Scarves MYH's Scarf Showcase - and philosophical ramblings about how I built my collection

It's Saturday morning and I'm sitting at the computer with a nice mug of hot coffee. Thank you all for the kind responses to my Fleurs post. It's so nice to have a little convo after a post.

Very cool how you combined the two!
Thank you doll! I always forget I know this little trick and should use it more often to get the 140cm size I so desire.

I love how you matched it with your bright orange bag and your gold K. Makes me so excited for spring. What a lovely scarf relationship you have with this special friend.
She is a gem and I cherish our friendship. And yes, any scarves that match my orange pico are great because I don't think I use her nearly enough.

That fuchsia hem is TDF. What a wonderful friend you have! I have a friend who has loaned me scarves, just to get the lust out of my system. It worked! But this new Fleurs is a real keeper for you! Just keep buying t-shirts, LOL!
So you have a similar friend too!! :drinks: Scarf friends are the best. I don't know what I would do without them now.

MYH - thanks so much for sharing! I read the entire thread over the last few days and you and PbP have definitely enabled a Cheval Phoenix purchase! Your expert scarf tying has also inspired me to branch out of my fold and just let lay rut! Can't wait to see what's next!
LOL!! Welcome to the Cheval Phoenix club! Did you get the red or blue cw or another one entirely? And yes, I saw the little alerts pop up that you were liking the posts as you were reading them and I figured out you were going through the whole thread. I hope you enjoyed it and thanks for joining us!

I even did not notice your army green tshirt. The scarf itself is just gorgeous enough for me to ignore anything else. And I went back to look at it after reading, (sorry always check out pic first), the color is just so harmony with each other.
Wish I can dive into that silk pile and join in your lending system! :love:
Wouldn't that be so great if there was some kind of secret network for this lending system? And thank you for the kind compliments on my new Fleurs.

Lucky girl, where can i sign up for the lemding club LoL! On the subject of color tops, i like your interesting combinations, but i am a sucker for big white shirts, so nothing wrong with that basic IMO! Terrific grail find my desr.
I know. I am so lucky I found her. We live out in the burbs together only 15min. away. I can't believe we made contact through social media. The wonders of purse forum and IG.

Lucky you to have such a great friend! COngrats on your new scarf!
Thanks hun. :hugs:

What a beauty, MYH! It's my favorite cw of Fleurs, I love that sweet magenta hem against the turquoise. So happy for you!
Do you have one as well? If not, I hope you find one soon. Yes, it's quite special and I'm so glad it has joined my collection. Now I'm off to hunt other grails!!!

Reactions: Cygne18
Thank you for this detailed scarf reporting!! It really helps me benchmark how often other people are wearing their silks. But please ignore my suggestion of rehoming any scarves that don't get worn at least 5 times. Now that I think of it, I think maybe 3 times would be the right number.

I agree with your analysis for the 90s. In the next 4 months (to complete one research year), maybe rehome the 90s that don't get worn at all. And then only add this format if it sings to you.

For the 70s. Looks like you are on track!!

CSGMs - buy more!! You have data that backs this up. It's hard to argue with.

Mousseline Stoles - now that we're coming up to summer, I suspect you will get even more use out of them. Add a few more to fill in color gaps and of course the ones that sing to you.

MaxiTwillies - no more. Funny, I have two and I never wear them! I will try to remedy that this summer

Non H scarves - Don't think you need to buy anymore of these either.

140cm mousselines - Send them to me!! :coolio:I will bring down cost per wear.
Thanks for your opinions! Haha - I did wear my 140 moussies last year, but mostly in spring and early summer...
I do have one 140 candidate for re- homing. I love the design, but never reach for it.
I will wait for the full 12 months, before deciding.

Reactions: MYH
LOL!! Welcome to the Cheval Phoenix club! Did you get the red or blue cw or another one entirely? And yes, I saw the little alerts pop up that you were liking the posts as you were reading them and I figured out you were going through the whole thread. I hope you enjoyed it and thanks for joining us!

Hahaha I fell in love with the red one but seriously also considered the blue one. Is the dark border on the blue one navy or black? I couldn't tell. Your twilly game is also on point! I never see ones I like enough when I look!

Having a lazy Sunday here and I thought I would write about a recent hot topic. Neutrals. I've seen so many people ask for opinions on which is the best neutral and I've seen this topic come up time and time again on social media and blogs as well. I think there is no universal answer for everyone. It really depends on which H neutral you gravitate towards and which works best for your wardrobe.

Personally, my heart sings for Gris T. It always has. Even before the current Gris T frenzy, this neutral caught my eye. I consider myself one of the lucky few to have a Gris T Kelly. I thank my lucky stars I nabbed this bag several years ago because there is no way I would be able to find it now. But for you, the perfect neutral could be etoupe, etain, gris mouette, gris perle, trench or something even darker like graphite. I actually think that if I lived in the NE (like I used to to), I would probably gravitate towards etain. But since I live in sunny SoCal where greige & beige fit right in with the weather and beaches, I like Gris T. It's also what many call a chameleon color. Sometimes it looks very grey and sometimes it can look like trench. Those are kind of the two ends of the spectrum for Gris T.

And funny enough, I don't consider H gold as part of this neutral category. To me, H gold is in a category of it's own...maybe one that could be called brown. I've also heard from my SA that H is coming out with a few new brown colors. The colors I've heard mentioned are caramel and toffee but I've only seen caramel (lighter than gold) in real life.

But I think what we can all agree on is that a neutral grey never goes out of style. So similarly to my thinking about having a small black and white scarf collection, I think a small neutral scarf collection is also a must. Personally, whenever I see neutral grey scarves, bags, accessories, jewelry, or clothing ....I will typically buy it on the spot without much thinking. I know it is a color that will be timeless, elegant, and current for the here and now, and also when I'm much older. So I'm giving you permission to just impulse buy any neutral accessories you see!! Don't think....just take your wallet out if it sings to you and swipe!

I also seem to have a knack for finding Gris T coordinating accessories. Particularly shoes. It doesn't matter if I already have 5 sandals in this color. If I see another style, I will buy it. Yes, it may be considered an illness. Or maybe just a condition? So here's a little neutral eye candy for this lazy Sunday.

First, even a neutral dog is very fashionable. :lol: This is Chester, my sister's frenchie. When we take him out, we cannot walk 5 steps without someone wanting to stop us to ask if they can pet him. We've learned that if we are in a rush, he has to stay home because he slows us waaaaaaaay down.
FullSizeRender-10.jpg

Then we have my neutral bags and shoe collection. Honestly, I have more shoes and bags in a neutral color. I just couldn't fit them all into the same picture.
IMG_8229.JPG

And a photo of some of my neutral scarves. Love them all!!
fullsizeoutput_31e3.jpeg

And a few more shots of my scarves, bags, and jewelry together.
FullSizeRender-9.jpg FullSizeRender-7.jpg FullSizeRender-6.jpg

And a lovely little bolide in swift I saw sitting in the boutique window at BH
FullSizeRender-8.jpg

Last edited:
Having a lazy Sunday here and I thought I would write about a recent hot topic. Neutrals. I've seen so many people ask for opinions on which is the best neutral and I've seen this topic come up time and time again on social media and blogs as well. I think there is no universal answer for everyone. It really depends on which H neutral you gravitate towards and which works best for your wardrobe.

Personally, my heart sings for Gris T. It always has. Even before the current Gris T frenzy, this neutral caught my eye. I consider myself one of the lucky few to have a Gris T Kelly. I thank my lucky stars I nabbed this bag several years ago because there is no way I would be able to find it now. But for you, the perfect neutral could be etoupe, etain, gris mouette, gris perle, trench or something even darker like graphite. I actually think that if I lived in the NE (like I used to to), I would probably gravitate towards etain. But since I live in sunny SoCal where greige & beige fit right in with the weather and beaches, I like Gris T. It's also what many call a chameleon color. Sometimes it looks very grey and sometimes it can look like trench. Those are kind of the two ends of the spectrum for Gris T.

And funny enough, I don't consider H gold as part of this neutral category. To me, H gold is in a category of it's own...maybe one that could be called brown. I've also heard from my SA that H is coming out with a few new brown colors. The colors I've heard mentioned are caramel and toffee but I've only seen caramel (lighter than gold) in real life.

But I think what we can all agree on is that a neutral grey never goes out of style. So similarly to my thinking about having a small black and white scarf collection, I think a small neutral scarf collection is also a must. Personally, whenever I see neutral grey scarves, bags, accessories, jewelry, or clothing ....I will typically buy it on the spot without much thinking. I know it is a color that will be timeless, elegant, and current for the here and now, and also when I'm much older. So I'm giving you permission to just impulse buy any neutral accessories you see!! Don't think....just take your wallet out if it sings to you and swipe!

I also seem to have a knack for finding Gris T coordinating accessories. Particularly shoes. It doesn't matter if I already have 5 sandals in this color. If I see another style, I will buy it. Yes, it may be considered an illness. Or maybe just a condition? So here's a little neutral eye candy for this lazy Sunday.

First, even a neutral dog is very fashionable. :lol: This is Chester, my sister's frenchie. When we take him out, we cannot walk 5 steps without someone wanting to stop us to ask if they can pet him. We've learned that if we are in a rush, he has to stay home because he slows us waaaaaaaay down.
View attachment 3631870

Then we have my neutral bags and shoe collection. Honestly, I have more shoes and bags in a neutral color. I just couldn't fit them all into the same picture.
View attachment 3631872

View attachment 3631875

View attachment 3631876 View attachment 3631878 View attachment 3631880

View attachment 3631877
That face!!!! I want to pet him myself!

A gorgeous collection, so well thought out. I envy your ability to do that - I'm drawn to so many different things/colors that my wardrobe doesn't have much rhyme or reason to it. That said, I do manage somehow to make outfits lol. But I think you have a much easier time of it. :smile:

Reactions: debar

View attachment 3631870

View attachment 3631872

View attachment 3631875

View attachment 3631877

Love your GT collection. It's just the perfect color for you. I just adore neutrals.

View attachment 3631870

View attachment 3631872

View attachment 3631875

View attachment 3631877

How can you guys leave Chester at home[emoji33] look at that adorable eyes [emoji190][emoji190]

Reactions: hclubfan
View attachment 3631870

Oh my goodness, MYH ... Chester is so precious! I would stop you guys too, and would hold you up a good long time giving smooches to his beautiful face :heart:

View attachment 3631870

View attachment 3631872

View attachment 3631875

View attachment 3631877
This is a beautiful post, and your silks and bags are too amazing, but CHESTER...omg .he steals the show! Woof, what a sweet face!!!

Reactions: hclubfan