Scarves Scarf of The Day 2023- Which Hermès scarf are you wearing today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
2023 was the most stressful year in my many-year life. I became a caregiver and had zero time for myself. I could have used emotional eating to cope, but shockingly, pounds fell off me. Instead, I used “emotional scarfing” to deal with the stress. In 2023, I bought 15 scarves, purchasing most of them between August and November. Looking at scarves was pleasurable, could be done in bed, and required no energy. Who can look and not buy? Not me. BIN became my best friend. At the end of the year, I had lost 13 pounds and bought 15 scarves. 15 scarves seems like a ridiculous number, since I had my collection stabilized at about 45 scarves for the last 4 years. Still, I am much happier to have ended the year with 15 more scarves, rather than 15 more pounds.

As I share my purchases, I would like to mention those who enabled me. My definition of being enabled is (1) having my lust for a scarf stirred up by modeling shots when I had previously not been dying for said scarf; or (2) seeing a scarf, colorway, or format, that I was previously not aware of, which after seeing, I must have NOW. My definition of enabling is totally related to uncontrollable surges in lust. In some cases, SOTD merely informed my choices. In other cases, SOTD created those irresistible silk lust surges.

Here are my 2023 purchases with acknowledgement of the enablers.

View attachment 5924975View attachment 5924982

CSGMs
Sangles en Zig Zag.
Clair de Lune (all those pics on FW23 were strictly educational)
Sieste au Paradis (Had it stretched for wall hanging omitting border)

Mousseline
Point d’Orgue.

90s
Au Coeur de Vie. @HermesEchidna This is a bank shot of enablement since @ Cookiefiend enabled you.

Babobab Cat. The enablers are too numerous and spread over too many years to mention.

Chacun Fait Son Nid. @Redbirdhermes got me interested in this design with her pictures of the blue one. When I saw the red on ebay, my eyes shot out of their sockets. Had to have it NOW and it was definitely over-priced.

Brides de Gala en Finesse.

Vallee de crystal. (all those pics on FW23 were strictly educational)

Legend of the Kuna People of Panama. Owned this previously, sold it, and bought back. It was a mistake for me the first time and it was still a mistake the second time. I usually like to make new mistakes instead of making the same one over again.

Fleurs de Lotus. Not shown. Sold it.

Les Flots du Cheval

Bandana
Madras Ex Libris @Cookiefiend has been enabling me on this one for years. One finally came my way.

Belles du Mexique

La Voie Lactee. I seriously lusted for the stole after seeing @Living.la.vida.fifi 's stole, but settled for the consolation of a gav until my holiest of grails comes to me.

My category for the Best Enablers includes @HermesEchidna @Redbirdhermes @Cookiefiend @Living.la.vida.fifi They make me hit BIN. The winner is Cookie for her years of enablement on Madras Ex Libris and her bank shot of enablement on Au Coeur de Vie. Fifi gets honorable mention for introducing me to my holiest of grails and launching what I expect to be a multi year seach.

When I started following SOTD again, I told myself I was here to improve my tying and styling skills. @LKBNOLA and @Marta_K have been Most Inspirational to me with their beautiful blouses and ties. I declare this category to be a tie (pun intended).

Category of Most Effortlessly Beautiful Selfies. @SilkCouture @Ashanti_Rose @Jereni @violetkool @GloWW0rM I am envious of each of you for your beautiful smiles and your comfort with the camera. I absolutely hate taking selfies and wish I had your magic. No winner can be picked because you are each incomparable.

Thank you to all who participate for your wonderful contributions.
Dear @Cordeliere, thank you so much for your kind nomination - very flattered and grateful for your kindness! I hope 2024 will be less stressful but just as plentiful in scarves as I love all of your acquisitions! I am twins and cousins with you on some of them (Claire, Vallee, Baobab, Au Couer, even Flots du Cheval (which drapes wonderfully!). But your CW of Sieste is absolutely out of this world - what a glorious work of art it is! Congratulations on finding this beauty!

Your post also strked a cord - how "scarfing" could be a de-stress factor and allow one even a temporary escape into the world of beauty, laughter and kindness. Wishing you many more opportunities to knot and wear your beautiful scarves!

@Redbirdhermes I second this 100%-- I say this as one who credits 60% of her collection to dear @Croisette7's beautiful photos and enticing mod shots!

These are gorgeous @Jacq1 and so varied and well curated! I am super envious of your beautiful Legende de l'Arbre-- that is a beauty in that cw particularly.

:lol: Absolutely not! The only award I deserve is for the bravery of showing a full face mod shot on the day of my 70th birthday!!! Everyone here is so lovely and wonderful but you definitely have the Oscarf for most bookmarked photos in my Award Ceremony @Croisette7. :flowers: :heart:
I second the nominations for both @Croisette7 and @LKBNOLA - both of you, ladies! Your are an encyclopedia of Scarflandia and influence many scarfing souls with your magic wands - Croissete with her vast collection and LKB with her superb origami knotting skills (I think LKB can make a paper towel look splendid,...:smile:

It IS the best bunny scarf!! They are so frisky

Awesome! Is this a 100? No way a 140? If so bravo on the

swooning. That bagatelle :faint: . And too funny with the petting scarf for Saturday lol

Wonderful post to showcase the H color magic. That etoffe also made it on my list when our lovely @SilkCouture showcased hers. I am sure we were both deciding on the same one online haha. It is gorg in your peach backround. And Maron glace that season was an amazing color. And against that blue 😗

@Foxy trini i thought I quoted you. Carre en carre ties like a dream for sure
Robocabar is a men’s 100.

• Thanks
Reactions: Nomad and Snausages
What a year it has been! I am glad I was able to join you all on your silky adventures and am so appreciative of everyone's posts, ideas, comments and enablements.

Without further ado, my Oscarfs 2023:

Boldest Colors
Joining the Tulipomanie love, this was my boldest choice this past year

yollow tulip.jpg

Most Delicate
For good measure, balancing it out with an ethereal version
white grey tulip.jpg

Most Surprising Contrast Hem
I still don't know how I didn't catch in any of the mod shots that this has a caramel contrast hem. I own absolutely nothing in caramel, yet the design is beautiful, so here we are.

jungle love mouss.jpg

Most Attempts
I was excited to find this on a resale site listed as "never worn". Unfortunately, I learned that you apparently CAN never wear a scarf and still get some big stains and pulls on it. I was able to return it, so back it went.

Later in the year, I found another, in much better condition. Many thanks to @Redbirdhermes for the very kind help and advice with this purchase.

leopardes mouss.jpg

Most similar CWs
It came up on one of the seasonal threads recently that Hermes sometimes recycles color combinations. Here is an example of almost the same colors a few scarf-generations apart.

mahar unicorn.jpg

Favorite backfill
I dithered too long when this first came out and am glad I found this CW after-sale this past year. One of my favorite finds of 2023.
Ombre Pivoine.jpg

Thank you all for a great year, for sharing your marvelous and hilarious Oscarfs, and may you all have many delightful scarf adventures in 2024.

Many thanks to @Living.la.vida.fifi, our scarf hostess for the week. My final Oscarf for 2023 goes to a long wished for scarf that entered the collection at the very end of 2023, and is therefore making its debut appearance today.

Some designs receive special notice from Hermès and are widely promoted in their advertising. Such is the case with today's scarf which, among other things, graced the cover of the Le Carre booklet for the Hermès Fall Winter 2015 collection.

Fall2015Booklet.jpg

I had picked up a Sieste au Paradis in the silk 140 format during 2022, and found it to be stunningly beautiful. It had taken me a while, but when I put it on, then I truly fell for this design.

20230108_111542.jpg

But, I wear the 90 so much more often. So I was delighted to find a 90 in CW14, bleu/vert/corail, the "Cover Scarf" of F/W 2015. This colorway was so familiar to me, and I think it is quite special.

20240106_102226.jpg

My final Oscarf of 2023 goes to Sieste au Paradis, my scarf of the day, and the well-deserved Oscarf "Cover Scarf" winner.

20240106_103247.jpg

Oooof - this was a very active week and missing a day is overwhelming!

@Redbirdhermes you have such an amazing collection! Wowed that you found not one but two Photosyntheses, and I am now hunting a Bain!

@LKBNOLA you wear so many colors and styles with equal aplomb and your knots are perfection! Those Jaguars :woot:The Fantaisie Etriers you and @Living.la.vida.fifi and @mktlim and @Maedi model has me on the lookout. And if you ever tire of your Rayures…

@redheaddem both Cristals are stunning!

@Cookiefiend your moussies are beyond compare and those changeants have me absolutely swooning :faint:

@Croisette7 words defy my visceral response to your mod shots! Your style is impeccable!

@Mary Ann G all aboard indeed! Looking forward to more postings this year

@Ashanti_Rose your Sieste shawl is the one I seek!

@Marta_K that Pirouette is so elegant and I never realized how colorful it is!

@Jereni most excellent award categories! And that DUJA!!!

@Cordeliere i relate so well. Nothing has impacted Ye Olde Scarf Drawer more than the years I spent caring for my parents (alas I added pounds as well as silk - thank heavens scarves always fit!). Your additions are gorgeous!

@Nomad wonderful designs to dupe! Yes DUJA is beyond dupe-worthy! Is your second colorway the white? If so and you want to rehome it :drinks: (And I think you can control the size of photos when you are adding - at least on the iPhone there is a link on the bottom left for Options that lets you choose a size as well as turning off location data)

@Jacq1 beautiful additions and I admire your self control

What a year it has been! I am glad I was able to join you all on your silky adventures and am so appreciative of everyone's posts, ideas, comments and enablements.

Without further ado, my Oscarfs 2023:

Boldest Colors
Joining the Tulipomanie love, this was my boldest choice this past year

View attachment 5925198

Most Delicate
For good measure, balancing it out with an ethereal version
View attachment 5925204

Most Surprising Contrast Hem
I still don't know how I didn't catch in any of the mod shots that this has a caramel contrast hem. I own absolutely nothing in caramel, yet the design is beautiful, so here we are.

View attachment 5925187

Most Attempts
I was excited to find this on a resale site listed as "never worn". Unfortunately, I learned that you apparently CAN never wear a scarf and still get some big stains and pulls on it. I was able to return it, so back it went.

Later in the year, I found another, in much better condition. Many thanks to @Redbirdhermes for the very kind help and advice with this purchase.

View attachment 5925186

Most similar CWs
It came up on one of the seasonal threads recently that Hermes sometimes recycles color combinations. Here is an example of almost the same colors a few scarf-generations apart.

View attachment 5925207

Favorite backfill
I dithered too long when this first came out and am glad I found this CW after-sale this past year. One of my favorite finds of 2023.
View attachment 5925191

Thank you all for a great year, for sharing your marvelous and hilarious Oscarfs, and may you all have many delightful scarf adventures in 2024.
Wonderful categories and superb selections!
Many thanks to @Living.la.vida.fifi, our scarf hostess for the week. My final Oscarf for 2023 goes to a long wished for scarf that entered the collection at the very end of 2023, and is therefore making its debut appearance today.

Some designs receive special notice from Hermès and are widely promoted in their advertising. Such is the case with today's scarf which, among other things, graced the cover of the Le Carre booklet for the Hermès Fall Winter 2015 collection.

View attachment 5925229

I had picked up a Sieste au Paradis in the silk 140 format during 2022, and found it to be stunningly beautiful. It had taken me a while, but when I put it on, then I truly fell for this design.

View attachment 5925232

But, I wear the 90 so much more often. So I was delighted to find a 90 in CW14, bleu/vert/corail, the "Cover Scarf" of F/W 2015. This colorway was so familiar to me, and I think it is quite special.

View attachment 5925231

My final Oscarf of 2023 goes to Sieste au Paradis, my scarf of the day, and the well-deserved Oscarf "Cover Scarf" winner.

View attachment 5925230
Holy cow that 140!!!!!
SOTD, newish purchase this year. Fleurs et Papillons de Tissus.
View attachment 5925257
Wonderful addition and always a beautiful brooch to accompany

Like many of you, when I thought of “Oscarf” I thought of Tulipomanie! I have the white one as well, but immediately thought specifically of this happy bright orange version.

View attachment 5924146

It was cold on the deck when I took the photo - there were even a few flakes of snow just for a few moments there! Enter the shawl I ordered in December (but just received). I’m not sure if it’s eligible for an Oscarf but if so, I’m pretty sure it wins in the Best Colorway for Me, Pretty Much Ever category!
View attachment 5924150
Both quite different to each other yet equally glorious on you :heart:

• Thanks
Reactions: Teaforparrots
Dear Scarfies, This year has been like a roller coaster in a teenager’s first love drama series. It kicked off with a first purchase in May, reminding me of that awkward but unforgettable first kiss. Since then, my scarf collection has grown frenetically. I hope my love for scarves matures soon for the sake of my wallet 😆. Initially, I was quite apprehensive about venturing into the second-hand market. But now, like many of you, I find myself eagerly checking my saved searches daily, always on the lookout for that next unique find. Of all the special items I’ve brought home this year from the resale market, there are a few that stand out, capturing my heart more than the rest. These scarves, which I’m happy to share with you, are my personal Oscarf nominees for Best Sound. Each one, upon its debut around my neck, unleashed a series of magical ‘WOWs’ out of pure admiration and excitement 🥰

I'm missing some other special ones, but since I'm traveling, I'm sharing these from the archives.

Turandot
View attachment 5923605
Dans Un Jardín Anglais
View attachment 5923607
Dans un Jardin Anglais
View attachment 5924317
Aux Portes du Palais
View attachment 5923475
Le Pégase d’Hermès
View attachment 5923476
Jardins d’Hiver
View attachment 5923479
Le Jardin de la Maharani
View attachment 5923478
Parures de Samouraïs
View attachment 5923477
Parures de Samouraïs
View attachment 5923606
Rocabar CSGM
View attachment 5923773
La Cita Cavaliere
View attachment 5923774
Jaguar Quetzal
View attachment 5924328

Wonderful selection @SilkCouture! I love your Dans un Jardin Anglais and your Jaguar Quetzal! You always pick the best colourways.

Happy Friday, dear scarflandians!
I have been on a Format Correction Quest last year trying to let go of 90s in favour of large formats. Two CSGMs that were a result of this exercise are worth Oscarfs for Best Format Correction; they quickly got on “My Favorites” menu - Sieste au Paradis and Appaloosa. Having said that, I am refusing to tally my “shame” total - I think it is best that I live in denial:smile:

Happy weekend, everyone!
View attachment 5924886
View attachment 5924888

You are really the CSGM Queen @Ashanti_Rose!
There have been so many amazing Oscarfs given out this week! For today’s round, I’m going to do a few misc categories. Admittedly taking a few ideas from @Nomad and @Lellabelle here. All archive pics because I’m sick today and too vain to take mod shots when I don’t feel fabulous.

First, an Oscarf for Not on My Radar but Couldn’t Pass Up. Minuit Au Faubourg as a design was something I wanted, but my grail is a blue and orange one that I think @Croisette7 has. However, one day in the boutique the pop of aqua on this caught my eye and when I tried it on, I was completely charmed. Another great 70! Love this size so much.
View attachment 5924911

Second Oscarf is for Luckiest Random Score, which goes to Le Premier Chant in the orange and teal. I’d had this in my list for awhile and was figuring I would acquire it from the after-market since it’s older, but it occurred to me to ask my SA if any were left in the U.S. Not only were there some left, but my boutique had one (and only one) of the design in stock and it happened to be this cw! So exciting.
View attachment 5924913

Third is for Most Unexpected Colorway That Still Works, and I award this to Epaulettes de Gala. I am verrra hesitant about yellows bc most don’t work with my skin tone but this one seems to just fall into the safe zone, and I love the textures in the design.
View attachment 5924914

And lastly an Oscarf for Most Satisfying End of Hunt, which goes to my Douze Leopards shawl. I don’t know if I’d describe this as a true grail - it is definitely the cw of this design I wanted the most and was entirely gone from all H websites that I scoured. But it was listed on multiple aftermarket sites readily, just usually at inflated prices and with some wear / imperfections. So I was very happy to eventually find one listed for the same as retail, and in new condition with tags.
View attachment 5924915

Thanks for letting me share! Much love to you all, again I’m so grateful for this cheerful and friendly forum.

Congratulations @Jereni on these! All are wonderful on you! you have a real talent for picking the best cw for you.

Hello Scarflandia
My Oscarf for 2023 Value for money purchase goes to Pirouette au Galop CSGM. I was very lucky to acquire it at a reasonable price from a Lady who was true to her word regarding its condition- never worn, new without tag condition. And I couldn't be happier about it - as it is very elegant (IMO) + something completely missing in my collection + this CW turned out to be very good for my complexion and easy to match with my wardrobe:
View attachment 5924916
View attachment 5924917
View attachment 5924919
View attachment 5924920
View attachment 5924921
View attachment 5924922
Happy to be a sister on this one with @LKBNOLA and I am sure many others :smile:
Have a lovely Saturday, everyone !

Lovely @Marta_K! Your outfits are always so well coordinated and classy!
My Oscarf for new to me additions goes to Fantaisie d’étriers and Mineraux. Mineraux has sentimental value for an avid mounain climber, photographer and mineraux appreciating relative. And Tigre Bengale which has been unworn in my scarf drawer for 11 years and needs to be worn.View attachment 5924968View attachment 5924969View attachment 5924970

These are really pretty on you @Maedi! I especially like the Tiger, glad to see him out ;)

So it was ‘kind of’ a year of duplicates for me. Two are personal grails of mine and circus I think is just a marvel of color and the corners in ties are chefs kiss. I will always add colorways of this that work on me.
“Award for designs worth dupes”
Circus in black entered in 2023. I have a purple also.
View attachment 5924976View attachment 5924977
My personal grail cocottes de soie. This blue entered in 2023. Also, this scarf has a double award too haha. “Award for first scarf trade w a scarfie” . That was fun!! And this is my scarf of the day today :love:
View attachment 5924979View attachment 5924980

pink leonhardi entered. Already had my red.
View attachment 5924978View attachment 5924981
Edit/ why are the full image pics SOoooo big :shrugs:

STUNNING grails @Nomad! you really glow!
2023 was the most stressful year in my many-year life. I became a caregiver and had zero time for myself. I could have used emotional eating to cope, but shockingly, pounds fell off me. Instead, I used “emotional scarfing” to deal with the stress. In 2023, I bought 15 scarves, purchasing most of them between August and November. Looking at scarves was pleasurable, could be done in bed, and required no energy. Who can look and not buy? Not me. BIN became my best friend. At the end of the year, I had lost 13 pounds and bought 15 scarves. 15 scarves seems like a ridiculous number, since I had my collection stabilized at about 45 scarves for the last 4 years. Still, I am much happier to have ended the year with 15 more scarves, rather than 15 more pounds.

As I share my purchases, I would like to mention those who enabled me. My definition of being enabled is (1) having my lust for a scarf stirred up by modeling shots when I had previously not been dying for said scarf; or (2) seeing a scarf, colorway, or format, that I was previously not aware of, which after seeing, I must have NOW. My definition of enabling is totally related to uncontrollable surges in lust. In some cases, SOTD merely informed my choices. In other cases, SOTD created those irresistible silk lust surges.

Here are my 2023 purchases with acknowledgement of the enablers.

View attachment 5924975View attachment 5924982

CSGMs
Sangles en Zig Zag.
Clair de Lune (all those pics on FW23 were strictly educational)
Sieste au Paradis (Had it stretched for wall hanging omitting border)

Mousseline
Point d’Orgue.

90s
Au Coeur de Vie. @HermesEchidna This is a bank shot of enablement since @ Cookiefiend enabled you.

Babobab Cat. The enablers are too numerous and spread over too many years to mention.

Chacun Fait Son Nid. @Redbirdhermes got me interested in this design with her pictures of the blue one. When I saw the red on ebay, my eyes shot out of their sockets. Had to have it NOW and it was definitely over-priced.

Brides de Gala en Finesse.

Vallee de crystal. (all those pics on FW23 were strictly educational)

Legend of the Kuna People of Panama. Owned this previously, sold it, and bought back. It was a mistake for me the first time and it was still a mistake the second time. I usually like to make new mistakes instead of making the same one over again.

Fleurs de Lotus. Not shown. Sold it.

Les Flots du Cheval

Bandana
Madras Ex Libris @Cookiefiend has been enabling me on this one for years. One finally came my way.

Belles du Mexique

La Voie Lactee. I seriously lusted for the stole after seeing @Living.la.vida.fifi 's stole, but settled for the consolation of a gav until my holiest of grails comes to me.

My category for the Best Enablers includes @HermesEchidna @Redbirdhermes @Cookiefiend @Living.la.vida.fifi They make me hit BIN. The winner is Cookie for her years of enablement on Madras Ex Libris and her bank shot of enablement on Au Coeur de Vie. Fifi gets honorable mention for introducing me to my holiest of grails and launching what I expect to be a multi year seach.

When I started following SOTD again, I told myself I was here to improve my tying and styling skills. @LKBNOLA and @Marta_K have been Most Inspirational to me with their beautiful blouses and ties. I declare this category to be a tie (pun intended).

Category of Most Effortlessly Beautiful Selfies. @SilkCouture @Ashanti_Rose @Jereni @violetkool @GloWW0rM I am envious of each of you for your beautiful smiles and your comfort with the camera. I absolutely hate taking selfies and wish I had your magic. No winner can be picked because you are each incomparable.

Thank you to all who participate for your wonderful contributions.

I am sorry to hear 2023 was such a hard year for you @Cordeliere. I sent you all my sympathies and I hope 2024 will be better and bring you and your loved ones light and happiness! And scarves too :smile:
Another post as running out of time. I just finally cleaned and ironed so wanted to wear it for my post :love:
Also an “ award for a dupe” and “my grailiest of grails toppest of tops lists of Oscarfs”
Anglais! 🥁
It is a dupe because I have two haha.
Story/ I said to myself..I am sick of losing out on cheaper than csgm chances to faster fingers. I am tired of waiting to even see if it’s “all that”. I just want to know if it’s “love” or not. So I bought it for a ridiculous price. I just HAD TO KNOW finally haha. Then weeks later I actually had the faster fingers in the west and got one for way under CuRrEnT retail. I haven’t figured out if I will keep as a back up or sell. I also want the red based one :shrugs: .
And to conclude …it was ALL THAT :drool:
View attachment 5924986

Whoa for the Jardin Anglais :loveeyes: The grail of grails

Last edited:
Happy weekend dear scarfies! Thank you @Living.la.vida.fifi for hosting a spectacular week and thank you everyone for sharing all your wonderful photos + silks + stories - it takes a lot to share some of the more personal ones with the community. :flowers:

Keeping warm today with the "scarf I didn't expect to love" - Chevaux Dechaines.

IMG_5496.jpeg

Hoping everyone in the US east coast stays safe and warm this weekend! I think we're getting snow up here in my side of Canada as well.

Providing care is a true act of love. Glad these beauties were able to provide comfort and distraction @Cordeliere. Hoping that 2024 is better for you. Hugs :hugs:
One of the really good things about this ordeal is how close and strong it has made the bond DH and I have. Thank you for appreciating my silks and thank you for the kind wishes. Hugs back at you.

I’m so sorry to hear about your difficult year, but so happy you found silk instead of pounds! Definitely a much better trade. Wear them ALL in the best of health!
Yes. If I had gained 15 pounds, I would be so depressed. One of my New Years resolutions was to wear a scarf every day. I have already broken it but it is a great aspiration. Thank you for your wishes of health.

Oh wow, @Nomad! Your new Circus is so fabulous. And you know my Cocottes de Soie wants to wave back at ya! The pink Leonhardi is divine on you. I am 100% jealous even though I owe my red one to you! :heart: :flowers:
View attachment 5925001

I am sending you my very best wishes for an easier, less stressful 2024 as well @Cordeliere. I too would prefer fifteen scarves to fifteen pounds -- especially ones as lovely as these. I hope you continue to find beautiful ways to ease any stress you are under and make room for self-care, which is so important. My own days are made considerably more happy with scarves in my life and I am happy my daily choices could provide some pleasure/distraction. Humor is also a great stress reliever and your post shows you have a good supply (as well as all your new scarves!).

This is stunning on you @Nomad-- I remember when you first posted. This was my DuJA year too and I agree 100% -- it is All That!
Thank you for appreciation of my sense of humor. You just never know how things are going to come across on the internet. Your posts are very funny and I enjoy them.

I love the popping colors on this slate blue backdrop! This design had many fun colorways.

You are so radiant in these! Love that Appaloosa especially.

Gorgeous! Love it on you and yes - definitely sooo wearable.

Such beauties! I love some of the unexpected colorways of the first few. H makes such good magic! And how did you do that last knot? I need that in my arsenal…

I am sorry to hear about your tough year. I hope things get better soon! Your acquisitions are beautiful, I adore the Flots du Cheval! Looks like it will be fun to tie. And thank you for the kind shout out.
I have been looking for Flots du Cheval at reasonable price for years. I have a couple of blouses that need this silk. There is an over priced one that has been on eBay for years that I just refused to buy. I can't get over remembering old prices. You are so smart to go full steam ahead in building your collection now. In a few years, you will be thrilled about the prices you paid.

Yes!! Totally envy worthy post here. All magnificent. I’ll echo others in saying it’s all about your smile. And your ties are expert. I have been at this for years and I am not even 10% of your magnificent ties. And loved this peak behind the curtain into your thoughts too.

Awe great post and clever award. I always love seeing your pytheas.

Ooooo yes!! :happydance: . Love these greatest hits posts. All amazing additions. Noel wasn’t going to be one I was going to hunt due to prices, but am so glad one fell into lap. It’s wonderful

WOW wow. Another Oscarf worthy post. What a week to be able to see inside our fellow scarfie collections and thoughts.
This brodee is a real blue gem. And the silver glow. I can’t pick a favorite because they All are so amazing, but the broderie isn’t seen much so I am most smitten. And your matching orange ring w bal :loveeyes:

Oh I hate to hear about regrets. These absolutely look amazing on you. It was a smash hit for the season for sure. I hear you on the lighting problems

Goodness gracious great balls do fire 🔥 . I also here-here chant to the call of you being moussie queen. Amazing.

I just love that you have 6!! I will have 5 by the time I am done with this marvel. I’ll take second place any day to you croisette :love: .

Wow the colors in this are fantastic. And the hem.

This was an awesome tied design. I couldn’t get my hands on one myself. Congrsts

Woo hoo. Love your approach to the year. Totally worth it. I know you got some amazing designs this year in csgm.

Hope you feel better soon. And loved getting inside your silken head here too. All are so perfect on you.

Love it when it all works out. The best when it works so well with our complexion

So glad you got to wear bengale. It deserves to roar. And what a unique color of minerals

Oh it’s great to see the magic on the collage. And ditto to Mr cookie about cookie haha

So much to say. Glad to see you did some self care during a difficult year. Care giving is beyond taxing. You have accumulated quite a group. Congratulations! And what a thoughtful approach with recognizing where you got your lust from. Lovely

Haha laughed at your silly scarfie comment 🤣

And totally second your nomination for our @Croisette7
There is lots of inspiration on SOTD. I have always shopped with a plan, so I was a little worried that being tempted here was not going to be a good thing for the wallet. Worried that I had spent way more than I would have if I was just shopping on my own. When I tallied it up, the damage was not too bad and some of that enabling was in reserve over a period of years. Thanks for appreciating my acquisitions.

Dear @Cordeliere - Congratulations on the scarves gained!
I am familiar with emotional scarfing but did not have a Word for it. Thank you for sharing that. :flowers: I hope and wish for you that 2024 will hold less stress and even more happy times both with and without scarfing!

It is such a diverse and stunning harvest you have had this year and I trust it brings both comfort and joy ! It is certainly a joy for us all to look at, and I am happy to have ‘helped’. In recent years I have affected a few friends to also aquire scarves, but I cannot help but also feel a little bit guilty. In this case I Can luckily transfer this to @Cookiefiend and the concept of enablement by proxy ;)
You are so kind to call my purchases diverse and stunning. No enabling guilt necessary. You are sharing the joy. I always enjoy your posts so much for the interesting scarves and the witty comments.
I'm able to relate as I've been caregiver to DH for a number of years - this (dangerous) thread affords a pleasurable distraction coupled with intermittent scarf temptation.

BTW, I've had seller's remorse and repurchased a scarf only to realise it didn't work, best to be absolutely sure!

You added stunning scarves to your collection in 2023 and hope this year brings even more scarf pleasure.
Please take care of yourself :hugs:
I hope your caregiving is not too much of a strain on you. I told very few people about DH's health problems. When I did, I was constantly surprised at people's understanding of the strain of being a caregiver and their compassion. Hope you have lots of support. Thank you for calling my scarves stunning.

They are all so beautitul Maedi - but you must wear that Tigre More often!

Cordy - I hope this year will be better and I send you hugs. I’m thrilled you’ve found a Madras - it is such a fun bouncy scarf!

I second this nomination!

It is gorgeous!!

Thank you sweetie! But I am not the Queen… mebbe a Princess… bwahahaha!!! :lol:

Excellent choices, winners all!
Madras Ex Libris was a scarf I never thought I would find at a reasonable price. You make it look so fun to wear, I just couldn't stop wanting it.
Dear @Cordeliere, thank you so much for your kind nomination - very flattered and grateful for your kindness! I hope 2024 will be less stressful but just as plentiful in scarves as I love all of your acquisitions! I am twins and cousins with you on some of them (Claire, Vallee, Baobab, Au Couer, even Flots du Cheval (which drapes wonderfully!). But your CW of Sieste is absolutely out of this world - what a glorious work of art it is! Congratulations on finding this beauty!

Your post also strked a cord - how "scarfing" could be a de-stress factor and allow one even a temporary escape into the world of beauty, laughter and kindness. Wishing you many more opportunities to knot and wear your beautiful scarves!
Your selfies are so beautiful. The smile, the lipstick, and the fabulous collection of CSGMs. I am honored to hear there is an over lap in our collections. I loved Sieste when it came out but never thought it would tie well for me. Later, the secondary market was very dry when it came to this colorway. This is another scarf I never thought I would find. When it came in scarf mail, I decided I like looking at it better than wearing it. It is a prima donna as a piece of art. In the bedroom, it kept me awake. I tried 4 other spots in the house, before finding the spot that she could be seen and be a queen.
Oooof - this was a very active week and missing a day is overwhelming!

@Redbirdhermes you have such an amazing collection! Wowed that you found not one but two Photosyntheses, and I am now hunting a Bain!

@LKBNOLA you wear so many colors and styles with equal aplomb and your knots are perfection! Those Jaguars :woot:The Fantaisie Etriers you and @Living.la.vida.fifi and @mktlim and @Maedi model has me on the lookout. And if you ever tire of your Rayures…

@redheaddem both Cristals are stunning!

@Cookiefiend your moussies are beyond compare and those changeants have me absolutely swooning :faint:

@Croisette7 words defy my visceral response to your mod shots! Your style is impeccable!

@Mary Ann G all aboard indeed! Looking forward to more postings this year

@Ashanti_Rose your Sieste shawl is the one I seek!

@Marta_K that Pirouette is so elegant and I never realized how colorful it is!

@Jereni most excellent award categories! And that DUJA!!!

@Cordeliere i relate so well. Nothing has impacted Ye Olde Scarf Drawer more than the years I spent caring for my parents (alas I added pounds as well as silk - thank heavens scarves always fit!). Your additions are gorgeous!

@Nomad wonderful designs to dupe! Yes DUJA is beyond dupe-worthy! Is your second colorway the white? If so and you want to rehome it :drinks: (And I think you can control the size of photos when you are adding - at least on the iPhone there is a link on the bottom left for Options that lets you choose a size as well as turning off location data)

@Jacq1 beautiful additions and I admire your self control
The binge was a bit startling. It moved me to list my least favorite silks. I have sold 2 and still have others listed. You are my hero when it comes to rehoming. Rehoming is not as easy as it used to be.

Wonderful selection @SilkCouture! I love your Dans un Jardin Anglais and your Jaguar Quetzal! You always pick the best colourways.

You are really the CSGM Queen @Ashanti_Rose!

Congratulations @Jereni on these! All are wonderful on you! you have a real talent for picking the best cw for you.

Lovely @Marta_K! Your outfits are always so well coordinated and classy!

These are really pretty on you @Maedi! I especially like the Tiger, glad to see him out ;)

STUNNING grails @Nomad! you really glow!

I am sorry to hear 2023 was such a hard year for you @Cordeliere. I sent you all my sympathies and I hope 2024 will be better and bring you and your loved ones light and happiness! And scarves too :smile:

Whoa for the Jardin Anglais :loveeyes: The grail of grails
Thank you for your kind expression of sympathies. I am sure 2024 will be better.

Gosh I hope I have not missed anyone. As others have said, multi quote is challenging. Thanks to all who responded with likes and loves.

Status
Not open for further replies.