Anyone Ever Buy and/or Sell on Tradesy?

Sure. But since it was not a situation in this case, I am wondering if there more sellers who had this same issue. Thanks.

my buyers asked me to ship overnight a couple of times, after they make purchase. I don't do it now, but when I used to, I just made a new listing for them like "shipping expenses for xxx listing". they bought it and I shipped with USPS Express of Fedex. But Tradesy didn't return me any money

and how are things going on mercari?:smile: thinking of trying it. does it worth it for expensive items? is it safe?
Mercari used to be free when I started. Now fees are raised as well. So far it has been safe and no complains, but, again, I sell and do not normally purchase. So far I found Ebay to be the most competitive price-wise and Posh be the safest (I do not trade on Posh and I know many girls got cheated on trades).

Reactions: fashion_victim9
Mercari used to be free when I started. Now fees are raised as well. So far it has been safe and no complains, but, again, I sell and do not normally purchase. So far I found Ebay to be the most competitive price-wise and Posh be the safest (I do not trade on Posh and I know many girls got cheated on trades).

I am also selling designer bags and shoes and I was just wondering do ppl buy it on Mercary? cause it seems to me that lot of garbage is sold there and I wasn't sure I'll have proper audience there for $500 shoes:smile:

I sell on eBay and poshmark too, and also on Tradesy and a bit on Vestiarecollective (there I have like 1 sale in a month lol)
things are going good on first 3 platforms, more or less

I am also selling designer bags and shoes and I was just wondering do ppl buy it on Mercary? cause it seems to me that lot of garbage is sold there and I wasn't sure I'll have proper audience there for $500 shoes:smile:
There definitely an audience there for $500 shoes. Many Poshers sell there as well. But I also totally agree that there is a lot of garbage there as well. Also, cant sell there anything for more than $2500 so no much of chanel and lv bags there.

I sell on eBay and poshmark too, and also on Tradesy and a bit on Vestiarecollective (there I have like 1 sale in a month lol)
things are going good on first 3 platforms, more or less
For me this more of a hobby; I sell things I owned or bought and it was not right size for me and etc. Hahahhaa actually because of work it is becoming harder and harder for me to keep up with my stores, so I got my mom involved. She is my shipper and sharer now :biggrin:

Reactions: GemsBerry
Thanks for quick reply. I do not expect them to pay separate for my shipping, but, in this case, they deducted shipping costs that buyer paid from the total money earned. So for example, if you sold purse for $350 and $30 is shipping included and you ship yourself, your earnings should be $350-Tradesy fees ( 15% and 2.9% if you are transferring money to your bank account). I noticed that Tradesy will give you only $350-30=$320- Tradesy fees. Does it make a better sense now?
No, I think you have it wrong.

You aren't clear....
Are you selling for $350 plus $30 shipping = $380 paid by the buyer? If so, after the 15% plus 2.9%, you would net $323 -$9.37 = $313.63
Or
Are you selling for $350 with "free shipping" where you pay the shipping out of your proceeds? In that case, after the 15% plus 2.9%, you net
$297.50 - $8.63 = $288.87

In neither of the above is Tradesy keeping your $30 shipping. You are paying for shipping out of the proceed/net!

Reactions: whateve
Before you sell on mercari check their seller protection. I have gotten a few steals on that site and listed a few items but took them down when I read somewhere they refund items and don't require buyer to return. I never fully researched so I don't want to badmouth them, just thought I'd mention.

Reactions: fashion_victim9