Scarves Scarf of The Day 2023- Which Hermès scarf are you wearing today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here are some more 2023 new-ins, each one award-worthy in my book…

The Oscarf for Shawl of the Year goes to Faubourg Tropical… It is actually the only CSGM I got this year, but I’m pretty sure it would’ve gotten the top award for it is divine!
Here, as I wore it out to dinner on New Years Eve
View attachment 5922878

The Oscarf to Best Giant Silk of the year goes to Planisphere d’un Monde Equestre… My Grail Aloha Ala Moana is in a special category, and this was the only other giant silk I purchased late last year and have already worn it multiple times…
View attachment 5922879

And, now a special Oscarf to The Return of the One that Got Away… LOL… Just like Dans un Jardin Anglais, I tried this one on not once but twice at the Hermès boutique in 2017, but was too dazzled by Samourais and other designs to commit to it, so I left it behind, lost it and always regretted it. Well, I am delighted to have found it again in the same CW this year: Chacun Fait Son Nid
View attachment 5922880

Biarritz which was issued in 1954 was the oldest scarf I purchased this year, but she belongs to the Grail category, so I will give the Oscarf to the Most Vintage Scarf of the Year to Pavement which was issued in 1970
View attachment 5922881
All gorgeous but totally in love with your Planisphere, Fifi - oh my! You look so festive in your FT and amazing necklace. Thank you for hosting this week, it’s been fun, although I am woefully behind and just cannot keep up with the speed of this thread. Also competing priorities. You all are showing wonderful scarves and if I didn’t comment specifically, let’s just say you are all hitting it out of the park.

Reactions: Lellabelle
Well...in order to even think of participating this week, I had to "consult" my scarf spreadsheet as I couldn't actually remember what I acquired this past year. Now that either means 1- I have too many scarves (and that is true :lol: ) or 2- I am losing my mind (also true... :crybaby: )

Brightest scarf of the year in no doubt goes to the exceptional Marble cashmere losange decorated with Kyoto Marble flowers, and trimmed in Jungle Love Rainbow. This is also my SOTD today because it is cold, and wet, and breezy which makes it all seep in...

View attachment 5922868

Favorite Men's Scarf 2023 is the cheeky Surfing Fan cotton/silk (archive pic)

View attachment 5922872

Longest Sought Grail (of this year) goes to Casques et Plumets moussie, which took 7 years to find:

View attachment 5922873

And that narrowly beat out Soies Volants pareo so I'll post the "runner up" for searches too. :lol:

So we'll give Soies Volants a Best Pareo find thumbs up. :tup:

View attachment 5922876

Favorite Twilly purchase: GTN

View attachment 5922874
Great acquisitions, Bunny, that marble cashmere losange is amazing!

Reactions: bunnycat
Happy New Year from a new scarfie who spent the past few months reading this thread in wonder. I’ve learned so much, gasped at the breathtaking photos, and marveled at this generous and welcoming community. I rarely take, and next-to-never post photos, but was inspired to share my CSPM Legende Kuna Peuple de Panama paired with little h geode earrings.
A favorite design, piperdog, so beautiful as a CSPM. Lovely colors.

In 2023 Oldies but Goodies Category, my nominee would be Le Paradis du Roy CSGM by Annie Faivre:
View attachment 5923000
View attachment 5923002
View attachment 5923001
I am very happy to have found it, it is preloved obviously, and had 1 flaw, but my goodness, the quality of the fabric is amazing. It is definitely a winter shawl for me, because it is very warm, much much warmer than the blue and turquoise shawl I alreeady had - so as I intend this CW to be worn mostly in FW, it turned out exactly what I was hoping for.
View attachment 5923004
View attachment 5923003
A beauty, Marta K, and gorgeous on you.

Well, I tallied my 2023 purchases yesterday, and will confess that it was a wallet slimming year :girlsigh: Following @Nomad’s fine example, I will say that I didn’t buy as many as last year, but it was still a lot. After an exuberant January I took an extended visit to ban island for half the year, which makes my final total even more embarrassing. I’m not comfortable sharing my number publicly, but I am holding myself accountable by keeping a clear list of purchases; not just for H scarves (there were too many), but scarves from other designers (a few), bags, accessories etc.
To offset my frippery: a good number of these purchases were added to the scarf gift vault, which complicates my Oscarf counts a little. For the purpose of accountability: if I bought it this year, it counts as a purchase for the annual shame total, but for awards purposes, only scarves I have actually received will be eligible for nomination or awards.

So, without further ado:

The Oscarfs for Most coveted by MrBelle, (and I do let him wear it) and for Most likely to put a smile on my face go to:
Grrrrr / Yellowstone Forever men’s 100 silk.
I just adore this one for so many reasons. I missed the original issue, and was delighted to find this wonderful reissue for the Yellowstone Foundation on H.com earlier this year. Also, BEARS! Special nomination for Scarfie assist from @LKBNOLA, who was kind enough to provide an appropriately sized orange ’den’ for it ;) 🙏
View attachment 5922998

The Oscarf for Designer of the year goes to:
Alice Shirley. A few Shirley’s entered my collection this year (overdue, I know!). A couple are represented here, and there is at least one more in the vault, purchased in 2023. Best supporting nominations to Daiske Nomura and Jan Bajtlik for much loved designers that were represented my collection again in 2023. No Ugo Gattoni additions, which was a surprise given how much I love his designs and how much I loved Rendezvous Gallant. I SO wanted that design in regular twill, not vintage silk! (the creasing drives me crazy).

The Oscarfs for Best small format as well as First in format go to:
Chorus Stellarum Bandana.
I loved this design, but the CWs for the 70’s didn’t work so well on me, plus the creasing issue for the ‘vintage silk’ referenced above made me reluctantly pass. I was SO excited to see this in regular twill, plus a fabulous CW in the inky black with white design and matt gold overlay :loveeyes:. I was delighted to acquire this as my first bandana. Soon followed by a second, in All Aboard. It’s an easy and fun size. CS also gets a special mention because it was purchased when MrBelle lost a bet (and therefore also makes me smile when I wear it)!:lol:.
View attachment 5923009
Oscarf for Best supporting small format goes to En Liberte twilly. I loved this design, but the scale and CW didn’t work for me in the 90, or the CSGM. Fortunately the twillies were just right (and I succumbed to a few!)

The Oscarf for Cheeky elegance/Insouciance goes to:
Lazy Leopardesses.
I was a little late to the party with this one, but ended up with three colourways, plus a duplicate. Wow. I just love the leopard with its tongue poking out, and the almost metallic CW and rich depictions of fur give this design such depth and drama. This should probably also get a nomination for most multiples of the same design purchased this year.
View attachment 5922907

The Oscarf for Best Reissue of a much loved design goes to:
Jungle Love love. A perfect valentines gift from MrBelle and one of the sweetest, most tender moments in a silk design. Honourable mention to Jungle Love forever, which might have taken a shared spot, except it’s in the vault awaiting a special occasion ;)
View attachment 5923032

The Oscarf for Most obsessive scarf hunt goes to:
La Vallee du Cristal. I stalked this one from the moment I saw it. I knew I had to have it. The purple was calling my name, but I was lucky enough to be blessed with a green beauty too, thanks to the insistence of MrBelle. Hence the first of my ‘special’ Oscarfs, below.
View attachment 5923027

Special Oscarf for enablement, support and enduring patience goes to MrBelle. He has not complained once at my scarf exuberance (and he knows my scarf number for the year!) and has encouraged many of my acquisitions this year, as well as giving valuable input to choices. He’s a champ, and deserving of recognition. Extending this thanks to all our dear ones who listen, encourage and support us in our obsession ;)

Special Oscarf for innovation goes to @bunnycat, inventor of the ‘Scarf Gift Vault’ and enabler of opportunity and impulse purchases through the magic of “it’s not another scarf purchase, it’s for the gift vault…”. :ty: Ahem. Thank you, I think? :roflmfao:

The Oscarfs for Grailiest Grail, and Oscarf of the year, go to:
Into the Canadian Wild, Canada 150 Anniversary SE.
I could write an essay about how much I love this one, or what it means to me, but instead I will just post a picture of its fabulousness :cloud9:
View attachment 5922893

A final Special Oscarf of awesomeness to all the residents of Scarflandia, who collectively make this such a wonderful place to be. 2023 has been a year, and I haven’t been able to post, or share, as much as I would have liked. I‘m sure I haven’t even shared all my new-ins this year (!). It’s been a most wonderful refuge and place to escape, as well as a bastion of support and friendship.
Thank you all!

ETA: bless the ‘edit‘ function! :lol:
A delightful post and just amazing silks, Lellabelle. That ITCW and JLL are TDF :faint:.

• Thanks
Reactions: Lellabelle
My second Oscarf is

Best spring/summer design of 2023 :

Tulipomanie 🌷

I purchased 2 cw but should have gotten at least 4. They were all stunning and I am sisters and twins with so many of you. I am still hoping this design will be reissued in more colours. It is such a happy design and it screams spring to me.View attachment 5923092View attachment 5923093
These, along with the calm, gentle white, are my fav cws of this incredible design. I did not buy it because of the scale I knew I wouldn’t reach for it. But for all of you that have this beauty, congratulations!

I'd like to nominate four standout scarves from the Spring/Summer 2023 season for the Oscarf of the season.

Coaching Forever

View attachment 5922703View attachment 5922689

Le Carnaval des Animaux

View attachment 5922704View attachment 5922691

Tulipomanie

View attachment 5922699View attachment 5922698

Costume de Fete

View attachment 5922693View attachment 5922694

One look at this Costume de Fete in the exuberant bleu azure CW01, I knew this colorway was going to go fast. Which it did.

But, the scarf design that truly stands out for me came along later in the season and was Tulipomanie. The history behind the beautiful, streaked tulip blooms which caused the economic bubble that occurred in Holland in the 17th century makes this a winner for me.

View attachment 5922697

The Oscarf for the Best of Spring/Summer 2023 goes to Tulipomanie.

View attachment 5922866
I love all of these, Rbh, these colors are all great on you. Wowza!!

• Thanks
Reactions: Redbirdhermes
This thread has been on fire! ❤️‍🔥 I'm terribly behind so I'm going to post my remaining Oscarfs and then try and get caught up on comments later. But first let me say thank you to @Living.la.vida.fifi for another amazing week, and another thank you to everyone who came up with such fun and clever Oscarf categories and stunning mod shots!

I believe that we've already seen everything I'm posting here for my Oscarfs, but these are my most favorite additions to my collection in 2023. I'm so happy to be twins and sisters with so many of you. :hugs:

First up, my Oscarf for best 70 cm, a format that I have come to love and will definitely be buying more of. My runner up is Bouclerie Moderne Plumetis. Her jacquard is gorgeous and I just love how bright and happy she is.
Bouclerie Moderne Plumetis.jpg

However, my heart and the 70cm Oscarf goes to Comfort en Automobile. She's a wonder! I love her polka dots, her plaid, the zip of green, and the yellow hem. :winkiss:
Confort en Automobile.jpg

Next up, my Oscarf for my best 90 cm. This was tough! My Oscarf goes to Sous le Charme d'Orphee. She is stunning and I love her versatility. She's easy to wear and goes with everything in my wardrobe.
Sous le Charme d'Orphee 2 (1).jpg AS Design.jpg

Honorable mention goes to Lanternes, Ballons et Cocardes. She's a stunner and I get so many compliments whenever I wear her. I fall more in love with her deceptively simple design, her bright colors, and stunning border each time I put her on.
Lanternes, Ballons et Cocardes.jpg

Up next is my favorite CSGM. I have to go with Clair de Lune. Each time I wear her I think of DH driving 2 1/2 hours to our boutique on his own to select and buy this stunner for me. How can it not be my CSGM Oscarf winner? :heart:
Clair de Lune Shawl 1.jpg

Last edited:
I have one last Oscarf post to share, and this one makes me giggle. @LKBNOLA will immediately recognize why! These are all new additions to my collection this year and I adore them, but my final Oscarf goes to the moussie (hello to my twins out there!): Jungle Love :lol:

Edited to add that JL Forever is my SOTD (I removed the tag after the pic :facepalm:):
2023 Jungle Love.png

Last edited:
I hate taking selfies, but decided I should suck it up and do it to show my 3 favorite purchases of 2023. The Over Performers. They were purchased with low expectations and have rewarded me with delight.

Brides de Gala en Finesse

1BDG1.jpg1BDG2.png

To me, the basic Brides de Gala pattern always looked like two aqualung scuba divers. Not attractive IMHO. The Finesse swirls made me oblivious to the aqualung men. This scarf is so easy to wear. No matter how it is ties, the swirls show and are soothing. The design goes to the edge (big plus in my book). This scarf is like wearing pajamas.

Chacun Fait Son Nid

2CFSN1.jpg2cfsn2.png

This scarf is a riot of color, and all the corners are different. The name translates to Everyone Makes Their Nest. The pattern is a bird’s nest with eggs in it. The nest concept resonates with me, because who doesn’t want to decorate their home in a way that makes them feel happy and cozy. Chacun Fait Son Nid is just a fun scarf. It is sort of like having a Cinco de Mayo party around your neck with a nice hidden meaning.

Baobab Cat

3BC1.jpg3bc2.png

(see that tag? that is one of the many reasons I hate selfies. sigh. And why does Hermes ALWAYS put the tag on the corner I want to put in front??? )

When this scarf was issued in 2018, I thought it was absolutely the most stupid design ever: a leopard in a flower. When is a flower big enough for a leopard to stick its head through? Do leopards hang out in flowers??? In email exchanges with my scarf friends, I would snicker and bash this scarf. They would always say “well it ties well.” The leopard bothered me as I prefer abstract designs rather than designs that are representational. This design was a no go.

After about 2-3 years I could see that Baobab Cat DOES TIE REALLY WELL. Then I went through a couple of years of ambivalence about the spines on the flower leaves. Looking at them made me cringe. I mentally wrote this design off, but I couldn’t forget it. An unworn one with colorway tags still attached was available at Real Real for 50% off. I bought it so I could get it out of my head, being ok with the possibility it would get rehomed.

Much to my surprise, I am delighted with it. When tied, it goes from representational to abstract. The blue black flower is gorgeous, but is not obviously a flower. The leopard disappears into the center and just becomes a splash of leopard pattern and not a real leopard. Spines. What spines? The design strikes me as edgy and sexy. It ties well…..

Over a 5 year period, Baobab Cat went from being hated and derided, to my favorite scarf purchase of 2023. It reminds me of the lyrics of a 1913 Al Jolson song “You made me love you but I didn’t want to do it”. This design just wore me down until I purchased it and loved it. Baobab Cat is the winner of the category of Over Performers.

Last edited:
Happy Saturday, everyone!
The rest of my acquisitions this year are these two Giant Triangles and four Mousselines… I love them all so much that I can’t think of an Oscarf category for these beauties…

Quadrige Giant Triangle
18628688-156F-4F77-81D5-94778603C87B.jpeg

L’Art du Sarasa Giant Triangle
8B3004F3-D3DF-4D2B-9E45-80F0EDCDB001.jpeg

Carre Kantha mousseline
2BC8A75C-4045-406A-B5CC-E46C6EEA9B96.jpeg

La Naissance d’un Ideé mousseline
B727AF08-E1FD-464B-A38A-EB38C9620466.jpeg

Beverly Hills mousseline
B1DE5BF9-68E6-4919-BF81-78015D49090B.jpeg

And, my last silk purchase of 2023:
Ceintures et Liens mousseline
FB01F162-02BF-4F63-A423-02A2493B63EF.jpeg

Yesterday I was not able to post here as I was hosting a Scottish High Tea at home to celebrate the Twelfth Day of Christmas and the Feast of the Epiphany… I did not wear a scarf for the occasion
IMG_0161.jpeg
IMG_0165.jpegIMG_0168.jpeg
E2BFA425-4C24-4FDE-8AE6-4A16180CFCFD.jpeg

I saved my Oscarf for this last day of the last theme of our SOTD calendar, and it goes to each and everyone in this wonderful community. Firstly, my gratitude and admiration to all of the fantastic Scarf Mistresses that work with such dedication and creativity to guide us through each week of the year. Also, kudos to our Guest Scarf Mistresses who bring all of their knowledge and talents to this forum. And, last but not least, to all of the dear Scarfies here who fill this space with your enthusiasm, positive energy and beautiful silks. You all make this space the kindest, brightest and most enjoyable to visit every day…
Wishing all a fantastic 2024 on SOTD, and may all our Grails come true!

This thread has been on fire! ❤️‍🔥 I'm terribly behind so I'm going to post my remaining Oscarfs and then try and get caught up on comments later. But first let me say thank you to @Living.la.vida.fifi for another amazing week, and another thank you to everyone who came up with such fun and clever Oscarf categories and stunning mod shots!

I believe that we've already seen everything I'm posting here for my Oscarfs, but these are my most favorite additions to my collection in 2023. I'm so happy to be twins and sisters with so many of you. :hugs:

First up, my Oscarf for best 70 cm, a format that I have come to love and will definitely be buying more of. My runner up is Bouclerie Moderne Plumetis. Her jacquard is gorgeous and I just love how bright and happy she is.
View attachment 5925454

However, my heart and the 70cm Oscarf goes to Comfort en Automobile. She's a wonder! I love her polka dots, her plaid, the zip of green, and the yellow hem. :winkiss:
View attachment 5925456

Next up, my Oscarf for my best 90 cm. This was tough! My Oscarf goes to Sous le Charme d'Orphee. She is stunning and I love her versatility. She's easy to wear and goes with everything in my wardrobe.
View attachment 5925470 View attachment 5925473

Honorable mention goes to Lanternes, Ballons et Cocardes. She's a stunner and I get so many compliments whenever I wear her. I fall more in love with her deceptively simple design, her bright colors, and stunning border each time I put her on.
View attachment 5925471

Up next is my favorite CSGM. I have to go with Clair de Lune. Each time I wear her I think of DH driving 2 1/2 hours to our boutique on his own to select and buy this stunner for me. How can it not be my CSGM Oscarf winner? :heart:
View attachment 5925472

I have one last Oscarf post to share, and this one makes me giggle. @LKBNOLA will immediately recognize why! These are all new additions to my collection this year and I adore them, but my final Oscarf goes to the moussie (hello to my twins out there!): Jungle Love :lol:

Edited to add that JL Forever is my SOTD (I removed the tag after the pic :facepalm:):
View attachment 5925489

I hate taking selfies, but decided I should suck it up and do it to show my 3 favorite purchases of 2023. The Over Performers. They were purchased with low expectations and have rewarded me with delight.

Brides de Gala en Finesse

View attachment 5925486View attachment 5925487

To me, the basic Brides de Gala pattern always looked like two aqualung scuba divers. Not attractive IMHO. The Finesse swirls made me oblivious to the aqualung men. This scarf is so easy to wear. No matter how it is ties, the swirls show and are soothing. The design goes to the edge (big plus in my book). This scarf is like wearing pajamas.

Chacun Fait Son Nid

View attachment 5925488View attachment 5925490

This scarf is a riot of color, and all the corners are different. The name translates to Everyone Makes Their Nest. The pattern is a bird’s nest with eggs in it. The nest concept resonates with me, because who doesn’t want to decorate their home in a way that makes them feel happy and cozy. Chacun Fait Son Nid is just a fun scarf. It is sort of like having a Cinco de Mayo party around your neck with a nice hidden meaning.

Baobab Cat

View attachment 5925491View attachment 5925492

(see that tag? that is one of the many reasons I hate selfies. sigh. And why does Hermes ALWAYS put the tag on the corner I want to put in front??? )

When this scarf was issued in 2018, I thought it was absolutely the most stupid design ever: a leopard in a flower. When is a flower big enough for a leopard to stick its head through? Do leopards hang out in flowers??? In email exchanges with my scarf friends, I would snicker and bash this scarf. They would always say “well it ties well.” The leopard bothered me as I prefer abstract designs rather than designs that are representational. This design was a no go.

After about 2-3 years I could see that Baobab Cat DOES TIE REALLY WELL. Then I went through a couple of years of ambivalence about the spines on the flower leaves. Looking at them made me cringe. I mentally wrote this design off, but I couldn’t forget it. An unworn one with colorway tags still attached was available at Real Real for 50% off. I bought it so I could get it out of my head, being ok with the possibility it would get rehomed.

Much to my surprise, I am delighted with it. When tied, it goes from representational to abstract. The blue black flower is gorgeous, but is not obviously a flower. The leopard disappears into the center and just becomes a splash of leopard pattern and not a real leopard. Spines. What spines? The design strikes me as edgy and sexy. It ties well…..

Over a 5 year period, Baobab Cat went from being hated and derided, to my favorite scarf purchase of 2023. It reminds me of the lyrics of a 1913 Al Jolson song “You made me love you but a didn’t want to do it”. This design just wore me down until I purchased it and loved it. Baobab Cat is the winner of the category of Over Performers.

I cannot respond to these pictures individually but let it be said that they are all marvelous!

Happy Saturday Scarflandia!

This year I found two HGs, I showed the first one earlier (LVdesD), and in December I found one I had been looking for ever since I had seen it on our lovely @lanit.
A gorgeous gorgeous neutral, and moussie, I am in love.
View attachment 5925336
My Holy Grail Oscarf goes to Alliances du Monde.
View attachment 5925337

We woke up to a snowy day, I’m wearing AdM with a cashmere sweater and pants … ultimate comfort!View attachment 5925338
Just gorgeous, Cookie, congratulations!

Last edited:
Reactions: Cookiefiend
There have been so many amazing Oscarfs given out this week! For today’s round, I’m going to do a few misc categories. Admittedly taking a few ideas from @Nomad and @Lellabelle here. All archive pics because I’m sick today and too vain to take mod shots when I don’t feel fabulous.

First, an Oscarf for Not on My Radar but Couldn’t Pass Up. Minuit Au Faubourg as a design was something I wanted, but my grail is a blue and orange one that I think @Croisette7 has. However, one day in the boutique the pop of aqua on this caught my eye and when I tried it on, I was completely charmed. Another great 70! Love this size so much.
View attachment 5924911

Second Oscarf is for Luckiest Random Score, which goes to Le Premier Chant in the orange and teal. I’d had this in my list for awhile and was figuring I would acquire it from the after-market since it’s older, but it occurred to me to ask my SA if any were left in the U.S. Not only were there some left, but my boutique had one (and only one) of the design in stock and it happened to be this cw! So exciting.
View attachment 5924913

Third is for Most Unexpected Colorway That Still Works, and I award this to Epaulettes de Gala. I am verrra hesitant about yellows bc most don’t work with my skin tone but this one seems to just fall into the safe zone, and I love the textures in the design.
View attachment 5924914

And lastly an Oscarf for Most Satisfying End of Hunt, which goes to my Douze Leopards shawl. I don’t know if I’d describe this as a true grail - it is definitely the cw of this design I wanted the most and was entirely gone from all H websites that I scoured. But it was listed on multiple aftermarket sites readily, just usually at inflated prices and with some wear / imperfections. So I was very happy to eventually find one listed for the same as retail, and in new condition with tags.
View attachment 5924915

Thanks for letting me share! Much love to you all, again I’m so grateful for this cheerful and friendly forum.
I just love all of these, Jereni, and your other purchases this year. Your cws always suit you to a T!

• Thanks
Reactions: Jereni
Status
Not open for further replies.