Scarves H Eyeliner Scarves

No worries, everything will remind someone of something. Check fabric is also synonymous with British Mod shirts, Italian bistro tablecloths, Victorian clothing, French ingénues, mid-century aprons, pin cushions, picnic baskets and jam covers. I eve had a school uniform in blue ad white check. This scarf does play tribute to all those practical things. However, this is the Rolls Royce of check and once seen IRL beyond all comparisons.
So very true. I am not a fan of gingham, as growing up I was required to wear gingham dresses or gingham pinafores over dresses. Albeit, the dresses were all lovingly handmade, the required dresses left me with MEH. LOL. Perhaps I'll feel differently when I see and feel in person.

Reactions: papertiger
Now I'm jealous. this is soooo smart :ps: Congratulations!
You are an astounding enabler, PT. I was still a bit hesitant till I saw it IRL. The only eyeliner I'd seen previously was your bordeaux Dallet, and I think I dismissed it because I was already satisfied with the two I had in that design.

I also took a look at the red BdG eyeliner, but no lust/greed/love erupted (cue image of chestburster epic fail). It is very pretty and smart. The eyeliner weave gives it a different vibe from the regular twill.

Picnic basket?! There's another idea for @HoneyLocks fantasy use, an elegant silk in a picnic basket with scrumptious treats. :graucho:
I might drop by my local H and see if the DC in marine cw comes home with me.

Only the best picnics!

Attachments

• 215-32-300061716154722.jpg
    215-32-300061716154722.jpg
    629.4 KB · Views: 547
  • Luxury-Gifts-Women-discount-tweed-picnic-basket-with-tableware-min-1024x1024.jpg
    Luxury-Gifts-Women-discount-tweed-picnic-basket-with-tableware-min-1024x1024.jpg
    148.5 KB · Views: 547
  • andrew-james-4-person-premium-traditional-picnic-hamper-blue-check-p412-8194_image.jpg
    andrew-james-4-person-premium-traditional-picnic-hamper-blue-check-p412-8194_image.jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 544
You are an astounding enabler, PT. I was still a bit hesitant till I saw it IRL. The only eyeliner I'd seen previously was your bordeaux Dallet, and I think I dismissed it because I was already satisfied with the two I had in that design.

I also took a look at the red BdG eyeliner, but no lust/greed/love erupted (cue image of chestburster epic fail). It is very pretty and smart. The eyeliner weave gives it a different vibe from the regular twill.

It was a slow grower on me too, had to go back to get it. It helped that I only had Tigre Bengal and Les Tigreaux, if I have another I've forgotten

So very true. I am not a fan of gingham, as growing up I was required to wear gingham dresses or gingham pinafores over dresses. Albeit, the dresses were all lovingly handmade, the required dresses left me with MEH. LOL. Perhaps I'll feel differently when I see and feel in person.

Check out the DC too perhaps, there's no gingham check

Reactions: Ceeyahd
Bolstered by this thread I went to my local store ( Manchester, UK) to retry the Della Cavalleria which I love the look of, but it didn't love me back.
Manchester has now received all three colours of Della Cavalleria if anyone in the UK is desperate to acquire one and they are on open display whereas they were hidden in the drawers before Christmas. I will have to wait and see if I can finally find a DC in a colourway and format that I can live with. I do so love the design - it manages to be fresh, nautical and horsey all at the same time!

Bolstered by this thread I went to my local store ( Manchester, UK) to retry the Della Cavalleria which I love the look of, but it didn't love me back.
Manchester has now received all three colours of Della Cavalleria if anyone in the UK is desperate to acquire one and they are on open display whereas they were hidden in the drawers before Christmas. I will have to wait and see if I can finally find a DC in a colourway and format that I can live with. I do so love the design - it manages to be fresh, nautical and horsey all at the same time!
My wallet is so happy when that happens :P
Della Cavalleria is glorious as a moussie. The only time I found it was at KL airport, but the sole SA was coughing and wheezing, so I fled :nuts: (price was also higher than home, so double the reason to go).

OMG, I just got this one! As I said in the spring 2019 thread, I find the brides de gala reissues an overkill, but found the stripes on this one irresistible. The didn't have it in store, and said they will call when it arrives, but in the meantime I could not resist ordering online. Have not seen it in person yet.
View attachment 4299598

View attachment 4299599

How are your Eyeliners Finesse?
I forgot to update on this one. I actually returned because I found it a bit plain. The SA said more colors were coming and in fact today I brought back home the lighter blue with the bright yellow trim. Oh so perfect for Spring! Will post pics.

I can notice the stiffness, but the SA was unware of it being a different silk at all... I wonder whether it softens with time... Any intel?

I forgot to update on this one. I actually returned because I found it a bit plain. The SA said more colors were coming and in fact today I brought back home the lighter blue with the bright yellow trim. Oh so perfect for Spring! Will post pics.

I can notice the stiffness, but the SA was unware of it being a different silk at all... I wonder whether it softens with time... Any intel?

I think the weave makes it behave differently. My SA was very careful to point-out the differences when bringing one out. Miracle though, it does't really crease. Still waiting for Summer when I think the scarf will come into its own.

Funny enough I am totally besotted with the Jaune Vif border Eyeliner Finesse, it's def classic with a (lemon) twist.

Did you manage to take any pics yet? I'd love to see mod pics of this very cw if you get the time. Sometimes these very 'neutral' scarves can be the most versatile, plus that cw is great for Summer, a season not so well covered in my scarf wardrobe.

Reactions: doni
Did you manage to take any pics yet? I'd love to see mod pics of this very cw if you get the time. Sometimes these very 'neutral' scarves can be the most versatile, plus that cw is great for Summer, a season not so well covered in my scarf wardrobe.

Not really but I had it as a prop in the quick pics I made of my new Verrou as I brought them home together. Here it is .

I brought the scarf on vacation and can see I will be using it a lot. It is perfect for Spring and will be the ideal substitute and give a rest to my worn out blue cw Camails that I got through your intervention :P. Will try to take pics but I am very bad and uncreative at tying up scarves...

38692BE0-E87B-4FE1-B906-AC2FB69071B5.jpeg F7F15FC3-803E-4199-91C0-5E9D2211ACAB.jpeg

Not really but I had it as a prop in the quick pics I made of my new Verrou as I brought them home together. Here it is .

I brought the scarf on vacation and can see I will be using it a lot. It is perfect for Spring and will be the ideal substitute and give a rest to my worn out blue cw Camails that I got through your intervention :P. Will try to take pics but I am very bad and uncreative at tying up scarves...

View attachment 4404269 View attachment 4404270

OMG, I can see it's a winner on you, beautiful with you V too

Reactions: Julide