Scarves Special Edition Scarves

Not sure if this has been posted, Limited Edition Space Derby 90 on the Hong Kong website
In support of Hong Kong Cancer Fund, New Life Psychiatric Rehabilitation Association, and Arts with the Disabled Association Hong Kong.

View attachment 5717520
View attachment 5717521

View attachment 5717523View attachment 5717522
Mind officially blown. The colors...those hand-rolled edges.... this is truly art. I could stare at it for hours. Thank you for sharing...I'm entranced.

Reactions: LolaWhisp
Greetings all,
Any information on a special edition for Charles’ coronation?
I've seen several scarves issued from a variety of retailers ranging from Westminster Abbey to Harrods but nothing from Hermes til now. As the coronation is less than a month away, I would expect that there would be something about it. But possibly the issues were relegated solely for QEII as she was a fan of the H scarf, so there was a logical correlation between her and the issue of special editions. Still, here's hoping...

Good morning all! I am very very delighted to share my recent acquisition: Salt Marsh (SE or LE?) issued in 2003. This design by Rachel Knight was the competition winner on a collaboration between Hermes and the Savannah College of Art and Design. I haven't been able to find much about it (my SE and LE Carre d'Art books are in another location, so any info gratefully received). I understand only three cws were issued: a "pear" green, this brown/aubergine and an orange. I did find this on a First Dibs ad:
"Hermes supports the arts and artists, students and professionals alike! This particular carre was designed by Savannah College of Art and Design Alumna Rachael Knight (Class of 2002). Limited Edition? OUI! Knight describes the experience of going to Lyon, France, to view the printing of her scarf at the Hermes silk atelier as "perhaps the best day of my life". The overall design celebrates the metamorphosis of a caterpillar to butterfly...the "Salt Marsh" caterpillar to be exact!"
Because I live adjacent to a complicated ecosystem of estuary, beach and salt marsh, I just had to have this scarf! I am especially taken with the fact that it celebrates a metamorphoses of the kind I see on my walks...
Salt Marsh (LE) 2003.jpg
Salt Marsh (LE).jpg

Good morning all! I am very very delighted to share my recent acquisition: Salt Marsh (SE or LE?) issued in 2003. This design by Rachel Knight was the competition winner on a collaboration between Hermes and the Savannah College of Art and Design. I haven't been able to find much about it (my SE and LE Carre d'Art books are in another location, so any info gratefully received). I understand only three cws were issued: a "pear" green, this brown/aubergine and an orange. I did find this on a First Dibs ad:
"Hermes supports the arts and artists, students and professionals alike! This particular carre was designed by Savannah College of Art and Design Alumna Rachael Knight (Class of 2002). Limited Edition? OUI! Knight describes the experience of going to Lyon, France, to view the printing of her scarf at the Hermes silk atelier as "perhaps the best day of my life". The overall design celebrates the metamorphosis of a caterpillar to butterfly...the "Salt Marsh" caterpillar to be exact!"
Because I live adjacent to a complicated ecosystem of estuary, beach and salt marsh, I just had to have this scarf! I am especially taken with the fact that it celebrates a metamorphoses of the kind I see on my walks...
View attachment 5811141
View attachment 5811142
What a fabulous scarf!

Reactions: SilkCouture
Lovely scarf, @LKBNOLA. I noticed the strawberries, so I looked up the salt marsh moth, and sure enough, they eat strawberries. The strawberry is also shown growing from flower to mature fruit. Very neat design.
I see them all the time on my walks. I don't think gardeners like them much but I am sure they do their part for the delicate salt marsh ecosystem which is something we strive to protect... and don't we all love a scarf that shows a metamorphosis? Thank you, dear friend!

View attachment 5811141
View attachment 5811142

Dear LKBNOLA,

This scarf is actually a special edition.

There were indeed three colorways : an orange, a brownish and vibrant green colorway.

The story becomes a bit more interesting when taking into consideration that this design was the "winner" of a competition, which "winning design" should actually have been become part of the Hermes collection.

For some reason, Hermes did not make this design part of the regular collection, it remained a "special edition".

Nevertheless, the label "special edition" is commonly agreed upon, but it might not be that correct in the sense that only a limited production run was present : the Salt Marsh is rare and sought after and to some extent to be considered a limited edition.

Tomato / Tomato ..... what is in a name?

Anyway, a similar situation has been occurring in another competition, organized by Hermes and Savannah College.

There is another design, another "winner" that is not part of the regular collection - it is even more rare, 250 copies were made.

For reference, please have a look at the Arfon SE book, page 88 !

Kind regards.....

I've seen several scarves issued from a variety of retailers ranging from Westminster Abbey to Harrods but nothing from Hermes til now. As the coronation is less than a month away, I would expect that there would be something about it. But possibly the issues were relegated solely for QEII as she was a fan of the H scarf, so there was a logical correlation between her and the issue of special editions. Still, here's hoping...

At this moment, there are no known special edition Hermes foulards for the coronation of Charles.

Strange, but if anybody has an update or spots a special edition foulard, please SHARE!

Kind regards........

Greetings all,
Any information on a special edition for Charles’ coronation?
At this moment, there are no known special edition Hermes foulards for the coronation of Charles.

Strange, but if anybody has an update or spots a special edition foulard, please SHARE!

Kind regards........
I was told that there wouldn't be one.

View attachment 5811141
View attachment 5811142
This is stunning! Congratulations on finding this, as it has such special meaning to you. So many gorgeous details to examine. FANTASTIC!!!

I was told that there wouldn't be one.

Meta,

I have heard the same........... with an entire "story between the lines".

I am not sure what to make of the story, but I have the intuition that we should cling on to our QE special editions and, at the same time, be ready for the unexpected - maybe a special edition in the (far away) future? I really do not know.

As a personal note, I do hope that we will get a special edition for the coronation ..... and I hope that Hermes reads this :smile:

Kind regards......

View attachment 5811141
View attachment 5811142
This is so beautiful, @LKBNOLA. Congratulations on a wonderful find!

Dear LKBNOLA,

This scarf is actually a special edition.

There were indeed three colorways : an orange, a brownish and vibrant green colorway.

The story becomes a bit more interesting when taking into consideration that this design was the "winner" of a competition, which "winning design" should actually have been become part of the Hermes collection.

For some reason, Hermes did not make this design part of the regular collection, it remained a "special edition".

Nevertheless, the label "special edition" is commonly agreed upon, but it might not be that correct in the sense that only a limited production run was present : the Salt Marsh is rare and sought after and to some extent to be considered a limited edition.

Tomato / Tomato ..... what is in a name?

Anyway, a similar situation has been occurring in another competition, organized by Hermes and Savannah College.

There is another design, another "winner" that is not part of the regular collection - it is even more rare, 250 copies were made.

For reference, please have a look at the Arfon SE book, page 88 !

Kind regards.....
Oh, thank you so much! I have been looking for it a long time and was first told SE then LE and so confusing to hear the descriptions of the colors. My understanding was the second place winner's design was released as a cotton 70 (which is charming!) but your information is so helpful and I will definitely look in my SE book as soon as I return to New Orleans! Thank you so much for this @BrandsparkShop -- this is very kind of you!
PS Going to relabel my photo SE in the meantime :smile:

Reactions: Maedi