Anyone Ever Buy and/or Sell on Tradesy?

No, I think you have it wrong.

You aren't clear....
Are you selling for $350 plus $30 shipping = $380 paid by the buyer? If so, after the 15% plus 2.9%, you would net $323 -$9.37 = $313.63
Or
Are you selling for $350 with "free shipping" where you pay the shipping out of your proceeds? In that case, after the 15% plus 2.9%, you net
$297.50 - $8.63 = $288.87

In neither of the above is Tradesy keeping your $30 shipping. You are paying for shipping out of the proceed/net!

I totally agree with you. That what it should be.

So it was the first scenario (but numbers are different) in my case.

"selling for $350 plus $30 shipping = $380 paid by the buyer? If so, after the 15% plus 2.9%, you would net $323 -$9.37 = $313.63"

But Tradesy shows earning as just $297.5 (which $350-15% ) before 2.9 % transfer (this one is not there yet because no transfer initiated at this time). Do you see now where I am having an issue with Tradesy.

I totally agree with you. That what it should be.

So it was the first scenario (but numbers are different) in my case.

"selling for $350 plus $30 shipping = $380 paid by the buyer? If so, after the 15% plus 2.9%, you would net $323 -$9.37 = $313.63"

But Tradesy shows earning as just $297.5 (which $350-15% ) before 2.9 % transfer (this one is not there yet because no transfer initiated at this time). Do you see now where I am having an issue with Tradesy.
I think you must have set up your listing wrong. If you included the shipping cost when you set up the listing, that would be reflected in the total price the buyer paid. So if you sold it for $350, that price included the shipping charge. You have to pay for the shipping yourself. The only way to avoid this is to use their label or shipping kit, unless they have promised to reimburse you for shipping.

Reactions: fashion_victim9
There definitely an audience there for $500 shoes. Many Poshers sell there as well. But I also totally agree that there is a lot of garbage there as well. Also, cant sell there anything for more than $2500 so no much of chanel and lv bags there.

Is their limit $2500 now? I know it used to be $2000. That ruled out a lot of my items.

did anyone notice that it doesnt tell you how many days its been since you last updated a listing anymore? I really liked that feature!
That must be recent. I thought I saw it yesterday. A few days ago I got the prompt asking me if certain items were still available. I've stopped looking at my closet more than once a day since nothing has been happening other than me removing items that sell elsewhere.

those who sell on Posh how do you deal with photos? my pictures on Tradesy are high quality, I clip and edit them myself on desktop, but Posh is app only. It seems I need to download pics from Tradesy on my phone first to upload it on Posh. it's a bit of a headache.

Reactions: whateve
those who sell on Posh how do you deal with photos? my pictures on Tradesy are high quality, I clip and edit them myself on desktop, but Posh is app only. It seems I need to download pics from Tradesy on my phone first to upload it on Posh. it's a bit of a headache.

it drives me crazy! I copy them from eBay to my computer, not all 12, only those that are really necessary. like 5 - 10 pics. then I send e-mail to myself with pics and text from the listing. save them on my ipad. leave the best pic untouched and make collages with the rest.

Reactions: GemsBerry
it drives me crazy! I copy them from eBay to my computer, not all 12, only those that are really necessary. like 5 - 10 pics. then I send e-mail to myself with pics and text from the listing. save them on my ipad. leave the best pic untouched and make collages with the rest.
thank you for sharing. that's what I thought, it takes a lot of efforts to get good pictures there. but it's worth it on every platform, pictures sell.

Reactions: fashion_victim9
Is their limit $2500 now? I know it used to be $2000. That ruled out a lot of my items.

It's been 2500.00 on the app only for a long time. If you have items over 2500. And want to use Tradesy shipping labels just use your browser. They will allow higher value items but it's a glitch on the app for only 2500. My high end bags over 6k have a Tradesy label, I just made the listing on the app then edited shipping using the browser. Hth

they did it again. returned brand new flawless pair of shoes.
"Your item was inspected by our Returns Team and based on the item not being New with Tags, has been confirmed as misrepresented"
the shoes don't have any single scratch or any sign of use at all, they come with full package and extras like dust bag, spare heels. they only don't have original sticker with price.
speechless.. changing all my items to "Pre-owned" now, so unfair.

Reactions: whateve
they did it again. returned brand new flawless pair of shoes.
"Your item was inspected by our Returns Team and based on the item not being New with Tags, has been confirmed as misrepresented"
the shoes don't have any single scratch or any sign of use at all, they come with full package and extras like dust bag, spare heels. they only don't have original sticker with price.
speechless.. changing all my items to "Pre-owned" now, so unfair.
It's possible to categorize them as Like New, which is more forgiving than NWT. The harsh reality is when buyers AND Tradesy want to force a return, they'll nitpick and tear apart every word in your description to fit their agenda. Keep that in mind - you have 2 audiences that your item must past muster when there's a return in play. It makes you want to not utter a word or adjective and leave the description blank right? Pretty soon that could start to trend.

The problem with NWT for shoes is - should sticker be on the box, on the sole or a plastic tag wire still intact? Who really knows or cares so don't leave any room for interpretation by either the buyer or Tradesy. It's unfortunate but not unlike when there's a PayPal return, best to suck it up and accept it. Tradesy used to have a liberal return policy for sellers, they took a lot into their closets without much thought, but New Year so new policy.

It's possible to categorize them as Like New, which is more forgiving than NWT. The harsh reality is when buyers AND Tradesy want to force a return, they'll nitpick and tear apart every word in your description to fit their agenda. Keep that in mind - you have 2 audiences that your item must past muster when there's a return in play. It makes you want to not utter a word or adjective and leave the description blank right? Pretty soon that could start to trend.

The problem with NWT for shoes is - should sticker be on the box, on the sole or a plastic tag wire still intact? Who really knows or cares so don't leave any room for interpretation by either the buyer or Tradesy. It's unfortunate but not unlike when there's a PayPal return, best to suck it up and accept it. Tradesy used to have a liberal return policy for sellers, they took a lot into their closets without much thought, but New Year so new policy.

thank you for your support! it depends on brand I suppose, if they sell items with extra stickers / tags on sole / box or elsewhere. anyway I feel more protected listing almost everything as gently used lol.
totally agree, their return policy was so much more liberal when I started 2+ years ago. I think their next step may be giving up on returns

Last edited: