Scarves How to Wear a 90cm Carre/Silk Twill Casually?

Thanks everyone! Here's one more pic same knot with a new to me sous Le cedre. A trick I've found is if you tuck the little triangle flap that results in the back into your shirt, it helps keep the scarf in place. Otherwise, the two little tails will want to slip down and hang in the front.

View attachment 2779583

I love this, do you have instructions in this somewhere? My problem with the 90 is that it get poofy around my neck and I don't like it :sad:
The way you tied it tames the poofiness.

For those of you who have a mors ring, have you found a way to wear it with your 90cms other than the two says suggested By Mai Tai (as a belt or around the neck with the scarf ends hanging down)? I keep on playing with mine and can't find any other way to wear it. I find the two end pieces of the scarf ring bunch up a lot. I often dress casually and would love a way to wear my mors ring with a 90cm. TIA.

I love this, do you have instructions in this somewhere? My problem with the 90 is that it get poofy around my neck and I don't like it :sad:
The way you tied it tames the poofiness.

The coating on the scarves is what makes them so stiff, and poofy. That's also the reason why the folds stay so well.

The only way you can get rid of it is by washing the scarves (cold water and soft detergent, then roll them in a dry towel and hang them to finish drying). You won't even need to iron them.

Last edited:
For those of you who have a mors ring, have you found a way to wear it with your 90cms other than the two says suggested By Mai Tai (as a belt or around the neck with the scarf ends hanging down)? I keep on playing with mine and can't find any other way to wear it. I find the two end pieces of the scarf ring bunch up a lot. I often dress casually and would love a way to wear my mors ring with a 90cm. TIA.

I would love to know too! I find this pretty little ring quite difficult to work with. I played around this morning and the only thing I can up with is this. Basically Papertigers idea but position the tails to the side and with a bit of scarf hanging down as a "necklace" to counterbalance the ring from sliding back down to the front. Sorry for bad photo lighting.
ImageUploadedByPurseForum1413392129.052073.jpg

Reactions: Marmota
Marbella8 - I will try to explain. It is a bit tricky at first but once you do it a couple times, it gets easier. MaiTai calls this the asymmetrical knot but I find her instructions are overly complicated.

First, fold your scarf in a rectangle
ImageUploadedByPurseForum1413392767.279327.jpg

Then grab the lower left corner and the upper right corner with your fingers and pull. You should get something like this.
ImageUploadedByPurseForum1413392947.010171.jpg
Then you need to wrap this around your shoulders like so. It almost looks like a cape but there is no fabric in the back. The 2 triangles are draped over both shoulders at this point like so.
ImageUploadedByPurseForum1413393026.074624.jpg
Then take the two points hanging down and tie a knot. I like the tails short so I tie a knot about here
ImageUploadedByPurseForum1413393085.029659.jpg
At this point it looks weird but one twist of the scarf about 90 degrees should get a triangle in front and voila, you have a non puffy cowboy. There should be a small triangle in your back. Just tuck that into your shirt and the scarf will stay put
ImageUploadedByPurseForum1413393185.303990.jpg
As you get better you can actually choose which triangle and which side of the triangle you want to show in front. This gives you a lot of scarf featuring options. I hope this helps. Let me know if you have any questions.

Sorry, don't know why there is a random pic of step 2 below. I can't seem to delete it.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByPurseForum1413392816.526821.jpg
    ImageUploadedByPurseForum1413392816.526821.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 1,732
Fantastic! :tup: And this is pretty much how I wear mine most of the time (Coup de Fouet).

Couture Coco - this looks great! I think the scarf colors and Coup de Fouet design help give it a casual feel and wearing your bag cross body also helps with the youthful look. Thanks for posting!

After having browsed l'Hymne aux carrés, I'm not really proud of my outfit, but at least, it has to qualify for "casual"!
:lol: Yes, super casual. What scarf design is that? I'm going crazy trying to figure it out. I'm going to try this knot and see if it can work for me.BTW - isn't that website great? I love it.

:lol: Yes, super casual. What scarf design is that? I'm going crazy trying to figure it out. I'm going to try this knot and see if it can work for me.BTW - isn't that website great? I love it.

Here is a hint: it's on theme for SOTD.
Here is a second hint: I gave the name on SOTD thread!
You should have it by now ;)