Scarves Scarf of The Day 2023- Which Hermès scarf are you wearing today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wish everyone a happy new year. This years oscarf has been amazing!!! Some of the grails:faint:so jealous! And some duplicates!!:faint:how fortunate!:flowers:May the next year be as fruitful for you all!:flowers:

I do not have a specific oscarf category for my scarves other than: White, the colour I said I would never buy again.:rolleyes:And here is my 2023 line up. There may have been a few I forgot;) but hey no one is counting…right?:lol:
IMG_5255.jpeg

Très, très chic, LKB!
Beautiful soft colors and so nicely echoed in the bangle @Croisette7! And thank you...
For the last day of Oscarf week, like others have done, I want to give out Oscarfs to lovely members of Scarflandia who have helped and inspired me in my journey last year!!!

First Inspiration Oscarf goes to the amazing @LKBNOLA, which is probably a surprise to no one. Where would we be without her???? My own Ye Most Magical Scarf Cabinet would have fewer residents that’s for sure. LKB inspired me this year on Animapolis, Costume de Fete, Hermes Factory (all of which are in my favorites list), my Lanternes 90, my Parade en Fanfare gavroche, and many many others. And she has been so kind to chat with me many times on the side and give advice. Thank you LKB!!!
View attachment 5925142

Second Oscarf for Inspiration goes to @Nomad. Nomad’s photo of Cosmographia instantly clued me as to the fact that it would be the right cw for me, whereas previously I had not considered it, and her amazing pink/orange Animapolis left me with heart eyes. Also a great source of advice on the side and willingness to help making hard choices. Nomad you are the best!
View attachment 5925143

Third Oscarf goes to @Marta_K who in a single post ensured that I went out and pulled the trigger on both En Liberte and L’Epopee. Her stylings and mod shots in general are also always so masterfully done. Amazing stuff Marta!
View attachment 5925144

Fourth inspirational Oscarf is for @EtsyBoss who helped complete my life earlier this year by pointing out the Canada Lynx on Alice Shirley’s Into the Canadian Wild. And her beautiful shot of the red Dans in Jardin Anglais also convinced me to pull the trigger on that and man is it ever gorgeous. Thank you EtsyBoss!
View attachment 5925145

I also want to thank @redheaddem @Living.la.vida.fifi @SilkCouture @GloWW0rM @Cookiefiend @Lellabelle @Ashanti_Rose @Cordeliere who have all shared amazing inspirational mod shots, provided me advice at various points, or occasionally given me a heads up on a scarf of interest - thank you!!!! You are all rockstars!
Thank you so much for your lovely comment and for my Oscarf @Jereni! Happy to inspire and help in any way as I have loved watching you take off on your silk journey-- your beautiful mod shots of any scarf we twin on reminds me why I like it so much!
I second the nominations for both @Croisette7 and @LKBNOLA - both of you, ladies! Your are an encyclopedia of Scarflandia and influence many scarfing souls with your magic wands - Croissete with her vast collection and LKB with her superb origami knotting skills (I think LKB can make a paper towel look splendid,...:smile:
Now there's a challenge @Ashanti_Rose -- not sure I can do my knots with a paper towel, alhough @Cookiefiend did tie a paper bag into her signature knot and made it look great so...
What a year it has been! I am glad I was able to join you all on your silky adventures and am so appreciative of everyone's posts, ideas, comments and enablements.

Without further ado, my Oscarfs 2023:

Boldest Colors
Joining the Tulipomanie love, this was my boldest choice this past year

View attachment 5925198

Most Delicate
For good measure, balancing it out with an ethereal version
View attachment 5925204

Most Surprising Contrast Hem
I still don't know how I didn't catch in any of the mod shots that this has a caramel contrast hem. I own absolutely nothing in caramel, yet the design is beautiful, so here we are.

View attachment 5925187

Most Attempts
I was excited to find this on a resale site listed as "never worn". Unfortunately, I learned that you apparently CAN never wear a scarf and still get some big stains and pulls on it. I was able to return it, so back it went.

Later in the year, I found another, in much better condition. Many thanks to @Redbirdhermes for the very kind help and advice with this purchase.

View attachment 5925186

Most similar CWs
It came up on one of the seasonal threads recently that Hermes sometimes recycles color combinations. Here is an example of almost the same colors a few scarf-generations apart.

View attachment 5925207

Favorite backfill
I dithered too long when this first came out and am glad I found this CW after-sale this past year. One of my favorite finds of 2023.
View attachment 5925191

Thank you all for a great year, for sharing your marvelous and hilarious Oscarfs, and may you all have many delightful scarf adventures in 2024.
A beautiful post and beautiful acquisitions for 2023 @BlueLilac! Your Pivoines is stunning and your JL moussie with the caramel hem is like a beautiful cloud.... :girlsigh:
Many thanks to @Living.la.vida.fifi, our scarf hostess for the week. My final Oscarf for 2023 goes to a long wished for scarf that entered the collection at the very end of 2023, and is therefore making its debut appearance today.

Some designs receive special notice from Hermès and are widely promoted in their advertising. Such is the case with today's scarf which, among other things, graced the cover of the Le Carre booklet for the Hermès Fall Winter 2015 collection.

View attachment 5925229

I had picked up a Sieste au Paradis in the silk 140 format during 2022, and found it to be stunningly beautiful. It had taken me a while, but when I put it on, then I truly fell for this design.

View attachment 5925232

But, I wear the 90 so much more often. So I was delighted to find a 90 in CW14, bleu/vert/corail, the "Cover Scarf" of F/W 2015. This colorway was so familiar to me, and I think it is quite special.

View attachment 5925231

My final Oscarf of 2023 goes to Sieste au Paradis, my scarf of the day, and the well-deserved Oscarf "Cover Scarf" winner.

View attachment 5925230
Congratulations @Redbirdhermes -- I also have a 140 and precisely this 90. It is a gorgeous "cover scarf"! Great end to your Oscarfs...
SOTD, newish purchase this year. Fleurs et Papillons de Tissus.
View attachment 5925257
Lovely @Karenska!
@LKBNOLA you wear so many colors and styles with equal aplomb and your knots are perfection! Those Jaguars :woot:The Fantaisie Etriers you and @Living.la.vida.fifi and @mktlim and @Maedi model has me on the lookout. And if you ever tire of your Rayures…
Thank you @Snausages-- sometimes I do feel like a scarf weathervane-- turning whichever way the silk blows...
Happy weekend dear scarfies! Thank you @Living.la.vida.fifi for hosting a spectacular week and thank you everyone for sharing all your wonderful photos + silks + stories - it takes a lot to share some of the more personal ones with the community. :flowers:

Keeping warm today with the "scarf I didn't expect to love" - Chevaux Dechaines.

View attachment 5925319
Hoping everyone in the US east coast stays safe and warm this weekend! I think we're getting snow up here in my side of Canada as well.
We have a lot of snow in New Jersey already @mktlim! I think it is on the way to you so good that you are cozy in cashmere and congratulations on it too!
I love your Tulipomanie and Bal de Soie! sisters on both :loveeyes: As always, so beautifully styled @LKBNOLA, you are truly an inspiration for us all!

Congratulations, those Jaguars are STUNNING! the details and colors are TDF.

Ooh yes, how I regret not having kept the pink one!
Thank you @redheaddem-- and never give up if you really want something-- they always come back around. Meantime you have two unicorns to work with!
Stunning scarves, totally deserving of Oscarfs!
Thank you @Cookiefiend.

This thread has been on fire! ❤️‍🔥 I'm terribly behind so I'm going to post my remaining Oscarfs and then try and get caught up on comments later. But first let me say thank you to @Living.la.vida.fifi for another amazing week, and another thank you to everyone who came up with such fun and clever Oscarf categories and stunning mod shots!

I believe that we've already seen everything I'm posting here for my Oscarfs, but these are my most favorite additions to my collection in 2023. I'm so happy to be twins and sisters with so many of you. :hugs:

First up, my Oscarf for best 70 cm, a format that I have come to love and will definitely be buying more of. My runner up is Bouclerie Moderne Plumetis. Her jacquard is gorgeous and I just love how bright and happy she is.
View attachment 5925454

However, my heart and the 70cm Oscarf goes to Comfort en Automobile. She's a wonder! I love her polka dots, her plaid, the zip of green, and the yellow hem. :winkiss:
View attachment 5925456

Next up, my Oscarf for my best 90 cm. This was tough! My Oscarf goes to Sous le Charme d'Orphee. She is stunning and I love her versatility. She's easy to wear and goes with everything in my wardrobe.
View attachment 5925470 View attachment 5925473

Honorable mention goes to Lanternes, Ballons et Cocardes. She's a stunner and I get so many compliments whenever I wear her. I fall more in love with her deceptively simple design, her bright colors, and stunning border each time I put her on.
View attachment 5925471

Up next is my favorite CSGM. I have to go with Clair de Lune. Each time I wear her I think of DH driving 2 1/2 hours to our boutique on his own to select and buy this stunner for me. How can it not be my CSGM Oscarf winner? :heart:
View attachment 5925472
I have one last Oscarf post to share, and this one makes me giggle. @LKBNOLA will immediately recognize why! These are all new additions to my collection this year and I adore them, but my final Oscarf goes to the moussie (hello to my twins out there!): Jungle Love :lol:

Edited to add that JL Forever is my SOTD (I removed the tag after the pic :facepalm:):
View attachment 5925489
Just a fabulous line-up @MabelJo! Though I am not withoug bias as wea are twins on the 70, the DF and the CSGM and sisters on the others! Also had to giggle at your JL post-- great minds thnk alike! Wonderful Oscarfs 2023!
I hate taking selfies, but decided I should suck it up and do it to show my 3 favorite purchases of 2023. The Over Performers. They were purchased with low expectations and have rewarded me with delight.

Brides de Gala en Finesse

View attachment 5925486View attachment 5925487

To me, the basic Brides de Gala pattern always looked like two aqualung scuba divers. Not attractive IMHO. The Finesse swirls made me oblivious to the aqualung men. This scarf is so easy to wear. No matter how it is ties, the swirls show and are soothing. The design goes to the edge (big plus in my book). This scarf is like wearing pajamas.

Chacun Fait Son Nid

View attachment 5925488View attachment 5925490

This scarf is a riot of color, and all the corners are different. The name translates to Everyone Makes Their Nest. The pattern is a bird’s nest with eggs in it. The nest concept resonates with me, because who doesn’t want to decorate their home in a way that makes them feel happy and cozy. Chacun Fait Son Nid is just a fun scarf. It is sort of like having a Cinco de Mayo party around your neck with a nice hidden meaning.

Baobab Cat

View attachment 5925491View attachment 5925492

(see that tag? that is one of the many reasons I hate selfies. sigh. And why does Hermes ALWAYS put the tag on the corner I want to put in front??? )

When this scarf was issued in 2018, I thought it was absolutely the most stupid design ever: a leopard in a flower. When is a flower big enough for a leopard to stick its head through? Do leopards hang out in flowers??? In email exchanges with my scarf friends, I would snicker and bash this scarf. They would always say “well it ties well.” The leopard bothered me as I prefer abstract designs rather than designs that are representational. This design was a no go.

After about 2-3 years I could see that Baobab Cat DOES TIE REALLY WELL. Then I went through a couple of years of ambivalence about the spines on the flower leaves. Looking at them made me cringe. I mentally wrote this design off, but I couldn’t forget it. An unworn one with colorway tags still attached was available at Real Real for 50% off. I bought it so I could get it out of my head, being ok with the possibility it would get rehomed.

Much to my surprise, I am delighted with it. When tied, it goes from representational to abstract. The blue black flower is gorgeous, but is not obviously a flower. The leopard disappears into the center and just becomes a splash of leopard pattern and not a real leopard. Spines. What spines? The design strikes me as edgy and sexy. It ties well…..

Over a 5 year period, Baobab Cat went from being hated and derided, to my favorite scarf purchase of 2023. It reminds me of the lyrics of a 1913 Al Jolson song “You made me love you but I didn’t want to do it”. This design just wore me down until I purchased it and loved it. Baobab Cat is the winner of the category of Over Performers.
Oh my goodness- this was so great to read-- loved your analyses and incidentally, my Baobab Cat trajectory was almost identical! AND your selfies are marvelous-- you look lovely and relaxed (unlike yours truly who basically has a nervous breakdown if I am not in the same spot at the same time with the same light!). Laughed with genuine belly laughs at your category too. So wonderful they surprised you @Cordeliere!
Happy Saturday, everyone!
The rest of my acquisitions this year are these two Giant Triangles and four Mousselines… I love them all so much that I can’t think of an Oscarf category for these beauties…

Quadrige Giant Triangle
View attachment 5925475

L’Art du Sarasa Giant Triangle
View attachment 5925476

Carre Kantha mousseline
View attachment 5925479

La Naissance d’un Ideé mousseline
View attachment 5925477

Beverly Hills mousseline
View attachment 5925478

And, my last silk purchase of 2023:
Ceintures et Liens mousseline
View attachment 5925480

Yesterday I was not able to post here as I was hosting a Scottish High Tea at home to celebrate the Twelfth Day of Christmas and the Feast of the Epiphany… I did not wear a scarf for the occasion
View attachment 5925481
View attachment 5925482View attachment 5925483
View attachment 5925484

I saved my Oscarf for this last day of the last theme of our SOTD calendar, and it goes to each and everyone in this wonderful community. Firstly, my gratitude and admiration to all of the fantastic Scarf Mistresses that work with such dedication and creativity to guide us through each week of the year. Also, kudos to our Guest Scarf Mistresses who bring all of their knowledge and talents to this forum. And, last but not least, to all of the dear Scarfies here who fill this space with your enthusiasm, positive energy and beautiful silks. You all make this space the kindest, brightest and most enjoyable to visit every day…
Wishing all a fantastic 2024 on SOTD, and may all our Grails come true!
There is nothing not to love about this Grand Finale @Living.la.vida.fifi -- your amazing styling extends to tablescapes and home decor -- also award worthy! Your new moussies are beautiful and your Quadrige GT is amazing!
Hello Scarflandia
I was out running errands all day, and then visiting family. I am delighted to see how many additional pages were added since yesterday. It will make delicious breakfast reading tomorrow morning, I'm sure. Especially since I suspect I was not the only one to leave the best for last :smile:
For now, at the eleventh hour (literally), here is my quick and last of this week's contributions.
I am still on the hunt for my oldest and holiest of all grails, that is Under the waves by Alice Shirley 90 carre in CW 12 (vert, corail, aqua). However, this year I managed to get this amazing design in another CW. And so, my 2023 Oscarf for Second Best CW of Grail design goes to: Under the waves in CW 15. Hermès named the colours aqua /rose pale / turquoise. Well, I tend to think of them as "strawberry and vanilla ice cream". They usually look subdued and pale on www sites. IRL they are subtle summery delight :smile:
View attachment 5925508
View attachment 5925509
View attachment 5925510
View attachment 5925511
View attachment 5925518
And now, the New Year's resolution is to actually start wearing my treasures ;)
"See" you tomorrow, everyone :wave:
That is my resoluton too @Marta_K for a whole bunch. I will be shopping my closet in 2024 along with you! I have a small quibble with the wording of your Oscarf-- there is nothing "second best" about this beauty!
Beautiful final choices for awards week! I know you were so excited for that double face Brandnbourgs and you look love in it! Those Colibri shawls are amazing pieces with all their intricacy.
Thank you very much @Jereni-- I was super excited for both these designs and they completely lived up to my internal hype!
I wish everyone a happy new year. This years oscarf has been amazing!!! Some of the grails:faint:so jealous! And some duplicates!!:faint:how fortunate!:flowers:May the next year be as fruitful for you all!:flowers:

I do not have a specific oscarf category for my scarves other than: White, the colour I said I would never buy again.:rolleyes:And here is my 2023 line up. There may have been a few I forgot;) but hey no one is counting…right?:lol:
View attachment 5925575
Oh my goodness @Julide!!! Wowza! The Tulipomanie exceptional! The broderie! The marble! The Jardin, the Bromeliads -- everything is amazing here. I immediately bookmarked this post. Stunning all. Oscarf for Unique Special Effects? Oscarf for Outstanding Silken Beauty? :faint:

Love the "Christmas" crackers (at least I think that's what these are?). Could you please tell me where you got them? PM me if you don't want to derail this thread. Thanks.

I don’t know which to admire first, Fifi! Adore your Quadrige - oh.my.word! :faint: And all other scarf shots are fab, too, especially Ceintures. Your table is so gorgeous, so festive. Beautiful Nativity, too. Enjoy your Tea and Epiphany celebration. Blessings to you and everyone here. 🩷💜🩵❤️💛🤎💙💚

Ohmigosh. What a wonderful post and you ARE BEAUTIFUL!!

Thoughts - BdG - I so agree, yet I have several… Apparently I can’t help myself. :giggle: I have a BdeG ed Finesses moussie and I have to agree - the ‘finesse’ is awwwwwesome, so beautiful. This is gorgeous on you.
I wish, would like to have a CFSN - I am alllll about nesting. :heart:
Baobab Cat - I also did not get the design… and wasn’t going to. But— one our my son’s bought the gav for me … and - doggone it… it’s darling. It’s the perfect pop of color!
Thank you so much for this lovely post!

well - I have no words.
I bow to you most amazing Scarf Mistress. :dothewave:

Lovely!
see you tomorrow! :heart:

Beautiful final choices for awards week! I know you were so excited for that double face Brandnbourgs and you look love in it! Those Colibri shawls are amazing pieces with all their intricacy.

Great choices for your Oscarfs! I’ve considered that Jungle Love moussie myself - agreed that the border is a wonderful contrast. It looks heavenly on you. And your backfill is a stunner.

Congrats! This ties beautifully.

Every time I think I will successfully stay away from red white and blue scarves, someone posts Quand Soudain and I am like DANG IT. Gah. You look gorgeous.

Wonderful Oscarfs! Sisters on Orphee, and I love that Lanternes with its jewel tone colors.

I have no idea why you hate selfies, you are beautiful!!! That BdG absolutely GLOWS. Wow. What a special piece.

Gorgeous, all of them!

Wow what a treasure!!! This is my favorite colorway of this one. Congrats on the find!

Just a fabulous line-up @MabelJo! Though I am not withoug bias as wea are twins on the 70, the DF and the CSGM and sisters on the others! Also had to giggle at your JL post-- great minds thnk alike! Wonderful Oscarfs 2023!

Oh my goodness- this was so great to read-- loved your analyses and incidentally, my Baobab Cat trajectory was almost identical! AND your selfies are marvelous-- you look lovely and relaxed (unlike yours truly who basically has a nervous breakdown if I am not in the same spot at the same time with the same light!). Laughed with genuine belly laughs at your category too. So wonderful they surprised you @Cordeliere!

There is nothing not to love about this Grand Finale @Living.la.vida.fifi -- your amazing styling extends to tablescapes and home decor -- also award worthy! Your new moussies are beautiful and your Quadrige GT is amazing!

That is my resoluton too @Marta_K for a whole bunch. I will be shopping my closet in 2024 along with you! I have a small quibble with the wording of your Oscarf-- there is nothing "second best" about this beauty!

Thank you very much @Jereni-- I was super excited for both these designs and they completely lived up to my internal hype!

Oh my goodness @Julide!!! Wowza! The Tulipomanie exceptional! The broderie! The marble! The Jardin, the Bromeliads -- everything is amazing here. I immediately bookmarked this post. Stunning all. Oscarf for Unique Special Effects? Oscarf for Outstanding Silken Beauty? :faint:

Thank you so much for all the sweet comments and the likes!

• Love
Reactions: Karenska and Jereni
Hello Scarflandia
I was out running errands all day, and then visiting family. I am delighted to see how many additional pages were added since yesterday. It will make delicious breakfast reading tomorrow morning, I'm sure. Especially since I suspect I was not the only one to leave the best for last :smile:
For now, at the eleventh hour (literally), here is my quick and last of this week's contributions.
I am still on the hunt for my oldest and holiest of all grails, that is Under the waves by Alice Shirley 90 carre in CW 12 (vert, corail, aqua). However, this year I managed to get this amazing design in another CW. And so, my 2023 Oscarf for Second Best CW of Grail design goes to: Under the waves in CW 15. Hermès named the colours aqua /rose pale / turquoise. Well, I tend to think of them as "strawberry and vanilla ice cream". They usually look subdued and pale on www sites. IRL they are subtle summery delight :smile:
View attachment 5925508
View attachment 5925509
View attachment 5925510
View attachment 5925511
View attachment 5925518
It is breathtaking! And the CW is perfect for you!

View attachment 5925575
Same thing happened to me with white and I also ended up adding a couple more… Love your additions!

• Thanks
Reactions: Julide

Thank you so very much! I must remember when in doubt on how to categorize a scarf ask @LKBNOLA :flowers:All fantastic categories! Thank you again for your kind words:flowers:

It is breathtaking! And the CW is perfect for you!

Same thing happened to me with white and I also ended up adding a couple more… Love your additions!
I am so glad to hear I am not the only one this happened to:flowers:Thank you:flowers:

Reactions: Nomad
I hate taking selfies, but decided I should suck it up and do it to show my 3 favorite purchases of 2023. The Over Performers. They were purchased with low expectations and have rewarded me with delight.

To me, the basic Brides de Gala pattern always looked like two aqualung scuba divers. Not attractive IMHO. The Finesse swirls made me oblivious to the aqualung men. This scarf is so easy to wear. No matter how it is ties, the swirls show and are soothing. The design goes to the edge (big plus in my book). This scarf is like wearing pajamas.

Chacun Fait Son Nid

This scarf is a riot of color, and all the corners are different. The name translates to Everyone Makes Their Nest. The pattern is a bird’s nest with eggs in it. The nest concept resonates with me, because who doesn’t want to decorate their home in a way that makes them feel happy and cozy. Chacun Fait Son Nid is just a fun scarf. It is sort of like having a Cinco de Mayo party around your neck with a nice hidden meaning.

Baobab Cat

(see that tag? that is one of the many reasons I hate selfies. sigh. And why does Hermes ALWAYS put the tag on the corner I want to put in front??? )

When this scarf was issued in 2018, I thought it was absolutely the most stupid design ever: a leopard in a flower. When is a flower big enough for a leopard to stick its head through? Do leopards hang out in flowers??? In email exchanges with my scarf friends, I would snicker and bash this scarf. They would always say “well it ties well.” The leopard bothered me as I prefer abstract designs rather than designs that are representational. This design was a no go.

After about 2-3 years I could see that Baobab Cat DOES TIE REALLY WELL. Then I went through a couple of years of ambivalence about the spines on the flower leaves. Looking at them made me cringe. I mentally wrote this design off, but I couldn’t forget it. An unworn one with colorway tags still attached was available at Real Real for 50% off. I bought it so I could get it out of my head, being ok with the possibility it would get rehomed.

Much to my surprise, I am delighted with it. When tied, it goes from representational to abstract. The blue black flower is gorgeous, but is not obviously a flower. The leopard disappears into the center and just becomes a splash of leopard pattern and not a real leopard. Spines. What spines? The design strikes me as edgy and sexy. It ties well…..

Over a 5 year period, Baobab Cat went from being hated and derided, to my favorite scarf purchase of 2023. It reminds me of the lyrics of a 1913 Al Jolson song “You made me love you but I didn’t want to do it”. This design just wore me down until I purchased it and loved it. Baobab Cat is the winner of the category of Over Performers.
Such a lovely post with lovely pics @Cordeliere! :heart: You made excellent choices for your Oscars this year. The BdG is TDF, but I particularly love your Chacun Fait Son Nid. Such a wonderful scarf I'm adding it to my wish list! I wish you well in 2024. :hugs:

The rest of my acquisitions this year are these two Giant Triangles and four Mousselines… I love them all so much that I can’t think of an Oscarf category for these beauties…

Quadrige Giant Triangle
View attachment 5925475

View attachment 5925476

Carre Kantha mousseline
View attachment 5925479

View attachment 5925477

Beverly Hills mousseline
View attachment 5925478

View attachment 5925480

Yesterday I was not able to post here as I was hosting a Scottish High Tea at home to celebrate the Twelfth Day of Christmas and the Feast of the Epiphany… I did not wear a scarf for the occasion
View attachment 5925481
View attachment 5925484

I saved my Oscarf for this last day of the last theme of our SOTD calendar, and it goes to each and everyone in this wonderful community. Firstly, my gratitude and admiration to all of the fantastic Scarf Mistresses that work with such dedication and creativity to guide us through each week of the year. Also, kudos to our Guest Scarf Mistresses who bring all of their knowledge and talents to this forum. And, last but not least, to all of the dear Scarfies here who fill this space with your enthusiasm, positive energy and beautiful silks. You all make this space the kindest, brightest and most enjoyable to visit every day…
So many lovelies @Living.la.vida.fifi, but if I had to pick on it would be Beverly Hills mousseline. She is elusive, congratulations on finding her! Your table is so lovely, I'm sure everyone had a wonderful time.
Hello Scarflandia
View attachment 5925508
View attachment 5925509
View attachment 5925510
View attachment 5925511
View attachment 5925518
Under the Waves is a treasure @Marta_K and you look radiant in yours. I'm happy to have a sister CW (04-Bleu Lagon / Beige / Vert). I hope you find your grailiest of all the grails colorway, I'll keep my eyes peeled for you. :search:

This was my experience also. Take good care of yourself too!

I love everything about this post @Cordeliere : amazing silks, that suit you wonderfully, as well as your lovely humour and insight into your choices and process. You look beautiful.

Totally agree with you on the BDG finesse. It’s the only BDG that’s tempted me and it glows in your pictures. I can see why you love it. I don’t own one, but your pic is very convincing! And I had the exact same reservations about Baobab cat, then lovely scarfies here keep posting jaw-dropping pictures of it and… my mind has been changed. The temptation is real :biggrin:

Thank you so much dear @Karenska I have been enjoying your beauties so much this week - great Oscarf choices!

Love these, and sisters on two. And YES, how could you not award an Oscarf for that beautiful CDL shawl, even without that awesome story. Oscarf for DH too: maximum effort and an epic choice, Bravo! :clap:
Thank you @Lellabelle! DH is a dear so I've renewed his contract for another year! :lol:

View attachment 5925575
Such extraordinary choices @Julide, especially your tulips! :faint: Well done!

Thank you to @Living.la.vida.fifi for this always amazing and wonderful week at the end of the year. Who doesn't love awards ceremonies? And the "Orange" Carpet? Most especially great when the Mistress of Ceremonies deserves an Oscarf of her own for Best Hosting and Best Collection and Best Mod Shots! And Oscarfs to everyone here who shared with so much generosity and humor and fun. The very best categories! With the very best examples! A huge end-of-the-scarf-year hat tip to all of Scarflandia for an Outstanding Show.
I am ending my Oscarfs with awards for the Autumn Winter 2023 Scarf Season. Of course I can't really even pick nominees because I am still getting to know these scarves, but I am going out on a limb and say, with complete confidence, that these would be my winners no matter what. Not least because I have already bought more than one of each design :eek:
Best Performing Artist in the 90 Silk Twill category for AW2023 goes to: Brandebourg Fleuris (04)
View attachment 5925017
View attachment 5925023
Best Performing Artist CSGM: Le Jaguar et Le Colibri
View attachment 5925022
And the saffron Jaguar's blue sister shares the Oscarf and is my SOTD as well!
View attachment 5925110
All so stunning!! Just stunning and wonderful additions
Oh this looks so classic. Wonderful
For the last day of Oscarf week, like others have done, I want to give out Oscarfs to lovely members of Scarflandia who have helped and inspired me in my journey last year!!!

First Inspiration Oscarf goes to the amazing @LKBNOLA, which is probably a surprise to no one. Where would we be without her???? My own Ye Most Magical Scarf Cabinet would have fewer residents that’s for sure. LKB inspired me this year on Animapolis, Costume de Fete, Hermes Factory (all of which are in my favorites list), my Lanternes 90, my Parade en Fanfare gavroche, and many many others. And she has been so kind to chat with me many times on the side and give advice. Thank you LKB!!!
View attachment 5925142

Second Oscarf for Inspiration goes to @Nomad. Nomad’s photo of Cosmographia instantly clued me as to the fact that it would be the right cw for me, whereas previously I had not considered it, and her amazing pink/orange Animapolis left me with heart eyes. Also a great source of advice on the side and willingness to help making hard choices. Nomad you are the best!
View attachment 5925143

Third Oscarf goes to @Marta_K who in a single post ensured that I went out and pulled the trigger on both En Liberte and L’Epopee. Her stylings and mod shots in general are also always so masterfully done. Amazing stuff Marta!
View attachment 5925144

Fourth inspirational Oscarf is for @EtsyBoss who helped complete my life earlier this year by pointing out the Canada Lynx on Alice Shirley’s Into the Canadian Wild. And her beautiful shot of the red Dans in Jardin Anglais also convinced me to pull the trigger on that and man is it ever gorgeous. Thank you EtsyBoss!
View attachment 5925145

I also want to thank @redheaddem @Living.la.vida.fifi @SilkCouture @GloWW0rM @Cookiefiend @Lellabelle @Ashanti_Rose @Cordeliere who have all shared amazing inspirational mod shots, provided me advice at various points, or occasionally given me a heads up on a scarf of interest - thank you!!!! You are all rockstars!
Awe such a sweet post :love: . Each one of these is perfect. The cosmo took me years to zero in on that cw. So glad it helped spark your own knowing that it would work on you too! Everytime you wear lanternes I say to myself I am so happy I own it. I really need to wear it more, it’s gorgeous.
And I have labeled myself queen of silk cutthroat island the last two weeks haha. Seeing my end of 2023 tally and analyzing the collection I had to put on my sword slashing pirate hat and get real REAL about scarf selection :lol:
I second the nominations for both @Croisette7 and @LKBNOLA - both of you, ladies! Your are an encyclopedia of Scarflandia and influence many scarfing souls with your magic wands - Croissete with her vast collection and LKB with her superb origami knotting skills (I think LKB can make a paper towel look splendid,...:smile:
Awe fully agree with these two.
What a year it has been! I am glad I was able to join you all on your silky adventures and am so appreciative of everyone's posts, ideas, comments and enablements.

Without further ado, my Oscarfs 2023:

Boldest Colors
Joining the Tulipomanie love, this was my boldest choice this past year

View attachment 5925198

Most Delicate
For good measure, balancing it out with an ethereal version
View attachment 5925204

Most Surprising Contrast Hem
I still don't know how I didn't catch in any of the mod shots that this has a caramel contrast hem. I own absolutely nothing in caramel, yet the design is beautiful, so here we are.

View attachment 5925187

Most Attempts
I was excited to find this on a resale site listed as "never worn". Unfortunately, I learned that you apparently CAN never wear a scarf and still get some big stains and pulls on it. I was able to return it, so back it went.

Later in the year, I found another, in much better condition. Many thanks to @Redbirdhermes for the very kind help and advice with this purchase.

View attachment 5925186

Most similar CWs
It came up on one of the seasonal threads recently that Hermes sometimes recycles color combinations. Here is an example of almost the same colors a few scarf-generations apart.

View attachment 5925207

Favorite backfill
I dithered too long when this first came out and am glad I found this CW after-sale this past year. One of my favorite finds of 2023.
View attachment 5925191

Thank you all for a great year, for sharing your marvelous and hilarious Oscarfs, and may you all have many delightful scarf adventures in 2024.
Love everything about this post. Thank you for this thoughtful insight. You look stunning in each and every one. And crazy about the color comparison. And we all have been there with the misrepresentation of a second hand, love your humor w the story telling of it haha
Many thanks to @Living.la.vida.fifi, our scarf hostess for the week. My final Oscarf for 2023 goes to a long wished for scarf that entered the collection at the very end of 2023, and is therefore making its debut appearance today.

Some designs receive special notice from Hermès and are widely promoted in their advertising. Such is the case with today's scarf which, among other things, graced the cover of the Le Carre booklet for the Hermès Fall Winter 2015 collection.

View attachment 5925229

I had picked up a Sieste au Paradis in the silk 140 format during 2022, and found it to be stunningly beautiful. It had taken me a while, but when I put it on, then I truly fell for this design.

View attachment 5925232

But, I wear the 90 so much more often. So I was delighted to find a 90 in CW14, bleu/vert/corail, the "Cover Scarf" of F/W 2015. This colorway was so familiar to me, and I think it is quite special.

View attachment 5925231

My final Oscarf of 2023 goes to Sieste au Paradis, my scarf of the day, and the well-deserved Oscarf "Cover Scarf" winner.

View attachment 5925230
Congratulations! Sieste is a marvel. And so informative and insightful to some of the “how” you make some of your choices.
SOTD, newish purchase this year. Fleurs et Papillons de Tissus.
View attachment 5925257
Oh wow. This is so fresh
Oooof - this was a very active week and missing a day is overwhelming!

@Redbirdhermes you have such an amazing collection! Wowed that you found not one but two Photosyntheses, and I am now hunting a Bain!

@LKBNOLA you wear so many colors and styles with equal aplomb and your knots are perfection! Those Jaguars :woot:The Fantaisie Etriers you and @Living.la.vida.fifi and @mktlim and @Maedi model has me on the lookout. And if you ever tire of your Rayures…

@redheaddem both Cristals are stunning!

@Cookiefiend your moussies are beyond compare and those changeants have me absolutely swooning :faint:

@Croisette7 words defy my visceral response to your mod shots! Your style is impeccable!

@Mary Ann G all aboard indeed! Looking forward to more postings this year

@Ashanti_Rose your Sieste shawl is the one I seek!

@Marta_K that Pirouette is so elegant and I never realized how colorful it is!

@Jereni most excellent award categories! And that DUJA!!!

@Cordeliere i relate so well. Nothing has impacted Ye Olde Scarf Drawer more than the years I spent caring for my parents (alas I added pounds as well as silk - thank heavens scarves always fit!). Your additions are gorgeous!

@Nomad wonderful designs to dupe! Yes DUJA is beyond dupe-worthy! Is your second colorway the white? If so and you want to rehome it :drinks: (And I think you can control the size of photos when you are adding - at least on the iPhone there is a link on the bottom left for Options that lets you choose a size as well as turning off location data)

@Jacq1 beautiful additions and I admire your self control
Oh no…I have two purple pastel 🤣 . I saw “my” duja color for under retail and I had to hit it. I’ll figure out whether to resell my insane price one or keep it for the back burner in my top toppest grailiest grail ever :love:
Happy weekend dear scarfies! Thank you @Living.la.vida.fifi for hosting a spectacular week and thank you everyone for sharing all your wonderful photos + silks + stories - it takes a lot to share some of the more personal ones with the community. :flowers:

Keeping warm today with the "scarf I didn't expect to love" - Chevaux Dechaines.

View attachment 5925319

Hoping everyone in the US east coast stays safe and warm this weekend! I think we're getting snow up here in my side of Canada as well.
Those are the best finds :smile:
Happy Saturday Scarflandia!

This year I found two HGs, I showed the first one earlier (LVdesD), and in December I found one I had been looking for ever since I had seen it on our lovely @lanit.
A gorgeous gorgeous neutral, and moussie, I am in love.
View attachment 5925336
My Holy Grail Oscarf goes to Alliances du Monde.
View attachment 5925337

We woke up to a snowy day, I’m wearing AdM with a cashmere sweater and pants … ultimate comfort!View attachment 5925338
Gahhhh amazing!! Another gorg one. Congrats on your HG finds
70 CM Oscarfs:
One of my most sought-after 70s is Quand Soudain. I wanted the purple and green but when this one became available, I bought it and I couldn’t be happier.
View attachment 5925414
Format correction (for me) with this darling JL Stamped. I dithered on so many of the wonderful cws of this design, and finally I found this one. I just love it.
View attachment 5925412
And I finally added a Pani La Shar Pawnee, in a preferred 70 format, a most desired design.
View attachment 5925448
Ooohhh I movie tour Pawnee cw. Thats special. And congrats on your JL stamped and quand. I kept trying to resist quand.its so cool tho
This thread has been on fire! ❤️‍🔥 I'm terribly behind so I'm going to post my remaining Oscarfs and then try and get caught up on comments later. But first let me say thank you to @Living.la.vida.fifi for another amazing week, and another thank you to everyone who came up with such fun and clever Oscarf categories and stunning mod shots!

I believe that we've already seen everything I'm posting here for my Oscarfs, but these are my most favorite additions to my collection in 2023. I'm so happy to be twins and sisters with so many of you. :hugs:

First up, my Oscarf for best 70 cm, a format that I have come to love and will definitely be buying more of. My runner up is Bouclerie Moderne Plumetis. Her jacquard is gorgeous and I just love how bright and happy she is.
View attachment 5925454

However, my heart and the 70cm Oscarf goes to Comfort en Automobile. She's a wonder! I love her polka dots, her plaid, the zip of green, and the yellow hem. :winkiss:
View attachment 5925456

Next up, my Oscarf for my best 90 cm. This was tough! My Oscarf goes to Sous le Charme d'Orphee. She is stunning and I love her versatility. She's easy to wear and goes with everything in my wardrobe.
View attachment 5925470 View attachment 5925473

Honorable mention goes to Lanternes, Ballons et Cocardes. She's a stunner and I get so many compliments whenever I wear her. I fall more in love with her deceptively simple design, her bright colors, and stunning border each time I put her on.
View attachment 5925471

Up next is my favorite CSGM. I have to go with Clair de Lune. Each time I wear her I think of DH driving 2 1/2 hours to our boutique on his own to select and buy this stunner for me. How can it not be my CSGM Oscarf winner? :heart:
View attachment 5925472
Yay another amazing post with insight behind the curtain to scarfie thinking. I agree 100% on bouclerie. It’s so fun and special. I wish I could also wear the tabac but it wasn’t as good on me as this one. And I LoVe LoVe LoVe your DH story
I have one last Oscarf post to share, and this one makes me giggle. @LKBNOLA will immediately recognize why! These are all new additions to my collection this year and I adore them, but my final Oscarf goes to the moussie (hello to my twins out there!): Jungle Love :lol:

Edited to add that JL Forever is my SOTD (I removed the tag after the pic :facepalm:):
View attachment 5925489
I love a collection grouping. Congratulations on all of these.

Chacun Fait Son Nid

Baobab Cat

Beautiful selfies! And another great post with a peak behind the curtain to what goes on in choosing our scarves. I can so relate to soooo much in here. And congrats to each one!

Quadrige Giant Triangle
View attachment 5925475

View attachment 5925476

Carre Kantha mousseline
View attachment 5925479

View attachment 5925477

Beverly Hills mousseline
View attachment 5925478

View attachment 5925480

View attachment 5925481
View attachment 5925484

Thank you fifi for all your hosting and contributions. I have much jealousy over so many here. Amazing! And what a table and party
Hello Scarflandia
View attachment 5925508
View attachment 5925509
View attachment 5925510
View attachment 5925511
View attachment 5925518
I’ll join that group to wear more of what already own. This cw is gorg. I can’t imagine a better one

View attachment 5925575
Ha I also said no more white scarves. Beautiful!!
I wanted to add the mousseline which photographed terribly was enabled by the amazing @frou frou who pictures I could not get out of my mind!:flowers:
:police:Warning: the below link is dangerous and may cause wallet fatigue!:police:

:P
https://forum.purseblog.com/threads/chiffon-mousseline-scarves.123698/post-35305466
View attachment 5925604
Oh yay! Congratulations! It’s so tough to photograph mousssies

Status
Not open for further replies.