the JADE thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
First post here. Am quite overwhelmed with all the wealth of information you all have shared, as well as the photographs of your gorgeous jade pieces - I lOVE them all!!! The few jade pieces that I own are of terrible quality, most likely B or C, or probably not even jade, but these are all very cheap pieces. The only one that probably is of A quality is a jadeite button bought at a really fancy jade store in China years ago, when I quickly realized that it was probably the only thing I could afford. :sad: It's languishing in a drawer because I have no idea what to do with it - was thinking of setting it into a pendant or a bracelet, but I am stumped for ideas.

I realize this is a jade bangle forum, and I'm truly sorry to create a little digression. Would appreciate it if anyone can kindly post a picture of their jade buttons, be it in a pendant, bracelet, etc.

Finally, (and I'm sorry if this has been addressed in these two threads), does anyone have any good recommendations on where to find good quality jadeite bangles in Hong Kong? I am going there in June, and the only thing I know is where not to go, and that's the Jade Market. :sad:

Thank you!

Welcome gelatolover, glad you are joining us. Here is a picture of my jade button that I had made to match my blue bangle. Couldn't find an exact color match but this is the closest match I could find.

Attachments

• P1000541.jpg
    P1000541.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 335
Druzy - what happened was that I saw Custard at the shop when I bought Carousel. I went home, couldn't get it out of my mind so went back for it. When I was at the shop, the seller had Cream displayed as well. He said he just took it out of his stock to display. I had always wanted a pair & I also couldn't decide between the 2. Then his wife persuaded him to give me a further discount & the rest is history, lol 😄
Lucky you went back, they are a gorgeous pair. You were so lucky.

Druzy - what happened was that I saw Custard at the shop when I bought Carousel. I went home, couldn't get it out of my mind so went back for it. When I was at the shop, the seller had Cream displayed as well. He said he just took it out of his stock to display. I had always wanted a pair & I also couldn't decide between the 2. Then his wife persuaded him to give me a further discount & the rest is history, lol 😄

Can't stop staring at them. If I were you I would probably grab both too! LOVE.

Good morning! Just a quick hi before jetting off to work.

Here's my set from yesterday. The plastic works very well from keeping the jade from knocking into each other and contributes to a very casual look. I have 4 colors of these... the purple, a blue-green, a peach/pink, and a pink-with-white-stars. lol Fun!

9R08jAL.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.