CHANEL CHIT CHAT Thread!

So first, I went there around 12. 30-12.45 upon arriving this male SA took my name and put it down in his iPad. He said waiting time is 20 minutes. It was okay. Me and my partner were willing to wait 20 minutes because I have every intention of buying a Chanel bag that I saw on their display - - which I have been searching for a while. You know how hard it is to find the right bag. . So we waited. We saw a couple coming in a few minutes after us. Now this is where it gets interesting.. the Male SA (who took our names) was already ushering them to another SA who just finished a customer. The couple only waited 5-10 minutes after they walk in to be served. We let it slide because I was determined to get that bag. More than 20 minutes past, another lady came in.. And AGAIN. She was entertained first by the male SA. Now we where waiting more than 30 minutes now. I decided to just slowly walk out. I am not having it being passed by twice. I didn't believe at first that Chanel SAs can be discriminating by looks but ly experience proved otherwise. So disheartened by Chanel

So sorry for the bad experience.

I have heard some people make appointments with the SA. Is it possible those people had appointments? Or was it pretty clear they were just walk ins? And even if then the SA could have clarified it would be at least 20 minutes because they were expecting customers with appointments.

Last edited:
So first, I went there around 12. 30-12.45 upon arriving this male SA took my name and put it down in his iPad. He said waiting time is 20 minutes. It was okay. Me and my partner were willing to wait 20 minutes because I have every intention of buying a Chanel bag that I saw on their display - - which I have been searching for a while. You know how hard it is to find the right bag. . So we waited. We saw a couple coming in a few minutes after us. Now this is where it gets interesting.. the Male SA (who took our names) was already ushering them to another SA who just finished a customer. The couple only waited 5-10 minutes after they walk in to be served. We let it slide because I was determined to get that bag. More than 20 minutes past, another lady came in.. And AGAIN. She was entertained first by the male SA. Now we where waiting more than 30 minutes now. I decided to just slowly walk out. I am not having it being passed by twice. I didn't believe at first that Chanel SAs can be discriminating by looks but ly experience proved otherwise. So disheartened by Chanel
Same thing happened to my in Paris, Rue Gambon. Me and my husband waited and waited and waited, people coming in and getting served and us just waiting. Well eventually after more than 30 minutes we were served but the SA seemed in a rush. Anyway, I didn't buy the bag I wanted because they didn't have it but I didn't enjoy the experience of being in there either. However, I was very well served at Chanel Galeries Lafayette. The SA was very very helpful and although they didn't have the specific bag and even though I said I wanted only that one bag, she showed me some similar ones although she knew I wasn't going to buy them. Now, that I call professionalism!!! She even gave me her business card in case I decided to buy one of the bags she showed me and I wanted her to keep it for me.

Just FYI for those of you who shop at the Chanel boutique in the Neiman Marcus at the Topanga/Westfield mall in Southern California - the Chanel boutique is closed. I was shopping and noticed the store is blocked off. I asked and was told the Chanel boutique is now closed at this location.

View attachment 4551289 View attachment 4551288 Need some advice ladies! I purchased the Neo Executive bag from out of state thinking it would be all black leather caviar, but turns out it’s part leather part suede/nubuck? If you have this bag please let me know your experience with it and if I should keep it. Got it for $3,600 and for some reason I got lucky and didn’t get charge for tax. Would hate to return it and regret it later because my mind was set on all leather.

Hallo! Your bag looks so elegant! I didn't know this model and just love it! I wouldn't worry if I were you as Chanel uses first quality leather, anyway. Bye!

Anyone here not as attracted to 19k collection? I had high hopes for this season being the last of Karl’s. But when I saw the actual collection in store, they’re not as beautiful or stunning as I expected. There are too many pink or purple pieces, and I’m not very convinced of the new Chanel 19 bag. Felt kind of disappointed and probably will wait for the next season cruise collection...
Well, I am using the new Chanel 19 and it is quite handy. Beige. It goes well with any outfit and any occasion.

So random, but I noticed a ton of Chanel out lately. Lots of boy bags which I know are popular. How many bags do you usually think are fake? I feel a lot of the key chains etc. are fake but I'm noticing more ready-to-wear and bags.

Same thing happened to my in Paris, Rue Gambon. Me and my husband waited and waited and waited, people coming in and getting served and us just waiting. Well eventually after more than 30 minutes we were served but the SA seemed in a rush. Anyway, I didn't buy the bag I wanted because they didn't have it but I didn't enjoy the experience of being in there either. However, I was very well served at Chanel Galeries Lafayette. The SA was very very helpful and although they didn't have the specific bag and even though I said I wanted only that one bag, she showed me some similar ones although she knew I wasn't going to buy them. Now, that I call professionalism!!! She even gave me her business card in case I decided to buy one of the bags she showed me and I wanted her to keep it for me.
That is so disappointing and frustrating. I have had similar experiences with Chanel SA's. They almost seem to look down on you - or treat you as they are doing you a favour by serving you. The last one I saw at Chanel in Sydney city was so rude to me that I walked out whilst she was looking for a bag with another hardware colour. I had the intention of purchasing that day but she put me off.

Just FYI for those of you who shop at the Chanel boutique in the Neiman Marcus at the Topanga/Westfield mall in Southern California - the Chanel boutique is closed. I was shopping and noticed the store is blocked off. I asked and was told the Chanel boutique is now closed at this location.
Yes, I went to that location late November and was told by a SA that Chanel will be limiting the numbers of boutique they have within other stores. I'm not sure if that's one of many other closures to come but I enjoyed going to that store. Now, my closest Chanel is in Rodeo Drive which gets very busy on weekends and there would be lines outside the store. Additionally, the SAs at this location is either a hit or miss. Some are friendly but most don't want to take their time to help. It's a little disappointing since I love the brand.

Hi , Does anyone know when the first chanel boy bags were sold ?
I've come across a 13 series for sale in black caviar leather with brushed gold hardware. Hologram reads 13947550 which would place the bag between 2009-2010? Were boy bags being sold at that time ?
would appreciate if anyone can help :confused1: