Anyone Ever Buy and/or Sell on Tradesy?

So glad I read this. Vestaire Collective also cheated me. They said they transferred my payment to my account but when I checked my bank account - it wasn't there. I entered a chat. The website said it was transferred on 3/6 but the "chat" said it wasn't released until 3/31. Meanwhile - today I checked my bank and the money is not there. The "chat" said give their escalation team 24 to 48 hours. Ok. But I am filing with the Attorney General's office if I don't get a satisfactory response and my money by then. It goes without saying I won't sell anything else on that website. Its over $100 and the item is of course long gone now - off to the buyer from authentication.
In case you didn't know, there is a Vestiaire Collective thread. https://forum.purseblog.com/threads/vestiaire-collective-experiences.770874/
Someone else had a problem getting the money sent to their bank account. It took a long time but was eventually corrected.

Reactions: GemsBerry
In case you didn't know, there is a Vestiaire Collective thread. https://forum.purseblog.com/threads/vestiaire-collective-experiences.770874/
Someone else had a problem getting the money sent to their bank account. It took a long time but was eventually corrected.
it was me, they ended up sending the money to my PP, cause something didn't work with the card. but for a few weeks they either ignored me or claimed that the payment to the card definitely went through

So glad I read this thread about others not seeing their payments land in their bank. Vestaire Collective also cheated me. They said they transferred my payment to my account but when I checked my bank account - it wasn't there. I entered a chat. The website said it was transferred on 3/6 but the "chat" said it wasn't released until 3/31. That's worse then Tradesy was with their payments. Meanwhile - today I checked my bank and the money is not there. The "chat" said she'd transfer the issue to their escalation team that she expects to get back to me within 24 to 48 hours. Ok. But I am filing a complaint with the Attorney General's office if I don't get a satisfactory response and my money by then. Its a US bank and should have been an instaneous transfer. It goes without saying I won't sell anything else on that website. Its over $100 and the item is of course long gone now - off to the buyer from their authentication in Brooklyn - which I also had to wait for after I shipped the item. We're talking over a month since shipment now.
Sorry to hear that. I wonder how my payment will go through in 4 days. IDK what's going on with VC, I haven't sold anything for ages. but I know Etsy messed up many transfers in March. They were affected by SVB collapse and had to use alternative routes. They messed up checking and savings accounts, many sellers' funds were returned back to Etsy or got stuck in limbo until everybody changed "savings" to "checking". Etsy was not transparent about the issue and claimed they had fixed the transfer issue, it was only 1 business day delay for sellers. which is not true, it lasted for weeks for some sellers. I'm using it as an example of what these platforms are doing and how they are handling/mishandling transfers.

• Sad
Reactions: whateve
new updated terms on VC
Account access restriction: If an account is permanently deactivated for reasons covered in our terms, any current orders or sales will not be affected. The affected user will retain limited access to their account until those ongoing transactions are completed.

Delivery failure: If an item cannot be delivered (due to an incorrect address, non-collection etc.), an email will be sent to the user. The item will then be kept by Vestiaire Collective for 1 month. If the item is not claimed from Vestiaire Collective, or if no address update is provided to Vestiaire Collective within the above-mentioned timescale of 1 month, the item will be relisted on the user’s account. In the event that the item is not sold within 6 months, Vestiaire Collective will then become the owner of the item.

Returns: If a transaction is cancelled for any of the reasons foreseen in our terms, all customs duties and taxes linked to the return of the product will be at the seller’s expense.

Acceptable use policy: Users shall not develop or use any third-party applications that interact with the Vestiaire Collective platform without Vestiaire Collective prior written consent, including any scripts designed to scrape or extract data from the Vestiaire Collective platform.

These updated terms and conditions will apply from 11th September 2023. Until then, our current terms and conditions remain applicable.

new updated terms on VC
Account access restriction: If an account is permanently deactivated for reasons covered in our terms, any current orders or sales will not be affected. The affected user will retain limited access to their account until those ongoing transactions are completed.

Delivery failure: If an item cannot be delivered (due to an incorrect address, non-collection etc.), an email will be sent to the user. The item will then be kept by Vestiaire Collective for 1 month. If the item is not claimed from Vestiaire Collective, or if no address update is provided to Vestiaire Collective within the above-mentioned timescale of 1 month, the item will be relisted on the user’s account. In the event that the item is not sold within 6 months, Vestiaire Collective will then become the owner of the item.

Returns: If a transaction is cancelled for any of the reasons foreseen in our terms, all customs duties and taxes linked to the return of the product will be at the seller’s expense.

Acceptable use policy: Users shall not develop or use any third-party applications that interact with the Vestiaire Collective platform without Vestiaire Collective prior written consent, including any scripts designed to scrape or extract data from the Vestiaire Collective platform.

These updated terms and conditions will apply from 11th September 2023. Until then, our current terms and conditions remain applicable.
So if a buyer screws up with wrong address you are out of money and your item is on hold for about 7 month?
Then, and this is a gem, if a buyer claims something and pushes a return on you, you will be paying all custom fees and taxes? For real?

So if a buyer screws up with wrong address you are out of money and your item is on hold for about 7 month?
Then, and this is a gem, if a buyer claims something and pushes a return on you, you will be paying all custom fees and taxes? For real?
I think it is even worse, if I am reading it correctly. It sounds like in the first case, your item is on hold for one month then goes back on sale in your account (but held physically by vestiaire), then if not sold in the additional 6 months, Vestiaire claims ownership of the item! They need to at least provide the option for the seller to have the item returned to them, even if there is a shipping cost associated with it. I might be willing to risk that, but would not want to risk losing a $5K+ item.
They should also allow an option to only sell domestically, with the new rule that the seller must be responsible for customs fees if there is an issue. We know their authentication and quality verification is inconsistent and unpredictable, so this one could be quite risky.

I think it is even worse, if I am reading it correctly. It sounds like in the first case, your item is on hold for one month then goes back on sale in your account (but held physically by vestiaire), then if not sold in the additional 6 months, Vestiaire claims ownership of the item! They need to at least provide the option for the seller to have the item returned to them, even if there is a shipping cost associated with it. I might be willing to risk that, but would not want to risk losing a $5K+ item.
They should also allow an option to only sell domestically, with the new rule that the seller must be responsible for customs fees if there is an issue. We know their authentication and quality verification is inconsistent and unpredictable, so this one could be quite risky.
I think you're misunderstanding the change.

I'm reading it as if the buyer supplies an incorrect address, this implies that they've paid for the item and if it's not claimed, Vestiaire lists it on the buyer's account (even if the buyer isn't a seller) then allows 6 months for it to be resold.

As I'm understanding it, the seller isn't involved in the return to Vestiaire of the undeliverable item and the seller doesn't get the money from that sale clawed back. Seller retains the money from the sale.

it sounds to me that Vestiaire gets ownership of the item in 6 (or 7) months because the buyer didn't do their part to correct their shipping address.

Reactions: nicole0612

I will go ballistic if I sell $11K Cartier and it retains in someone's possession for months.

I'm reading it as if the buyer supplies an incorrect address, this implies that they've paid for the item and if it's not claimed, Vestiaire lists it on the buyer's account (even if the buyer isn't a seller) then allows 6 months for it to be resold.

As I'm understanding it, the seller isn't involved in the return to Vestiaire of the undeliverable item and the seller doesn't get the money from that sale clawed back. Seller retains the money from the sale.

it sounds to me that Vestiaire gets ownership of the item in 6 (or 7) months because the buyer didn't do their part to correct their shipping address.
I'm afraid the seller doesn't retain the money. Someone posted above about return and how it's listed on the seller's account but retains in the possession of VC.
The devil is in the details, when you get paid for the sale. Now you won't even get paid that fast so VC can deal with this address thing and keep holding your funds.
It used to be on 4th day after the delivery (or 4th day after shipping from VC to the buyer). Now VC (just like Tradesy previously) is holding your money for additional 7-10 days after the 4th day. For direct shipping if there's a problem with delivery it doesn't go to the system and you are not getting paid at all. If it was shipped first to VC, they will "pay" you on the 4th day but they will hold the money for additional 7-10 days to see how delivery goes. And if it goes wrong, they won't pay you. So they don't pay you either way, and that's not until the item sells in the next 6 months.
That's how I read it.

• Angry
Reactions: BeenBurned

This interpretation would be more appropriate. They certainly need to rewrite this section and change the term "user" to "the buyer" or "the seller" to be more explicit and clear.

In the update about the burden of customs fees, they clearly state "the seller" is responsible for the fees in the situation, so the terms are clear.

This interpretation would be more appropriate. They certainly need to rewrite this section and change the term "user" to "the buyer" or "the seller" to be more explicit and clear.

In the update about the burden of customs fees, they clearly state "the seller" is responsible for the fees in the situation, so the terms are clear.
I used Tradesy several years ago for a few months and hated it so I bailed. For the few things that sold, I got my money quickly. It was before they made crazy changes which were part of the reason I left.

And I'd never use VC because I read too much and have seen too much.

But for those who sell on VC and who may run into problems, they should keep in mind that in contracts, any ambiguity in the language (and this contract seems unclear and ambiguous) will go against the drafter of the contract since they are expected to write a clear contract.

"Contra proferentem is a rule of contract interpretation that states an ambiguous contract term should be construed against the drafter of the contract. The term contra proferentem is derived from a Latin phrase meaning “against the offeror.”"

I used Tradesy several years ago for a few months and hated it so I bailed. For the few things that sold, I got my money quickly. It was before they made crazy changes which were part of the reason I left.

And I'd never use VC because I read too much and have seen too much.

But for those who sell on VC and who may run into problems, they should keep in mind that in contracts, any ambiguity in the language (and this contract seems unclear and ambiguous) will go against the drafter of the contract since they are expected to write a clear contract.

"Contra proferentem is a rule of contract interpretation that states an ambiguous contract term should be construed against the drafter of the contract. The term contra proferentem is derived from a Latin phrase meaning “against the offeror.”"
I sense the same ambiguity here too. Defo wasn’t written by an American lawyer well versed in contract laws. I’m not surprised though a lot of VC legalese is read as if translated from an app

Reactions: GemsBerry
I sold a vintage coach bag on VC and it went through their authentication process... all was ok but they called out a defect, something clearly indicated in the listing and text. Buyer still wanted the bag.

But I found out that VC DELETES half the photos I add to my listings!!? WTF. Most of my listings have a total of 5 photos, when I uploaded 10. And if you use the "add new photos" option on a listing, they don't get added. So maybe 5 photos is their maximum for listings?

How can you possibly describe a vintage bag with FIVE PHOTOS? I suspect their ridiculous R&D team in Paris or Timbuktu or wherever, thinks they need to save the DISK SPACE. What a bunch of amateurs.

Sorry if this is old news to most here. I don't sell much on VC.