Men's LV Club

Last year I bought my first LV which was a PDV GM in DG. I'm currently a student, so I bought it to carry everything I need when I'm at the university. Recently I got my second LV piece which was a Neo Porte Cartes, also in DG. Now I'm considering getting a Keepall 45 as well for the days when my PDV GM isn't large enough, and also to use as a carry on when I travel. Does anyone here have experience with carrying a Keepall as your daily bag, and do you believe it will be a significant upgrade in terms of size from my PDV GM? Also, I'm unsure if I should stick with DG or go with Monogram Eclipse this time. The thing that holds me back about monogram canvas in general is that I'm afraid that it might be too loud, especially on bigger items like bags.

I have the PDV GM (mine is in DE) and my wife has the Keepall 45 in Eclipse. In term of size, the Keepall is definitely an upgrade. The Keepall is a little bit shorter than the PDV GM but it is longer and much wider. And the fact that it is one large compartment makes it feel much roomier as well. I think that it is still small enough to be used as a daily bag (if the 45 was mine, I would use it as such without hesitation), and large enough to be used as a weekender bag. As for the Eclipse, it is gorgeous and not as loud as the standard monogram. But DG is still more discreet IMO. When I get my own Keepall 45, it will be in DG.

Launching this Friday March 3rd. Merchandises should already arrive in select stores now.
Just went to to the store and tried to get some items from this collection. I'm here in London and new Bond Street flagship has got this collection! So I picked my items and was just about to pay(they got my profile from the system as usual), and told me they couldn't sell me any accessories/bags anymore. They just implemented a purchase limit for each customer per half year for leather goods and accessories which is 3 items per 6 six months.. I have already bought three items this year and they refused my purchase. I'm so frustrated. I know Chanel does this kinda of policy and never knew Louis Vuitton would become like this. Hugely disappointment. Will have to try to ask my friend to get Louis Vuitton for me now. Or I'll try not to give out my details when I check out hope I can get around this rude policy which they claim due to a stock shortage.
Good luck guys!

I have the PDV GM (mine is in DE) and my wife has the Keepall 45 in Eclipse. In term of size, the Keepall is definitely an upgrade. The Keepall is a little bit shorter than the PDV GM but it is longer and much wider. And the fact that it is one large compartment makes it feel much roomier as well. I think that it is still small enough to be used as a daily bag (if the 45 was mine, I would use it as such without hesitation), and large enough to be used as a weekender bag. As for the Eclipse, it is gorgeous and not as loud as the standard monogram. But DG is still more discreet IMO. When I get my own Keepall 45, it will be in DG.
Thank you! This was just the kind of response I was looking for. I will get it in DG then, the bonus is that it will match my other items :biggrin:

Reactions: BZguy06
Just went to to the store and tried to get some items from this collection. I'm here in London and new Bond Street flagship has got this collection! So I picked my items and was just about to pay(they got my profile from the system as usual), and told me they couldn't sell me any accessories/bags anymore. They just implemented a purchase limit for each customer per half year for leather goods and accessories which is 3 items per 6 six months.. I have already bought three items this year and they refused my purchase. I'm so frustrated. I know Chanel does this kinda of policy and never knew Louis Vuitton would become like this. Hugely disappointment. Will have to try to ask my friend to get Louis Vuitton for me now. Or I'll try not to give out my details when I check out hope I can get around this rude policy which they claim due to a stock shortage.
Good luck guys!
Is this policy maybe just for the Europe to avoid people buying in UK and reselling in other countries. I've heard that if you are a US citizen the limit what you buy to 2 pieces at the airport. I would think they would lose quite a bit of business as the biggest spenders probably make up a huge portion of total revenue.

Does anyone here have experience with carrying a Keepall as your daily bag, and do you believe it will be a significant upgrade in terms of size from my PDV GM?

I carry it almost every single day. And it is big enough. Whenever someone gives me something bigger and asks if I can take it, I always say: "this thing can fit a canoe" :smile:

Reactions: prepster
I carry it almost every single day. And it is big enough. Whenever someone gives me something bigger and asks if I can take it, I always say: "this thing can fit a canoe" :smile:

Lol, that's great! May I ask what you usually carry? I think it would help me to get an idea of how much that fits inside.

I'm quite liking this backpack...especially the color. [emoji7]
View attachment 3623412

It's very attractive. Just looked at it on the LV site and noticed it has the "textile" lining. I wish they would just use fabric. Maybe Fabuleaux knows if this textile is the same fabrication as the old beige textile? I had a Trousse Ronde pencil case with textile lining and it sloughed off in places for no particular reason.