Gucci chat thread! (Round 2!!!)

Wise words, I totally agree.

Unfortunately I probably couldn't have bought both the python and the croc without credit at the time. But in that case it would have been worth it.

We all appreciate you just for being you Jim!!!
Thank you Papertiger.

I hear ya... exotic skins are pricey... even back then.. but extra worth it for it's uniqueness and status... especially from Gucci.

aw shucks...

"J!m"

Last edited:
Reactions: papertiger
I have Yellow Gucci Wedge Patent Leather Horsebit Espadrille Sandals I need authenticated to post on Poshmark. They directed me to this website. Cane I get these authenticated on this site? Thank you in advance for your help.

We have a Authenticate This thread but no one does shoes ATM. You could try Castira, but I don't know if they do shoes either.

Thank you Papertiger.

I hear ya... exotic skins are pricey... even back then.. but extra worth it for it's uniqueness and status... especially from Gucci.

aw shucks...

"J!m"

Gucci croc has always been through the roof, I can only think if I was considering it it mucst have been almost in reach. There was an all-croc version but the diamond pattern was actually way nicer to my eyes. OK, I'm talking myself into deep regret now :biggrin:.

The Catherine was also based on a 1950s travel bag. On one of my computers I have the original advert with very svelte and elegant ladies arriving somewhere swish with all their Gucci luggage. One of the bags was very 'Catherine'. As you can see they also use the shape of the Web-stripe. So the bag model, the web-stripe, the horse-bit and the diamond pattern were all from the 1950s. I think it's such an chic bag.

Attachments

• Gucci-Diamante-Crocodile-Trim-Catherine-Top-Handle-Tote-_58129_front_large_1.jpg
    Gucci-Diamante-Crocodile-Trim-Catherine-Top-Handle-Tote-_58129_front_large_1.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 187
Gucci croc has always been through the roof, I can only think if I was considering it it mucst have been almost in reach (I actually had more money then - this was before I bought 2 houses). There was an all-croc version but the diamond pattern was actually way nicer to my eyes. OK, I'm talking myself into deep regret now :biggrin:.

The Catherine was also based on a 1950s travel bag. On one of my computers I have the original advert with very svelte and elegant ladies arriving somewhere swish with all their Gucci luggage. One of the bags was very 'Catherine'. As you can see they also use the shape of the Web-stripe. So the bag model, the web-stripe, the horse-bit and the diamond pattern were all from the 1950s. I think it's such an chic bag.
That's one gorgeous bag !
"J!m"

Reactions: papertiger
Gucci supreme pearl slides have disappeared from the website, does anyone know why, are they being discontinued? Tia x

They may have just been sold out online or they're on their way outlet. If you Wishlist items in the future they usually give you the clues what an item's status is. ~Even when it's removed from the site sometimes you can still purchase if available from stores.

I was in the Gucci boutique this week and spent some time admiring the Rajah totes. The sweet SA let me hold and play with both a black and red one, both in leather. I really liked the slim silhouette, with the functionality of a tote. It was also surprisingly lightweight. There is a canvas one, I believe she called it the GG Supreme, that will be coming out in the next few weeks. I am looking forward to seeing this one in person when it arrives in the boutique. I think it could be a great neutral, but still fun and unique with the enamel/crystal tiger's head. I haven't seen any posts on this bag and was wondering what my fellow bag loving community's impressions of it are? TIA. :heart:

Reactions: jimmie staton
Hello all, I’ve never bought any Gucci shoes before so can anyone tell me if the font style/size is different on shoes vs. handbags? The bloom slides is what I’m looking at. For instance do the 2’s & 5’s not have the little curly-q (only way I can describe it lol)? I have something I’m looking at waiting to be authenticated but rather than wait thought I’d ask if anyone has the answer cuz it’s the only thing I’m unsure of on the auction. Here’s a pic if anyone can help out. TIA
upload_2019-7-29_11-0-52.jpeg

Reactions: jimmie staton
Hello all, I’ve never bought any Gucci shoes before so can anyone tell me if the font style/size is different on shoes vs. handbags? The bloom slides is what I’m looking at. For instance do the 2’s & 5’s not have the little curly-q (only way I can describe it lol)? I have something I’m looking at waiting to be authenticated but rather than wait thought I’d ask if anyone has the answer cuz it’s the only thing I’m unsure of on the auction. Here’s a pic if anyone can help out. TIA
View attachment 4501795
need more pictures.
"J!m"

Reactions: smadden67