Dior Chat Thread

Hi everyone! Not sure where to post my question so I thought I would try the chat thread, I have always loved Dior bags but have wandered off to Chanel and Hermes in the last few years, I’ve been looking at the mini lady Dior bags and think they’re super cute, but am not really a huge fan of the chain. Has anyone ever been able to order replacement thin leather strap in the seasonal colour or does anyone know if this may be possible? Thank you kindly!
Hi, not all mini LD bags come with chain strap. Classic black and also some seasonal colours come with a thin leather strap. I have a seasonal mini LD with a leather strap.

My store (heathrow t5) invited a few of us out for dinner in Hutong Shard last night. It was a great fun. Everyone came home with some moon cakes.
(Most of these photos were taken by youtuber FoodishBeauty. You guys can probably tell the difference in quality as I have zero photography skill)

Attachments

• 4004E0C2-8535-4D7B-8584-AC34712888BE.jpeg
    4004E0C2-8535-4D7B-8584-AC34712888BE.jpeg
    146.5 KB · Views: 395
  • 5FDC9CF6-D189-478C-87E1-6173263F6444.jpeg
    5FDC9CF6-D189-478C-87E1-6173263F6444.jpeg
    297.6 KB · Views: 402
  • E06B1CA4-259B-4655-9994-5CA3FB7B0460.jpeg
    E06B1CA4-259B-4655-9994-5CA3FB7B0460.jpeg
    120.5 KB · Views: 403
  • F56A0A02-0332-4E04-AE49-94C598F44EAF.jpeg
    F56A0A02-0332-4E04-AE49-94C598F44EAF.jpeg
    113.6 KB · Views: 403
  • B4F639D6-1B7D-4AD0-8A81-4B0ACBF0715D.jpeg
    B4F639D6-1B7D-4AD0-8A81-4B0ACBF0715D.jpeg
    74.1 KB · Views: 401
  • EAA7BC91-9736-47BD-BC6E-328BE003867A.jpeg
    EAA7BC91-9736-47BD-BC6E-328BE003867A.jpeg
    140.3 KB · Views: 405
  • F1F3FBB7-377C-4454-9754-429EE1A825FB.jpeg
    F1F3FBB7-377C-4454-9754-429EE1A825FB.jpeg
    205 KB · Views: 396
  • A0F3A5F7-7C8F-4873-A761-3039564CF61D.jpeg
    A0F3A5F7-7C8F-4873-A761-3039564CF61D.jpeg
    108.3 KB · Views: 403
Last edited:
My store (heathrow t5) invited a few of us out for dinner in Hutong Shard last night. It was a great fun. Everyone came home with some moon cakes.
(Most of these photos were taken by youtuber FoodishBeauty. You guys can probably tell the difference in quality as I have zero photography skill)
Wow! What VIP treatment!!!

I just saw comments on the blog thread that this just presented collection was Maria's last for Dior??
There is no insider source confirming this in the fashion press. There is actually speculation that Kim Jones may take over women's Dior in a few years, but this is just a rumour as well. It is very difficult for one man to design all of Dior's collections (Haute Couture, men's, women's). The point of doing this is to unite Dior under one signature, but given the scope of the brand, it is a difficult task. Changing Dior Homme to just Dior "man" is a step.

Sales are also increasing under Maria Grazia Chiuri's direction. While some people on the internet keep sharing their dislike of Maria Grazia, sales are showing that the brand momentum is up. Her designs are resonating with new customers to the brand, especially a younger clientele. It would seem silly to lose that momentum by dropping Maria Grazia now.

Reactions: TraceySH
There is no insider source confirming this in the fashion press. There is actually speculation that Kim Jones may take over women's Dior in a few years, but this is just a rumour as well. It is very difficult for one man to design all of Dior's collections (Haute Couture, men's, women's). The point of doing this is to unite Dior under one signature, but given the scope of the brand, it is a difficult task. Changing Dior Homme to just Dior "man" is a step.

Sales are also increasing under Maria Grazia Chiuri's direction. While some people on the internet keep sharing their dislike of Maria Grazia, sales are showing that the brand momentum is up. Her designs are resonating with new customers to the brand, especially a younger clientele. It would seem silly to lose that momentum by dropping Maria Grazia now.
I agree! As you know it's hit or miss for me with her, but the things I love, I LOVE.

I did ask my SA and she said the same about Kim Jones, but they have not received official word about anything "just yet".

I agree! As you know it's hit or miss for me with her, but the things I love, I LOVE.

I did ask my SA and she said the same about Kim Jones, but they have not received official word about anything "just yet".

Hi Tracey, have you bought any RTW recently?
I personally haven't bought anything by MGC. It is saving me lots of cash of course but I'm also missing my Dior.
Saw nice shoes today but the logo ribbon all over them - seriously, how many logos can one carry? I'm not a football player to have logos on each part of my body

Hi Tracey, have you bought any RTW recently?
I personally haven't bought anything by MGC. It is saving me lots of cash of course but I'm also missing my Dior.
Saw nice shoes today but the logo ribbon all over them - seriously, how many logos can one carry? I'm not a football player to have logos on each part of my body
Hi @Sheikha Latifa I have not. Some of the gowns are stunning, but my lifestyle is more rugged/ mountain/ outdoors/ casual. We live 10 min from the ski slopes, so dainty and delicate would not work, nor would kitten-heeled ribbon pumps. I am sure her clothing is amazing for the right person, but that person is not me. I am limited to fashion expression in outerwear (beautiful leather pieces or Moncler), denim, boots that can handle the elements, and handbags. I am not a fan of the spring collection of bags with fabric, logos or tie dye (they remind me too much of Valentino or Times Square - color cacophony really). I am also mid-40s, I do not believe I am the target consumer for most of this anyways :confused1:

After the nightmare of watching Hedi’s debut for Celine, it would be really distasteful for LVMH to replace MGC with Kim Jones. To be a company celebrating female empowerment for a few years now and replace her with a man? I love Kim Jones’ work but would hate to see him burn out by having to design 10 collections a year.

Also, Soho Dior Homme is closing that location and moving directly next to the women’s store, so yes clearly there’s a unification going on.

Whether you like MGCs collections or not, she has really diversified the products that Dior offers (and naturally contributed to rising profits). I think her products are more now (yet not too far fetch to be accepted as being Dior). Her vision for the brand have been far more welcoming and not the cold - stuffy Dior from a few years ago.

Reactions: averagejoe