Vintage Coach Photos & Chat

Wow, all three! One looks like burgundy! I need to just get a basic bag so i can stop drooling over all of yours!

Yes, it was a great find! $58 on ebay, and it's a gorgeous burgundy color. I just tried putting some things inside. It can hold my soft wallet, my sunglasses case and my card case. Then it is pretty much full. I can probably add a few small things like my phone, keys and chapstick.

In 1982, the basic bag was $66, by 1986 the price had risen to $80.
Whateve, what happened to your burgundy beauty?! Did you sell it? :wtf: Or you want to get more? :lol::coolio:

Grandma Coach :lol: :lol: :lol: Isn’t it weird that Coach doesn’t have like a webinar for Coach associated to educate them of their history, past products, etc? Or maybe they do have it, just not as comprehensive as some of the collections here:smartass:
I am going to take a different tack.
And I don’t say this with any snark or sarcasm. I have no doubt Coach includes some history in their training. I have heard more than one associate comment on Bonnie Cashin’s inspiration for the turn lock. It is just corporate business. I believe Coach, while interested in marketing vintage to the degree to support sales of the vintage inspired bags and their rehabbed bags, has the main goal of corporate profit. They are a corporation and that is Business 101. It’s all fine and good to post your vintage vibe and tag them on Instagram, or bring your vintage bag and pay for customization at a pop up, but that could be as far as it goes. Educating staff more fully on vintage Coach would eventually IMO drive people (I would think resellers especially) into stores to ask for an ID or authentification. I think the last thing they want is people coming to their stores looking to ID or authenticate vintage bags. They want people to come in and buy. At full retail.
Lol so thank goodness for our thriving community here, right?

Last edited:
The retro is bigger than the original and the colors are more fun. I don't use mine very much because it is hand carry only but I love it when I do. I find the size nice except that with the open top, I don't feel comfortable filling it up unless I put a sweater on top to keep everything in. If it had a long strap I would use it more. I've thought about attaching rings but I don't like to butcher my bags. Mine cost $85 in 2012. I imagine they are all several hundreds these days.

By the way, there is a comparison between the original and the retro in the vintage thread of the reference library.
I just found the comparison between the two, I had no idea there was such a size difference. Thanks for letting me know! They are indeed all listed in the hundreds these days, at least the ones I’ve seen. Your $85 one was definitely a deal!

Was hoping for anyone’s thoughts on that White vintage coach From the 90s? Style I really want and found it NWOT and original box and packaging for 120.00 but so scared of the white.... or bone.... but looks more white...anyone use this color ? Did it get dirty very fast ?

I have a couple white bags, and I have treated them with Apple gard to help with stains and wear but they are still only occasional use bags. There really isn't any way that I know if to prevent light color bags showing wear. How fast it shows wear depends on you. Some folks are very hard on their bags and some are not. There are some bags I have rehabbed that I wonder how a person can be that dirty, and some I have bought that look like they were never used.

Could you wonderful enablers please allow me to indulge for a moment? :lol:

I have already posted a couple of these bags, but have the irrepressible desire to show off my purchases this past week!!! :yahoo:

A beautiful red Kimball, coming with a vintage Coach mirror, and purchased from an awesome fellow tpfer! :love:
s-l1600.jpg

A red Basic Bag!
il_794xN.2574942897_gpjn.jpg

A sapphire NWT Kimball!
s-l1600-6.jpg

A glacier Janice!
il_794xN.3073521545_6jht.jpg

And finally a jade Kimball!
il_794xN.3028121126_f7h7.jpg

Incidentally the last 3 bags came from the same seller. If you'd like to know who, please shoot me a PM. :heart:

I have already posted a couple of these bags, but have the irrepressible desire to show off my purchases this past week!!! :yahoo:

A beautiful red Kimball, coming with a vintage Coach mirror, and purchased from an awesome fellow tpfer! :love:
View attachment 5060611

A red Basic Bag!
View attachment 5060612

A sapphire NWT Kimball!
View attachment 5060617

A glacier Janice!
View attachment 5060619

View attachment 5060625

Incidentally the last 3 bags came from the same seller. If you'd like to know who, please shoot me a PM. :heart:
Haha I recognize the background the last 3 bags were taken in. You know you browse too much when you can tell who the seller is just by looking at the pics of bags.

Whateve, what happened to your burgundy beauty?! Did you sell it? :wtf: Or you want to get more? :lol::coolio:
I sold it. :sad: I couldn't bring myself to be the one to get wear on a bag that had survived unused for nearly 40 years. Also I was committed to a long wallet at the time so it was too small for me. I probably thought the style was too plain.

Last year I bought a bag on ebay and the seller sent the wrong one. She sent my bag to someone else and I got her bag. It was a gorgeous BT NYC basic bag and I was in love. I was so sad when I had to return it, and extra sad when the bag that was supposed to be mine was in terrible condition. Since then, I've wanted a basic bag. BT would be fantastic since I don't have a regular leather vintage bag in BT.

View attachment 5060611

A red Basic Bag!
View attachment 5060612

A sapphire NWT Kimball!
View attachment 5060617

A glacier Janice!
View attachment 5060619

View attachment 5060625

Wow, these are all beautiful and look pristine! Congratulations! Now maybe I want a red basic bag.