Coach Rehab and Rescue Club

I finished my black/nickel court. It turned out great considering it was rubbery, shiny & dye was bleeding off when I got it. If you zoom in close, you can see there are still areas where the leather is uneven, probably from using acetone on the bag. I think the distressed look goes well with the casual nickel hardware, but Im hoping it’ll even out with use.

Before (after wiping with acetone & cpr):

F423AB1B-4940-4C23-B2D7-7C2037AFEE0F.jpeg05C50602-1AF5-4352-8088-26401D8B5899.jpeg

After (dunk, CPR coats & Renapur):
17AA6A1A-4E6C-445D-8F17-A19AE1A09E9D.jpeg4284BECD-A9D4-479E-9EC4-DFBA338B7B60.jpeg

Thank you! The one on the right, Brandy, is a rescue with a horrible story. She was abandoned while trying to birth a dead puppy that was stuck inside her and had to wait overnight for an emergency C-section. She has some emotional issues and needs to be handled very delicately. She gets so frightened at times that she tries to melt into the floor while making the most heartbreaking mewling sound I've ever heard a dog make. I don't know much more about her past but I adopted her when she was approximately 5 years old. I walked into a pet store and saw her in a tiny kennel perched atop a medium kennel, perched atop a large kennel, surrounded by other kennels, all filled with barking dogs. It was an adoption event. She was shaking and looked terrified and all I could think was how awful it must be to be put on display and have no control over how your life will end up. So now she has the best life. No more kennels, lots of soft blankets, treats, and toys, and no more breeding. She knows she's rescued. This dog gives the best hugs and she is the cuddliest little thing I've ever met!

Sad story with a wonderful ending! Glad she met you!!!

First of all, that made me tear up a bit. You're a wonderful person for giving that dog a good home! We have a one-eyed rescue cat from the humane society and an adopted kitty that a neighbor abandoned. My mom still has a cat that I found in the dead of winter huddled outside under a car trying to get warm from the residual engine heat. She's 18 now! Which reminds me that I'm old... But I digress. Lol. Anyway, I guess what I'm just trying to say is, I get it! :smile:

Anyway, I jumped on here because I'm so excited about this bag I just got!! It's burgundy! It's a NY bag too. Can't wait to rehab it!

Attachments

• 20210308_165410.jpg
    20210308_165410.jpg
    296.1 KB · Views: 21
  • 20210308_165639.jpg
    20210308_165639.jpg
    304.9 KB · Views: 23
  • 20210308_165653.jpg
    20210308_165653.jpg
    337.5 KB · Views: 23
I’m the world’s slowest/most on-and-off-again rehabber. I lost some serious mojo after the holidays, and I’m finally coming back to tackle some projects from my rehab pile!

Right to left on the first pic, drying and first-round conditioned after a dunk:
Burgundy Basic bag (I’m obsessed with burgundy rn)
Mahogany? Prairie
Putty? Saddlery
Green City

...all authenticated by the wonderful folks on the AT thread, and using tips and tricks learned here from you all. Thanks - I’m grateful for the chance to learn and practice with this group!

Attachments

• 6B64985A-F275-4D72-89C4-243643FB9746.jpeg
    6B64985A-F275-4D72-89C4-243643FB9746.jpeg
    196.1 KB · Views: 49
  • 23FF5F9D-0C47-4B0A-9C65-D2680C0E837E.jpeg
    23FF5F9D-0C47-4B0A-9C65-D2680C0E837E.jpeg
    313 KB · Views: 46
  • 43DB5139-D0C6-4B7C-A7DC-DBB25B39E67C.jpeg
    43DB5139-D0C6-4B7C-A7DC-DBB25B39E67C.jpeg
    242.6 KB · Views: 32
I’m the world’s slowest/most on-and-off-again rehabber. I lost some serious mojo after the holidays, and I’m finally coming back to tackle some projects from my rehab pile!

Right to left on the first pic, drying and first-round conditioned after a dunk:
Mahogany? Prairie
Putty? Saddlery
Green City

...all authenticated by the wonderful folks on the AT thread, and using tips and tricks learned here from you all. Thanks - I’m grateful for the chance to learn and practice with this group!
You are not the slowest, I am. I can't remember what I washed last. It's been too long... And when I dunk it's just one bag! :lol:

You are not the slowest, I am. I can't remember what I washed last. It's been too long... And when I dunk it's just one bag! :lol:

By the time I get everything ready and get myself all psyched up to tackle one, there’s no way I can do only one, haha. I’ve learned I can’t fit more than 3-4 crossbody bags in my kitchen sink at once :lol:

I usually only dunk one at a time too. I don't have enough dedicated space to lay them to dry. I'm not motivated to rehab much anymore. I have a bag I've been painting for months. It probably needs another coat but I haven't gotten around to working on it.

I finished my black/nickel court. It turned out great considering it was rubbery, shiny & dye was bleeding off when I got it. If you zoom in close, you can see there are still areas where the leather is uneven, probably from using acetone on the bag. I think the distressed look goes well with the casual nickel hardware, but Im hoping it’ll even out with use.

Before (after wiping with acetone & cpr):

View attachment 5015268View attachment 5015269

After (dunk, CPR coats & Renapur):
View attachment 5015270View attachment 5015271

Turned out beautifully! :loveeyes:

Mahogany? Prairie
Putty? Saddlery
Green City

The Saddlery is definitely putty :loveeyes:! I don’t know how you work up the motivation to work on multiple bags at one time! I barely get through one before I never want to do it again... but they always draw me back in.

Lately I become more and more like the Janice’s Legacy bag, I feel Coach had put in extra effort at that time to it’s design, to minimize one downside of their vintage bags: the connecting point where pipping ended. Like the BT large plaza in photo 1, the pipping end didn’t skive thin enough, also the alignment was poor. Then the Navy Court (photo 2)with a joint on each side of back panel, didn’t skive thin to blend in either. The pre creed Rust metal tag Courier (photo 3) piping joint was skived well and blended in better, but it was in plain sight on the side of back panel.
While the red Janice only has one continuous pipping cover both front and back, the joint is at the buckle, totally hidden when strap is attached, also the joint on the strap is just above the last hole, at the longest strap setting ( which I use), the joint is hidden under the buckle ( photo 6&7, still drying from wash). The Mahogany Janice was made similar, except the strap piping end is just above the second last hole, still a good crossbody strap drop length (photo 4&5). The zipper pull can rest flat in the recessed area between front and back panel without sticking out ( last 2 photos).
Little details like these make Janice’s overall appearance near flawless. Plus both Janice bags I got have very thick and soft leather, as if Coach was trying to design it to compete with other luxury brands at that time.

View attachment 5015006

View attachment 5015007

View attachment 5015008

View attachment 5015015

View attachment 5015023

View attachment 5015036

View attachment 5015037

View attachment 5015053

View attachment 5015056

I have a funny story about the Janice I just received... by accident! :lol:

I actually bought this small black Bleeker online locally.

127656178_3798592180161246_7884139517506591997_n.jpg

and the seller mistakenly brought the wrong bag as she was heading north near where I lived. I had no idea it was a Janice until I looked up the serial number! I told her I'd take both! :lol: :tup: The Bleeker will get dropped off this evening!

IMG_7663.jpg

It is rare and awesome to find local vintage bags and avoid the cost of the exchange, import duties and shipping costs! Score!!! :biggrin:

Before
View attachment 5016149View attachment 5016150

after

View attachment 5016151View attachment 5016152View attachment 5016153

Not a great photographer. thanks for everyone’s info. Not much of a rehab but it looks really good in person and was a goodwill bargain. Dunked, cpr, black rock, jewelry cloth.

A beautiful rehab of one of my favourite styles! :loveeyes:

I have a funny story about the Janice I just received... by accident! :lol:

I actually bought this small black Bleeker online locally.

View attachment 5016318

and the seller mistakenly brought the wrong bag as she was heading north near where I lived. I had no idea it was a Janice until I looked up the serial number! I told her I'd take both! :lol: :tup: The Bleeker will get dropped off this evening!

View attachment 5016320

It is rare and awesome to find local vintage bags and avoid the cost of the exchange, import duties and shipping costs! Score!!! :biggrin:

A beautiful rehab of one of my favourite styles! :loveeyes:
Nice find! It is always better price to buy from local resale platforms. No shipping cost. Janice is very cute and well made. What is the color , black? How do you feel about the leather? Both my Janice's are very thick & soft.

Nice find! It is always better price to buy from local resale platforms. No shipping cost. Janice is very cute and well made. What is the color , black? How do you feel about the leather? Both my Janice's are very thick & soft.

It is black and made in 2006 - China. I've been so busy I haven't had a chance to really check the leather out, so I'll get back to you on that. :smile:

The small black Bleeker got dropped off today, and like the large Bleeker, the leather is stunningly gorgeous!!!

First of all, that made me tear up a bit. You're a wonderful person for giving that dog a good home! We have a one-eyed rescue cat from the humane society and an adopted kitty that a neighbor abandoned. My mom still has a cat that I found in the dead of winter huddled outside under a car trying to get warm from the residual engine heat. She's 18 now! Which reminds me that I'm old... But I digress. Lol. Anyway, I guess what I'm just trying to say is, I get it! :smile:

Anyway, I jumped on here because I'm so excited about this bag I just got!! It's burgundy! It's a NY bag too. Can't wait to rehab it!
Yes, I am happy for her that MB adopted her. For all she had gone through, she deserves to finally be able to enjoy life.
And enjoy life she does! She's the boss of the house now. And she has a HUGE crush on my brother in law. She gets so excited when she gets to see him. It's adorable. I'm just glad she's happy and safe.