All Things PEEKABOO - post pics, ask questions and chat here!

Does Farfetch ship to Brazil? They have some men's Peekaboo bags. The small size (which is a bit over 15 inches wide) is a good men's size. It's as big as the largest Sac de Jour from Saint Laurent, which I saw you were also interested in on the Saint Laurent forum.

If you prefer smaller bags, the men's Peekaboo Fit is smaller and slimmer, but looks like a laptop bag/briefcase. I don't think it works for casual looks in my opinion. I had a chance of buying the Fit at a really good price but I turned it down because I couldn't justify buying a casual bag that looks like a work bag (it wasn't big enough for work, though. I couldn't fit my water bottle in there).

The mini size of the men's Fit, however, is adorable. Looks perfect with the new small bag trend for guys, and is very casual due to its size. @fatcat2523 has one. I wouldn't mind adding that to my collection, although I'm eyeing the X-Lite Fit right now.
The mini size is definitely causal looking but it actually hold quite a bit. It is my go to bag now.

They do! But the duties are INSANE, so unless it's on sale or it's from a local boutique, it's not worth it. the price goes double when you buy from other country. I'm traveling to Europe pretty soon so I might wait and see it in person.
And the X-Lite fit it's just amazing, i'm also eyeing it!
I'm still not sure about the SDJ, I think it can get too formal for my lifestyle. The peekaboo looks a bit more relaxed.

Does Farfetch ship to Brazil? They have some men's Peekaboo bags. The small size (which is a bit over 15 inches wide) is a good men's size. It's as big as the largest Sac de Jour from Saint Laurent, which I saw you were also interested in on the Saint Laurent forum.

If you prefer smaller bags, the men's Peekaboo Fit is smaller and slimmer, but looks like a laptop bag/briefcase. I don't think it works for casual looks in my opinion. I had a chance of buying the Fit at a really good price but I turned it down because I couldn't justify buying a casual bag that looks like a work bag (it wasn't big enough for work, though. I couldn't fit my water bottle in there).

The mini size of the men's Fit, however, is adorable. Looks perfect with the new small bag trend for guys, and is very casual due to its size. @fatcat2523 has one. I wouldn't mind adding that to my collection, although I'm eyeing the X-Lite Fit right now.

Reactions: averagejoe
They do! But the duties are INSANE, so unless it's on sale or it's from a local boutique, it's not worth it. the price goes double when you buy from other country. I'm traveling to Europe pretty soon so I might wait and see it in person.
I'm still not sure about the SDJ, I think it can get too formal for my lifestyle. The peekaboo looks a bit more relaxed.
If you are travelling to Europe it could be a good option to buy there, maybe you’ll find a good price, though I guess you’ll have to declare and pay import duties on the way back. There are online resale sites in Europe selling pre-owned; I don’t know if they ship to Brazil or if the duties would make them too unattractive anyway. At least if you can see them in Europe you’ll have a really good idea of which one really suits you, especially if you’re considering buying pre-owned with the possibility of not being able to return just because it turns out it’s the wrong bag for you.

Duties are HORRIBLE! Slightly off-topic, but because I am in need of a confessional and dare not admit it to anyone at home, I recently bought a Chloé skirt online from one of the big US retailers. Which is a crazy proposition price-wise. I couldn’t find my size left anywhere in Europe - just ONE appeared at the US store. So the price I paid was the European retail, plus all the duties and taxes involved in importing that item to the US, THEN the duties and taxes involved in importing a retail item back into Europe (UK - still in Europe :smile: but probably leaving soon :sad: ). I know I’m mad. I will wear the skirt forever, though. It’s an investment. It is. (Keep repeating this to yourself, Annie).

Anyway, back to bags and finding the right one for you.

Have you seen the gorgeous Saint Laurent Manhattan bag? Maybe it’s a touch too feminine for a man. Maybe not, I don’t know. It’s large, probably larger than the large Peekaboo. I would be so tempted to buy this bag (AM tempted to buy this bag) but can’t justify it as I’ve invested so much in my Peekaboo collection and it’s a little too similar. And I spent all that money on the skirt ...

The pictures are from Matches Fashion. I hope it’s ok to post those.

View attachment 4447647View attachment 4447648View attachment 4447647 View attachment 4447648E40F1B81-AAA8-4A57-BA89-EAF9A2323EC0.jpeg F66EBEC1-8449-425F-BA11-02A3A51B2A07.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: averagejoe
I am saving up for my first Peekaboo, hope to buy it in september. However, Melissa Soldera on YouTube mentioned that there might be a big price increase coming. Anyone here that knows more about that?
I have noticed prices go up in really big increments sometimes but can’t remember quite when it happens and don’t know if it’s regular. I’m certain somebody else here will know. I was very glad to have bought my large Selleria in early October 2017 (a Christmas present from my husband, it was packed away until 25th December!) because by the end of December 2017/early January 2018, it was hundreds of pounds more expensive. The change could have been any time between 11th October when it was purchased and late December/early January, I don’t know exactly when it was. And I regret sending back the large calf Peekaboo thinking I couldn’t justify both, because I later decided I could ‘justify’ both (they’re ‘forever’ bags and fulfil different needs) and got it the next year at a hugely increased price.

In other words, it’s really worth finding out about the timing of changes because they can be really substantial, and waiting, unless you really have to, can sometimes unfortunately be a false economy.

Is there somebody here who knows about price increase timings?

When you're flying back home there's a limit of purchases that's not taxable. Usually they only tax electronics here..
And the manhattan tote it's just beautiful, I have such a huge crush with Saint Laurent, I already have a lot of stuff from them, and now i'm trying to mix a little bit my closet.

If you are travelling to Europe it could be a good option to buy there, maybe you’ll find a good price, though I guess you’ll have to declare and pay import duties on the way back. There are online resale sites in Europe selling pre-owned; I don’t know if they ship to Brazil or if the duties would make them too unattractive anyway. At least if you can see them in Europe you’ll have a really good idea of which one really suits you, especially if you’re considering buying pre-owned with the possibility of not being able to return just because it turns out it’s the wrong bag for you. And I loved the "it's an investment" - it's always my excuse!! hahaahha

Duties are HORRIBLE! Slightly off-topic, but because I am in need of a confessional and dare not admit it to anyone at home, I recently bought a Chloé skirt online from one of the big US retailers. Which is a crazy proposition price-wise. I couldn’t find my size left anywhere in Europe - just ONE appeared at the US store. So the price I paid was the European retail, plus all the duties and taxes involved in importing that item to the US, THEN the duties and taxes involved in importing a retail item back into Europe (UK - still in Europe :smile: but probably leaving soon :sad: ). I know I’m mad. I will wear the skirt forever, though. It’s an investment. It is. (Keep repeating this to yourself, Annie).

Anyway, back to bags and finding the right one for you.

Have you seen the gorgeous Saint Laurent Manhattan bag? Maybe it’s a touch too feminine for a man. Maybe not, I don’t know. It’s large, probably larger than the large Peekaboo. I would be so tempted to buy this bag (AM tempted to buy this bag) but can’t justify it as I’ve invested so much in my Peekaboo collection and it’s a little too similar. And I spent all that money on the skirt ...

The pictures are from Matches Fashion. I hope it’s ok to post those.

View attachment 4447647View attachment 4447648View attachment 4447647 View attachment 4447648View attachment 4447652 View attachment 4447653

Reactions: Annie J
I agree with @Annie J . It will be nice to buy from Europe. You'll be able to save that and the VAT.

And I thought we had it bad in Canada with the duties. It's a lot but not double the cost.

That is just awful! The item ended back where it started but somehow the EU profited twice and the US profited as well.

That is just awful! The item ended back where it started but somehow the EU profited twice and the US profited as well.
I know, and I’m the sucker who knowingly went along with it for the sake of the skirt ... I’m positively ashamed! I expect there may be some complicated route with multiple forms and declarations from various different parties in Italy (manufacture), France (Chloé base), US (retailer), Borderfree (processes the export/import duties and shipping) and UK (final destination) by which I could claim some of it back, but, phew, previous experiences tell me it may end in tears anyway, and life just may be too short for it! And don’t get me started on how bad I feel about all the pollution the transport of this skirt has entailed! This has to stop! I will wear my Chloé skirt and gaze upon my Peekaboos and try to be satisfied. I have definitely gone off topic here! And now back to Peekaboos ...

I bought a men’s peekaboo last year and I’m finding that it doesn’t stand upright on its own any longer. I haven’t abused it or anything and have even shelved it for months while I used other bags. Some reason, it falls forward when there’s nothing in the back compartment as a counterweight. Is this physics or poor design? Anyone else have this problem?

I bought a men’s peekaboo last year and I’m finding that it doesn’t stand upright on its own any longer. I haven’t abused it or anything and have even shelved it for months while I used other bags. Some reason, it falls forward when there’s nothing in the back compartment as a counterweight. Is this physics or poor design? Anyone else have this problem?
I have a regular medium sized peekaboo that is doing the exact same thing! I've stored mine properly and I don't even use it very often- never overstuffed it--and when I pulled it out of the box last week to take it out , it falls forward. It's really annoying. I'm thinking maybe getting a defender cover to help it balance better?

Reactions: AndyMor
I have a regular medium sized peekaboo that is doing the exact same thing! I've stored mine properly and I don't even use it very often- never overstuffed it--and when I pulled it out of the box last week to take it out , it falls forward. It's really annoying. I'm thinking maybe getting a defender cover to help it balance better?
Sorry to hear that you have the same problem, but also somewhat relieved I’m not the only one. I loved my Peekaboo but now I’m kind of turned off with the quality and design of the bag. For its price, it should stand upright proudly to showcase the part that makes the bag go peekaboo... it’s now my rainy day bag lol.

Reactions: Metalblond
Have you stored your bags standing up or lying down? Anything in the bag as it is stored?
My thought is that it can start to slouch do to being stored standing up due to heavy handle etc.i have read that for example a Kelly or Birkin by Hermes should always be stored lying down. With some paper in it (cant remember the english name of the type of paper).

Another thought is that the bag is designed to be handheld or used with a shoulder strap and that leather after a while softens.
And the base of the bag is quite small campares to the height of the bag, so it can be physics...

Maybe you should contact Fendi and ask for their opinion in the matter? Is that normal ”behaviour” after some use or should the bag always stand up when put on a table or similar without anything in it?
If it is something that is wrong then they should help you out, if not, then you know.

I will some day buy a Peekaboo but today i have a belt bag and cabas phantom from Celine. One is really rigid and hard and the leater is not soft, i would have to treat that bag really bad for it to start to slouch, the other one is soft, and its a bag that is deep. I know the sides one day will start to slouch/fall down if there is nothing in the bag due to the leather getting softer by use.

So to sum up, i think (in mumien opinion) with any bag you have to think about:
How do i store it?
How is the leather, soft or hard?
How is the construction/design and proportions?
How Do i use it/treat the bag?

I have for example seen Mulberry Bayswaters. Those bags are quite sturdy and stand up on their own in store. But when that bag with quite thick sturdy leather gets used it starts to loose it and after a while it cant stand on its own anymore.

Good luck! I think checking the issue with Fendi could be a good Idea, Maybe its something wrong with the bags?

Reactions: Annie J
Have you stored your bags standing up or lying down? Anything in the bag as it is stored?
My thought is that it can start to slouch do to being stored standing up due to heavy handle etc.i have read that for example a Kelly or Birkin by Hermes should always be stored lying down. With some paper in it (cant remember the english name of the type of paper).

Another thought is that the bag is designed to be handheld or used with a shoulder strap and that leather after a while softens.
And the base of the bag is quite small campares to the height of the bag, so it can be physics...

Maybe you should contact Fendi and ask for their opinion in the matter? Is that normal ”behaviour” after some use or should the bag always stand up when put on a table or similar without anything in it?
If it is something that is wrong then they should help you out, if not, then you know.

I will some day buy a Peekaboo but today i have a belt bag and cabas phantom from Celine. One is really rigid and hard and the leater is not soft, i would have to treat that bag really bad for it to start to slouch, the other one is soft, and its a bag that is deep. I know the sides one day will start to slouch/fall down if there is nothing in the bag due to the leather getting softer by use.

How do i store it?

I have for example seen Mulberry Bayswaters. Those bags are quite sturdy and stand up on their own in store. But when that bag with quite thick sturdy leather gets used it starts to loose it and after a while it cant stand on its own anymore.

Good luck! I think checking the issue with Fendi could be a good Idea, Maybe its something wrong with the bags?
Thank you for the thoughts in your response. I definitely will check in with my sweet SA. Everything you stated makes sense, from the supple leather, small base, heavy hardware, etc. I also didn’t store my bag on its bag 100% of the time. I really don’t mind unstructured bags, but the peekaboo is unsightly when it sits face planted on my desk in the office. The other option is to keep it pressed against the wall with its back facing me....

I will be sure to report back with any advice from my SA.

Reactions: Metalblond

How do i store it?

Hi...thanks for your advice! I store everything on it's side in a box with tissue or those little air cushions inside (like Hermes). Gravity isn't anyone's friend :sad: Anyway, I went to Fendi today and they said that you really have to balance things on either side to make it stand straight or else, yes, it falls down. That's probably why they re-designed the bag without the heavy middle piece on the X-lite. I think it's the heavy mid-section that causes the issue--too much weight on one side tips it over. I was thinking it may have just been my bag (and AndyMor's bag) but, in my case, they said my bag looked brand new and there was nothing wrong with it--but it's something they hear a lot. Just balance what you put in it. Now, my bag empty does it, but that could be the weight of the strap or the way the handle is balanced. It's annoying but normal, apparently.

Reactions: AndyMor