Scarves Scarf of The Day 2023- Which Hermès scarf are you wearing today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
And here is a roundup for my Oscarfs 2023:
IMG_7737.jpeg

In 2023 I got 4 Carrés - Carnaval des Animaux, cosmpgraphia universalis, Les legendes de l‘arbe and Au Coeur de la vie (the last one was a very late entry and I haven’t yet had time to wear it)
1 moussie gavroche: also nominated for best deal of the year
And 1 CSGM Jardin de la Maharani.

I am very happy with my small collection so far since it allows me a good range of choices and complements my wardrobe. Very excited about what 2024 will bring.

You can wear different colour families so well, Croisette7. You look stunning in them!

Snausages thank so much for your very kind offer - yes, please !

Foxi trini, I love the whole outfit! Your CW of Carre en Carres is very elegant. I am your sister on CeC, mine is the autumny brown-green-red one

Twillies are the best! Work well as a pop of colour with formal suits, fit perfectly casual outfits, can be worn even on a hot summer day - I love them. What lovely choices you made this year. Marble ex libris is my favourite :smile:
Thank you so much, Marta!
My Oscarf for new to me additions goes to Fantaisie d’étriers and Mineraux. Mineraux has sentimental value for an avid mounain climber, photographer and mineraux appreciating relative. And Tigre Bengale which has been unworn in my scarf drawer for 11 years and needs to be worn.View attachment 5924968View attachment 5924969View attachment 5924970
Maedi, all fab but don't hide your Tigre, he is beautiful!
I should have followed your lead… “I couldn’t decide so … I bought them all. Sorry, not sorry.”
hhahaahahahaa - Croisette you are a genius! :hugs:

Thank you sweetie!

Welp - Imma have to tell Mr Cookie that y’all said I need it.
<brushing my hands off> Done and Done!
:lol:
Thank you, Sweetie!
So it was ‘kind of’ a year of duplicates for me. Two are personal grails of mine and circus I think is just a marvel of color and the corners in ties are chefs kiss. I will always add colorways of this that work on me.
“Award for designs worth dupes”
Circus in black entered in 2023. I have a purple also.
View attachment 5924976View attachment 5924977
My personal grail cocottes de soie. This blue entered in 2023. Also, this scarf has a double award too haha. “Award for first scarf trade w a scarfie” . That was fun!! And this is my scarf of the day today :love:
View attachment 5924979View attachment 5924980

pink leonhardi entered. Already had my red.
View attachment 5924978View attachment 5924981
Edit/ why are the full image pics SOoooo big :shrugs:
Nomad, love both Circus and esp. your pink Leonhardi!
I remember when you first posted mod shots of Tulipomanie and someone asked which color were you going to choose? The first thought that came into my head was, “Oh, silly Scarfie, she’s keeping them all.” And, of course you did.

Thank you for all the mod shots that you post on this forum year after year, always so beautifully displayed. I nominate @Croisette7 and her Hermès scarf collection for the Lifetime Achievement Oscarf, and recommend that the Academy of Scarf Mistresses make it so.
RBH, you know me so well, dear! Thank you for your sweet proposal, but I think LKB deserves it.
Another post as running out of time. I just finally cleaned and ironed so wanted to wear it for my post :love:
Also an “ award for a dupe” and “my grailiest of grails toppest of tops lists of Oscarfs”
Anglais! 🥁
It is a dupe because I have two haha.
Story/ I said to myself..I am sick of losing out on cheaper than csgm chances to faster fingers. I am tired of waiting to even see if it’s “all that”. I just want to know if it’s “love” or not. So I bought it for a ridiculous price. I just HAD TO KNOW finally haha. Then weeks later I actually had the faster fingers in the west and got one for way under CuRrEnT retail. I haven’t figured out if I will keep as a back up or sell. I also want the red based one :shrugs: .
And to conclude …it was ALL THAT :drool:
View attachment 5924986
Just wonderful, Nomad!
Stunning how you tied it with the tulip in the center and also twins😻.
Delighted to be twins, Maedi!

My Oscarf for new to me additions goes to Fantaisie d’étriers and Mineraux. Mineraux has sentimental value for an avid mounain climber, photographer and mineraux appreciating relative. And Tigre Bengale which has been unworn in my scarf drawer for 11 years and needs to be worn.View attachment 5924968View attachment 5924969View attachment 5924970
They are all so beautitul Maedi - but you must wear that Tigre More often!
2023 was the most stressful year in my many-year life. I became a caregiver and had zero time for myself. I could have used emotional eating to cope, but shockingly, pounds fell off me. Instead, I used “emotional scarfing” to deal with the stress. In 2023, I bought 15 scarves, purchasing most of them between August and November. Looking at scarves was pleasurable, could be done in bed, and required no energy. Who can look and not buy? Not me. BIN became my best friend. At the end of the year, I had lost 13 pounds and bought 15 scarves. 15 scarves seems like a ridiculous number, since I had my collection stabilized at about 45 scarves for the last 4 years. Still, I am much happier to have ended the year with 15 more scarves, rather than 15 more pounds.

As I share my purchases, I would like to mention those who enabled me. My definition of being enabled is (1) having my lust for a scarf stirred up by modeling shots when I had previously not been dying for said scarf; or (2) seeing a scarf, colorway, or format, that I was previously not aware of, which after seeing, I must have NOW. My definition of enabling is totally related to uncontrollable surges in lust. In some cases, SOTD merely informed my choices. In other cases, SOTD created those irresistible silk lust surges.

Here are my 2023 purchases with acknowledgement of the enablers.

View attachment 5924975View attachment 5924982

CSGMs
Sangles en Zig Zag.
Clair de Lune (all those pics on FW23 were strictly educational)
Sieste au Paradis (Had it stretched for wall hanging omitting border)

Mousseline
Point d’Orgue.

90s
Au Coeur de Vie. @HermesEchidna This is a bank shot of enablement since @ Cookiefiend enabled you.

Babobab Cat. The enablers are too numerous and spread over too many years to mention.

Chacun Fait Son Nid. @Redbirdhermes got me interested in this design with her pictures of the blue one. When I saw the red on ebay, my eyes shot out of their sockets. Had to have it NOW and it was definitely over-priced.

Brides de Gala en Finesse.

Vallee de crystal. (all those pics on FW23 were strictly educational)

Legend of the Kuna People of Panama. Owned this previously, sold it, and bought back. It was a mistake for me the first time and it was still a mistake the second time. I usually like to make new mistakes instead of making the same one over again.

Fleurs de Lotus. Not shown. Sold it.

Les Flots du Cheval

Bandana
Madras Ex Libris @Cookiefiend has been enabling me on this one for years. One finally came my way.

Belles du Mexique

La Voie Lactee. I seriously lusted for the stole after seeing @Living.la.vida.fifi 's stole, but settled for the consolation of a gav until my holiest of grails comes to me.

My category for the Best Enablers includes @HermesEchidna @Redbirdhermes @Cookiefiend @Living.la.vida.fifi They make me hit BIN. The winner is Cookie for her years of enablement on Madras Ex Libris and her bank shot of enablement on Au Coeur de Vie. Fifi gets honorable mention for introducing me to my holiest of grails and launching what I expect to be a multi year seach.

When I started following SOTD again, I told myself I was here to improve my tying and styling skills. @LKBNOLA and @Marta_K have been Most Inspirational to me with their beautiful blouses and ties. I declare this category to be a tie (pun intended).

Category of Most Effortlessly Beautiful Selfies. @SilkCouture @Ashanti_Rose @Jereni @violetkool @GloWW0rM I am envious of each of you for your beautiful smiles and your comfort with the camera. I absolutely hate taking selfies and wish I had your magic. No winner can be picked because you are each incomparable.

Thank you to all who participate for your wonderful contributions.
Cordy - I hope this year will be better and I send you hugs. I’m thrilled you’ve found a Madras - it is such a fun bouncy scarf!
I remember when you first posted mod shots of Tulipomanie and someone asked which color were you going to choose? The first thought that came into my head was, “Oh, silly Scarfie, she’s keeping them all.” And, of course you did.

Thank you for all the mod shots that you post on this forum year after year, always so beautifully displayed. I nominate @Croisette7 and her Hermès scarf collection for the Lifetime Achievement Oscarf, and recommend that the Academy of Scarf Mistresses make it so.
I second this nomination!
Another post as running out of time. I just finally cleaned and ironed so wanted to wear it for my post :love:
Also an “ award for a dupe” and “my grailiest of grails toppest of tops lists of Oscarfs”
Anglais! 🥁
It is a dupe because I have two haha.
Story/ I said to myself..I am sick of losing out on cheaper than csgm chances to faster fingers. I am tired of waiting to even see if it’s “all that”. I just want to know if it’s “love” or not. So I bought it for a ridiculous price. I just HAD TO KNOW finally haha. Then weeks later I actually had the faster fingers in the west and got one for way under CuRrEnT retail. I haven’t figured out if I will keep as a back up or sell. I also want the red based one :shrugs: .
And to conclude …it was ALL THAT :drool:
View attachment 5924986
It is gorgeous!!
Yes!! Totally envy worthy post here. All magnificent. I’ll echo others in saying it’s all about your smile. And your ties are expert. I have been at this for years and I am not even 10% of your magnificent ties. And loved this peak behind the curtain into your thoughts too.

Awe great post and clever award. I always love seeing your pytheas.

Ooooo yes!! :happydance: . Love these greatest hits posts. All amazing additions. Noel wasn’t going to be one I was going to hunt due to prices, but am so glad one fell into lap. It’s wonderful

WOW wow. Another Oscarf worthy post. What a week to be able to see inside our fellow scarfie collections and thoughts.
This brodee is a real blue gem. And the silver glow. I can’t pick a favorite because they All are so amazing, but the broderie isn’t seen much so I am most smitten. And your matching orange ring w bal :loveeyes:

Oh I hate to hear about regrets. These absolutely look amazing on you. It was a smash hit for the season for sure. I hear you on the lighting problems

Goodness gracious great balls do fire 🔥 . I also here-here chant to the call of you being moussie queen. Amazing.

I just love that you have 6!! I will have 5 by the time I am done with this marvel. I’ll take second place any day to you croisette :love: .

Wow the colors in this are fantastic. And the hem.

This was an awesome tied design. I couldn’t get my hands on one myself. Congrsts

Woo hoo. Love your approach to the year. Totally worth it. I know you got some amazing designs this year in csgm.

Hope you feel better soon. And loved getting inside your silken head here too. All are so perfect on you.

Love it when it all works out. The best when it works so well with our complexion

So glad you got to wear bengale. It deserves to roar. And what a unique color of minerals

Oh it’s great to see the magic on the collage. And ditto to Mr cookie about cookie haha

So much to say. Glad to see you did some self care during a difficult year. Care giving is beyond taxing. You have accumulated quite a group. Congratulations! And what a thoughtful approach with recognizing where you got your lust from. Lovely

Haha laughed at your silly scarfie comment 🤣

And totally second your nomination for our @Croisette7
Thank you sweetie! But I am not the Queen… mebbe a Princess… bwahahaha!!! :lol:
View attachment 5925084

In 2023 I got 4 Carrés - Carnaval des Animaux, cosmpgraphia universalis, Les legendes de l‘arbe and Au Coeur de la vie (the last one was a very late entry and I haven’t yet had time to wear it)

I am very happy with my small collection so far since it allows me a good range of choices and complements my wardrobe. Very excited about what 2024 will bring.
Excellent choices, winners all!

Thank you to @Living.la.vida.fifi for this always amazing and wonderful week at the end of the year. Who doesn't love awards ceremonies? And the "Orange" Carpet? Most especially great when the Mistress of Ceremonies deserves an Oscarf of her own for Best Hosting and Best Collection and Best Mod Shots! And Oscarfs to everyone here who shared with so much generosity and humor and fun. The very best categories! With the very best examples! A huge end-of-the-scarf-year hat tip to all of Scarflandia for an Outstanding Show.
I am ending my Oscarfs with awards for the Autumn Winter 2023 Scarf Season. Of course I can't really even pick nominees because I am still getting to know these scarves, but I am going out on a limb and say, with complete confidence, that these would be my winners no matter what. Not least because I have already bought more than one of each design :eek:
Best Performing Artist in the 90 Silk Twill category for AW2023 goes to: Brandebourg Fleuris (04)
Brandebourg Fleuris (04)2.jpg
01:05:24.jpg
Best Performing Artist CSGM: Le Jaguar et Le Colibri
Le Jaguar et le Colibri (02).jpg
And the saffron Jaguar's blue sister shares the Oscarf and is my SOTD as well!
1:06.24.jpg

Thank you all for the warm welcome and kind comments! This thread is also going to be a lesson in advanced tpf-ing as I look back through for the instructions on how to multiquote reply. But it will be a happy search going back through the beautiful photos from the last few weeks.
No worries. You don't NEED to multi-quote! :P There are millions of emojis at the top of this text box.

@Redbirdhermes I second this 100%-- I say this as one who credits 60% of her collection to dear @Croisette7's beautiful photos and enticing mod shots!
View attachment 5925084

These are gorgeous @Jacq1 and so varied and well curated! I am super envious of your beautiful Legende de l'Arbre-- that is a beauty in that cw particularly.
RBH, you know me so well, dear! Thank you for your sweet proposal, but I think LKB deserves it.
:lol: Absolutely not! The only award I deserve is for the bravery of showing a full face mod shot on the day of my 70th birthday!!! Everyone here is so lovely and wonderful but you definitely have the Oscarf for most bookmarked photos in my Award Ceremony @Croisette7. :flowers: :heart:

There have been so many amazing Oscarfs given out this week! For today’s round, I’m going to do a few misc categories. Admittedly taking a few ideas from @Nomad and @Lellabelle here. All archive pics because I’m sick today and too vain to take mod shots when I don’t feel fabulous.

First, an Oscarf for Not on My Radar but Couldn’t Pass Up. Minuit Au Faubourg as a design was something I wanted, but my grail is a blue and orange one that I think @Croisette7 has. However, one day in the boutique the pop of aqua on this caught my eye and when I tried it on, I was completely charmed. Another great 70! Love this size so much.
View attachment 5924911

Second Oscarf is for Luckiest Random Score, which goes to Le Premier Chant in the orange and teal. I’d had this in my list for awhile and was figuring I would acquire it from the after-market since it’s older, but it occurred to me to ask my SA if any were left in the U.S. Not only were there some left, but my boutique had one (and only one) of the design in stock and it happened to be this cw! So exciting.
View attachment 5924913

Third is for Most Unexpected Colorway That Still Works, and I award this to Epaulettes de Gala. I am verrra hesitant about yellows bc most don’t work with my skin tone but this one seems to just fall into the safe zone, and I love the textures in the design.
View attachment 5924914

And lastly an Oscarf for Most Satisfying End of Hunt, which goes to my Douze Leopards shawl. I don’t know if I’d describe this as a true grail - it is definitely the cw of this design I wanted the most and was entirely gone from all H websites that I scoured. But it was listed on multiple aftermarket sites readily, just usually at inflated prices and with some wear / imperfections. So I was very happy to eventually find one listed for the same as retail, and in new condition with tags.
View attachment 5924915

Thanks for letting me share! Much love to you all, again I’m so grateful for this cheerful and friendly forum.
Oh, I remember you and this Epaulettes! It is fabulous. You're right - very special yellows that work beautifully with the rest of the scarf.

Oooh, well done. I have several unworn scarves - not QUITE 11 years, though - once we had a theme "Rip that tag off and wear it" ----

View attachment 5924975View attachment 5924982

CSGMs
Sangles en Zig Zag.
Clair de Lune (all those pics on FW23 were strictly educational)
Sieste au Paradis (Had it stretched for wall hanging omitting border)

Mousseline
Point d’Orgue.

90s
Au Coeur de Vie. @HermesEchidna This is a bank shot of enablement since @ Cookiefiend enabled you.

Babobab Cat. The enablers are too numerous and spread over too many years to mention.

Chacun Fait Son Nid. @Redbirdhermes got me interested in this design with her pictures of the blue one. When I saw the red on ebay, my eyes shot out of their sockets. Had to have it NOW and it was definitely over-priced.

Brides de Gala en Finesse.

Vallee de crystal. (all those pics on FW23 were strictly educational)

Legend of the Kuna People of Panama. Owned this previously, sold it, and bought back. It was a mistake for me the first time and it was still a mistake the second time. I usually like to make new mistakes instead of making the same one over again.

Fleurs de Lotus. Not shown. Sold it.

Les Flots du Cheval

Bandana
Madras Ex Libris @Cookiefiend has been enabling me on this one for years. One finally came my way.

Belles du Mexique

La Voie Lactee. I seriously lusted for the stole after seeing @Living.la.vida.fifi 's stole, but settled for the consolation of a gav until my holiest of grails comes to me.

My category for the Best Enablers includes @HermesEchidna @Redbirdhermes @Cookiefiend @Living.la.vida.fifi They make me hit BIN. The winner is Cookie for her years of enablement on Madras Ex Libris and her bank shot of enablement on Au Coeur de Vie. Fifi gets honorable mention for introducing me to my holiest of grails and launching what I expect to be a multi year seach.

When I started following SOTD again, I told myself I was here to improve my tying and styling skills. @LKBNOLA and @Marta_K have been Most Inspirational to me with their beautiful blouses and ties. I declare this category to be a tie (pun intended).

Category of Most Effortlessly Beautiful Selfies. @SilkCouture @Ashanti_Rose @Jereni @violetkool @GloWW0rM I am envious of each of you for your beautiful smiles and your comfort with the camera. I absolutely hate taking selfies and wish I had your magic. No winner can be picked because you are each incomparable.

Thank you to all who participate for your wonderful contributions.
Sounds like you get an Oscarf for Lifetime Achievement - getting through this year. So sorry it was horrible. But adding scarves rather than pounds - WELL DONE! Health is the best prize of all.

Thank you to @Living.la.vida.fifi for this always amazing and wonderful week at the end of the year. Who doesn't love awards ceremonies? And the "Orange" Carpet? Most especially great when the Mistress of Ceremonies deserves an Oscarf of her own for Best Hosting and Best Collection and Best Mod Shots! And Oscarfs to everyone here who shared with so much generosity and humor and fun. The very best categories! With the very best examples! A huge end-of-the-scarf-year hat tip to all of Scarflandia for an Outstanding Show.
I am ending my Oscarfs with awards for the Autumn Winter 2023 Scarf Season. Of course I can't really even pick nominees because I am still getting to know these scarves, but I am going out on a limb and say, with complete confidence, that these would be my winners no matter what. Not least because I have already bought more than one of each design :eek:
Best Performing Artist in the 90 Silk Twill category for AW2023 goes to: Brandebourg Fleuris (04)
View attachment 5925017
View attachment 5925023
Best Performing Artist CSGM: Le Jaguar et Le Colibri
View attachment 5925022
And the saffron Jaguar's blue sister shares the Oscarf and is my SOTD as well!
View attachment 5925110
Très, très chic, LKB!

Reactions: Maedi
For the last day of Oscarf week, like others have done, I want to give out Oscarfs to lovely members of Scarflandia who have helped and inspired me in my journey last year!!!

First Inspiration Oscarf goes to the amazing @LKBNOLA, which is probably a surprise to no one. Where would we be without her???? My own Ye Most Magical Scarf Cabinet would have fewer residents that’s for sure. LKB inspired me this year on Animapolis, Costume de Fete, Hermes Factory (all of which are in my favorites list), my Lanternes 90, my Parade en Fanfare gavroche, and many many others. And she has been so kind to chat with me many times on the side and give advice. Thank you LKB!!!
IMG_6789.jpeg

Second Oscarf for Inspiration goes to @Nomad. Nomad’s photo of Cosmographia instantly clued me as to the fact that it would be the right cw for me, whereas previously I had not considered it, and her amazing pink/orange Animapolis left me with heart eyes. Also a great source of advice on the side and willingness to help making hard choices. Nomad you are the best!
IMG_7179.jpeg

Third Oscarf goes to @Marta_K who in a single post ensured that I went out and pulled the trigger on both En Liberte and L’Epopee. Her stylings and mod shots in general are also always so masterfully done. Amazing stuff Marta!
IMG_8080.jpeg

Fourth inspirational Oscarf is for @EtsyBoss who helped complete my life earlier this year by pointing out the Canada Lynx on Alice Shirley’s Into the Canadian Wild. And her beautiful shot of the red Dans in Jardin Anglais also convinced me to pull the trigger on that and man is it ever gorgeous. Thank you EtsyBoss!
IMG_8493.jpeg

I also want to thank @redheaddem @Living.la.vida.fifi @SilkCouture @GloWW0rM @Cookiefiend @Lellabelle @Ashanti_Rose @Cordeliere who have all shared amazing inspirational mod shots, provided me advice at various points, or occasionally given me a heads up on a scarf of interest - thank you!!!! You are all rockstars!

Status
Not open for further replies.