Anyone Ever Buy and/or Sell on Tradesy?

I finally got a response to my Tradesy application for business sellers. It says they aren't reviewing applications at this time, but they'll notify me if I'm accepted or denied when they get back to reviewing applications.
the seller program started 6-7 months ago, around last spring I seem to recall. they needed the volume and traction, now they're going through the process of weeding ppl. when the number goes down, they'll open up the applications again and so on so forth. the new policy is 1 SNAD return for every 30 sales. who knows the sellers program might even die of natural causes when only a few can remain.

Reactions: GemsBerry
the seller program started 6-7 months ago, around last spring I seem to recall. they needed the volume and traction, now they're going through the process of weeding ppl. when the number goes down, they'll open up the applications again and so on so forth. the new policy is one return to seller for every 30 sales. who knows the sellers program might even die of natural causes when only a few can remain.
So what happens if the seller goes over the return quota? Does the item get returned to the seller, or is she removed from the program?

So what happens if the seller goes over the return quota? Does the item get returned to the seller, or is she removed from the program?
when they determine it's SNAD, item goes back to the seller. I wasn't talking about the kind of returns where buyers have a change of heart. pro sellers could lose their status and have to pay the 14.9% commission rate. it used to be that if buyer receives site credit, the money would be released to the seller and item goes into Tradesy closet. but no longer is this the case - it's possible that the buyer got site credit but if Tradesy doesn't want to take the item, they'll find something to use as an excuse to reject and return to the seller anyway. there's a big vacuum spot between buyer and seller so neither side really knows what exactly is happening.

Reactions: GemsBerry
they did it again. returned brand new flawless pair of shoes.
"Your item was inspected by our Returns Team and based on the item not being New with Tags, has been confirmed as misrepresented"
the shoes don't have any single scratch or any sign of use at all, they come with full package and extras like dust bag, spare heels. they only don't have original sticker with price.
speechless.. changing all my items to "Pre-owned" now, so unfair.

when they determine it's SNAD, item goes back to the seller. I wasn't talking about the kind of returns where buyers have a change of heart. pro sellers could lose their status and have to pay the 14.9% commission rate. it used to be that if buyer receives site credit, the money would be released to the seller and item goes into Tradesy closet. but no longer is this the case - it's possible that the buyer got site credit but if Tradesy doesn't want to take the item, they'll find something to use as an excuse to reject and return to the seller anyway. there's a big vacuum spot between buyer and seller so neither side really knows what exactly is happening.
That's exactly where I fell out of love with Tradesy. Buyers can return for innocent reason and when Tradesy decides enough returns already, Tradesy is the one who claims SNAD, pulls out seller's funds and gives buyer a store credit. Like I had it with mis-authenticated bag and had to fight back with authenticity reports. I feel with high-end items the chance for return is higher. It can be buyer's remorse, lack of financing at the end of the day and hey, economy is bad, some ppl use this kind of shops as a bag-lending library for event. So when Tradesy thinks there are too many returns for a seller they pull out SNAD and keep both seller's and buyer's funds.

Reactions: fashion_victim9
That's exactly where I fell out of love with Tradesy. Buyers can return for innocent reason and when Tradesy decides enough returns already, Tradesy is the one who claims SNAD, pulls out seller's funds and gives buyer a store credit. Like I had it with mis-authenticated bag and had to fight back with authenticity reports. I feel with high-end items the chance for return is higher. It can be buyer's remorse, lack of financing at the end of the day and hey, economy is bad, some ppl use this kind of shops as a bag-lending library for event. So when Tradesy thinks there are too many returns for a seller they pull out SNAD and keep both seller's and buyer's funds.
This is helpful. I just sold a brand spanking new Celine pair of boots. So if a buyer returns the item to Tradesy I can lose my money? I'm about to list 12 pairs of Celines on there and now I'm terrified to do that. That was the first time I sold anything on Tradesy and my item went so fast I did not even have a chance to blink once it posted and sold.

Forget that. These sites must really get better with protection for both sides, buyer and seller. After all they need the inventory from the sellers and of course the buyers to purchase. But if push comes to shove, I have my receipts and the uploaded pictures and all the proof I have that my stuff is authentic.

This is helpful. I just sold a brand spanking new Celine pair of boots. So if a buyer returns the item to Tradesy I can lose my money? I'm about to list 12 pairs of Celines on there and now I'm terrified to do that. That was the first time I sold anything on Tradesy and my item went so fast I did not even have a chance to blink once it posted and sold.

Forget that. These sites must really get better with protection for both sides, buyer and seller. After all they need the inventory from the sellers and of course the buyers to purchase. But if push comes to shove, I have my receipts and the uploaded pictures and all the proof I have that my stuff is authentic.
Don't panic yet. If your buyer doesn't return, you have nothing to worry about.

Tradesy used to be very good. My items are relatively cheap. So far, so good. I think my returns are probably close to 10% of my sales, but I think a couple of those were resold by the buyers rather than Tradesy. I had one buyer claim my item wasn't authentic, but Tradesy asked for my input, and after I gave it, they sided with me.

Wow, I just looked at the items of mine that were resold by Tradesy. They sold nearly every one at a significant loss. 10% is a pretty high number of returns too. I don't get that many on ebay, probably because the buyers have to pay shipping.

the seller program started 6-7 months ago, around last spring I seem to recall. they needed the volume and traction, now they're going through the process of weeding ppl. when the number goes down, they'll open up the applications again and so on so forth. the new policy is 1 SNAD return for every 30 sales. who knows the sellers program might even die of natural causes when only a few can remain.

the new policy is 1 SNAD return for every 30 sales - how is that? I didn't get it. policy for being business seller? or what?

and does it count if they didn't confirm snad after item being returned to them? it doesn't, right?

just don't list anything as NWT to protect yourself from returns. Post them as like new and then describe their true condition in description.

Reactions: nicole0612
Don't panic yet. If your buyer doesn't return, you have nothing to worry about.

Tradesy used to be very good. My items are relatively cheap. So far, so good. I think my returns are probably close to 10% of my sales, but I think a couple of those were resold by the buyers rather than Tradesy. I had one buyer claim my item wasn't authentic, but Tradesy asked for my input, and after I gave it, they sided with me.

Wow, I just looked at the items of mine that were resold by Tradesy. They sold nearly every one at a significant loss. 10% is a pretty high number of returns too. I don't get that many on ebay, probably because the buyers have to pay shipping.
It's not necessarily a loss to them, it depends whether buyers got site credit or refund. Most likely site credit especially if you didn't get funds pulled out of your account after a return. There's an implied loss, not an outright loss since Tradesy is the intermediary holder of goods, they didn't layout the cash to purchase said inventory. You have to breakdown the return rate from SNAD vs change of mind. As long as they offer returns ppl will take advantage of it. Why not, worst is their return is denied.