Scarves MYH's Scarf Showcase - and philosophical ramblings about how I built my collection

Love it! The scarf and the tray! Beautiful and practical! So glad you're back! I've missed you and your great posts.

I totally can relate to the yellow thing. I love it too, so fresh and happy and sunny, but almost never wear it. I thought the same about orange until Hermès changed my mind and showed me it could be flattering. Have done some yellow in smaller doses and so far so good! H knows what it's doing!

This is really beautiful and, as always, I love all the ways you've tied it. [emoji73]🏻

I'm sorry I have been away. This thread has grown cobwebs due to my neglect. :spiderweb: I'll have to put in extra effort this week! Good thing I never started a blog. I don't think I would have ever been able to keep up.

OK, this week I'm going to feature a scarf that has a lot of yellow in it, a color I don't really like or want to wear. Inexplicably, I seem to have quite a few accessories to match it so I'm confused myself! :confused1: I'm drawn to yellow because it's such a fun, cheerful color but really, I don't look that great in it. But a recent purchase at H has reignited my love for yellow so I thought it would be fun to take a pic of yellow H knick knacks.

My impulse/carefully thought out purchase was made last week at the SF store. I have been trying to find a solution for keeping my jewelry organized when I'm traveling. I started seeing posts of the zoulou coin purse and thought that might be good. So I asked for it but decided, it just wasn't big enough. When I explained to my SA what I wanted to use it for she was like, OH! I have just the thing! She brings out three boxes and shows me these leather jewelry trays that can be packed flat or snapped together. Ugh...I was a goner. And they were all bicolor - resistance is futile. I saw malachite/etoupe, feu/gris tourterelle, and gold/jaune. In my mind, this is not a frivolous purchase. :giggles: If it helps me from losing jewelry, then it's worth every penny right? And how many of you have used the hotel safes that are located on the very top shelf of the closet? Umm...how am I supposed to be able to see if I've taken all my jewelry out when I have to stretch my arm above my head and feel around in that black hole? I've even dragged the swivel chair over from the desk and stood on that just to check with my iPhone on flashlight mode. Oh the indignities of traveling!

But onto the scarf. This is supposed to be a scarf showcase thread right? Well yes, but I can't help myself when I buy other pretty things at H. I'm sure you'll all forgive me. And I take full responsibility if you all want to run out and buy leather jewelry trays. I know...it's all my fault.

OK, focus MYH! Back to topic. When this scarf was released, I was like "oh finally, I can own something CDC" because unlike many of you, I just cannot pull the CDC bracelets off. For some reason, on my arm, it looks like a murder weapon. I think I heard this from someone else on tPF and it stuck with me because it rang true. But the upside is, I don't have another thing H thing to be addicted to. So when I heard there was going to be a whole scarf full of CDCs, I was on it! I really liked two cws of it but both had a lot of yellow in them, especially on the borders. But no fear, just use the necklace knot trick and all is good in the world. I don't wear this one in a cowboy really because then the scarf is almost all yellow. But the reason I got this scarf is because it has a lot of blues and blacks in it and is a great evening dressy scarf and at the time, I wanted to add something in that category to my collection. It also works wonderfully with gold jewelry as you would imagine.

View attachment 3182865
View attachment 3182866
View attachment 3182867
View attachment 3182868
View attachment 3182869
View attachment 3182870

Twins on this one MYH! I agree. The yellow scared me a bit but I loved the scarf overall and somehow it works for me. The blue collars are colvert. But what I love the best is the beautiful beige and black borders.

I love the way you tied it in the second photo really highlights the beige. How did you fold and tie that knot?

It's fabulous with your gold jewelry. I must add some gold to my collection soon.

Laughing about the cduc murder weapon! I consider them my Wonder Woman cuffs in case anyone gets out of control at work. But I can't pull off two at once like she could.

I'm sorry I have been away. This thread has grown cobwebs due to my neglect. :spiderweb: I'll have to put in extra effort this week! Good thing I never started a blog. I don't think I would have ever been able to keep up.

OK, this week I'm going to feature a scarf that has a lot of yellow in it, a color I don't really like or want to wear. Inexplicably, I seem to have quite a few accessories to match it so I'm confused myself! :confused1: I'm drawn to yellow because it's such a fun, cheerful color but really, I don't look that great in it. But a recent purchase at H has reignited my love for yellow so I thought it would be fun to take a pic of yellow H knick knacks.

My impulse/carefully thought out purchase was made last week at the SF store. I have been trying to find a solution for keeping my jewelry organized when I'm traveling. I started seeing posts of the zoulou coin purse and thought that might be good. So I asked for it but decided, it just wasn't big enough. When I explained to my SA what I wanted to use it for she was like, OH! I have just the thing! She brings out three boxes and shows me these leather jewelry trays that can be packed flat or snapped together. Ugh...I was a goner. And they were all bicolor - resistance is futile. I saw malachite/etoupe, feu/gris tourterelle, and gold/jaune. In my mind, this is not a frivolous purchase. :giggles: If it helps me from losing jewelry, then it's worth every penny right? And how many of you have used the hotel safes that are located on the very top shelf of the closet? Umm...how am I supposed to be able to see if I've taken all my jewelry out when I have to stretch my arm above my head and feel around in that black hole? I've even dragged the swivel chair over from the desk and stood on that just to check with my iPhone on flashlight mode. Oh the indignities of traveling!

But onto the scarf. This is supposed to be a scarf showcase thread right? Well yes, but I can't help myself when I buy other pretty things at H. I'm sure you'll all forgive me. And I take full responsibility if you all want to run out and buy leather jewelry trays. I know...it's all my fault.

OK, focus MYH! Back to topic. When this scarf was released, I was like "oh finally, I can own something CDC" because unlike many of you, I just cannot pull the CDC bracelets off. For some reason, on my arm, it looks like a murder weapon. I think I heard this from someone else on tPF and it stuck with me because it rang true. But the upside is, I don't have another thing H thing to be addicted to. So when I heard there was going to be a whole scarf full of CDCs, I was on it! I really liked two cws of it but both had a lot of yellow in them, especially on the borders. But no fear, just use the necklace knot trick and all is good in the world. I don't wear this one in a cowboy really because then the scarf is almost all yellow. But the reason I got this scarf is because it has a lot of blues and blacks in it and is a great evening dressy scarf and at the time, I wanted to add something in that category to my collection. It also works wonderfully with gold jewelry as you would imagine.

View attachment 3182865
View attachment 3182866
View attachment 3182867
View attachment 3182868
View attachment 3182869
View attachment 3182870

You are truly a goddess on scarves! I am not into yellow nor this design, but you just sold me on both! [emoji169] I would appreciate to know how you tied both knots.

View attachment 3182865
View attachment 3182866
View attachment 3182867
View attachment 3182868
View attachment 3182869
View attachment 3182870

This is such a stunning scarf!! I am a sucker for yellow/gold in scarves for some reason [it seems to be the most represented color family in my collection]. This looks great on you and the necklace approach was perfect to capture the other colors.

The try is very nice as well!!! Congrats :smile:

Triplets dear, and I love wearing this scarf with deep slate blue. It looks phenomenal tied. Like those trays, too, but would rather save the finds for what else? MORE silks of course LOL.

Love it! The scarf and the tray! Beautiful and practical! So glad you're back! I've missed you and your great posts.

I totally can relate to the yellow thing. I love it too, so fresh and happy and sunny, but almost never wear it. I thought the same about orange until Hermès changed my mind and showed me it could be flattering. Have done some yellow in smaller doses and so far so good! H knows what it's doing!

This is really beautiful and, as always, I love all the ways you've tied it. [emoji73]🏻
Oh yes, Hermes totally changed my mind too about orange. And yes, I do find H does know what it's doing with scarf colorways. Sometimes I hear just the three colors in a scarf and think, hmm...seems weird. But then, I see the scarf and I am smitten.

Oh oh . Could be a run on those jewelry holders!
I hope so! It will save me from buying more. It's a lovely dose of leather in whatever color you fancy at the moment.

Twins on this one MYH! I agree. The yellow scared me a bit but I loved the scarf overall and somehow it works for me. The blue collars are colvert. But what I love the best is the beautiful beige and black borders.

I love the way you tied it in the second photo really highlights the beige. How did you fold and tie that knot?

It's fabulous with your gold jewelry. I must add some gold to my collection soon.

Laughing about the cduc murder weapon! I consider them my Wonder Woman cuffs in case anyone gets out of control at work. But I can't pull off two at once like she could.
You know what? I was just going to send you a note saying this scarf would go perfectly with your colvert K. Sounds like you already beat me too it. And guess what else? It will go lovely with your Gris T too. The way I showcased the beige edge was to use the asymmetrical cowboy knot. You know, the one where you fold the scarf in half like a rectangle, then pick up opposite corners and drape around your neck?

You are truly a goddess on scarves! I am not into yellow nor this design, but you just sold me on both! [emoji169] I would appreciate to know how you tied both knots.
Hi Kitty - you are too kind. Thanks for the compliment. The first know I described above. The second knot, what I call the necklace knot, is start with the bias fold and then start twisting in opposite directions (a few times) the middle of your bias fold. Then, while it's twisted, tie a knot. This will give you a round knot instead of a triangular knot. Then, tie the two ends behind your neck. That's all!

This is such a stunning scarf!! I am a sucker for yellow/gold in scarves for some reason [it seems to be the most represented color family in my collection]. This looks great on you and the necklace approach was perfect to capture the other colors.

The try is very nice as well!!! Congrats :smile:
Thanks BJS. So nice to have a gent with such good taste join us on this thread. Yes, the necklace approach shows off the most colors. :smile:

Triplets dear, and I love wearing this scarf with deep slate blue. It looks phenomenal tied. Like those trays, too, but would rather save the finds for what else? MORE silks of course LOL.

Oh yes, Hermes totally changed my mind too about orange. And yes, I do find H does know what it's doing with scarf colorways. Sometimes I hear just the three colors in a scarf and think, hmm...seems weird. But then, I see the scarf and I am smitten.

I hope so! It will save me from buying more. It's a lovely dose of leather in whatever color you fancy at the moment.

You know what? I was just going to send you a note saying this scarf would go perfectly with your colvert K. Sounds like you already beat me too it. And guess what else? It will go lovely with your Gris T too. The way I showcased the beige edge was to use the asymmetrical cowboy knot. You know, the one where you fold the scarf in half like a rectangle, then pick up opposite corners and drape around your neck?

Hi Kitty - you are too kind. Thanks for the compliment. The first know I described above. The second knot, what I call the necklace knot, is start with the bias fold and then start twisting in opposite directions (a few times) the middle of your bias fold. Then, while it's twisted, tie a knot. This will give you a round knot instead of a triangular knot. Then, tie the two ends behind your neck. That's all!

Thanks BJS. So nice to have a gent with such good taste join us on this thread. Yes, the necklace approach shows off the most colors. :smile:

Thank you! I have never tried this knot before. It's perfect with this scarf. I also didn't know the trick about getting the necklace knot right. And you are right. It's perfect with the GT Kelly. How did I not think of that before?!? I think my mind gets used to seeing the scarves in a certain way and it interferes with seeing their full potential.

Thank you!

View attachment 3182865
View attachment 3182866
View attachment 3182867
View attachment 3182868
View attachment 3182869
View attachment 3182870

This is a perfect example of a scarf that I would have overlooked. Flat, it's rather OK but tied, simply amazing!

View attachment 3182865
View attachment 3182866
View attachment 3182867
View attachment 3182868
View attachment 3182869
View attachment 3182870
Thank you MYH, for opening our eyes to yet another H item to want!! Love this scarf design, I have it in another CW and wear it so often, it is one of the best tying designs in my humble opinion, and your CW is really quite stunning! Now off to check out those adorable jewelry trays...:graucho:

View attachment 3182865
View attachment 3182866
View attachment 3182867
View attachment 3182868
View attachment 3182869
View attachment 3182870

MYH! How is it that I just discovered your thread? I usually only read a few TPF threads in an attempt to keep my budget balanced. As you know, I got the same Mawari dip dye because you showcased it so well before. And I already have two CDC scarves, though in different cws. I thought this one had too much gold and white for me, but love how you used the asymmetric knot to display the beige part. Desperately trying to resist hunting this down. . . :sweatdrop: I love the CDC pattern so much, I really could have bought 4 cws and used them all.

It's that time of year when you're trying to squeeze in all the doctors appointments you've been putting off the last ten months. I'm stuck in a waiting room, but at least I can finally catch up on the latest.

So many great things to comment on, MYH. What a fun post. The vision of you standing on the swivel chair in the hotel room made me laugh. :lol:

We are on the same wavelength regarding the CdC bracelets. I have tried them on three different times now, most recently last week in fauve. I just can't do it! I've got the height to carry it off and everything; I can't claim to be too petite or that it overwhelms me. But they just seem so bulky, I much prefer the Kelly Double Tour.

And yet I know the CdC is an iconic Hermes piece and I was regretful I didn't love it. So I thought it was just the best thing ever when this scarf was released!! Finally I could enjoy the beauty of CdCs without committing to a big leather bracelet. CdC in a GM cashmere was the perfect solution for me. http://forum.purseblog.com/showpost.php?p=25242605&postcount=1136

I also sympathize about yellow. It's a happy, cheerful color and I like to look at it - we painted our new dining room golden yellow - But I very much agree it can be hard to wear near one's face. My equivalent is the purple and yellow Sangles de Phoebus, and if anything it's worse because there's no way to tie it to hide the yellow. It is, however, the best thing to wear during an LSU football game. Geaux Tigers!!! http://forum.purseblog.com/hermes/tangotoscas-scarf-circus-647034-26.html#post20272544

That's a neat trick of giving the 90 a twist or two before putting a knot in the middle. I'll have to give that a shot. Maybe next week with Skyros!

Such very pretty photographs and nice styling of CdC scarf with jewelry holder filled with your beautiful collection of black and yellow jewelry. What a stylish solution to your jewelry travel challenges. No more swivel chair!

Your thread made the hour in the waiting room so much more bearable. So grateful!

Just stopping by to thank MyH for her inspiration in buying this de la mer which I'm wearing for the first time today., I saw her photos months ago but actually ordered it on line two weeks ago when I learned that it was sold out in France. Here it is with my GT Kelly also inspired by MyH. ImageUploadedByPurseForum1447187795.746059.jpgImageUploadedByPurseForum1447187806.311230.jpg