What’s your unpopular Hermes opinion?

I hear you all about the gold. When I showed mine to my husband, he was unimpressed, but I think it’s good to have a few neutrals, and bags I don’t have to do a whole mental calculation as to whether it will go with my outfit or not.

Unpopular opinion: No. Fur. Sandals.

Lining is fine, and I love a big fur boot Apres-Ski style, but the Fur Orans make no sense. When do you wear them? It’s a warm weather shoe made with cold weather material. Do your feet get sweaty? :wtf:

HAH! My toes alternate between wee little ice cubes and hot little devils all day so I get the fur sandals but I don't own any H ones. I would probably keep them at the office but not wear them outside if I did because of what they'd collect on the outside :doh:
OT but have you tried the royal loafers? For the longest time I thought that Big H was soo ostentatious but omg I love how comfortable they are esp in goatskin. I couldn’t resist. I wonder if people that don’t know the shoe will see a “giant H”?

Back on topic. I hate the oran for a different reason. They’re so loud if you don’t walk with intention to control the back of the heel.

I agree completely! That shoe slap is exactly why I went with the Santorini sandals. No slap! LOL!

i have no idea what anyone should buy in terms of size, color, hardware, etc., in an H bag. That does not stop me from voicing my uninformed opinion.

and to that end, i got my sister to get a beautiful vintage b today. her first. delightful!
Congrats to your dear sister! She must be so thrilled :biggrin:

I love them too and used mine to death. It’s an ideal travel bag. Perfectly understated.

My unpopular opinion: I hate Orans. They are uncomfortable and the last is too broad for my foot. Actually, I’m not keen on any H shoes (except maybe my Bouncing sneakers).
My H SA says the bouncing sneakers are the only comfy H sneakers :smile:

But even in those, my feet get tired at the end of a long day on the go! In truth I think it’s better to buy shoes from a “proper“ shoe designer. I can stand all day in Gianvito Rossi or Manolo heels.
I haven’t bought any, so thank you for this feedback. i wear Birkenstocks; golden goose, but with birkenstock or custom insoles, not GG insoles; and a customized pair of sneakers by hiro yanaguchi (Mainly purchased bc DH swears by them)

I love gianvito rossi and Manolo, and envy your ability to wear them regularly. I’ve had ankle cartilage replacement surgery, so heels are an iffy proposition

ETA: hiro yanagamachi

Last edited:
Lol so much to say about shoes OT! This board needs a thread about what shoes to wear with H bags :biggrin:
I haven’t bought any, so thank you for this feedback. i wear Birkenstocks; golden goose, but with birkenstock or custom insoles, not GG insoles; and a customized pair of sneakers by hiro yanaguchi (Mainly purchased bc DH swears by them)

I love gianvito rossi and Manolo, and envy your ability to wear them regularly. I’ve had ankle cartilage replacement surgery, so heels are an iffy proposition