Gucci chat thread! (Round 2!!!)

View attachment 4473759 Hello TPFers! I hope this is the right place to ask this as I couldn’t find a shoe specific thread. I have hunting down these boots and found this pair in 35.5. I am between 35.5 and 36, usually 36 in boots. The description says the boots run small. Does anyone have advise on sizing? Thank you!
Gucci mens shoes run about 1 to 2 sizes larger... for example I wear size 10 US, but a Gucci 8, it equals size 42 EU size... I always have to try on a new shoe because the cut may vary... Now if I like the style and need other colors, I know what I wear already in that style. Also, the size that's marked on the bottom of the shoe is usually the Gucci size shoe. not your actually foot size. I've seen places that says a shoe is a size 8 when in all actuality, it is a size 7, and the bottom of the shoe will be marked 7... they will still say on their site that it is a size 8. Go in and try them on, if that option isn't available, make sure they have a 'money back' policy.
"J!m"

Gucci mens shoes run about 1 to 2 sizes larger... for example I wear size 10 US, but a Gucci 8, it equals size 42 EU size... I always have to try on a new shoe because the cut may vary... Now if I like the style and need other colors, I know what I wear already in that style. Also, the size that's marked on the bottom of the shoe is usually the Gucci size shoe. not your actually foot size. I've seen places that says a shoe is a size 8 when in all actuality, it is a size 7, and the bottom of the shoe will be marked 7... they will still say on their site that it is a size 8. Go in and try them on, if that option isn't available, make sure they have a 'money back' policy.
"J!m"
Thank you for the info! Unfortunately, trying them on is not an option and these are non-returnable because they are on sale. The bottom of the boots are marked 35.5 - so, based on what you mentioned these would actually be size 34.5? Ugh, what a dilemma.

Reactions: jimmie staton
Thank you for the info! Unfortunately, trying them on is not an option and these are non-returnable because they are on sale. The bottom of the boots are marked 35.5 - so, based on what you mentioned these would actually be size 34.5? Ugh, what a dilemma.
I know, right ? As far as the EU size which you listed as 35.5 and you are sure of your EU size, then go for it... if they say that it runs small... keep that in mind. Also, in a long boot like that, you might want to have at least a little room because getting them on and off could be a problem, especially if there is no zipper. If they are too small or tight, that will never do, why wear a shoe that hurts you ? If they are a little loose, that's okay, use a shoe insert... maybe two on each boot and/or wear a thicker sock... you will never see the socks or insert because they are in the boot.
"J!m"

Last edited:
Cute bag... Not sure if it's authentic, but it's cute... buy it because you like the bag... not because it says "Gucci" because it's not Gucci at all... at least not boutique Gucci or one that was ever sold in the Gucci boutique... if it's like $5, get it for fun... if it's more than that... use that money to get a real Gucci bag.
"J!m"

Reactions: MooMooVT
I know, right ? As far as the EU size which you listed as 35.5 and you are sure of your EU size, then go for it... if they say that it runs small... keep that in mind. Also, in a long boot like that, you might want to have at least a little room because getting them on and off could be a problem, especially if there is no zipper. If they are too small or tight, that will never do, why wear a shoe that hurts you ? If they are a little loose, that's okay, use a shoe insert... maybe two on each boot and/or wear a thicker sock... you will never see the socks or insert because they are in the boot.
"J!m"
Definitely good points to consider to make the final decision! Thank you for your input !

After ten plus years, my Gucci wallet is finally starting to show a little wear on the leather corners. Amazing! And I have used this wallet every day for those ten + years without a break. The only other wear I can see is the gold hardware is not as bright as it used to be. We've all seen issues with the old uncoated GG canvas after years of use but this uncoated diamante canvas shows absolutely no wear.
wallet.jpg

After ten plus years, my Gucci wallet is finally starting to show a little wear on the leather corners. Amazing! And I have used this wallet every day for those ten + years without a break. The only other wear I can see is the gold hardware is not as bright as it used to be. We've all seen issues with the old uncoated GG canvas after years of use but this uncoated diamante canvas shows absolutely no wear.
View attachment 4476186
Good pick ! I am looking for a mens wallet myself... I am really thinking about the Gucci GG Supreme Night Courier long wallet that has the patches on it (without the zipper and coin section though) for $730 without tax. Sad to say, it cost more than I usually keep in a wallet at any given time. lol. Do I justify this purchase by always keeping at least $1,000 in it (ten $100 dollar bills) or a variation of it that will still fit in the wallet ? lol
"J!m"

View attachment 4476186
Yes I had an old uncoated gucci wallet I wore to death. I alternate now between lv Vernis and a Gucci tian (which is coated) which I adore. The tian print is so pretty I smile when I pull it out of my purse.

I have Yellow Gucci Wedge Patent Leather Horsebit Espadrille Sandals I need authenticated to post on Poshmark. They directed me to this website. Cane I get these authenticated on this site? Thank you in advance for your help.

Attachments

• Gucci serial number.JPG
    Gucci serial number.JPG
    55.3 KB · Views: 94
  • Gucci side.JPG
    Gucci side.JPG
    70.3 KB · Views: 94
  • Gucci sole.JPG
    Gucci sole.JPG
    46.2 KB · Views: 96
  • HorseShoe Gucci front.PNG
    HorseShoe Gucci front.PNG
    253.3 KB · Views: 93
View attachment 4476186

My daily wallet is Gucci (as is my purse) they go on and on and on.

Now you make me sad I didn't buy the Catherine in Diamante canvas and cro as well as the other ( blue python). I love that pattern. It was Gucci's signature until Paolo Gucci came up with the GG '69' pattern in the 1960s.

My daily wallet is Gucci (as is my purse) they go on and on and on.

Now you make me sad I didn't buy the Catherine in Diamante canvas and cro as well as the other ( blue python). I love that pattern. It was Gucci's signature until Paolo Gucci came up with the GG '69' pattern in the 1960s.
Always strike while the iron is hot ! lol... I've had those moments and still feel a little sore about missing out on something I should've had. Also... thank you for the history lesson in Gucci, you are a wealth of information. I appreciate you.
"J!m"

Reactions: papertiger
Always strike while the iron is hot ! lol... I've had those moments and still feel a little sore about missing out on something I should've had. Also... thank you for the history lesson in Gucci, you are a wealth of information. I appreciate you.
"J!m"

Wise words, I totally agree.

Unfortunately I probably couldn't have bought both the python and the croc without credit at the time. But in that case it would have been worth it.

We all appreciate you just for being you Jim!!!

Wise words, I totally agree.
Unfortunately I probably couldn't have bought both the python and the croc without credit at the time. But in that case it would have been worth it.
We all appreciate you just for being you Jim!!!

Well, I think you both are rare gems and I'm very fond of you both!!!! You both have amazing knowledge on my main OCD and I APPRECIATE YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! MUAH!!!!!!!!! :heart::heart::heart: