The Return of the Saddle Bag

Just saying what I'm thinking, the prices of the embroidered are put off (and so are the separately available straps) Maybe those are too '90s anyway. The shades of pink and red in the plain leather are really nice but I can't see me getting a second. What do they say? If you can remember the trend the first time around...:nogood:

Reactions: CoachCruiser
Do you mean PurseBlog?

They posted an article: https://www.purseblog.com/dior/the-dior-saddle-bag-is-officially-back-in-stores/
Dior-Saddle-Bag-1.jpg
Dior-Saddle-Bag-6.jpg
Dior-Saddle-Bag-5.jpg
Dior-Saddle-Bag-8.jpg
Dior-Saddle-Bag-2.jpg

That blogpost actually makes me want to run out and buy one. And I’m trying my best not to. At least, until November when I’m traveling abroad and can buy one tax free. [emoji16]

What a great summary, thanks. To me the best improvement is the closure, even if I am not a fan of magnetic closures. End 90s velcro might have been an innovative idea, but today it feels cheap.

The old and the new Saddle has quite a few subtle differences:

1) All the hardware is different. Everything from the font of the C and D to the aged finish of the metal on the new ones is different from the old. The metal piece between the C and D used to be a metal "bow" shape but now it is just a simple "bar".

2) The new calfskin Saddles do not have leather piping. Instead, they have hand-dyed edges. The new embroidered and Oblique ones have leather piping. All of the older Saddle bags had leather piping.

3) The new Saddle is lined in suede for the calfskin and embroidered versions, and canvas for the Oblique version. The old Saddles had a plethora of different linings depending on the season, so there was plain nylon lining, monogram jacquard, scarf print canvas, and even leather.

4) The new Saddle has a magnetic closure. The old Saddle has a Velcro closure.

5) Where the top strap is attached to the C hardware, and where the D charm is attached to the leather strip on the new Saddle shows the leather tab that was folded over to a greater degree than the old one, (I assume) to make the bag look less "delicate"/"dainty".

6) The zipper tab inside the new Saddle is made of leather, and the zipper itself has a leather guard to make it open and close easily. The older Saddle had a metal CD zipper tab, and no leather guard around the zipper so you had to hold the canvas down sometimes to close the zipper inside. The new mini Saddle doesn't have a zipper at all inside.

Reactions: averagejoe