What’s your unpopular Hermes opinion?

My H SA says the bouncing sneakers are the only comfy H sneakers :smile:
I bought the Dare Sneakers winter 2022 and still can’t stop wearing them. However, I have a very low arch, so that may be why I find them comfortable. I think there are a number of H shoes which are better for the more flat-fitted among us.

What in the name of all desperate to become ‘streetwear’ has happened to the hats? Most of them would be rejected by Nike for being too pedestrian.
On that note I clicked on H.com this evening and was faced with a bunch of candy coloured cagoules and matching bucket hats.. It's like circa 1990s all over again.. aargh!!! :lol:

I personally find it very interesting that a QB can go 2 years unsold :smile:
Yes, me too, particularly if there is a perceived shortage. At the end of 2021, in the middle of the pandemic I got a K28 made in 2019, which also got me thinking…. maybe my bag was sitting in some “cellar aging like fine wine”… lol…. and not that nobody else wanted the bag or had a slight defect but good enough to sell when there’s a shortage…

More likely that corporate held the bag in a France warehouse without distributing it to control stock/revenue.
Interesting. We got a bag in Sevres that was two years old too (limited edition but not a qb). Anyway, in the qb example, why would they not sell this 2019 bag in 2020 before releasing newly produced 2020 bags and so on, such that it wouldn’t be that “stale”? Would’ve thought it would be first in, first out.

Why are people so concerned with date stamps on the bags? This just screams re-seller vibes to me.
I’m actually surprised that people wouldn’t want to know or have never looked especially being on a forum where all we do is look at, research, read about, obsess over and ask questions about bags. It was this forum where I learned about dates over 10 years ago when I bought a LV bag. My mind was blown lol

Almost everything we buy comes with a date (car, house, other bags, jewelry, food, etc). It’s a habit for me to look at the date of everything I purchase because of this. I actually need to sell some bags that I haven’t used in years and can’t part with them :amuse: The date thing is not just H thing; I look at dates for all of my bags. And not everyone is a reseller because they want to know dates, color codes, origin, etc. some of us are collectors/weirdos (speaking for myself on this one) that like to know and geek-out on all specs of things we buy/love/collect. Do I need to know that info? No! But I’m going to look anyway lol

Last edited:
I’m actually surprised that people wouldn’t want to know or have never looked especially being on a forum where all we do is look at, research, read about, obsess over and ask questions about bags. It was this forum where I learned about dates over 10 years ago when I bought a LV bag. My mind was blown lol

Almost everything we buy comes with a date (car, house, other bags, jewelry, food, etc). It’s a habit for me to look at the date of everything I purchase because of this. I actually need to sell some bags that I haven’t used in years and can’t part with them :amuse: The date thing is not just H thing; I look at dates for all of my bags. And not everyone is a reseller because they want to know dates, color codes, origin, etc. some of us are collectors/weirdos (speaking for myself on this one) that like to know and geek-out on all specs of things we buy/love/collect. Do I need to know that info? No! But I’m going to look anyway lol
Beautiful truthful words coming from a good person;)