What’s your unpopular Hermes opinion?

papertiger

MOD
Authenticator
O.G.
May 23, 2009
G-orgeous H-eaven
This thread is devoted to unpopular opinions about Hermes and/or their products.

It is quite likely that some members may find others' comments challenging, but please try not to take an unpopular opinion personally. The reason it may be unpopular is because most people will not agree.

Ignore, discuss but don't confront. Everyone is entitled to their opinion.

Dec 21, 2007
Old comedy routine:
Customer: I would like to buy a Birkin.
SA: I’m sorry, but we have none.
Customer: If the president came in and asked for a Birkin, would you have one for him?
SA: Of course.
Customer: Well, the president isn’t coming here today, so you can sell me the Birkin you were saving for him.

aisham

Sep 15, 2014
The perforated 'H' logo on the Evelyne bag bugs the heck out of me, and I have no idea why.

Also, the shoulder Birkin looks like a Warner Brother's character (Wile E. Coyote) ran it over with a dump truck in his never ending quest to catch the Roadrunner.
OMG this is so funny :giggle::giggle::giggle::giggle: Then I will name my Birkin 42 JPG II " Wile E. Coyote " . She looks just like him too :lol::lol::lol::lol: . This picture was taken 11 years ago immediately after purchase .

HERME's.jpg

papertiger

MOD
Authenticator
O.G.
May 23, 2009
G-orgeous H-eaven
The shoulder B was so people who always moaned about not being able to carry their hand-held, top-handle bag.

And for those that find the Shoulder Birkin odd looking, the Birkin is itself a HAC elan.

I don't mind whether or not people can readily buy a certain bag but I don't think the H should lie to any potencial customers. Luxury always operates on different levels and services/products that are special/popular should be for loyal, local, longterm customers first.

My unpopular opinion is although I like quite a few of all H's colours, I still prefer black.

Another is I'd rather not have diamonds on my bags unless it's for evening...and even then, probably not.

catsinthebag

adopt a shelter pet!
O.G.
Sep 7, 2010
Boston Strong!
My unpopular opinion: I don’t like exotics, except maybe in tiny portions such as a watch strap or a bit of trim on a bag. I don’t like veiny Togo. And the spine on Chèvre de Coromandel creeps me out.

To each their own, right? I figure I’ll leave those leathers to others and snatch up all the Barenia and clemence for myself!