the JADE thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I only just found this thread and the older ones this past week. I wish it was around years ago! I love all jade which is why I joined!

I was searching JadeIsUs, which led me to an older thread. I know some have posted that JadeIsUs is not to be trusted. However, years ago I did purchase a few jade bangles from him and thought I'd post photos to see what you think. Natural A jadeite, B/C jadeite or nephrite? I didn't know what I was doing and didn't know who to trust. So I didn't spend much $ on them. The green one was sold in his reduced section where the bangles have known flaws - in this case there's a crack. It also has a few surface cracks, too. The pale lavender one has a tiny chip on an inside edge, but I think that was not revealed when I bought it. However, when I emailed him about the chip, he was very apologetic and I could have returned it. But I decided to keep it anyway since I bought it during one of his 50% off sales, which seems to be on all the time now vs years ago.

I don't wear jade bangles often nor for any great lengths at a time. But I still love them (and the rest of my jade pieces) and love to simply look at them occasionally. This is my first post so I hope this and the photos turn out OK.

Hi and welcome jade4me. Experience is a wise teacher but we all pay for it. Some more. Some less. Cheers to making it here!

Ohh is that why you were in Park Slopes this past weekend? Are you looking for a brownstone or condo? The prices have gone sky high. I remember looking at a new build condo in Park Slopes before it got crazy, but there was no parking and hubby refuses to circle the block for parking so we ended up where we are now.

Early retirement sounds awesome but that means no shopping :x
Can you manage? LOL!

It's good to plan ahead and have a nice rainy day fund because you never know!
If you can achieve early retirement in 5 years by staying put...I say do it!
Although it might be tight on space at least you'll still have the convenience of being in the city.

Was looking at brownstones with a rental property but don't think can swing it unless we sell our manhattan apt or a gut needed place but do the gut reno later.

No shopping! :sad:

Early retirement in 5 years would also mean moving to a lower cost city than NY...decisions!!

Did you guys buy a house or a condo?

Man... this week has just been go-go-go. It's 7pm here and this the first opportunity I've had to just sit down today. DS is eating his dinner & watching Curious George and I'm hiding in my bedroom with my laptop.

Thought this article was interesting as I'm not used to thinking of brands outside of the ones usually posted about in the jewelry box, but with the incorporation of jade, precious metals, and luxe standards is a neat thought to me.

Any of the overseas jade sisters familiar with these brands?

http://luxurysociety.com/articles/2011/11/11-fine-jewellery-designers-china-taiwan

Man... this week has just been go-go-go. It's 7pm here and this the first opportunity I've had to just sit down today. DS is eating his dinner & watching Curious George and I'm hiding in my bedroom with my laptop.

Thought this article was interesting as I'm not used to thinking of brands outside of the ones usually posted about in the jewelry box, but with the incorporation of jade, precious metals, and luxe standards is a neat thought to me.

Any of the overseas jade sisters familiar with these brands?

http://luxurysociety.com/articles/2011/11/11-fine-jewellery-designers-china-taiwan

There are a few brands which I know like Larry Jewellery, Luk Fook from Hongkong.

Status
Not open for further replies.