All Things PEEKABOO - post pics, ask questions and chat here!

Penny is dear friends with Sylvia Fendi.. She just revealed a piece on her instagram that was made especially for her and presented to her by Sylvia herself. She sells many different brands on her website.... I too bought this edition of the peekaboo and feel that it is legit. I have since sold it because the size felt too small for me but I had no doubts in my mind that it was authentic. She is the real deal

yknow ladies, i am also eying that edition peekaboo and i've shortlisted a seller on my local resale site. she mentioned she got it from LNS too! also randomly googled and a lady on YT also mentioned she got hers there. how is that possible that so many pieces are being sold on that platform?
ok its not 1 seller but 2 on the local resale site that got theirs from LNS. that's just weird.

My thought is, if it feels weird/off or make you doubt it, then its probably so. Maybe it is legit but if you dont feel absolutely sure the bag is real and always will think about it, then return/dont buy because it will always be that itch in your mind. There are a massive amount of other bags out there.

Reactions: arivera0817
Just to pipe in about LNS...I bought a Celine bag from her last year. I never questioned its authenticity, it felt real. When I was ready to let the bag go, I gave it to my usual consignment store who said Tradesy deemed it a fake because of the serial number. I reached out to Penny who expressed surprise but was willing to take the bag back for a refund. Eventually, I heard back from the consignment store, who, apparently had heard back from Tradesy. They had changed their mind and upon further review, said the bag was indeed authentic.

Anyway, after that and a recent hiccup with HG bags, I will no longer buy from re-sellers. The savings aren’t worth it, to me.

I am saving up for my first Peekaboo, hope to buy it in september. However, Melissa Soldera on YouTube mentioned that there might be a big price increase coming. Anyone here that knows more about that?

Lately i've been thinking a lot about a peekaboo.
I've found some interesting prices in the preloved market for a large one, but I'm having second thoughts about the size, I think might too big for me. (I'm 5.5).
Would be great if anyone here could help me out, especially with size comparisons or mod shots!
TIA

View attachment 4401251
Ha, ha...I also own the Alma BB in black Epi! We have good taste! I would suggest looking on Fashionphile as they are about 50% less than buying them new. Here is a picture I took of the Dove Peekaboo and a black grommet short handle. Sorry not a great photo.

Question on the shoulder mini (or short) strap for a peekaboo:
The mini strap is advertised as a shoulder mini strap; is it comfortable on the shoulder? It looks too small and I wonder if interferes with the bag handle. I've a peekaboo, and the original strap is too long for me, so I would like to replace it with a better shoulder strap. Thanks!:flowers:

The mini strap is advertised as a shoulder mini strap; is it comfortable on the shoulder? It looks too small and I wonder if interferes with the bag handle. I've a peekaboo, and the original strap is too long for me, so I would like to replace it with a better shoulder strap. Thanks!:flowers:

If you mean would a mini Strap You interfere with the bag handle on a regular (medium) size classic Peekaboo (and not an Essentially or an X-Lite, of which I have no experience), the answer is, yes, it will. I bought a mini strap and somewhat regretted it as it is uncomfortable and awkward on the shoulder, too close to the bag handle, and also isn’t great to carry it by hand either, because it sits very close in height to the bag handle. I do use it (I have one of the metallic studded ones) but view it as decoration, not a functional item.

I think I am right in saying that the regular size Strap Yous are all shorter and wider than the shoulder strap that the regular Peekaboo comes with. They would certainly work better as a shoulder strap with the regular/medium classic Peekaboo. I have one of those straps and that works fine. Most if not all of the Strap Yous are not adjustable, as far as I can remember, so you’d have to check they’re short enough for you. I’m not 100% certain whether all regular Strap Yous are the same length as mine, and I’m not at home right now and so I can’t double check, I’m afraid; however you should be able to see that on the Fendi site. So if we’re talking about a regular (medium) size Peekaboo, a regular Strap You might be what you need.

If it’s a mini Peekaboo you have ... I do have a mini Peekaboo but haven’t tried the mini Strap You on it and, again, I’m afraid I’m not at home right now so can’t check if the smaller bag handle and the mini Strap You would interfere with each other in the same way if it is to be used as a shoulder strap. Probably not, or I guess they wouldn’t sell them as ‘shoulder straps’ (though that just could be a translation issue ... ), but you might want to keep asking in case someone else can answer on that point. However the mini straps are undoubtedly quite short and you would be using your mini Peekaboo tucked quite high under your arm, I THINK, from memory and extrapolation, almost small Baguette-style.

Last edited:
Lately i've been thinking a lot about a peekaboo.
I've found some interesting prices in the preloved market for a large one, but I'm having second thoughts about the size, I think might too big for me. (I'm 5.5).
Would be great if anyone here could help me out, especially with size comparisons or mod shots!
TIA
I’m a 5’6” woman and I can’t post a mod shot, I’m afraid, but I would say ... I have both large and regular/medium (classic, not X-Lite, Essentially etc) and they both look fine for my size. I think a regular/medium could potentially look too conventionally lady-like on a man because in that size, with its shape, it just has a slightly more conventional classic ladies’ handbag feel to it (especially with the gold hardware, a little less so with the palladium hardware) The large is not enormous and might be a better bet for you? I think the large Peekaboo is a great bag for a man and I’d get one for my husband, if only he didn’t believe no bag can be worth more than about £30!

Edited to add: By the way, of course, there is a specific men’s model which has slightly different features. Perhaps that’s what you meant anyway. But I think the large classic model would be lovely for a man too.

Last edited:
Thank you, Annie!
I totally agree with your opinion for a medium size for a guy..
I couldn't find the men's version here in Brazil preloved or new :sad:

I’m a 5’6” woman and I can’t post a mod shot, I’m afraid, but I would say ... I have both large and regular/medium (classic, not X-Lite, Essentially etc) and they both look fine for my size. I think a regular/medium could potentially look too conventionally lady-like on a man because in that size, with its shape, it just has a slightly more conventional classic ladies’ handbag feel to it (especially with the gold hardware, a little less so with the palladium hardware) The large is not enormous and might be a better bet for you? I think the large Peekaboo is a great bag for a man and I’d get one for my husband, if only he didn’t believe no bag can be worth more than about £30!

Edited to add: By the way, of course, there is a specific men’s model which has slightly different features. Perhaps that’s what you meant anyway. But I think the large classic model would be lovely for a man too.

Thank you, Annie!
Ah, that’s a shame. Still, I think the other one in the large size is fairly unisex anyway. I’m pretty sure I’ve seen men talking about this somewhere in the Fendi forum. I definitely don’t think the large would be too big for you, in any case. Hope you find one you like. I think they’re so fresh and modern but so classic too, and the quality is great. I personally would not buy a very old model because at some point they changed the structure and the leather. This certainly applies to the medium size and I think it applies to the old large ones too, though I’m not certain about the large. Certainly the newer large ones anyway have turned out, glazed seams which hold the bag’s structure really well. They now ‘peek’ less easily than they used to, but hold their structure better and I feel are likely to last much better (though Selleria leather will drop quite readily; I have both types but I love the smooth calf best!)

I just had a look: there’s lots of chat in the Fendi Fellas thread. Have you looked there or asked AverageJoe or one of the other guys who post there? Maybe you already have. Maybe one of the new Peekaboo models would suit you, too. :smile:

Last edited:
Reactions: averagejoe
If you mean would a mini Strap You interfere with the bag handle on a regular (medium) size classic Peekaboo (and not an Essentially or an X-Lite, of which I have no experience), the answer is, yes, it will. I bought a mini strap and somewhat regretted it as it is uncomfortable and awkward on the shoulder, too close to the bag handle, and also isn’t great to carry it by hand either, because it sits very close in height to the bag handle. I do use it (I have one of the metallic studded ones) but view it as decoration, not a functional item.

I think I am right in saying that the regular size Strap Yous are all shorter and wider than the shoulder strap that the regular Peekaboo comes with. They would certainly work better as a shoulder strap with the regular/medium classic Peekaboo. I have one of those straps and that works fine. Most if not all of the Strap Yous are not adjustable, as far as I can remember, so you’d have to check they’re short enough for you. I’m not 100% certain whether all regular Strap Yous are the same length as mine, and I’m not at home right now and so I can’t double check, I’m afraid; however you should be able to see that on the Fendi site. So if we’re talking about a regular (medium) size Peekaboo, a regular Strap You might be what you need.

If it’s a mini Peekaboo you have ... I do have a mini Peekaboo but haven’t tried the mini Strap You on it and, again, I’m afraid I’m not at home right now so can’t check if the smaller bag handle and the mini Strap You would interfere with each other in the same way if it is to be used as a shoulder strap. Probably not, or I guess they wouldn’t sell them as ‘shoulder straps’ (though that just could be a translation issue ... ), but you might want to keep asking in case someone else can answer on that point. However the mini straps are undoubtedly quite short and you would be using your mini Peekaboo tucked quite high under your arm, I THINK, from memory and extrapolation, almost small Baguette-style.

I just thought I should add, if it’s a mini Peekaboo you have, you could easily use a regular Strap You on it, it would just look a little chunkier with it.

I just thought I should add, if it’s a mini Peekaboo you have, you could easily use a regular Strap You on it, it would just look a little chunkier with it.
Thanks for your input, I have a regular peekaboo. From what I understood, the mini shoulder strap is useless. :sad:I will try to go to the store one of these days to check on the other straps. :flowers:

Reactions: Annie J
Thanks for your input, I have a regular peekaboo. From what I understood, the mini shoulder strap is useless. :sad:I will try to go to the store one of these days to check on the other straps. :flowers:
I think the mini Strap You is specifically for the mini bags but I think it may work better on the Kan I than it does on the mini Peekaboo. I might be remembering a little wrong about that, might be fine for the mini PB. But I certainly wouldn’t get it for a regular PB.
Hope you find one that works for you!

Thank you, Annie!
Does Farfetch ship to Brazil? They have some men's Peekaboo bags. The small size (which is a bit over 15 inches wide) is a good men's size. It's as big as the largest Sac de Jour from Saint Laurent, which I saw you were also interested in on the Saint Laurent forum.

If you prefer smaller bags, the men's Peekaboo Fit is smaller and slimmer, but looks like a laptop bag/briefcase. I don't think it works for casual looks in my opinion. I had a chance of buying the Fit at a really good price but I turned it down because I couldn't justify buying a casual bag that looks like a work bag (it wasn't big enough for work, though. I couldn't fit my water bottle in there).

The mini size of the men's Fit, however, is adorable. Looks perfect with the new small bag trend for guys, and is very casual due to its size. @fatcat2523 has one. I wouldn't mind adding that to my collection, although I'm eyeing the X-Lite Fit right now.

Reactions: Annie J