Scarves Scarf of The Day 2023- Which Hermès scarf are you wearing today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love your Per Borup armring @LeneCPH; it is so beautiful with your H marble twilly (and Tahitian pearl). What a wonderfully flexible design -- how do you change out the stones?
Thank you @MsMarzipan! To change the stones/pearls, you just pull it out and pop another one in. The setting is fairly tight, so they don't fall out, but it's easy enough to change them out, so they match whatevery outfit you're wearing.

Reactions: MsMarzipan
Does anybody know what kind of scarf this is and why it is so expensive? Is this a ‘moussie’ some of you refer to?

I find it stunning but unsure about price tag and durability?

In US also available in stunning yellow

View attachment 5918382
It is a mousseline shawl, but with embroidery (I think it is only Hermes Paris is embroidered with beading though) - thus putting it in the threshold of a-la exceptional scarves and upping the price point. As far as durability, well - mousseline fabric is usually fairly durable (especially on those vintage editions - crisp and thic, maybe not so much on the modern ones), but the beading is delicate of course, so it would depende on how one wears it.

Having said that, H is making a fortune on those - as to hand dye fabric in India and emboider the same would cost a tiny fraction of what they price it; I guess that is where the brand name value comes in:smile:

Last week was an amazing display of silk and jewels! Special thanks to @Living.la.vida.fifi @Redbirdhermes @LKBNOLA for some gorgeous combos!

A couple of you asked me about the new knot I have been embracing.

You have to fold the scarf in triangles twice, then add a scarf ring to one end and tie the ends behind your neck (I like to use a small scarf "ring" for that.)

Photos below for a visual step by step... a bit dark and fuzzy but I hope you can see the steps!

Happy holidays to all!

View attachment 5918330

Fold once
View attachment 5918331

Fold twice
View attachment 5918332

Add the ring to one side
View attachment 5918328
View attachment 5918329

Tie the ends behind your neck
View attachment 5918333
View attachment 5918334
Thank you, ForeverOrange, we are all grateful for more options to wear our scarves! 🧣

I am also sporting a new Jaguar this morning for a day trip up to Boston for a museum morning and lunch with friends.
View attachment 5918364
Love the pink hem, LKBNOLA!

Off to work in Brise de Charme 140View attachment 5918375
Gorgeous green, Awillow!

One of my favorite CSGM, L'Epopee with its very pretty light blue background sprinkled with vibrant emerald green and soft rosy pink accents and so many lovely little details tracing the history of H.

View attachment 5918424View attachment 5918425View attachment 5918426View attachment 5918427
Lovely, EtsyBoss, and thank you for sharing those details!

Today a full day at work, but at home not too late. SOTD is one of the 2 giant triangles I own, not my most favourite format - I prefer a “full” CSGM. But the design, Bal de soie, is adorable. One of the masks pictures an organ - we listened to a fabulous organist (playing this organ) at the Christmas midnight mass.

View attachment 5918434View attachment 5918435View attachment 5918436
Lots of catching up to do, Agrume, you are surely hosting a fabulous week! Thank you.
Out to lunch with my beloved aunt, here is Washington’s Carriage CS losange. Later I will share some mod shots from the holiday!
IMG_0913.jpeg

Lots of catching up to do, Agrume, you are surely hosting a fabulous week! Thank you.
Out to lunch with my beloved aunt, here is Washington’s Carriage CS losange. Later I will share some mod shots from the holiday!
View attachment 5918458
Beautiful blues, Karenska! And what a cute little brooch!

@bunnycat and other cat lovers, an interesting article today 🐈

• Thanks
Reactions: Agrume
Wishing everyone who celebrates the happiest of holidays.

On theme with a warm and cosy SOTD - Lettres d'Erevan.

View attachment 5918103
Ooooo @orchard this is gorgeous!
Can't believe the end of the year is just several days away. The wonderful CS and silks being worn and shared in this last week are ushering the way with brilliant fanfare though.

This CdL in Marine/Vieux Rose was my un-planned additional CSGM as I thought I only had eyes for the Noir/Blanc cw. Oh, how things change once you try something on in person, dear Scarflandia, as I am sure you have all experienced. Today instead of outer space, we go explore the mysteries of the sea with folds and patterns reminiscent of a beautiful coral reef.

View attachment 5918242
@yuzulife beautiful shawl and impressive to tie it with such little tail!

Hello Scarflandia!

This week the weather cooperated (????) to line up for the theme here in TX. A rather amazing feat, but the cold always leaves me worn out with caring for the 2 porch kitties who spend at least a portion of their day and night with us, warming their Snuggle safe warmers around the clock, and TRYING to convince them to go in the new insulated super tall, quilted cat bed that is big enough to fit a pair of brother kitties .... :doh: Plus the extended kitty box duties from the indoor cats who don't want to go out at all in the cold....It's all cat duties all day long when the weather is cold. CSGM wearing a plus! More cat duties...not so much. :lol:

So today I bundled up in one of my favorites- Panoplie Equestre CSGM - the colors!!!! :love:

View attachment 5918137

I did de-bundle briefly to try on my new Arcs en Ciel CSGT. :loveeyes:

View attachment 5918139
Fabulous cashmeres @bunnycat and Fiona & friends (and relatives!) are lucky to have found you!
Last week was an amazing display of silk and jewels! Special thanks to @Living.la.vida.fifi @Redbirdhermes @LKBNOLA for some gorgeous combos!

A couple of you asked me about the new knot I have been embracing.

You have to fold the scarf in triangles twice, then add a scarf ring to one end and tie the ends behind your neck (I like to use a small scarf "ring" for that.)

Photos below for a visual step by step... a bit dark and fuzzy but I hope you can see the steps!

Happy holidays to all!

View attachment 5918330

Fold once
View attachment 5918331

Fold twice
View attachment 5918332

Add the ring to one side
View attachment 5918328
View attachment 5918329

Tie the ends behind your neck
View attachment 5918333
View attachment 5918334
Great knot @Forever Orange and of course love the RdA

I am also sporting a new Jaguar this morning for a day trip up to Boston for a museum morning and lunch with friends.
View attachment 5918364
TY @LKBNOLA and that shawl is truly magical! Love the way your top pulls out the blues in this!
Off to work in Brise de Charme 140View attachment 5918375
Soft and lovely look @Awillow
One of my favorite CSGM, L'Epopee with its very pretty light blue background sprinkled with vibrant emerald green and soft rosy pink accents and so many lovely little details tracing the history of H.

View attachment 5918424View attachment 5918425View attachment 5918426View attachment 5918427
Love all the details in this @EtsyBoss and it ties like a dream

Today a full day at work, but at home not too late. SOTD is one of the 2 giant triangles I own, not my most favourite format - I prefer a “full” CSGM. But the design, Bal de soie, is adorable. One of the masks pictures an organ - we listened to a fabulous organist (playing this organ) at the Christmas midnight mass.

View attachment 5918434View attachment 5918435View attachment 5918436
TY @Agrume for your lovely compliment and oh how I love getting lost in a scarf’s details!
View attachment 5918458
Stunning blues @Karenska

And TY for the kind words @Foxy trini (so lovely to see you again!) @Living.la.vida.fifi (most impressive multi quote!) @Jereni (I think we are sisters/twins on many!)

I have 2 cashmere GTs (no giant silk GTs perhaps this needs to be rectified :thinking:) - I find them more difficult to knot vs a straight 140 but it always works out

Sweet Dreams
View attachment 5918477

ZP
View attachment 5918478
I love both of these (esp the ZP twinsies!)! I am curious though how the 140 is easier to tie - as someone dipping their toesies into the size - I like the GT because it seems easier to tie!

Status
Not open for further replies.