Reputable Sellers of Givenchy Bags!

They replied and are adamant the bag is authentic and they also said they would pay for cost of repair and they will also pay to get it authenticated by Givenchy in Melbourne.

I would doubt very much that Givenchy in Melbourne would authenticate your item, even if paid. A lot of stores don’t do this. Please see what Givenchy has adviced above.

Email Givenchy yourself and go to ACCC with Givenchys confirmation that they do not distribute to this store.

I would doubt very much that Givenchy in Melbourne would authenticate your item, even if paid. A lot of stores don’t do this. Please see what Givenchy has adviced above.

Email Givenchy yourself and go to ACCC with Givenchys confirmation that they do not distribute to this store.
That's what I told her.. She's progressing with an ACCC claim.

Coming from the horses mouth....

View attachment 4151667

So I just received my bag back from the repairs. IMm not happy. They have worked so hard to repair the scratches that the grain is now completely different
I’ve also been able to compare my bag with the images I took & with the discussions I had instore at Chadstone when I was there in July, and have seen 3 key differences (that he suggested I look for!) with my bag vs the one sold in the Givenchy store. I am ropeable. I will be hitting them up for a refund tomorrow. I am absolutely fuming & heartbroken. How dare they.

So I just received my bag back from the repairs. IMm not happy. They have worked so hard to repair the scratches that the grain is now completely different
I’ve also been able to compare my bag with the images I took & with the discussions I had instore at Chadstone when I was there in July, and have seen 3 key differences (that he suggested I look for!) with my bag vs the one sold in the Givenchy store. I am ropeable. I will be hitting them up for a refund tomorrow. I am absolutely fuming & heartbroken. How dare they.

WOW! Do you have photos?

Thank you for posting this. I am about to email them to add to my file & back my claim. Did it take a while to hear back, or are they quite prompt?

I’m so sorry to hear about your bag. Givenchy was quite quick to reply. However, since I’ve posted this, I’ve found that it seems most designer houses have this standard response to this query. They definitely want or prefer people to buy directly from their stores.

For example, Celine claimed that Parlour X in Sydney was not a place they supplied when Parlour X in facts deals and buys directly from Celine and PX was not happy with that response. They love to do the whole spiel of “To ensure authenticity, it is advised you purchase directly from our stores”.

I do hope you get your money back [emoji17]

I've visited ******* physically and the Antigona's there appear authentic. I know people who have purchased from there and don't seem to have any complaints. I personally prefer to shop at Reebonz simply because of their reputation.

Did you end up buying from *******?

I would love to know the outcome and what you did? I just found out my Givenchy Antigona from ******* is counterfeit and I want my money back from *******.

Hi there, any progress on this? My friend just bought from ******* also and her hardware has broken after only two months. She's devastated!

UPDATE: bag is counterfeit.
The ******* company in Sydney Australia is selling replica items, both in stores and online. They are called superfakes meaning that the bags attempt to look authentic to deceive the consumer but are actually counterfeit.