Scarves MYH's Scarf Showcase - and philosophical ramblings about how I built my collection

Today, I checked another grail off my list. I told you all how much I love Coupons d'indiens right? Well, there was another cw I've always wanted besides the one I have. The red/brique one. And after I bought my rouge grenat pico this past fall, my desire for it increased. I knew it would also match my tosca evelyne and this scarf has just the right amount of pink (which I usually stay away from) and red in it for me. It also does not help that MaiTai wears hers beautifully and I could wander onto her blog at all hours of the night to drool over her pics in the same cw.

So this one fell into my lap and I could not say no (although I'm supposed to be on a 90s ban). Figures....just when you put yourself on a 90s ban, a bunch of 90's grails pop up. The universe is trying to tell me resistance is futile. So of course I could not pass could I? Here she is!! And I have the most amazing pearl ring I found in India when I went several years back on vacation and I'm looking forward to wearing the ring and scarf together. I think they pair wonderfully! I'm so happy!!!

I think I only have one more 90s grail I need to find. Until I discover there are more....I need. :rolleyes:

View attachment 3641847 View attachment 3641848 View attachment 3641849 View attachment 3641850
Its fabulous, super vesatile and so very happy for you! I know what you mean about the 90 ban; I'm on a perpetual one but broke it for a new season silk. 100 doen't count, right? Enjoy your new beauty!

Today, I checked another grail off my list. I told you all how much I love right? Well, there was another cw I've always wanted besides the one I have. The red/brique one. And after I bought my rouge grenat pico this past fall, my desire for it increased. I knew it would also match my tosca evelyne and this scarf has just the right amount of pink (which I usually stay away from) and red in it for me. It also does not help that MaiTai wears hers beautifully and I could wander onto her blog at all hours of the night to drool over her pics in the same cw.

So this one fell into my lap and I could not say no (although I'm supposed to be on a 90s ban). Figures....just when you put yourself on a 90s ban, a bunch of 90's grails pop up. The universe is trying to tell me resistance is futile. So of course I could not pass could I? Here she is!! And I have the most amazing pearl ring I found in India when I went several years back on vacation and I'm looking forward to wearing the ring and scarf together. I think they pair wonderfully! I'm so happy!!!

I think I only have one more 90s grail I need to find. Until I discover there are more....I need. :rolleyes:

View attachment 3641847 View attachment 3641848 View attachment 3641849 View attachment 3641850

I used another cw of Coupons d'indiens on the Scarf of The Day thread which challenged us to find many different looks using one scarf. DH saw the five pictures I posted, and could not believe they were all the same scarf! See post #10221 if curious: forum.purseblog.com/threads/scarf-of-the-day-which-scarf-are-you-wearing-today.926798/page-682 That is a LOVELY colorway you just acquired!! And I agree: you need to wear more pink!

Reactions: MYH
Having a lazy Sunday here and I thought I would write about a recent hot topic. Neutrals. I've seen so many people ask for opinions on which is the best neutral and I've seen this topic come up time and time again on social media and blogs as well. I think there is no universal answer for everyone. It really depends on which H neutral you gravitate towards and which works best for your wardrobe.

Personally, my heart sings for Gris T. It always has. Even before the current Gris T frenzy, this neutral caught my eye. I consider myself one of the lucky few to have a Gris T Kelly. I thank my lucky stars I nabbed this bag several years ago because there is no way I would be able to find it now. But for you, the perfect neutral could be etoupe, etain, gris mouette, gris perle, trench or something even darker like graphite. I actually think that if I lived in the NE (like I used to to), I would probably gravitate towards etain. But since I live in sunny SoCal where greige & beige fit right in with the weather and beaches, I like Gris T. It's also what many call a chameleon color. Sometimes it looks very grey and sometimes it can look like trench. Those are kind of the two ends of the spectrum for Gris T.

And funny enough, I don't consider H gold as part of this neutral category. To me, H gold is in a category of it's own...maybe one that could be called brown. I've also heard from my SA that H is coming out with a few new brown colors. The colors I've heard mentioned are caramel and toffee but I've only seen caramel (lighter than gold) in real life.

But I think what we can all agree on is that a neutral grey never goes out of style. So similarly to my thinking about having a small black and white scarf collection, I think a small neutral scarf collection is also a must. Personally, whenever I see neutral grey scarves, bags, accessories, jewelry, or clothing ....I will typically buy it on the spot without much thinking. I know it is a color that will be timeless, elegant, and current for the here and now, and also when I'm much older. So I'm giving you permission to just impulse buy any neutral accessories you see!! Don't think....just take your wallet out if it sings to you and swipe!

I also seem to have a knack for finding Gris T coordinating accessories. Particularly shoes. It doesn't matter if I already have 5 sandals in this color. If I see another style, I will buy it. Yes, it may be considered an illness. Or maybe just a condition? So here's a little neutral eye candy for this lazy Sunday.

First, even a neutral dog is very fashionable. :lol: This is Chester, my sister's frenchie. When we take him out, we cannot walk 5 steps without someone wanting to stop us to ask if they can pet him. We've learned that if we are in a rush, he has to stay home because he slows us waaaaaaaay down.
View attachment 3631870

Then we have my neutral bags and shoe collection. Honestly, I have more shoes and bags in a neutral color. I just couldn't fit them all into the same picture.
View attachment 3631872

And a photo of some of my neutral scarves. Love them all!!
View attachment 3631875

And a few more shots of my scarves, bags, and jewelry together.
View attachment 3631876 View attachment 3631878 View attachment 3631880

And a lovely little bolide in swift I saw sitting in the boutique window at BH
View attachment 3631877

Love your neutral collection my dear [emoji173]️[emoji173]️... I love neutrals too... Etain, etoupe and Gris T get my vote although I don't own Gris T but I drool over pictures [emoji12]

Reactions: eliwon
Today, I checked another grail off my list. I told you all how much I love Coupons d'indiens right? Well, there was another cw I've always wanted besides the one I have. The red/brique one. And after I bought my rouge grenat pico this past fall, my desire for it increased. I knew it would also match my tosca evelyne and this scarf has just the right amount of pink (which I usually stay away from) and red in it for me. It also does not help that MaiTai wears hers beautifully and I could wander onto her blog at all hours of the night to drool over her pics in the same cw.

Beautiful scarf, beautiful bag and beautiful matching accessories! You have an amazing knack of putting coordinating accessories together [emoji173]️[emoji254][emoji173]️[emoji254]... And what a stunning ring[emoji7]

Thank you! I have never tried this knot before. It's perfect with this scarf. I also didn't know the trick about getting the necklace knot right. And you are right. It's perfect with the GT Kelly. How did I not think of that before?!? I think my mind gets used to seeing the scarves in a certain way and it interferes with seeing their full potential.

Hi everybody!! I know it's been awhile. There has been a lot going on in my life but I have managed to make some trips to the boutiques nonetheless. I have a few things to share (scarves & more) and have carved out time tomorrow to post some new goodies and stories and to say hello to everyone.
Yay!!!!!
That will be awesome. Love your posts!

Last edited:
Hello there!! Where shall we start? Scarves, bracelets, or bags?

I have some scarf pics but was rather rushed today so I'll be back later with more mod shots. But let's have some fun with scarves with the pics I do have.

First up - H Comme Hermes 70cm- I had filed away in the back of my brain that this size is being rested. So after a two week heat wave in LA a few weeks ago, I found I was wearing my 70cms all the time! I used to think this size was difficult because there's not much you can do with the small piece of silk, but now I'm a convert. The smaller size is the beauty of this format because it's a no brainer. For me, I can basically only wear it one way. Tied as a simple loose cowboy that looks casual. And when it's hot, that's really all you want around your neck. I wore my flots du cheval 70cm on a trip into BH one day and received so many compliments, I decided I needed more. My 70cm collection is not very big. So of course I asked to take a peek into the drawer and saw a scarf that has always been on my radar. I absolutely love my Graff shawl and this design also has graffiti in it but I initially dismissed it because I thought it was just too edgy. But I had never tried it on and when I finally did, my shopping friend said "yes! you need to get that one!" and so it came home with me. This cw happens to match several of my bags and so it was a done deal. When I get some more time in a couple of days, I will post some mod shots. So far, I love wearing it against a black top.

IMG_9284.JPG

Up next, I'm not sure if many of you know but I have an Astrologie Nouvelle problem. I'm not into horoscopes or anything! When people say, oh I'm a libra. You know how that is! I have no idea. I don't even know all the astrological signs. I barely know I'm a Taurus. And I truly have no idea what that means. I've only heard that I'm stubborn or sometimes it's described as headstrong. LOL. Whatever. But I really adore this design for the chopped up stripes and the sun in the middle. It ties wonderfully and I've always been on the lookout for a jewel toned color way my friend Pocketbookpup owns. I even tried hers on and fell in love so knew I needed to add it to my "grail list". It also helps that it matches about half of my bags. I'm totally a jewel toned person. So there has been one on eBay for the bargain basement price of $899 (for a 90cm silk!) for about 6 months now and a quick convo with the seller led nowhere. The seller believes it's "rare". So I was prepared to wait. And wait I did. Finally, one popped up on Instagram (credit to Pocketbookpup again for finding it) and I was able to snag this one! For a reasonable price under retail. And so now I'm the happy owner of this beautiful 90cm. I broke my 90cm ban for this one. And I've also included a photo of my AN collection. I have 90cms, 140cms, and a maxi twilly. See, I told you I had a problem. :giggle:
IMG_9286.JPG IMG_9290.JPG IMG_9292.JPG

OK I think those two are the only silk confessions I have to share. Unless one of my close friends can remind me of any other silky sins I have committed.

Moving on....bracelets. I have always been in love with the kelly dogs but since they were always one size, I never went down that rabbit hole because I needed to wear the bracelet on the last hole. To my eye, that didn't seem 100% satisfactory because I like the symmetry of wearing the turnlock in the middle hole. So I've been safe! Until now....Now Hermes has come out with different sizes and I found out I'm a perfect T3. Well, in the US, these new sized KDs are hard to come by. They haven't seem to hit the boutiques just yet. But one of my lovely and wonderful H friends happened to be traveling through LHR and said she had some time to kill between flights. Was there anything I was looking for? So I asked her to see if she could find any T3 sized kelly dogs and she did! I was flabbergasted!! She not only found one, she found two!!! I told her she could ask me for my extra kidney anytime. Just say the word. I will give it up. Plus she has done so many other wonderful things for me...and just has the best heart! :heart: So she totally deserves to have my spare kidney should she ever need one.

One is in blue zanzibar. Now I have to tell you, I saw this in a swift kelly dog at the BH boutique and gasped when I saw it. The blue was so incredibly beautiful but it sadly was not my size. Imagine my delight when she found it in gold hardware and my size at LHR. The other is malachite. Which I just could not pass up because I have a malachite K28 and love her to bits. I was unsure at the time I purchased my malachite K28 but now I love her to death and cannot imagine not having her. And my lovely friend found both in ghw so I had to say yes to both. Here are my two kelly dog bracelets with my patchwork shawl. :loveeyes::loveeyes::loveeyes:

fullsizeoutput_372e.jpeg
I know some of you have already seen this pic before, but here's my current bracelet situation.
IMG_9214.JPG

Last but not least...I found a bag I have been wanting for quite awhile! So when I started down the slippery H slope, I purchased some bag colors that are hard to find in other brands. Because Hermes does color so well, I thought I should take advantage of that. So in my collex up until now, I had rouge grenat, tosca, orange, malachite, blue indigo, gold, Gris T, raisin but I had never purchased black. Well, that's not totally true....I do have a black kellycut but that's a clutch so it doesn't count. :lol: I had always thought, well every other brand does black so I'll just use one of the black bags I already have. Well, fast forward to just 6 months ago and I decided to rehome my black chanel flap because I just felt it wasn't me. It didn't really go well with my wardrobe and I decided I really prefer bags with top handles. I modeled my jumbo flap for one of my friends, and she agreed, it's not my style. So off she went to a new home and I was black bagless. :wtf: So I started obsessing about a black kelly. Now I know there is a whole debate about birkins vs. kellys and I have to say, I'm totally a kelly girl. That shoulder strap really means a lot to me. I don't always want to keep my arm bent at a 90 degree angle and hand carrying feels heavy to me. And with kellys, I really like the option of carrying a bag on my shoulder. So at the most recent tpf event hosted by Chkpfbeliever (which was so fun and unbelievable btw), I was in shock when I nicely asked for one and it appeared! Now it wasn't the exact size I requested. For kellys, 32cms are my preferred size. So when I asked for one, I was told a 35cm might be available and would I like to take a look at it? Well, sure why not!! My SA said she would text me later in the evening to confirm if it was available and luckily she did! So the plan was for me and a few friends to go to dinner and then the boutique afterwards. I also asked my sister (who was playing poker at the time) to meet me at the boutique with my gold 32cm kelly (I had my kellycut with me at dinner) so I could do a comparison between the two sizes and see if the 35cm was really a lot bigger. I needed some piece of mind that the 35cm wasn't huge and unwieldy for me. So after dinner as planned, me and my entourage head over to Crystals. I see the bag and am hesitant. It looks so big! All my friends reassure me it's not. But I just want to double check and compare it with my K32 which my sis has. We wait....and wait...( my poor friends are being very patient with me) and of course she is taking her sweet time and finally shows up around 11pm! Argh! Guess what she was doing??? Taking selfies with some famous poker player she saw in the poker room. :facepalm: Umm...didn't she know I had an urgent situation over here? So finally she arrives and says, no it's not too big!! Get it. I compare it to my K32 and it's just a bit taller and I decide, it's mine! So here she is...my black 35 kelly with ghw. I love this twilly on her.

IMG_9283.JPG

And here's a fun little pic of my new kelly with her vegas themed backdrop. And yes, those playing cards are Hermes too!
IMG_9294.jpg
And here's my current Kelly collection. I think this will be it for awhile but I always seem to say this and then something unexpected happens!
fullsizeoutput_3703.jpeg
I hope you have enjoyed this post and I will try to come back in a couple of days and do some more mod shots of my scarves.

Last edited:
Hello there!! Where shall we start? Scarves, bracelets, or bags?

I have some scarf pics but was rather rushed today so I'll be back later with more mod shots. But let's have some fun with scarves with the pics I do have.

First up - H Comme Hermes 70cm- I had filed away in the back of my brain that this size is being rested. So after a two week heat wave in LA a few weeks ago, I found I was wearing my 70cms all the time! I used to think this size was difficult because there's not much you can do with the small piece of silk, but now I'm a convert. The smaller size is the beauty of this format because it's a no brainer. For me, I can basically only wear it one way. Tied as a simple loose cowboy that looks casual. And when it's hot, that's really all you want around your neck. I wore my flots du cheval 70cm on a trip into BH one day and received so many compliments, I decided I needed more. My 70cm collection is not very big. So of course I asked to take a peek into the drawer and saw a scarf that has always been on my radar. I absolutely love my Graff shawl and this design also has graffiti in it but I initially dismissed it because I thought it was just too edgy. But I had never tried it on and when I finally did, my shopping friend said "yes! you need to get that one!" and so it came home with me. This cw happens to match several of my bags and so it was a done deal. When I get some more time in a couple of days, I will post some mod shots. So far, I love wearing it against a black top.

View attachment 3695077

Up next, I'm not sure if many of you know but I have an Astrologie Nouvelle problem. I'm not into horoscopes or anything! When people say, oh I'm a libra. You know how that is! I have no idea. I don't even know all the astrological signs. I barely know I'm a Taurus. And I truly have no idea what that means. I've only heard that I'm stubborn or sometimes it's described as headstrong. LOL. Whatever. But I really adore this design for the chopped up stripes and the sun in the middle. It ties wonderfully and I've always been on the lookout for a jewel toned color way my friend Pocketbookpup owns. I even tried hers on and fell in love so knew I needed to add it to my "grail list". It also helps that it matches about half of my bags. I'm totally a jewel toned person. So there has been one on eBay for the bargain basement price of $899 (for a 90cm silk!) for about 6 months now and a quick convo with the seller led nowhere. The seller believes it's "rare". So I was prepared to wait. And wait I did. Finally, one popped up on Instagram (credit to Pocketbookpup again for finding it) and I was able to snag this one! For a reasonable price under retail. And so now I'm the happy owner of this beautiful 90cm. I broke my 90cm ban for this one. And I've also included a photo of my AN collection. I have 90cms, 140cms, and a maxi twilly. See, I told you I had a problem. :giggle:
View attachment 3695085 View attachment 3695082 View attachment 3695083

OK I think those two are the only silk confessions I have to share. Unless one of my close friends can remind me of any other silky sins I have committed.

Moving on....bracelets. I have always been in love with the kelly dogs but since they were always one size, I never went down that rabbit hole because I needed to wear the bracelet on the last hole. To my eye, that didn't seem 100% satisfactory because I like the symmetry of wearing the turnlock in the middle hole. So I've been safe! Until now....Now Hermes has come out with different sizes and I found out I'm a perfect T3. Well, in the US, these new sized KDs are hard to come by. They haven't seem to hit the boutiques just yet. But one of my lovely and wonderful H friends happened to be traveling through LHR and said she had some time to kill between flights. Was there anything I was looking for? So I asked her to see if she could find any T3 sized kelly dogs and she did! I was flabbergasted!! She not only found one, she found two!!! I told her she could ask me for my extra kidney anytime. Just say the word. I will give it up. Plus she has done so many other wonderful things for me...and just has the best heart! :heart: So she totally deserves to have my spare kidney should she ever need one.

One is in blue zanzibar. Now I have to tell you, I saw this in a swift kelly dog at the BH boutique and gasped when I saw it. The blue was so incredibly beautiful but it sadly was not my size. Imagine my delight when she found it in gold hardware and my size at LHR. The other is malachite. Which I just could not pass up because I have a malachite K28 and love her to bits. I was unsure at the time I purchased my malachite K28 but now I love her to death and cannot imagine not having her. And my lovely friend found both in ghw so I had to say yes to both. Here are my two kelly dog bracelets with my patchwork shawl. :loveeyes::loveeyes::loveeyes:

View attachment 3695102
I know some of you have already seen this pic before, but here's my current bracelet situation.
View attachment 3695107

Last but not least...I found a bag I have been wanting for quite awhile! So when I started down the slippery H slope, I purchased some bag colors that are hard to find in other brands. Because Hermes does color so well, I thought I should take advantage of that. So in my collex up until now, I had rouge grenat, tosca, orange, malachite, blue indigo, gold, Gris T, raisin but I had never purchased black. Well, that's not totally true....I do have a black kellycut but that's a clutch so it doesn't count. :lol: I had always thought, well every other brand does black so I'll just use one of the black bags I already have. Well, fast forward to just 6 months ago and I decided to rehome my black chanel flap because I just felt it wasn't me. It didn't really go well with my wardrobe and I decided I really prefer bags with top handles. I modeled my jumbo flap for one of my friends, and she agreed, it's not my style. So off she went to a new home and I was black bagless. :wtf: So I started obsessing about a black kelly. Now I know there is a whole debate about birkins vs. kellys and I have to say, I'm totally a kelly girl. That shoulder strap really means a lot to me. I don't always want to keep my arm bent at a 90 degree angle and hand carrying feels heavy to me. And with kellys, I really like the option of carrying a bag on my shoulder. So at the most recent tpf event hosted by Chkpfbeliever (which was so fun and unbelievable btw), I was in shock when I nicely asked for one and it appeared! Now it wasn't the exact size I requested. For kellys, 32cms are my preferred size. So when I asked for one, I was told a 35cm might be available and would I like to take a look at it? Well, sure why not!! My SA said she would text me later in the evening to confirm if it was available and luckily she did! So the plan was for me and a few friends to go to dinner and then the boutique afterwards. I also asked my sister (who was playing poker at the time) to meet me at the boutique with my gold 32cm kelly (I had my kellycut with me at dinner) so I could do a comparison between the two sizes and see if the 35cm was really a lot bigger. I needed some piece of mind that the 35cm wasn't huge and unwieldy for me. So after dinner as planned, me and my entourage head over to Crystals. I see the bag and am hesitant. It looks so big! All my friends reassure me it's not. But I just want to double check and compare it with my K32 which my sis has. We wait....and wait...( my poor friends are being very patient with me) and of course she is taking her sweet time and finally shows up around 11pm! Argh! Guess what she was doing??? Taking selfies with some famous poker player she saw in the poker room. :facepalm: Umm...didn't she know I had an urgent situation over here? So finally she arrives and says, no it's not too big!! Get it. I compare it to my K32 and it's just a bit taller and I decide, it's mine! So here she is...my black 35 kelly with ghw. I love this twilly on her.

View attachment 3695110

And here's my current Kelly collection. I think this will be it for awhile but I always seem to say this and then something unexpected happens!
View attachment 3695111
I hope you have enjoyed this post and I will try to come back in a couple of days and do some more mod shots of my scarves.
Omg, so much fun reading your post! Hilarious and so entertaining dear! Like you, a black kelly was one of the last bags that came after all my colored ones. I had a black bag aversion, but glad it worked out that way. Congrats on all your gorgeous goodies, the h comme 70 is one of my favorite 70s. Gets heps of compliments too! Enjoy!