oh my heavens! You wear these pareos so beautifully… not to mention the moussies! All positively gorgeous!

Beautiful tree and amazing knots!

So creative styling your silk like this

Love this wonderful design

You look awesome and so content

Both are spectacular

Awww Finney! Too adorable! And that marble is swoon worthy!

It is fantastic!

It is amazing! You will wear this one a lot!

Wonderful classic look!

Stunning!

Love both looks… This edition of Parade en Fanfare is spectacular

Stunning!

Gorgeous!

Spectacular! You look amazing!

Ha! Such a great design!

Fabulous! Love all the fabulous images!

Sublime!

So beautiful… both!

What a wonderful holiday getaway!

Such a fun and wonderful scarf!

Amazing!!

Both are spectacular on you! Congrats on that gorgeous triangle… That hem!
Thank you, Fifi!

Beautiful colors-- love the shades of green together and the way your sweater and cuff pick them up @Croisette7.

Thank you @bunnycat!

Congratulations on your beautiful new Jaguar @Agrume-- it looks spectacular on your blouse but will look amazing no matter what-- this is the perfect cw for you-- truly suits you well. (and thank you for the PeF compliment!)

Thank you @yuzulife!

Great scarf and earring pairing @Marta_K -- and your BetGG looks like it goes with everything...

This looks fabulous on you @Snausages -- congratulations on your new Mystere!! Love the blue window and the black cat!

Thank you @Jereni!

Congratulations @bunnycat on your beautiful new GT-- it suits you perfectly! Not that I don't love the Panoplie but that striped hem is hard to beat!

Thank you LKB- what a way to enjoy a striped hem! :lol: I can see it all the time!

You are a saint. Have you seen the felted wool cat beds?

:hugs: I try the best I can. I did try a little (cheaper) insulated cat cave before forking out for a felted wool one. He sat on it and wouldn't get in it. :facepalm: So I just keep doing what I am doing with him. Snuggle Safe warmer and lots of fluffy blankets in his favorite cat bed. If it gets truly cold, I am able to pick him up and take him to the garage. He'll sleep there, but refuses to learn about kitty boxes, so I have to get up and let him out early like a dog when I do that. I am not able to do this with his brother, so I just do what I can and I am sure he has a hidey hole he goes to. They are actually brothers to our cat Fiona, who I pulled off the street in 2019 when she was very ill and couldn't get away from me (because her eyes and nose were matted shut from URI and she couldn't see or smell me). They all got TNR'd by the county and the lady behind me who feeds them. Then I (semi) tamed one brother about 2 years ago, and he brought the other brother this past year, and I can see they are both related to Fiona. :lol:

Can't believe the end of the year is just several days away. The wonderful CS and silks being worn and shared in this last week are ushering the way with brilliant fanfare though.

This CdL in Marine/Vieux Rose was my un-planned additional CSGM as I thought I only had eyes for the Noir/Blanc cw. Oh, how things change once you try something on in person, dear Scarflandia, as I am sure you have all experienced. Today instead of outer space, we go explore the mysteries of the sea with folds and patterns reminiscent of a beautiful coral reef.

View attachment 5918242

This is stunning yuzulife! Really a pretty combination.

Thank you for hosting our last week! The Madison Party is so fun and you wear it so well!

So clever to show the trompe l’oeil Feux! It is such a beauty! And I had no idea that the hems were different colors! That is so special! Love how you styled the triangle… it is magnificent

Such a treasure!

Stunning!

Awesome gift!

Fun and fabulous!

Glorious pop of color!

Oh my heavens! You wear these pareos so beautifully… not to mention the moussies! All positively gorgeous!

Both are spectacular

It is fantastic!

Wonderful classic look!

Stunning!

Stunning!

Gorgeous!

Ha! Such a great design!

Sublime!

So beautiful… both!

Amazing!!

Thank you fifi! It's been a really cashmere party the last two days. One more to go. :lol:

:roflmfao: - we were all laughing when I unwrapped this one. Not wanted exactly, but given my recent interest in DIY, it made somewhat sense. Now he should read it, too!

Splendid, love the dark red, Awillow!

Such a festive look, Marta! And your CSGM looks very warm indeed.

How nice, a trip to Windsor castle on Christmas Eve, with the perfect scarf to go with. Enjoy your trip!

You are right, those corners are excellent, Snausages!

And in very Christmas colours, Orchard. This is such a beautiful design.

Keep warm, Bunnycat, you look lovely!

Thank you, LKBNOLA!

Wonderful, and spot on theme, Yuzulife!

Thank you, Fifi!

Thank you Agrume!

Last week was an amazing display of silk and jewels! Special thanks to @Living.la.vida.fifi @Redbirdhermes @LKBNOLA for some gorgeous combos!

A couple of you asked me about the new knot I have been embracing.

You have to fold the scarf in triangles twice, then add a scarf ring to one end and tie the ends behind your neck (I like to use a small scarf "ring" for that.)

Photos below for a visual step by step... a bit dark and fuzzy but I hope you can see the steps!

Happy holidays to all!

20231221_162037.jpg

Fold once
20231221_162115.jpg

Fold twice
20231221_162133.jpg

Add the ring to one side
20231221_162150.jpg
20231221_162155.jpg

Tie the ends behind your neck
20231221_162209.jpg
20231221_162341.jpg

Thank you @bunnycat!

Thank you @yuzulife!

Thank you @Jereni!

Thank you so much, LKB!

Such a treasure!

Stunning!

Awesome gift!

Fun and fabulous!

Glorious pop of color!

Both are spectacular

It is fantastic!

Wonderful classic look!

Stunning!

Stunning!

Gorgeous!

Ha! Such a great design!

Sublime!

So beautiful… both!

Amazing!!

Thank you, fifi!
Last week was an amazing display of silk and jewels! Special thanks to @Living.la.vida.fifi @Redbirdhermes @LKBNOLA for some gorgeous combos!

You have to fold the scarf in triangles twice, then add a scarf ring to one end and tie the ends behind your neck (I like to use a small scarf "ring" for that.)

Photos below for a visual step by step... a bit dark and fuzzy but I hope you can see the steps!

Happy holidays to all!

View attachment 5918330

Fold once
View attachment 5918331

Fold twice
View attachment 5918332

Add the ring to one side
View attachment 5918328
View attachment 5918329

View attachment 5918333
View attachment 5918334
That's clever, Forever Orange!

View attachment 5918242
My daughter just selected this one-- so I know just how beautiful it is!-- looking lovely @yuzulife.

Fun and fabulous!
Thank you so much @Living.la.vida.fifi!

Happy holidays to all!

View attachment 5918330

Fold once
View attachment 5918331

Fold twice
View attachment 5918332

Add the ring to one side
View attachment 5918328
View attachment 5918329

View attachment 5918333
View attachment 5918334
Thank you for this @Forever Orange! Very clear step by step instructions!

Happy holidays to all!

View attachment 5918330

Fold once
View attachment 5918331

Fold twice
View attachment 5918332

Add the ring to one side
View attachment 5918328
View attachment 5918329

View attachment 5918333
View attachment 5918334

Thank you for the step by step. You are tying the ends behind your neck but another scarf ring is involved? Could you show what you are doing there? Sorry if that’s a dumb question.

SOTD was my most recent acquisition, Le Jaguar te le Colibri. First I considered the Acajou/blue CW SilkCouture showed, and then the one with the navy background. In a very rare (because of opening times and queues) visit to the boutique, I was shown this cw and fell for it. Worn to an exhibition on La grande bleue, showing paintings of the Mediterranean. I tried to put it above my coat instead of below, thanks to the input of this blog! :flowers:

Paired with the jaguars on my blouse (though no colibris - only parrots).

View attachment 5917899View attachment 5917900View attachment 5917901View attachment 5917902
Beautiful! This is the one I would love to get my hand on! Thank you for sharing these modshots!

Thank you for the step by step. You are tying the ends behind your neck but another scarf ring is involved? Could you show what you are doing there? Sorry if that’s a dumb question.
Yes! This is the one I used for my JL Love just before Christmas - thank you @Forever Orange for sharing it with us, and now I can properly credit you :tup:

@Jereni : the second scarf ring is an alternative to tying a knot when the ends are short. If you have enough to knot the corners, you won’t need it. If you like the tie a little looser, or the ‘bib’ part a little longer, you can use a small chain d’ancre to secure the ends behind your neck without knotting them. It holds pretty well.

Status
Not open for further replies.