2018 resolution - shopping my own bag and wallet collection. Any one else?

I guess I'm one of the few rainbow people!
Actually I'm not trying to have every color, my color holes were meant to imply colors in my list of favorite colors that I didn't have. I've basically turned my back on anything neon, as well as ocher, yellow, green, terra cotta, rust, orange and basically all autumn colours that have anything yellow or pumpkin-y in them . I did get a red-orange bag recently that is the best and I'm thrilled with it. I'm shocked that a bag that's any kind of orange is working out!
My main colors are earth tones, blue tones and a few cool pink/purple/reds. I even have very very few black bags, preferring navy.

But now I think I've got everything on my list of favorite bag colors SOOOO I can eventually branch out.

Actually I'm not trying to have every color, my color holes were meant to imply colors in my list of favorite colors that I didn't have. I've basically turned my back on anything neon, as well as ocher, yellow, green, terra cotta, rust, orange and basically all autumn colours that have anything yellow or pumpkin-y in them . I did get a red-orange bag recently that is the best and I'm thrilled with it. I'm shocked that a bag that's any kind of orange is working out!
My main colors are earth tones, blue tones and a few cool pink/purple/reds. I even have very very few black bags, preferring navy.

But now I think I've got everything on my list of favorite bag colors SOOOO I can eventually branch out.
I like that we all enjoy different things it makes this thread so much more interesting and fun.

As you explain it now, I’m the same way. I don’t want every color as it doesn’t work for my wardrobe. And, I don’t like every color. But in my very short list chosen palette (reds & pinks, teal & cobalt blue, black, grey, gold, silver) I have to have bags that meet my functional needs so it means I have at least two in each color.

Then I added in a bag in yellow just because I fell in love with it and it makes me happy. And, I added an ivory because I feel every collection needs a light neutral.

The color that I desperately want which isn’t in my collection is green. I only want one of 2 certain shades and I can’t find them in a bag I like. EXCEPT Chanel just had a great green. I simply refuse to pay full price for it since I’ll have to compromise and have a double flap jumbo (I like sf’s) or a just about too tiny for me M/L . So I’ll seek it out on the secondary market. I’m also hoping to find a great Gucci bag in green at some point. I like the greens they have as well. I still have hope for rose gold but it’s a distant dream.

But, the other colors: orange, purple, beige, brown, taupe... I’m not just a fan. So the bag would have to knock me off my feet (like my yellow bag did) and seem like it could work with my clothes (which I would be caustious about) for me to buy it in one of those colors.

Random musings: i realizing I have very few color holes anymore so I'm looking forward to later in the year and next year getting to slowly indulge in less versatile colors, too. Like ocher and Terra cotta in autumn and yellow and coral next summer, dark green next winter and mauve and slate anytime...

Do you guys try to plug up color holes in your collection? Just me?

Interesting question. It made me realize I tend to think of use holes rather than color holes. I’ll look for a specific use or size bag, and when I find it, try to pick the color I think that bag looks best in. Or, the color that works the best for me and my warddrobe. I love color in accessories, but have learned that bright colors tend not to work, or I get tired of looking at them. So, most of my bags are black, brown and blue.

Interesting question. It made me realize I tend to think of use holes rather than color holes. I’ll look for a specific use or size bag, and when I find it, try to pick the color I think that bag looks best in. Or, the color that works the best for me and my warddrobe. I love color in accessories, but have learned that bright colors tend not to work, or I get tired of looking at them. So, most of my bags are black, brown and blue.

That makes a lot of sense but my use holes list would be very short, just two categories: day use (smallish but roomy enough to be able to fit an iPad or a small thermos) or evening use (mini or clutch).

So I guess my wanting a bag in every favorite bag color is just justifying having more bags!

Reactions: catsinthebag
As you explain it now, I’m the same way. I don’t want every color as it doesn’t work for my wardrobe. And, I don’t like every color. But in my very short list chosen palette (reds & pinks, teal & cobalt blue, black, grey, gold, silver) I have to have bags that meet my functional needs so it means I have at least two in each color.

Then I added in a bag in yellow just because I fell in love with it and it makes me happy. And, I added an ivory because I feel every collection needs a light neutral.

The color that I desperately want which isn’t in my collection is green. I only want one of 2 certain shades and I can’t find them in a bag I like. EXCEPT Chanel just had a great green. I simply refuse to pay full price for it since I’ll have to compromise and have a double flap jumbo (I like sf’s) or a just about too tiny for me M/L . So I’ll seek it out on the secondary market. I’m also hoping to find a great Gucci bag in green at some point. I like the greens they have as well. I still have hope for rose gold but it’s a distant dream.

But, the other colors: orange, purple, beige, brown, taupe... I’m not just a fan. So the bag would have to knock me off my feet (like my yellow bag did) and seem like it could work with my clothes (which I would be caustious about) for me to buy it in one of those colors.

That Chanel green is TDF! I’m reallyt tempted to get a card case or some other SLG in it, but I just can’t justify it rigt now.

I can’t seem to find any luck adding a bag to my collection. But, I am on the hunt for a new workout bag. (I don’t count these as it’s a functional bag / luggage)

I don’t change / shower at the gym so I only need a smallish crossbody to hold wallet, sunnies, towel, weight lifting gloves, snack, tissues and misc items like gum.

Anyone have a great bag they love?

I wish I could have a non-structured bag in Verona. My first order was a mistake (for me) because it was Verona in a structured style (Angelica) which did not work. I was hoping to get a Verona bag again but there are just new leathers and styles, and also it is not the lightest of MM leathers. I hope MM will still have some when I'm ready. I love this combi style/leather of yours!

Thank you. I’m just lucky I grab it on that good bye sale. I’m sad though I didn’t order the green back then coz it’s just the perfect green. I have my first Verona in structured bag, too and realize that it won’t work. I’m sure you’re perfect Verona is waiting for you when you’re ready. ;)

Reactions: msd_bags
Thank you. I’m just lucky I grab it on that good bye sale. I’m sad though I didn’t order the green back then coz it’s just the perfect green. I have my first Verona in structured bag, too and realize that it won’t work. I’m sure you’re perfect Verona is waiting for you when you’re ready. ;)

I hope so! [emoji3]

Reactions: vink
It is an interesting question - since it was asked I've been thinking about it!
I don't know!
When I was looking for a cross body - not too big, not too small, and long enough - I didn't look for a specific color but I knew what I did not want (bright or patterned).
I've discovered I could use an ivory/cream color bag, but I'm not in any hurry to find one because I know I won't carry it much. But twice in May, I've felt like I could have used one if I had one as
I do change my purse almost daily depending on what I'm wearing. Monday's work outfit of cream skirt and pale apricot sweater made me a bit 'holy heck - I do need a light color purse'. I ended up carrying the Confort1 in a Fauve color…. I felt off all day. :blah:

So I bid on two bags and was outbid on both. :crybaby: I have bids outstanding on one more. We’ll see. LOL! It seems the purse gods want me to stay on Pause Peninsual.
I have lost on the last several scarves I've bid on - I am on Pause Peninsula too! :crybaby: