What is your latest Hermes purchase?

Your bag is my one of my HGs!!

I’m similarly cautious of light bags, but beton/craie is on my wishlist because the color is so beautiful and classic. I think a B25 is perfect, because it’s mostly handheld. You don’t need to worry as much of it sitting against your clothes (e.g. jeans) as you might with a shoulder bag. And you can also color proof your dark clothes (waterproof spray, etc.), if you don't want to spray your B.
Thanks for the feedback, yes, I LOVE how it looks, reallly wish it weren't swift, but for now I'm going to try docrite's blackrock and obenauf method to hopefully give it some added protection lol

It’s absolutely beautiful and swift is no where near as delicate as you think! Keep it, enjoy it, but don’t put any wax on it! Swift is ok in a bit of light rain. Just avoid rubbing it against dark clothing and I’m sure it will be fine.
No blackrock? What's your experience with this? I'd scanned thru Docrite's thread of hermes bag care and she seemed to recommend the blackrock w/ obenauf? Thanks for any tips!

No blackrock? What's your experience with this? I'd scanned thru Docrite's thread of hermes bag care and she seemed to recommend the blackrock w/ obenauf? Thanks for any tips!
I think they may be older threads that you’re looking at and I’m not sure Docride ever recommended blackrock for swift although I haven’t read the whole thing so could be wrong. It might be worth asking her if you’re not sure? With regards experience, only my own use of a swift Birkin and a swift belt. I’m absolutely no expert but from using both and the little I do know, I’ve had no problem with a little rain or mayor scratches and wouldn’t put anything on the leather especially on a new bag.

Just got this Birkin 30 in Vert Cypress :smile: I have been OBSESSING over this color, but based on photos online it was really difficult to gauge what the color actually would look like in person. A lot of photos make this bag look like it has strong blue undertones, so I was thrilled when I pulled it out of the box and discovered its true color! I tried to do the best I could with this photo, but I still feel like this beautiful shade needs to be experienced in person to truly be understood -- it's so beautiful and complex! :heart: And I never understood what people meant when they said that their new bags SMELLED amazing -- haha! The only other B I have is 10 years old in epsom leather and doesn't have a scent. But now I get it -- it smells like a new car! :smile: Thanks for letting me geek out here. :smile:

Oh, and I was debating between this color or solid black. For anyone else who is considering this color, I'm so glad I picked it over black! It's dark enough to be a total neutral (I don't feel like the green undertone is overpowering), but has more complexity and uniqueness than straight black in my opinion. :smile: (Now, that is all to say that I will probably own a black B at some point too haha :coolio:).

IMG_5480.jpg

Just got this Birkin 30 in Vert Cypress :smile: I have been OBSESSING over this color, but based on photos online it was really difficult to gauge what the color actually would look like in person. A lot of photos make this bag look like it has strong blue undertones, so I was thrilled when I pulled it out of the box and discovered its true color! I tried to do the best I could with this photo, but I still feel like this beautiful shade needs to be experienced in person to truly be understood -- it's so beautiful and complex! :heart: And I never understood what people meant when they said that their new bags SMELLED amazing -- haha! The only other B I have is 10 years old in epsom leather and doesn't have a scent. But now I get it -- it smells like a new car! :smile: Thanks for letting me geek out here. :smile:

Oh, and I was debating between this color or solid black. For anyone else who is considering this color, I'm so glad I picked it over black! It's dark enough to be a total neutral (I don't feel like the green undertone is overpowering), but has more complexity and uniqueness than straight black in my opinion. :smile: (Now, that is all to say that I will probably own a black B at some point too haha :coolio:).

View attachment 4664878
Congrats! Your bag looks gorgeous :heart:. I think you picked the right one. Can’t wait to see more mod shots with the bag :biggrin:

View attachment 4664878
I FAINT!! This one beautiful Birkin! Geek out all you want - if not here, where :P it looks stunning in color and it’s often so hard to capture exactly the color because these beautiful bags from H change with the light. Congratulations - and have fun wearing her in good health!!!:heart:

Reactions: DDCHA