Men's LV Club

Fabuleux, do you dislike Damier Inifni in general or just on this design.
I ask, because I really like it; but I much prefer damier to mono.
I like Damier Canvas, but I don't care for Damier Infini. I just don't find this leather treatment attractive. I prefer Épi or Taurillon. I also don't love Taïga (although I have a couple of pieces). It's good that LV has so many options to chose from!

It's very attractive. Just looked at it on the LV site and noticed it has the "textile" lining. I wish they would just use fabric. Maybe Fabuleaux knows if this textile is the same fabrication as the old beige textile? I had a Trousse Ronde pencil case with textile lining and it sloughed off in places for no particular reason.
I am not sure that I understand your question @prepster. There is textile (fabric) and microfiber/microsuede linings. Then on a few speciality bags there are other alternative linings (especially on runway bags like Tobago, etc).
Also, in many LV bags, the lining is not attached to the bottom of the bag so you can take it out to wash it.

Reactions: prepster
I am not sure that I understand your question @prepster. There is textile (fabric) and microfiber/microsuede linings. Then on a few speciality bags there are other alternative linings (especially on runway bags like Tobago, etc).
Also, in many LV bags, the lining is not attached to the bottom of the bag so you can take it out to wash it.

Thanks for the reply! It's a little confusing because for awhile LV referred to "textile" lining as lining that was not woven fabric but some other man-made material. (Lol, even though fabric is a textile.) If a lining was canvas as in my Montsouris and Speedy, or Alcantara as in my SC bag, the written descriptions would say "Canvas" or "Alcantara" or sometimes just "Fabric." The lining on my pencil case, which they referred to as "textile" was (supposedly) wipeable/washable, felt sort of vinyl-esque and looked like the wipeable beige lining on the hard Toiletry cases. The canvas and Alcantara wore very well, but I wouldn't buy the mystery washable textile again. When I read "Textile Lining" on the website I always wonder just exactly what kind of textile they are referring to.

I like Damier Canvas, but I don't care for Damier Infini. I just don't find this leather treatment attractive. I prefer Épi or Taurillon. I also don't love Taïga (although I have a couple of pieces). It's good that LV has so many options to chose from!
Thanks for giving your opinion. As you write, it's good that LV has so many options.
As you kindly answered my question, I will reciprocate.
I think Damier Infini is an inspired leather (nicer than empreinte) - making a good alternative to canvas;
More special than Taïga, although walking downstairs at NBS last Friday I did think how good a Taïga messenger on display looked.
i have transferred my allegiance from the Taïga of my well-used Viktor to DI or Epi that I have recently come to appreciate.