The Return of the Saddle Bag

Thanks @averagejoe for your response. I’ve been lucky enough to find one of the elusive smooth leather bags but I want a bag that will stand the test of time so I will make the swap if I can obtain a grained leather version.
The grained leather version won't be released till November, I think (not sure). Perhaps call your SA and inquire about when it is available, and so that they can put one on hold for you.

Reactions: vink
The grained leather version won't be released till November, I think (not sure). Perhaps call your SA and inquire about when it is available, and so that they can put one on hold for you.

Apparently they will be released as early as 2 weeks from now. My boutique was taking pre orders last week (as I’m sure other boutiques were as well).

Reactions: vink and averagejoe
I have a feeling they wanted to keep the Saddle bag momentum going...but most of collection will drop in November I assume?
Vuitton does the same thing. Some Cruise pieces are available quite early. I was able to score my Kabuki strap in early October even though it is part of Cruise. They may have faster production cycles now, too, and it does keep the new arrivals and novelty coming to the boutique. There is still not a single Saddle bag on display in Toronto as they are still sold out, so hopefully the Cruise ones will leave some floor models that I can see for the first time in real life.

Reactions: vink
Vuitton does the same thing. Some Cruise pieces are available quite early. I was able to score my Kabuki strap in early October even though it is part of Cruise. They may have faster production cycles now, too, and it does keep the new arrivals and novelty coming to the boutique. There is still not a single Saddle bag on display in Toronto as they are still sold out, so hopefully the Cruise ones will leave some floor models that I can see for the first time in real life.

Spoke to my SA, and she said that the saddles arriving in 2 weeks (Cruise versions) are those that were pre-ordered. And the rest will come end of October/November.

I just got one, so I’ll need to be good...until end of October!

Reactions: averagejoe

Last year they launched the the first wave of LV cruise the last week of September... I remember because I was in California and an SA showed me the pieces they had for pre orders.... so crazy how soon launches come year to year.

Reactions: averagejoe