Hermes Cafe Bon Temps~Good Times Cafe

Yes. It was. One of the department stores. They had a better selection than the boutiques including rue cambon I think. I was concerned that their tailor might not be as good as Chanel. Pm me of you want to know which store. I don't want to embarrass anyone.

It's definitely worth the trip to New York for me.

Except Cartier. Not so good experience there. I was walking by so I went in to ask about the availability of my bracelet. I was originality told 2-3 weeks in Boston then a week after I paid 12 weeks. I'm trying to be a good sport about it but I'm annoyed. They told me that by paying upfront they could pull from worldwide stock, but there is one on the French website for sale so I know that's not true. They say that customs takes 12 weeks and that also seems unlikely. I asked their availability for the bracelet in New York and explained that I had already inquired in Boston. They basically told me that they were letting my SA know that I was shopping around asking for it. [emoji15] so I got a lecture and they tattled on me. After seeing in the computer that I just paid for a $16,000 bracelet! [emoji35] I thought Hermes was bad.

I'd like to suggest that this topic move into the Cartier jewelry subforum. The Cafe thread was started as a place for more upbeat discussion (I believe its genesis is in the first post should anyone want to know more about the backstory) and as you seem to be having such difficult experiences with retailers you will get more on topic responses in that sub. I am happy to move these there if you wish. I hope you can resolve this to your satisfaction - it's very frustrating to buy a special piece and have issues with the seller.

Wow, that's bad service indeed. Nicole, that's exactly the sense I got too - that dear PbPs experience was turning out not all that was hoped for. Especially for a piece with significant emotional connection.

PbP, if you can cancel, Paris may be better timing. In the mean time maybe something else has a stronger connection?

I'm also very laid back in my initial dealings with people. And yes it sometimes gets me dismissed more than someone who is very demanding. I don't know if there is a middle ground that would work better.

I adore Judith Martin and often try to think of how she would handle these situations.

I'd like to suggest that this topic move into the Cartier jewelry subforum. The Cafe thread was started as a place for more upbeat discussion (I believe it's genesis is in the first post should anyone want to know more about the backstory) and as you seem to be having such difficult experiences with retailers you will get more on topic responses in that sub. I am happy to move these there if you wish. I hope you can resolve this to your satisfaction - it's very frustrating to buy a special piece and have issues with the seller.

Sorry about that, Mistikat. We have such a nice bond in this group that I forget the theme of the thread all of the time and just think of it as my friends thread. Thanks for the reminder :smile:

So guys yesterday afternoon I had a huge coyote stretched out on my back lawn like it belonged to him! I am now hoping he took a pee break there so the rabbits are frightened off. I had been watering out there about half a hour prior so I was just thrilled that he waited for me to finish before making an appearance. If he wants to move in permanently I would like him to pay a portion of the property tax bill.

Last edited:
We have a heatwave here! It's 30C+ yesterday today and tomorrow! And that's very hot in my country. I don't even own an electric fan!
Just some random photos of yesterday. Desert at Spanish tapas restaurant, robot made of old radios and Andy Warhol in Tate Morden.
View attachment 3735541
View attachment 3735544
View attachment 3735546

Yum, xiangxiang, those desserts look delicious! Heatwave here, too! Cooler inside than out, despite not having air conditioning, so I'm staying put. I just made this fruit smoothie for lunch, too hot for anything else! So good!

smoothie1.jpg

That fruit smoothie looks delicious. I just had a huge bowl of chocolate chip mint ice cream, now that I finally have a working refrigerator again. We are renovating our kitchen and it's been three months. Yes. Three. Months. It was supposed to take four weeks and we aren't quire sure why the delays but ... construction. I never thought I'd be sick of eating out but it's happened. We are probably a week away from being able to use the room again. I cannot wait.

We have a heatwave here! It's 30C+ yesterday today and tomorrow! And that's very hot in my country. I don't even own an electric fan!
Just some random photos of yesterday. Desert at Spanish tapas restaurant, robot made of old radios and Andy Warhol in Tate Morden.
View attachment 3735541
View attachment 3735544
View attachment 3735546
I'll trade ya. 100F days here. The shade is fine but the direct sum is a killer. Your beautiful dessert would melt ASAP

Reactions: prepster
That fruit smoothie looks delicious. I just had a huge bowl of chocolate chip mint ice cream, now that I finally have a working refrigerator again. We are renovating our kitchen and it's been three months. Yes. Three. Months. It was supposed to take four weeks and we aren't quire sure why the delays but ... construction. I never thought I'd be sick of eating out but it's happened. We are probably a week away from being able to use the room again. I cannot wait.
Yikes I was just thinking about this and thought you would be done by now!

Reactions: prepster
Yikes I was just thinking about this and thought you would be done by now!

I wish. They still have to run the gas line to the stove; install the built in microwave, do the trim around windows and doors and thresholds, paint/touch up, install the electrical fixtures (ceiling and under cabinets), put handles on the cabinets and adjust the doors and shelves. I'm sure I'm forgetting something. But the working fridge is a huge help since we've been living out of a bar fridge since March. Reminds me of when I lived in Europe and had a fridge about that size for two years.

mistikat, GREAT news that this project is drawing to a close! Are you happy with the look you've achieved?

Happy-ish. This is what happens when your husband the architect insists on picking everything. And forgets when he made changes (like swapping out pale sage green cabinets for cream but forgetting to change the tile from white to off white... at least it's still a neutral.) But we went from a really awful gerryrigged kitchen from the 80s to this. So it's a huge improvement.IMG_6455.JPG