Scarves Scarf of The Day 2023- Which Hermès scarf are you wearing today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
More Moussies today! :party:

The Oscarf for most Amazing Update of a Classic and Beloved Design:
Jungle Love Stamped. Holy moly - I love this!
View attachment 5924643
The Oscarf for Pretty in Pink goes to Offerandes d’un Jour
View attachment 5924645
The Oscarf for Another Astonishing Changeant goes to:
Aux Portes du Palais - wearing today!
View attachment 5924644
I just keeled over and fainted dead away--- you are definitely getting the Oscarf for Most Beautiful Moussie Collection @Cookiefiend. Twins on JL, which is a a marvel I agree, sisters on Offrrandes but the pink is TDF and I am now adding a moody changeant moussie to my wish list-- that Aux Portes is stunning...

I’ve been enjoying watching the show - sorry I haven’t contributed more. I do have more nominees, but keep trying to find time to get some mod shots! I’ve also been bookmarking some of your posts I want to respond to/comment on - but this week has been insane!!! So for now, just a quick note to say, I’m watching and loving it all!!! (And making notes!!!)

Quickie SOTD - All Aboard!

IMG_5360.jpeg

Thank you all for the warm welcome and kind comments! This thread is also going to be a lesson in advanced tpf-ing as I look back through for the instructions on how to multiquote reply. But it will be a happy search going back through the beautiful photos from the last few weeks.
Just hit the “+ Quote“ button at the bottom of the post to quote the whole post, or, you can select just the text you want to quote by highlighting it, then hitting the “+ Quote“ button.

When you’re ready to use them, just hit the “Insert quotes” button at the bottom of the reply box. You can change the order by dragging them up or down your saved list. You can only insert them all at once, though you can delete the ones you don’t want to use. You have to add new quotes to use the feature again.

Voilà! You’re good to go! ;)

Oh my, the colours of Aux Portes are breathtaking, Cookie! Major congrats,:heart::heart::heart:
Thank you so much!
I just keeled over and fainted dead away--- you are definitely getting the Oscarf for Most Beautiful Moussie Collection @Cookiefiend. Twins on JL, which is a a marvel I agree, sisters on Offrrandes but the pink is TDF and I am now adding a moody changeant moussie to my wish list-- that Aux Portes is stunning...
Awww - thank you! The colorway is Azur Sable (something like that), it is SO easy to wear!
I’ve been enjoying watching the show - sorry I haven’t contributed more. I do have more nominees, but keep trying to find time to get some mod shots! I’ve also been bookmarking some of your posts I want to respond to/comment on - but this week has been insane!!! So for now, just a quick note to say, I’m watching and loving it all!!! (And making notes!!!)

View attachment 5924698
Super cute!

Reactions: Croisette7
Dear Scarfies,
Thank you for all the love and cheer you’ve showered on my scarves!! It’s always a highlight to see your chic photos and read your engaging comments each day. I’m grateful for the inspiration you provide and for encouraging my growing scarf collection! Delighted to be part of this special group. :flowers:

I have serious scarf envy! Your collection is beautifully diverse.

I would have NEVER guessed you got your first scarf in 2023 @SilkCouture! You have such a stunning and diverse collection and knotting skills too :loveeyes: Looking forward to seeing your marvelous acquisitions (and smile!) in 2024😊
(and thank you for your sweet comment on my GTN)

@SilkCouture what an excellent foray into H scarves! So many amazing grails and your tips are always so beautifully tailored
Ok, I have to echo the astonishment of every scarfie here that you have accomplished all this since May @SilkCouture! Just amazing-- truly spectacular, in fact. I nominate you for the Oscarf for Warp Speed Grail Gathering, Best Supporting Styling and a Special Effects Lighting Award for Radiant Smile. Delighted to be twins on the PdS (12) and Jaguar Quetzal.

Your mod shots are fabulous! I love how you pick jewelry and tops for all of your scarves - everything is sooo appropriate and tasteful, the knots are perfectly executed - all around five star! And have I mention that you look beautiful in all of them (perfect hair, beautiful make-up, ever present smile). I love looking at your mod shots and they are an inspiration to me - and I have picked up a few knotting ideas from you too! Please, please keep them coming!

Each and everyone is amazing on you, your happy smile is the finishing touch!
I am nominating you for the Oscarf of Most Astonishing Collection Amassed in ONE Year! :party:

Hey @piperdog , I've got a tip for commenting on multiple posts. Here's an alternative method: Instead of posting a reply right away, click 'reply' under the post you want to respond to and start typing your comment. But, don't post it immediately. Go on to click 'reply' under each additional post you wish to include. This action will create a 'multi-quote,' compiling a single draft that responds to all these posts simultaneously. It's a handy way to manage multiple responses in one go.

Just hit the “+ Quote“ button at the bottom of the post to quote the whole post, or, you can select just the text you want to quote by highlighting it, then hitting the “+ Quote“ button.

When you’re ready to use them, just hit the “Insert quotes” button at the bottom of the reply box. You can change the order by dragging them up or down your saved list. You can only insert them all at once, though you can delete the ones you don’t want to use. You have to add new quotes to use the feature again.

Voilà! You’re good to go! ;)

You can wear different colour families so well, Croisette7. You look stunning in them!
TYSM @bunnycat aka My Pareo Muse @Lellabelle (does MrBelle have any available brothers???) @Nomad to whom I owe a DM @Marta_K @paula24jen (I see TP twillies everywhere and am happy to DM you both when I see them if you wish!) @Jereni whose scarf drawer overlaps significantly with mine

Beautiful silks @HermesEchidna and love what you do with CdA rings!

Delighted to twin with you on anything @Croisette7 and I am not only wowed by your GTNs but that super cool bracelet in the last photo… wherever did you find that??!!

Love this design as well @Jacq1 and I too inadvertently got a dupe 😥

Ermagerd! @LKBNOLA you truly had a spectacular year! You and @Living.la.vida.fifi are making me reallllly want that CS!

@ninakt i die :faint:
Snausages thank so much for your very kind offer - yes, please !
SOTD - all 30 minutes of my video call day, then it was back to lounge wear sans scarf. Carre en Carre my second cw.
Foxi trini, I love the whole outfit! Your CW of Carre en Carres is very elegant. I am your sister on CeC, mine is the autumny brown-green-red one
In reviewing my purchases from A/W 2023 I discovered that this was the season of the twilly. I purchased the fewest new 90 scarves from this season since I began collecting Hermes scarves. But my twilly collection doubled.

The nominees for Best Twilly of A/W 2023 are:

Ex-Libris Marble Silk

View attachment 5923188

Super Silk Quest (shown with Planifleurs)

View attachment 5923189

Parade et Fanfare CW01

View attachment 5923190

Mille et Un Lapins

View attachment 5923192

I am introducing my Parade et Fanfare twilly in CW01 as my scarf of the day and the Oscarf winner for Best Twilly of A/W 2023. :flowers: Apologies for the late photo today, but days are short now here in the North.

View attachment 5924071
Twillies are the best! Work well as a pop of colour with formal suits, fit perfectly casual outfits, can be worn even on a hot summer day - I love them. What lovely choices you made this year. Marble ex libris is my favourite :smile:

Like many of you, when I thought of “Oscarf” I thought of Tulipomanie! I have the white one as well, but immediately thought specifically of this happy bright orange version.

View attachment 5924146

It was cold on the deck when I took the photo - there were even a few flakes of snow just for a few moments there! Enter the shawl I ordered in December (but just received). I’m not sure if it’s eligible for an Oscarf but if so, I’m pretty sure it wins in the Best Colorway for Me, Pretty Much Ever category!
View attachment 5924150
It makes you glow, @Teaforparrots, and has amazing colours- an Oscarf winner for sure, there's no two ways about it :yes:Great earrings, too
“Sublime” is the only fitting word that comes to mind… Sigh…

Welcome to SOTD! Great post and I hope you will join us again soon! Kuna is one of my a treasured designs, and yours is an amazing CW

It’s such a great design and, that deer family is just precious!

Such delightful, soft beauties! La Voliere’s jacquard is exquisite

Oh, but yours is also a dream!

A striking design and so beautifully presented

It is fantastic!

An amazing post from top to bottom… Congrats on owning these fabulous silks… The Into the Canadian Wild blew me away

It is marvelous and you wear it so well!

It is fabulous

Agree… It is such a striking design! Perhaps I should’ve added another CW… Yours are divine!

Oh you style them all masterfully! Love each one, but especially the Leonhardi on which we twin and is my favorite 70cm of them all… But that Madison Party gets me every time

They are fabulous silks

Such a striking design and each of these CWs had a completely different vibe

Agree that it is an amazing design… So glad you found this onw!

What an amazing post! Your three Grails are magnificent! Loving your Oscarfs categories! That Chorus Stellarum in “our” CW is a gem!

Ohmigosh Congrats! Simply amazing finds!

Styled to perfection

Such a delightful design and so beautiful on you!

It is such a great one!

Sigh! My heart is with the moussies as well and these are incredible!

Oh my! All three are amazing! You wear them beautifully

Great one!

Live them all on you, but must say that my fav is the Parade en Fanfare.
This is such a great design that it shines in every CW and every format, but you chose well with this striking CW

Agree with you about Tulipomanie… I find myself staring at it from time to time. Adore your CW and that shawl is glorious!
So nice of you, @Living.la.vida.fifi, thank you !
Dear Scarfies, This year has been like a roller coaster in a teenager’s first love drama series. It kicked off with a first purchase in May, reminding me of that awkward but unforgettable first kiss. Since then, my scarf collection has grown frenetically. I hope my love for scarves matures soon for the sake of my wallet 😆. Initially, I was quite apprehensive about venturing into the second-hand market. But now, like many of you, I find myself eagerly checking my saved searches daily, always on the lookout for that next unique find. Of all the special items I’ve brought home this year from the resale market, there are a few that stand out, capturing my heart more than the rest. These scarves, which I’m happy to share with you, are my personal Oscarf nominees for Best Sound. Each one, upon its debut around my neck, unleashed a series of magical ‘WOWs’ out of pure admiration and excitement 🥰

I'm missing some other special ones, but since I'm traveling, I'm sharing these from the archives.

Turandot
View attachment 5923605
Dans Un Jardín Anglais
View attachment 5923607
Dans un Jardin Anglais
View attachment 5924317
Aux Portes du Palais
View attachment 5923475
Le Pégase d’Hermès
View attachment 5923476
Jardins d’Hiver
View attachment 5923479
Le Jardin de la Maharani
View attachment 5923478
Parures de Samouraïs
View attachment 5923477
Parures de Samouraïs
View attachment 5923606
Rocabar CSGM
View attachment 5923773
La Cita Cavaliere
View attachment 5923774
Jaguar Quetzal
View attachment 5924328
How ever did you manage this in one year, dear? So many legendary designs, plus the knotting skills - respect :smile: And your radiant smile- a cherry on top!

Dear Scarfies, This year has been like a roller coaster in a teenager’s first love drama series. It kicked off with a first purchase in May, reminding me of that awkward but unforgettable first kiss. Since then, my scarf collection has grown frenetically. I hope my love for scarves matures soon for the sake of my wallet 😆. Initially, I was quite apprehensive about venturing into the second-hand market. But now, like many of you, I find myself eagerly checking my saved searches daily, always on the lookout for that next unique find. Of all the special items I’ve brought home this year from the resale market, there are a few that stand out, capturing my heart more than the rest. These scarves, which I’m happy to share with you, are my personal Oscarf nominees for Best Sound. Each one, upon its debut around my neck, unleashed a series of magical ‘WOWs’ out of pure admiration and excitement 🥰

I'm missing some other special ones, but since I'm traveling, I'm sharing these from the archives.

Turandot
View attachment 5923605
Dans Un Jardín Anglais
View attachment 5923607
Dans un Jardin Anglais
View attachment 5924317
Aux Portes du Palais
View attachment 5923475
Le Pégase d’Hermès
View attachment 5923476
Jardins d’Hiver
View attachment 5923479
Le Jardin de la Maharani
View attachment 5923478
Parures de Samouraïs
View attachment 5923477
Parures de Samouraïs
View attachment 5923606
Rocabar CSGM
View attachment 5923773
La Cita Cavaliere
View attachment 5923774
Jaguar Quetzal
View attachment 5924328

All of these are so beautiful and so expertly knotted! I’m so jealous of that black DuJA!!! It’s exquisite.

Nearing the end of this wonderful week, it is time for my Oscarf Awards for the year's new season scarves. The nominees for Best Actress in a Starring Role in 90 Silk Twill for the Spring Summer Season 2023 are:
Legende Brodee, the most stunning blues; Cheval Mirage, a striking design; Costume de Fete, a folkloric wonder
View attachment 5924239View attachment 5924441View attachment 5924245
And the winner is ... Tulipomanie! This is my third colorway of this magnificent design. While I do own other multiples, I have never before this season bought three of any one design at one time! I was utterly captivated by the beauty of Aline Honore's amazing artistry.
View attachment 5924440
And the nominees for Best Actor in a Cashmere Silk Production for this season:
Most Vibrant CSGM: Rayures d'Ete; Loveliest Landscape: Retour a la Nature; Best Boat Ride: Ferry Tales
View attachment 5924251View attachment 5924255View attachment 5924263
And the winner for Outstanding Performance goes to the CSGT Bal de Soie, the most delightful composite scarf!
View attachment 5924259

Gorgeous selections. That cw of Cheval Sirene is so luscious on you, and twins on CdF obv. Love that Retour on you!

And now for my Oscarf for best Fall Winter 23 design:

La Vallée de Cristal 🦄

I bought the green and silver colorways and already regret returning the pink and orange ones… this design did not speak to me much when I first saw it but I love the vibrant colours and the easy way this design ties.

Because of the bad lighting nowadays I am posting archive shots ( and I did remove the tag since then 😊)

( I still hope to see this design pop up one the sites worldwide for those that did not manage to order it yet)

View attachment 5924593View attachment 5924594

Very very beautiful!!! So many fun colors esp in that second one.

• Love
Reactions: redheaddem
Thank you all for the warm welcome and kind comments! This thread is also going to be a lesson in advanced tpf-ing as I look back through for the instructions on how to multiquote reply. But it will be a happy search going back through the beautiful photos from the last few weeks.
Piperdog, I personally find the way to multiquote which @SilkCouture described to be the easiest one too.

Here's another tip. It took me literally half a year to get it:facepalm: To be fair, I'm seriously technically challenged, as my lovely teenage son never ceases to point out, and TPF is the only internet community/platform I participate in (no Facebook, IG etc)
So perhaps it is unnecessary, but here it goes: how to mention somebody in your post in such a way that they get notified about it? Easy peasy: just write their forum name and then write "@" in front of the name.

Lookit lookit! ;) It's Les Sangles. Apparently not in particular demand on the resale market - I saw a couple in this colorway at reasonable prices. Which is great for me!! When it's fully unfurled it's BRIGHT but you know I like it like that ;)
Well done, Teaforparrots! Your CW is so flattering and the fabric in Les Sangles CSGM is of really high quality ( I am your sister on this shawl).
More Moussies today! :party:

The Oscarf for most Amazing Update of a Classic and Beloved Design:
Jungle Love Stamped. Holy moly - I love this!
View attachment 5924643
The Oscarf for Pretty in Pink goes to Offerandes d’un Jour
View attachment 5924645
The Oscarf for Another Astonishing Changeant goes to:
Aux Portes du Palais - wearing today!
All three so fabulous!

“Sublime” is the only fitting word that comes to mind… Sigh…
What an amazing post! Your three Grails are magnificent! Loving your Oscarfs categories! That Chorus Stellarum in “our” CW is a gem.
Thank you @Living.la.vida.fifi!
Dear LKB - I also got a second Tulipomanie (the white one, but the bright version) and I would agree - it is a beautiful scarf, and probably one of the stand out designs for H. It suits you so well in all of its CWs!
Thank you. When I came home with it and could not stop staring at it I knew it reminded me of something and then it hit me! My Anna Weatherley Old Master Tulip mug! I can totally see you in that vibrant white one @Ashanti_Rose!
Tulipomanie.jpg
And now for my Oscarf for best Fall Winter 23 design:

La Vallée de Cristal 🦄

I bought the green and silver colorways and already regret returning the pink and orange ones… this design did not speak to me much when I first saw it but I love the vibrant colours and the easy way this design ties.

Because of the bad lighting nowadays I am posting archive shots ( and I did remove the tag since then 😊)

( I still hope to see this design pop up one the sites worldwide for those that did not manage to order it yet)

View attachment 5924593View attachment 5924594
Oh @redheaddem-- these are so lovely on you and I do think you should run and get the (02) pink unicorn/warm toned one right away! Definitely an Oscarf worthy piece.
What wonderful birthday gifts, love all of them! Amd your Zouaves is outstanding, LKB!
Fabulousity, LKB! Love them all!
Fantastic nominees! Your Tulipomanie is my favorite colorway - so tempting!!
Thank you both @Croisette7 and @Cookiefiend and I know Croisette would agree that. you *need* that grey/yellow Tulipomanie in your life Cookiefiend!

View attachment 5924698
This is fantastic-- what a great color! I am on Bandana Ban Island but this one is whispering a siren song @Mary Ann G!
Gorgeous selections. That cw of Cheval Sirene is so luscious on you, and twins on CdF obv. Love that Retour on you!
Thank you @Jereni-- so lovely to hear....

Status
Not open for further replies.