2018 resolution - shopping my own bag and wallet collection. Any one else?

I can’t seem to find any luck adding a bag to my collection. But, I am on the hunt for a new workout bag. (I don’t count these as it’s a functional bag / luggage)

I don’t change / shower at the gym so I only need a smallish crossbody to hold wallet, sunnies, towel, weight lifting gloves, snack, tissues and misc items like gum.

Anyone have a great bag they love?
Longchamp le pliage neo? Comes in various sizes with handles and strap. Otherwise if you wanted a bigger bag I just saw something in Cole Haan that might work.

Reactions: Cookiefiend
5C831667-3A22-438F-ABC3-2717A23B7379.jpeg
Hi Ladies!
I had mentioned earlier after I purchased my black tote that I was looking for a lighter colored tote for summer. I was trying to stay away from anything with conspicuous branding and ended up with these two totes from Cole Haan. I will be returning the bag on the left. It was my backup plan in case I couldn’t get the woven bag, which I prefer. The bag on the right is beautifully made and as you can see, includes a strap, which I like. So now my tote collection is complete!

Life has been nonstop since I was here last. Dd graduated from college this month and ds will graduate from hs in a couple weeks. I’ve had a painter here repainting walls and ceilings and refinishing woodwork. We’ve lived in our home 13 years and it is due! He also power washed our deck for me which looks so much better now!

In our area it is tradition to host a large graduation party when a child graduates from high school and we will be having our party in a few weeks. I’ve always prepared the food in the past (for our two dd’s parties) but this year I decided to have it catered. Even without doing the food, life will be very busy between now and the party.

I hope all is well with everyone here and that you are all having a good spring!

View attachment 4071945
Hi Ladies!
I had mentioned earlier after I purchased my black tote that I was looking for a lighter colored tote for summer. I was trying to stay away from anything with conspicuous branding and ended up with these two totes from Cole Haan. I will be returning the bag on the left. It was my backup plan in case I couldn’t get the woven bag, which I prefer. The bag on the right is beautifully made and as you can see, includes a strap, which I like. So now my tote collection is complete!

Life has been nonstop since I was here last. Dd graduated from college this month and ds will graduate from hs in a couple weeks. I’ve had a painter here repainting walls and ceilings and refinishing woodwork. We’ve lived in our home 13 years and it is due! He also power washed our deck for me which looks so much better now!

In our area it is tradition to host a large graduation party when a child graduates from high school and we will be having our party in a few weeks. I’ve always prepared the food in the past (for our two dd’s parties) but this year I decided to have it catered. Even without doing the food, life will be very busy between now and the party.

I hope all is well with everyone here and that you are all having a good spring!
The woven one is lovely. Good luck with the party.

Reactions: can_do_mom
View attachment 4071945
Hi Ladies!

Beautiful woven bag! It’s lovely to have these happy occasions to celebrate and it’s good to be busy too. Did you learn to use that lawnmower yet?

View attachment 4071945
Hi Ladies!

I love it and enjoy the party!!

View attachment 4071945
Hi Ladies!

Both bags are beautiful, but I would have made the same choice as you.
Congrats to all the graduates, and to MOM! Catering sounds like the smartest idea ever.

I’ve decided that I will get a bag that covers as a personal item and city bag.

If you were looking for a bag to fit this requirement ( airline personal item & city bag) what would you choose?

@catsinthebag and I were on another thread chatting about how much we love our Evelynes, @bakeacookie, have you checked them out? I recall you have an Evelyne TPM?

That’s funny, More bags, as soon as I saw Bakeacookie’s question, I thought of the Evelyne! Bake, what does “city bag” mean to you in terms of specs? For me, the Evelyne is a great city bag, but if you need something that zips shut, for example, it won’t be right for you. I haven’t traveled in a while, but when I do, I’ll probably take a big Longchamp tote as my personal item and have another bag inside.

i have one - Balenciaga City, designed by the same guy AW who made Rocco with iridescent feet you asked about in the other thread
I got mine in 2016, this picture is the very first one i took as soon as the bag got out of her dustbag
View attachment 4071875
And this is her in Feb this year when i got my other City and did comparison shots
View attachment 4071876
after 18 months of moderate use i can report - NO ANY SIGNS OF WEAR
i am very happy with it, and i still love the bag the same as i did when i just got it (my DH got it for our anny :heart:)
one of the recent 'in action' snaps...
View attachment 4071882

Didn’t Nicholas Ghesquière design the City? Or are you referring to just the hardware? Beautiful bag in either case!

View attachment 4071945
Hi Ladies!

I like both totes, but the woven one is especially beautiful.

I’ve decided that I will get a bag that covers as a personal item and city bag.

If you were looking for a bag to fit this requirement ( airline personal item & city bag) what would you choose?

I’m not sure if I get your question right. You mean during a trip or just everyday bag? It all depends on how much stuff you carry. I can go from a simple messenger to a tote.

Reactions: bakeacookie
i have one - Balenciaga City, designed by the same guy AW who made Rocco with iridescent feet you asked about in the other thread
I got mine in 2016, this picture is the very first one i took as soon as the bag got out of her dustbag
View attachment 4071875
And this is her in Feb this year when i got my other City and did comparison shots
View attachment 4071876
after 18 months of moderate use i can report - NO ANY SIGNS OF WEAR
i am very happy with it, and i still love the bag the same as i did when i just got it (my DH got it for our anny :heart:)
one of the recent 'in action' snaps...
View attachment 4071882

Aw.... I’m so in love with the leather on your not-rainbow City. So chewy and scrumptious-looking.