What’s your unpopular Hermes opinion?

My unpopular opinion is not about Hermes but some Hermes shopper's mentality.
It's just my opinion, not a fact and I hope I'm not offending anyone.. but I think if someone obsesses too much about pre-spend ratios and has a checklist (actual or mental lol) of what they bought then maybe a K/B/C is not really for them and they are overextending themselves for a materialistic item; I think it's simply not worth it.

I don't think Luxury should be stressful; it's something you should comfortably enjoy. If you can't, maybe you are not the target audience.

Happy shopping!

:flowers:

A while back I saw a video by some YouTuber talking about how someone is only in the Hermes club if they bought from the boutique. I disagree with her thoughts. I think you can still be in the club buying through a reseller. Some people just don’t want to play the game.

With regard to those who shop the boutique and here’s my unpopular opinion, you are NOT really a part of the Hermes club if you acquired your bag by reselling all or most of your prespend. It doesn’t matter if you are vip or vvip level. We all know how you got there - buying that 25k leather globe, the bike, or that 25k diamond watch, all of which you’re reselling at 60% off. It doesn’t matter if you got a Himalayan k25 or a picnic or some mini Kelly. All you’ve shown is you’ve figured out how to game the system but you have zero appreciation for the brand.:no:

We all (at least on this sub forum) have plenty of bags. What’s the rush. Take your time and have fun while you shop. Even when TPFer report that stores are empty, there are tons of other categories to explore

ETA: I loved the carryon roller bag but my SA said it fits almost nothing. So, my unpopular opinion is trust your SA to be honest

ok...here goes..
I dont want this to sound *****y and if it does to some, apologies.
This is just MY opinion.
Deep breath!
On the Your Hermes in action spreads and their ilk I love seeing peoples bags, their outfits, and generally shots of the bags in nice locations or out at dinner etc..
BUT I just find pictures showing expensive jewellery and watches(unless its H jewellery and watches of course) as almost the focal point of the image a bit 'show-offy'
Phew! I've said it.
And apologies to anyone I have offended with my viewpoint.

My unpopular opinion is not about Hermes but some Hermes shopper's mentality.
It's just my opinion, not a fact and I hope I'm not offending anyone.. but I think if someone obsesses too much about pre-spend ratios and has a checklist (actual or mental lol) of what they bought then maybe a K/B/C is not really for them and they are overextending themselves for a materialistic item; I think it's simply not worth it.

I don't think Luxury should be stressful; it's something you should comfortably enjoy. If you can't, maybe you are not the target audience.

Happy shopping!

:flowers:
Hopefully this doesn't offend anyone, but I've always found it strange that some people (including some friends) who obsess over how much lower their pre-spend ratios were than others, and bragged about it.
I understand trying to get your money's worth even when buying luxury, but does it really matter that much to get your ratio from 1.3 to 1? I personally only buy items that I love, no matter which category and I couldn't care less about the ratio as long as it's a bag I want and it's not atrociously more than what I hear is normal haha.

ok...here goes..
This is just MY opinion.
Deep breath!
On the Your Hermes in action spreads and their ilk I love seeing peoples bags, their outfits, and generally shots of the bags in nice locations or out at dinner etc..
BUT I just find pictures showing expensive jewellery and watches(unless its H jewellery and watches of course) as almost the focal point of the image a bit 'show-offy'
Phew! I've said it.
I agree 100%! I once posted in another forum that one of my pet peeves is photos of a nice bag or nice jewelry that accidentally on purpose include a car emblem. And of course it just happens to be a luxury car!

ok...here goes..
This is just MY opinion.
Deep breath!
Phew! I've said it.
I don’t disagree, but I think some posters get a lot of pleasure from vigorously curating their photos and are definitely after a certain aesthetic. But I appreciate anyone going to the trouble of posting images so I like to reciprocate in my sort of basic way.
My unpopular opinion or reaction is cringing when people anthropomorphize their bags…it’s silly that I notice or care.

Phew! I've said it.

Haha…. Perhaps those of us who post are a bit show-offy :smile: we’re Hermes exhibitionists lol

And of course it just happens to be a luxury car!
I find the luxury car ones fun, bc then I feel virtuous and thrifty by comparison; ;) although DH has been making noises about buying one, we haven’t owned a car in years. (Watches take a lot less space:biggrin:

Also, sad to say, I don’t recognize or know much about cars lol

I appreciate anyone going to the trouble of posting images so I like to reciprocate in my sort of basic way.

Me too. My only wish is that more people would post action shots (whether show-iffy or not — I love that new word) or not, rather than stock photos)

Unpopular opinion: as H focuses more and more on that top tier of shopper, I don’t think corporate cares about client services in non leather categories (wait times and customization on home items and tailoring and bespoke in RTW both lag behind comparable or higher quality items from other brands) or loyalty (international spend).

ETA: I have been offered horizon opportunities in home and bags, and still think it’s not as flexible or comprehensive as comparable services from other brands

also, another unpopular opinion, it’s ridiculous to think of H, even non BKC, as stealth wealth. The kelly tiret; the sangliers; the bolide shape; not stealthy

Last edited:
I agree 100%! I once posted in another forum that one of my pet peeves is photos of a nice bag or nice jewelry that accidentally on purpose include a car emblem. And of course it just happens to be a luxury car!
hahaha. Last weekend, I took a picture of my brunch food (yes, I still consider myself young enough to do that) and "subtly" put the dw's GP36 with twillies out-of-focus on the chair in the background. Then I realized how silly that was and felt ashamed of how hard I was trying, and I hit "post" on the pic.