Scarves Special Edition Scarves

Did you buy it? How does it feel?
There was a time , 10 - 15 years ago ish , when H periodically chose a regular issue scarf to support a charity , eg offrandes d’un jour benefitted an Indian charity in some way or fashion
There was no inscription on the scarf , nothing to indicate that except maybe a blurb on the website

Not sure if this has been posted, Limited Edition Space Derby 90 on the Hong Kong website
In support of Hong Kong Cancer Fund, New Life Psychiatric Rehabilitation Association, and Arts with the Disabled Association Hong Kong.

View attachment 5717520
View attachment 5717521

View attachment 5717523View attachment 5717522
I ADORE this! If I didn’t already have the marine, I would be hunting for it like a crazy person already :giggle:

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: Julide and Nomad
Thank you! I will not hold my breath, but I'll pop in both stores and see if either store still has stock of the special editions made for their particular stores.
I know this post is a year old, but I had the exact same question and figured I’d do a search to see if it had been asked before. Did you find anything exclusive at the Waikiki store?

Not sure if this is the right thread (more like limited than special edition?) but found this today thanks to @FizzyWater in the SS2023 scarf thread:

Hermès Éditeur​

Julio Le Parc​

Variations autour de La Longue Marche is an edition of 10 series of 6 scarves, each a unique piece.

Born in 1928 in Mendoza (Argentina), Julio Le Parc lives and works in Cachan.
A major proponent of the geometric and kinetic art that marked the 1960s, he was a founding member of GRAV (Groupe de recherche d’art visuel, 1960–1968).
His work explores the concepts of movement, light and optics, as well as the relationships that exist between the work and the observer.

“During my visit to Julio Le Parc’s studio, among the many proposals that brought vibrancy to forms and colours, La Longue Marche (1974–1975), a key work with immense personal resonance for the artist, stood out for its monumentally radical nature,” explains Pierre-Alexis Dumas, artistic director of Hermès.

A true ode to colour, Julio Le Parc’s proposal, entitled Variations autour de La Longue Marche, led to the edition of ten series of six unique scarves, a total of sixty silk scarves in the 90 cm x 90 cm format.

The project devised by Julio Le Parc for Hermès Éditeur is a series of variations around six of the ten paintings that make up La Longue Marche, not simply a transposition.“The original work allowed me to explore other possibilities by changing the order of the colours and discovering new visual situations,” explains the artist. The result is a completely new proposal, as Julio Le Parc has divided sixty silk scarves into two categories: those that present the fourteen colours of the prism, and those created from the three non-colours: black, white and grey.

From one scarf to the next, the prismatic web spreads out into fluid, winding paths that experience in turn the visual properties of superposition, twisting, braiding, and interlocking. Variations autour de La Longue Marche draws the eye into an elaborate game of almost labyrinthine forms and structures of curves and counter-curves.

8AB2C418-0213-486F-8E8D-CECBEFD02147.jpeg5B4DBED2-D41A-44FA-A9BE-6F9CE0589A86.jpeg9962F260-4C1E-4ECB-B4BC-B28A8A84C87C.jpeg8D2563A9-5322-45E7-B4A8-18D16D8CD8CB.jpeg4B148CC9-F93F-417E-B058-13FE1FF2397E.jpeg

Priced at 7000€ / $7850, sold in a cylindrical case with a book and a certificate of authenticity.

You can find some online currently: https://www.hermes.com/us/en/category/women/hermes-editeur/julio-le-parc/#|

Last edited: